Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Lions dont care for the opinions of sheep.

Too funny.

I try and drop little classics and see who picks them up ;)
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    It doesn't seem like there's any hope for civilized discussion in this thread anymore...

I think most of DC, EP, AD simply don't care about the bickering of a few group leaders, no matter how skillful they are - this campaign is decided by the actions of the collective solo players and pugs. Learn to lead them.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    ffor those who need a TL;DR, I took one keep as emp with a pug zerg and its essentially the worst thing that has ever been done in this game.

I didnt even stick around to defend it lol.

Honestly some of the best players are pugs, you just got to learn how to lead them.

PUG is not a term I use about our dc to insult anyone. I use it in the literal sense. Pick Up Group. in zone we have multiple pick up groups who do the best they can especially considering I dont believe any use TS
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Qorlas
    Qorlas
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I don't write so much in the forum, but I am playing the game from the days of the Beta testing. I have played PvE and group dungeons only until now. Two weeks ago I decided to give a chance to Cyrodill so that at the same time I could complete the questing around.

Play PVP has been fun, really fun, more than I expected.... but I think that I will not be back and in the future I will focus on the new DLCs that will be released. I had not trouble with the difference in playing PVP and on being killed a lot... it is the learning curve ;)... you win some, you lose some ;)

However, I am really sad to read this thread. In this GAME we should play to relax from the real troubles of real life, personally I play to rest from my job .... I don't like to see this need to test egos.

Just my 2 cents.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been having issues with line of sight on sieges. I've been having major problems with it and I can't even siege a keep.

I set up 4 sieges at Ray yesterday and not one of them had line of sight so I can aim for the wall. I got back on first siege and it started working and then stopped when I tried other sieges.

Maybe I should just delete them and pick up some different ones, but this is becoming a pain because I can't hit the wall. If you see me sieging and hitting the ground, there is a good chance my siege is not working.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics of conversati
    Has anyone been having issues with line of sight on sieges. I've been having major problems with it and I can't even siege a keep.

I set up 4 sieges at Ray yesterday and not one of them had line of sight so I can aim for the wall. I got back on first siege and it started working and then stopped when I tried other sieges.

Maybe I should just delete them and pick up some different ones, but this is becoming a pain because I can't hit the wall. If you see me sieging and hitting the ground, there is a good chance my siege is not working.

You can get an add-on that adds custom aimers to them (can't remember the name but I'm sure a quick google will find it), it is actually a pretty common problem, can't fathom how or why but it is.

Relogging also helps for a little while.
    Edited by Taylor_MB on August 24, 2016 2:09PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qorlas wrote: »
    Hi all,

I don't write so much in the forum, but I am playing the game from the days of the Beta testing. I have played PvE and group dungeons only until now. Two weeks ago I decided to give a chance to Cyrodill so that at the same time I could complete the questing around.

Play PVP has been fun, really fun, more than I expected.... but I think that I will not be back and in the future I will focus on the new DLCs that will be released. I had not trouble with the difference in playing PVP and on being killed a lot... it is the learning curve ;)... you win some, you lose some ;)

However, I am really sad to read this thread. In this GAME we should play to relax from the real troubles of real life, personally I play to rest from my job .... I don't like to see this need to test egos.

Just my 2 cents.

different personalities enjoy different things. I play to rest from work as well(as do most) but I find hilarity in a lot of it. I think it would be interesting just to be a fly on the wall in every guilds TS for a night, you can guage a lot about them and how they really are.

I look at it like the way I hang out with my real life friends. Its locker room talk, chest bumping, and a lot of laughs. Sure, there are times where we sit down and really get deep, but all in all its about having a good time, in whatever way that works for you.

You like to ignore the banter, I like to dive into it. everyone is going to do their own thing
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

You can get an add-on that adds custom aimers to them (can't remember the name but I'm sure a quick google will find it), it is actually a pretty common problem, can't fathom how or why but it is.

Relogging also helps for a little while.

for some reason sieging bloodmayne is nearly impossible for this reason. We end up playing musical chair with sieging(for some reason operating anothers tends to fix it)
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you have to alt on and off them repeatedly for them to work, in that time your others will degrade, its annoying as all get out
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Just my 2 cents.

I play the game to have fun to, BUT when I play PvP I turn into some evil minded killer ( RR? I don't know ). As soon as I get to Cyrdo my mindset changes; anyone who is on EP/AD are my worst enemy and all I want to do is kill them.

If I see someone fighting DC, I will go and try to help. All DC players are like family to me ( unless I have you on ignore ). I do tend to have a bad attitude while playing PvP, I get stressed, over excited, and panic sometimes.

When i play PvE I am totally different ( friendly ), however, I do panic a little when doing dungeons.

PvP is fun, but it's not for everyone.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 24, 2016 2:32PM

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Just my 2 cents.

I play the game to have fun to, BUT when I play PvP I turn into some evil minded killer

Glad you're on my side! :smile:
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Well right now I am apparently free AP for EP/AD. Not doing to well in AS.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Well right now I am apparently free AP for EP/AD. Not doing to well in AS.

Why not? PM me your class/spec/gear. Maybe I can help.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily

Your sentiments are pretty well the general way people react to PvP and that is because toxicity is the easiest thing to spread.

All you need is one person being a virus and it will spread through PvP community faster than anything else. The reason is the competitive nature of the PvP and wanting to make sure that other people know you are "good" at this game.

PvE mobs are not going to whisper you that you suck and should delete the game, the closest you will get to that is Valkyn trash talking you throughout the entire Dragon Star Arena, and that is why it is so damn satisfying to finally beat him.

When you have people that will do anything to win, to prove that they are better, you are going to bring out the worst in people. Even very nice people like yourself get caught up in the mob mentality.

It doesn't help if you are reading words like idiots, morons, *** and the like in zone chat. You may not think that has an affect on you, but subconsciously it is reinforcing the us vs them attitude, both within your faction and against the others.

So you have infighting within the faction of people calling others idiots, etc (this happens in all factions), the super frustrating people who get on your siege and aim it away from the walls, the exploiting jackasses who feel its their right to do whatever they want, the try-hards that will literally spend a month grinding the same mobs to get OP gear, then tell you to get-gud. AKA quit your job.

The point is, there is a reason that the "nice" people stay away from PvP in general, it is filled with the most toxic people in the environment.

Pre-emptive, but PuG dungeons are worse rebuttal: This will usually come from hardcore PvP folk who have a guild and want to speed run through dungeons for gold keys for gear to get back into PvP, this is not conducive to PuGs and will inevitably cause friction.

Tl;Dr; your environment has a lot to do with your feelings.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the biggest things in Cyrodiil is communication. Being in a group and having voice comms, listening to your raid leads directives, staying on crown, calling out ambushes and incoming siege -- all of this is important towards having success in pvp. You don't have to have a microphone either, as long as you're at least listening and can type halfway decently. Komodo Dragon pp, a 3 star alliance war general, never talks in TS (even though he's teased us with the possibility at times). We have several other players in Tertiary Meat that don't have microphones or prefer to listen and play rather than talking because they find it distracts them.

Being in a group is important, and most pugs seem to realize that at least, but that's only step one to being a successful group and successful guild. Many don't seem willing to take that next step or do not care to. And running a good group is not something that happens overnight either. Group composition is important as well. Do you have enough healers? Are you using AOE when fighting other groups and using CCs effectively? There's a lot of things that help you build a successful team. We played our EP and DC characters for a while but really we like the group composition we run with on AD side because not everyone has the same character flexibility leveled up for the other factions or cares to do so. If you have a good group in voice comms then it's pretty easy to tune out the garbage you sometimes see in zone.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    (...we had TM basically screwing with us all night along with firebeards group incessantly hitting BRK and Drake)

TM's group stayed at Bleakers all night, and never supported AD's main pop. @Kartalin is one of my best friends, but I don't control what TM does and I never once talked to him last night.

It was my group that hit Drake; Firebeard's wasn't even on; we hit it once, and took it.

BRK: See below
    Even while AD had Ash, Bleakers, Nikel, Brindle and were attacking Glademist, DC still pushed EP...

We were never near Glade last night. That was 2 nights ago, was only one attempt, and we failed there. Last night, AD saw EP defending/camping DC home keeps for hours, so we focused on scroll runs.
    ...the only reason DC even got out of their back two keeps was because of AD hitting BRK with 50+ guys at one point...

As for BRK: Well...... WHICH is it? What would you have HAD us do? Go craft armor? We had the lower half of the map. And every time we left Sejanus, headed to KC, that raid of EP hit us.
    You either want us to stay away from BRK, or stay away from Aleswell; pick one. And, we had RoB there, and it was only 24 of us, along with some pugs.
    Keep in mind, AD was at 2 bars... ALL night. We probably had the entire faction at BRK.

As for us "intentionally helping DC": @Chuga_Rei and @Nihang fought us ALL night, in our unstopping attempts to get just ONE of our scrolls back, at KC.
    Were we NOT supposed to try KC, as well?

Hell, we finally took KC just to grab our scroll, leaving the keep completely empty and the walls down... and Patrick came with a full raid to hunt us. But, you whine about being spread too thin, by our "incessant" assaulting? Had you let us have that scroll, you could've focused your resources on DC. But, you got greedy, and it cost you.

This is all let alone EP camping at Cropsford and the Allessia bridge. 5-10 of your best players were ganking there for most of the night. Did you mention to them that maybe defending the Arch-Mage set at Cropsford wasn't as important as... let's say... Arrius...?

Leave AD out of both, your equation and your conversation, here. We're in last place, just trying to play and train new players. 3 of our main guilds aren't even active this campaign.

And, trust me: Subtomik, Nihang, Evermore, Noble and Boo, etc. have rolled over me a hundred more times, than they have you. We fight nightly. I just don't brag about the times that I get DO get victories.

Hope this helps clarify some things. See ya out there. :smile:
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    PvE mobs are not going to whisper you that you suck and should delete the game, the closest you will get to that is Valkyn trash talking you throughout the entire Dragon Star Arena, and that is why it is so damn satisfying to finally beat him.

I don't think PvE is all smiles and picking flowers. I read somewhere today a guy was debating weather to go back into vet maelstrom or punch his self in the face.

I try really hard to be good, but there was a reason why I created "Drama Queen Emily", seems like every time I panic and open my mouth in PvP it turns into drama.

I remember one time I seen around 10 AD at Ash ( in BwB ). I panicked and was saying stuff like "Omg, we are going to loose Ash", "Am I like the only person at ASH???". "Does anyone hear me".

I think the only response I got was "STFU Emily", so I got mad and ran out the front door of Ash. I had planned on killing a few AD but the entire DC faction already did. Silly me and I thought I was the only one there.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 24, 2016 3:33PM

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think PvE is all smiles and picking flowers. I read somewhere today a guy was debating weather to go back into vet maelstrom or punch his self in the face.

That's personal frustration with the hardest content in the game, and it wasn't his face he was going to punch. Doesn't really address the "this is caused by other players" though, since that is solo content, they only solo content. Confused why you would bring that up in reference to PvP being toxic.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's personal frustration with the hardest content in the game, and it wasn't his face he was going to punch. Doesn't really address the "this is caused by other players" though, since that is solo content, they only solo content. Confused why you would bring that up in reference to PvP being toxic.

PVE isn't all smiles and picking flowers. Try showing up for vet content in Impen gear. Half the time you'll get /group-kicked by the PVE guys because you're not 'optimal'.

Then they whine when we farm them all night in IC.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It won't be the last time I confuse you. When I said that, I might have been thinking about something Qorlas said, "we should play to relax from the real life troubles.." Then started thinking about PvE mobs are not relaxing, unless someone enjoys punching their self.

Just ignore the stuff I say that is confusing to you.

• mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    You mirin our japanese night cappers?
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

Hell, we finally took KC just to grab our scroll, leaving the keep completely empty and the walls down... and Patrick came with a full raid to hunt us. But, you whine about being spread too thin, by our "incessant" assaulting? Had you let us have that scroll, you could've focused your resources on DC. But, you got greedy, and it cost you.

Look, I don't wanna get caught in this mess of "epeen table slapping", so I'm clarifying as politely as I can. I didn't come with any raid.. I'm not a raid leader, probably my lowest leveled skill in this game xD. Your scroll run was stopped because of the stalls of a solo tank, and the poor decision to run it directly towards Arrius (which EP owned and ran from to stop the scroll thieves).

I was the first (and the ONLY EP) to arrive at KC to actually defend against your scroll take. I arrived from the direction of the EP gate to place a camp, then I see that we had already been breached at both outer and inner walls. I ran up to the inner breach to see an AD picking up the scroll already. I managed to get the scroll carrier down to 20% health about 3 times on the breach amongst the barrage of your entire scroll group BY myself. I died though, no shame there, I fought like an animal and if there is one thing I'm good at in this game: It's dying well. I've had lots of practice at dying. Luckily for me, your group didn't decide to stay and take the keep, they ran>>>> directly towards Arrius. So I resurrected and ran after the scroll group, using my own rapid maneuvers that I slotted while chasing them. Caught up to the scroll group and wide-flanked around the whole group to arrive in front of the scroll runner 1/2 of the way between Arrius and Kingscrest. The entire group stopped to fight me, runner and all.

I held on with all of my might, gritting my teeth and using my ever-strong middle finger to show you my true feelings whilst holding a powerful block. As you all pounded on my shield, I kneeled lower and lower to the hard ground... listening to the shouts of the fair-skinned maidens saying, "FOR THE DOMINION!". Suddenly, it was over.... the excruciating weight on my shield was lifted and my eyes witnessed the bodies of my enemies being sat on repeatedly by my fellow faction members (an odd tradition but widely loved throughout the land it seems). My comrades had saved me, and vanquished the enemy that threatened to steal the elder scroll.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

I held on with all of my might, gritting my teeth and using my ever-strong middle finger to show you my true feelings whilst holding a powerful block. As you all pounded on my shield, I kneeled lower and lower to the hard ground... listening to the shouts of the fair-skinned maidens saying, "FOR THE DOMINION!". Suddenly, it was over.... the excruciating weight on my shield was lifted and my eyes witnessed the bodies of my enemies being sat on repeatedly by my fellow faction members (an odd tradition but widely loved throughout the land it seems). My comrades had saved me, and vanquished the enemy that threatened to steal the elder scroll.

QVLPeGi.gif
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I might actually give Azure a try.
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    It's a ton of fun :) you should
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »
    You mirin our japanese night cappers?

This morning I saw a few low AR toons with Japanese-sounding names playing EP. Perhaps they will have a little competition soon. King Emeric doesn't pay all that well.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    That DC zerg just now was stupid, pretty much a huge *** move if you ask me before campaign ends.
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well.

This is the new reality we have to accept.

Eventually the new DC oceanic crew will get bored of flipping the map every day vs very little competition and move on.

Interested to see who from DC is going to go for Emp after reset, it's basically guaranteed they'd get throned within 24hrs of a dethrone.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Oh well.

This is the new reality we have to accept.

Eventually the new DC oceanic crew will get bored of flipping the map every day vs very little competition and move on.

Interested to see who from DC is going to go for Emp after reset, it's basically guaranteed they'd get throned within 24hrs of a dethrone.

I don't think I will be around much next cycle. Imbalanced zerg fights every night aren't fun at all
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When sub hits GO im going to play on the more outnumbered faction. If my work schedule persists I should be on to fight at least some of the DC zerg

and i offered to abdicate last campaign, there is no way in hell im going for emp again.

before people make obscene objections etc like they are want to do in this thread. Im not going to abandon DC and fight for another campaign. But if my work schedule runs me into a early morning shift and im awake against 3 bars dc, to 1 bar ad/ep, i will gladly push back.)
    Edited by Chuga_Rei on August 25, 2016 11:02AM
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

This discussion has been closed.