Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    mortuusbae wrote: »
    You mirin our japanese night cappers?

This morning I saw a few low AR toons with Japanese-sounding names playing EP. Perhaps they will have a little competition soon. King Emeric doesn't pay all that well.

Whats AR?
    And I keep hearing about these Japanese players... has anyone confirmed this? I've never seen them, but I may just not be on at the same time. Is there an actual sinister oceanic guild that is capturing the map strictly on low pop... or is this just another scapegoat, and it's simply random DC players that are on in off-hours?
    I'm genuinely curious.

Either way - last night was some of the most fun we've had in Azura. Thanks to the pug leaders for running groups - I know it's hard to lead random players from zone, but we wouldn't have retaken home keeps without you! And thanks to the random solo players that helped push back those small but organized groups - EP did great last night against very skilled players + against zergs from all sides :)
    Edited by lepemetus on August 25, 2016 12:48PM
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Whats AR?
    And I keep hearing about these Japanese players... has anyone confirmed this? I've never seen them, but I may just not be on at the same time. Is there an actual sinister oceanic guild that is capturing the map strictly on low pop... or is this just another scapegoat, and it's simply random DC players that are on in off-hours?
    I'm genuinely curious

I will see if i can find the shadowplay of it, but i solo defended against the EP japanese zerg one morning and ended up getting a almost 90k solo tick at arrius(this was 3 weeks ago?) i sitll see groups of 6-12 of them in IC if i log on early before work.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    mortuusbae wrote: »
    You mirin our japanese night cappers?

This morning I saw a few low AR toons with Japanese-sounding names playing EP. Perhaps they will have a little competition soon. King Emeric doesn't pay all that well.

Whats AR?
    I'm genuinely curious.

Alliance Rank

I don't know if they are a guild or just random players, but some mornings (my time; Japan prime time) they are a significant presence.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great night of fighting in AZ. How AD was able to hold off that smurf zerg at ASH amazed me, Great Job AD!. I must have went through 50 repair kits on my cold fire.....DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    Hahaha this is just getting too funny.

PSA: You are playing a game. The game is a simulation of war. 3 sides try to win the campaign by any means necessary. That's really it.

We do not need a code of conduct on how specific players and specific guilds should act. We do not need rules as to when it is OK to take certain keeps or not. Stop finding reasons to be upset based on arbitrary agreements and discussion between a tiny fraction of the Cyrodiil population.

Just play the damn game. If you're losing, play harder. You'll get better, one death at a time.

....I guess feel free to spam the forums with complaints about who did what when and why that's mean, but the large majority of players will completely ignore you - hell, most aren't even on forums... (though I have to admit, this Azura soap opera has been pretty damn entertaining... but ugh, why am I still here)
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I don't insult people. It was an observation. I thought you held yourself to a different standard. You have made that very clear you don't.

This is what is annoying about emp.

Im online, I have to go offline, because dozens of people whisper you asking for help, complaining about you killing them, asking how ot get emp, bragging about killing you, etc etc

then you have to play an arbitrary set of rules you cant even decide on. Dont defend this keep, dont group with these people, offline? well sorry about your real life its time to defend.

i immediately log in. it looks like a major attack at a keep, with one of the outposts already gone(a move that always comes just before the taking0 of tthe inner ring) and i defend it, ONCE and its like the end of the world. I immeditately left. I didnt go siege the keep in the first place, and now im the bad guy.

its a lose, lose situation.

you know what. Maybe since it doesnt matter anyway, I can revert to what others have been begging me to do, and sit at your gates farming you until you all leave the campaign. Instead you can put yourself in my shoes for half a second, and quick faking this moral superiority and say "oh hey, we havent seen the emp all day, he wiped us, left and havent seen him since" instead of acting like I have been camping you all day at your gate.

and please, you dont insult people? you are one of the most sanctimonious tools I have spoken to. You constantly just to impose your play style on others. Look, just because your running the 100 meter in the special olympics doesnt mean im a bad person because I use both legs.

Now you see a little of the whining from a select few AD players about how "mean" and all that I am lol.

To clarify some things, I don't know enough about you to have an opinion other than to say I have mirrored my toon a little off yours since I don't see a lot of ranged magicka Templars out there, and you've never said anything rude or nasty to me unlike a certain associate of yours that shall not be named, but honestly I didn't have any problem other than rage tells just because someone kills you and that's easily solved by the old mute button lol.

Anyway, congrats on the win, too bad AD couldn't pull their heads out of their posteriors and actually give more than a half hearted fight since this was my first full campaign on this game, but hey I held 1st place being a "noob' so its all good haha!

I don't see a problem with going to the scrolls and taking them maybe other than the late night when no one is on crap, but it is what it is (not saying you did) and everyone who gets emp is gonna take scrolls that's just a fact... the problem obviously is gate camping the trikeeps, which you're gonna have tools that do it on every faction when the situation arises, I would just like to see the more elite players remind those [SNIP] that they wont have pvp to do that way ;)

Cheers
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on August 25, 2016 9:17PM
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    i would love nothing more then to farm these DC nightcappers, but it takes too long to level an alt.
    #LOVEPALACE
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Lions dont care for the opinions of sheep.

Too funny.

I try and drop little classics and see who picks them up ;)

You should still give Homer credz... Can't just borrow without a -Homer Simpson
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have gone through and removed several posts from the thread. While a certain amount of competitive razzing is acceptable please keep things civil. Also please note that these forums are English only, please do not post in other languages.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TooskSG
    TooskSG
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have gone through and removed several posts from the thread. While a certain amount of competitive razzing is acceptable please keep things civil. Also please note that these forums are English only, please do not post in other languages.

So you mean that people outside of NA have to conform to NA's language,cultural, and timezone standards while on NA stuff? Who would've thought
    Edited by TooskSG on August 25, 2016 7:36PM
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a bit racist isn't it lol, what about people who are not fluent in English?
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bit racist isn't it lol, what about people who are not fluent in English?

Hope not serious.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here cuz Ren and Fairly are awesome.
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    I'm just here cuz Ren and Fairly are awesome.

Wren and fake Ren!!! And they are.
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, Humphie is awesome too ^^
    Edited by BFT88 on August 26, 2016 12:54AM
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    Btw, Humphie is awesome too ^^

What's a Humphie?
    Oh gosh...I need to sleeeeeeeeeep.

Back to topic...we don't need more DC on AZ.
    Don't even think about that bfteeeeeeeeee
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious.
    Yes, they have been confirmed. 50 or so when they really get going. All of them with Japanese names. I play from Singapore and they're on in my evening time, though not every day. I wouldn't call them sinister though. They look like a PVE guild to me who decided they might want to do a bit of "PVP".

I've tried whispering a few but they don't reply (even if I'm whispering in Japanese), so dunno for sure where they are from.
  • jameslogan
    jameslogan
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    The discussion with Betsy is taken utterly out of context, they came at me all angry and bitching about me taking Rayles and holding it last night, my exact response - tell that to the japanese zerg you crutch on to steal EP's deserved win for the campaign, before you had a morning/nightcap crew and played defense all day. I literally said in addition that I have no beef with gate camping DC anymore, because they did it to us for a week straight to steal the campaign win after losing terribly the first 3 weeks when the campaign was actually balanced. I wasnt attacking THEM as a person, I was attacking their justification for supporting the dc nightzerg while complaining to me about taking back keeps in primetime.

Betsy came at you all angry and bitching. Funniest thing I've read in weeks. XD

Betsy: "You're defending Warden? (and yeah, it was Warden, not Rayles, though I know you stationed your guild at both gate keeps) I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who defends another faction's gate keeps."
    Rylana: "Yes. DR will defend your gate keeps. We are getting the win we deserve, and our pugs will camp your gates."

This was after I'd dropped 4 trebs and was basically alone at Warden, trying to get it back. Sure, a level 19 volumteer followed me. And yet again, I get my face ball-zerged to oblivion by a spear in the back and no less than 8 Jesus beams. And then yes, I proceeded to explain to you exactly how you were killing the pvp on the campaign, because you just didn't seem to *get it* whatsoever.

And yes, I was angry. Literally 100% of Azura's DC players fall into the category of solo players, small-man (TRUE small-man 4-person groups, not a ball zerg of 8-15), and inexperienced pugs. Somebody please correct me if I"m wrong. But when I see "DR hardly ever runs larger than 12" being said by Rylana repeatedly on these forums, I have to laugh. Do you have any idea how STRONG an 8-man group with voice comms is in Azura's? It's not just strong - in Azura's, it's overkill. So after a 30-day campaign of watching DR continually ball-zerg the faces off of solo players and inexperienced pugs who don't even know that hitting "esc" pops them off of their siege, yes, I was angry. After dropping over 4 million AP on camps and trebs throughout the campaign only to have my face ball-zerged off by DR using undodgeable attacks while I was alone at my own gate keep, I was angry.

But hey, now I actually have a reason to play the new EP character I leveled at the beginning of last campaign. Have fun in Haddy.
    Betsy
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DR will probably be back soon. The EP on Had have some serious hate thing going on with them, and the EP here tends to fall apart to the AD hordes without DR support.

• Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    DR will probably be back soon. The EP on Had have some serious hate thing going on with them, and the EP here tends to fall apart to the AD hordes without DR support.

Haderus is going to be non-competitive if all those EP really come over. DC on haderus are skilled players but generally don't group more than 4-6 in a group. They will have to organize more to hold off the impending 60+ EP blob that is told to be coming. However, if DR/Invictus/Haxus stayed on TF while some of the more experienced AD went back to haderus to fight the EP blob, then I could see some good balancing on TF and haderus.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    ..,while some of the more experienced AD went back to haderus to fight the EP blob, then I could see some good balancing on TF and haderus.
    Like us? It could be interesting if we keep pulling numbers like we have in the past week or so.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    ..,while some of the more experienced AD went back to haderus to fight the EP blob, then I could see some good balancing on TF and haderus.
    Like us? It could be interesting if we keep pulling numbers like we have in the past week or so.

Oh god yes, I've been wanting TM to go to haderus for so long. Up until this week, we would have been the only AD on the server for all the farming aside from small groups like Qaevir and LEI. However, DIG has resurrected this week and has a strong presence on haderus again though, so farming potential on AD is diminished now especially with CoH and Fantasia and others coming over. AD's problem right now is that many of the guilds don't run nightly. DC on haderus is mixed bag too, not many guilds, lots of smaller groups, occasionally there are guilds there too. Will be awkward to fight my DC comrades on haderus but TM is easy to avoid. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out but I expect to see a lot more of map swinging on haderus unless there's a mass exodus and it's just TF 2.0.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haderus is going to be non-competitive if all those EP really come over. DC on haderus are skilled players but generally don't group more than 4-6 in a group. They will have to organize more to hold off the impending 60+ EP blob that is told to be coming. However, if DR/Invictus/Haxus stayed on TF while some of the more experienced AD went back to haderus to fight the EP blob, then I could see some good balancing on TF and haderus.

As far as I am aware, Haxus isn't moving from TF.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pchela wrote: »

As far as I am aware, Haxus isn't moving from TF.

It will be interesting to see how the dust settles across TF and haderus now. I remember a couple patches back when Azura's was still CP and the lag server, and then haderus was the spill over campaign people went to until their group queues popped. It was competitive there on Haderus and then groups took their group queues, it was very haphazard though. We need like a guild sign up sheet for campaign cycles. Somebody organize that lol.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭

Oh god yes, I've been wanting TM to go to haderus for so long. Up until this week, we would have been the only AD on the server for all the farming aside from small groups like Qaevir and LEI. However, DIG has resurrected this week and has a strong presence on haderus again though, so farming potential on AD is diminished now especially with CoH and Fantasia and others coming over. AD's problem right now is that many of the guilds don't run nightly. DC on haderus is mixed bag too, not many guilds, lots of smaller groups, occasionally there are guilds there too. Will be awkward to fight my DC comrades on haderus but TM is easy to avoid. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out but I expect to see a lot more of map swinging on haderus unless there's a mass exodus and it's just TF 2.0.
    Qae is part of LEI, and we'll run more if our 6-man core is all online again. ;)
    As for TM, our guild lead dislikes the entirety of the CP system with a burning passion, so it's very very unlikely you'll see us anywhere ebut Azuras.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Qae is part of LEI, and we'll run more if our 6-man core is all online again. ;)
    As for TM, our guild lead dislikes the entirety of the CP system with a burning passion, so it's very very unlikely you'll see us anywhere ebut Azuras.

I know, and the time has passed now, we missed out on all the farming we could have had on haderus. Will have to share it with all the other AD coming back. Azuras is fun but it's so slow, too much horse back riding.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    DC pop locked at 8am, having pve'd the map again.

And the Japanese zerg has gotten bigger.

Wonderful...
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This blue zerg right now is un-flippin-real.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC pop lock and AD and EP 1 bar. This is insane.

Thanks, ZOS.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    DC pop locked at 8am, having pve'd the map again.

And the Japanese zerg has gotten bigger.

Wonderful...

They should go to trueflame, if all oceanic players came to trueflame it would make for some great fights and there would be less 'night capping' for everyone on all servers.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
This discussion has been closed.