Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't run tests on PTS yet, and I have some questions regarding Negate Magic (Suppression Field, mostly)

1. Does anyone have a screenshot of Suppression Field magic damage? How much damage can it inflict?

2. It's possible to receive 8% Healing from Blood Magic when hitting with it? Since it's an AoE Ultimate, will ppl get 8% per NPC/player caught into the ultimate area or just 8%?

Thanks.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on April 27, 2016 2:30PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't run tests on PTS yet, and I have some questions regarding Negate Magic (Suppression Field, mostly)

1. Does anyone have a screenshot of Suppression Field magic damage? How much damage can it inflict?

2. It's possible to receive 8% Healing from Blood Magic when hitting with it? Since it's an AoE Ultimate, will ppl get 8% per NPC/player caught into the ultimate area or just 8%?

Thanks.

Can't give comparisons on the damage, but blood magic has an internal cool-down and will only proc once regardless of number of targets. Not sure if the dot ticks can continue to proc it.
    Options
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest impact this will have for sorcerers is PVE. Many people have already stated, for pvp you reapply the shield every couple of seconds anyway. Which is odd, as the change was supposed to nerf sorcs in pvp. Only thing you notice in pvp is, that you can't keep the shield up outside of combat non stop, in combat, again, no change for sorc.

So in short, this nerf is hardly noticeable for the PVP sorc, but will impact many instances in PVE, mainly the solo instances.
    Options
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue I'm seeing currently with the sorc class that has yet to be addressed is damage abilities.

Each class has a unique or several unique spammables that are good.

For Example: DK's have whip, NB's have Funnel/Concealed, and Templars have Jabs/Dark Flare

Sorcs have Crystal Frags, an expensive skill that doesn't even compare to Dark Flare, not to mention to get the insta cast proc you have to cast OTHER skills. So instead sorcs are forced to rely on a non class skill for spammable. You keep shoving pets down are necks without addressing much needed changes to other class abilities. This is the 3rd major update where sorcs are yet again left out behind other classes in terms of comparable DPS without relying on Overload, which let's face it is cheese.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I really hope you can relay to the other devs that this is just simply not acceptable anymore. The sorc class in some way needs a complete do over in some aspects and brought up to par with the other classes.

Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barlthump wrote: »
    To all the sorcs threatening to reroll, JUST DO IT! I love these changes, no more running around the world with a damage shield when not in combat, the changes make no difference if you are in combat, and you don't need such a huge shield while just walking around out of combat. And for those worried about the PvE prospects of the game, it's fairly legit if you ask me, going a full glass cannon build means you got to be careful about mob mechanics and know which hits you can take and which you can't. I find it really unfair that other classes need a bare minimum of 18k- 20k health to be accepted into a raid where as if you are a sorc you just need like 10-13k health with a 30k dmg health shield. You got to give up something. It's balance, glass cannon = quicker death + more damage, going abut tanky = lesser damage + more survivability

You just made every gankblade lurking in the IC sewers very happy with that statement.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I dont get are the changes to dampen and bone shields. I mean why they even though of doing it in the first place. What exactly is the reason they turned dampen in to a hardened clone and bone in to a stam equivalent. So now, every magica/stamina character will get their own hardened ward, and sorc will have two. Is this is how they address shield stacking problem by giving out more shields ?

This is basicly my toughts, and I know ive posted this before, but it needs more attention, maybe zos will see reason and stop the shieldmeta they are forcing on ppl, its a toxic and boring gameplay for pvp that enforces spamming instead of reaction for defence.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    POSOTIVE SORC FEEDBACK

Hello bruno,

Hope you are well, first of all I would like to say fantastic work on the new changes, its looking great. A few things need to be addressed and tone down but all in all great step with the new changes.

Now magic sorc bruno the, reduced time to 6 seconds for shield stacking is brilliant!! absolutely brilliant not only do sorcs now have to play creatively it also makes coming up against a sorc more balanced.

I have a sorc so I know exactly what I am talking about I played in year one as a magic sorc with nirnhound on everything and let me tell you not only was I bored of how ridiculous it was I was also disappointed how easy it was for a class which is so easy to pick up and master would be so tacky and obnoxious to fight against. I quit for 6 months because of the ease and lack of creativity sorcs play style was and it was repetitive in cyridil in every other sorc build. shield stacking was a major problem and you have taken the right steps by reducing the time.

The funny thing is bruno you will find that the ones that complain about shield stacking are usually the sorc that stack the most, good sorc players will adapt to this play style add a new dynamics to their play style. Please do not look at the negative comments and judge the change by the negative sorcs who constantly shield stack. I think this is so good and positive what you guys and girls have done for the community and I commend it.

Alternatively if people still do complain about it I would suggest making wards critable to some extent to continue the element of balance.

STAM SORC

Stam sorcs regrettably are not the most popular class to play although the changes you made to hurricane I think its fantastic, the extra tick damage adds a new dynamic of pressure in PVP and good damage boost for PVE, the silence super ability changes are perfect really good for tactical play. The only thing I would suggest is stam sorc have a DPS ability that works like concealed weapon, dragon whip/claw, bitting jabs. A stam morph of crystal blast would be perfect, crystal blast is rarely used this could now be a stam morph and work exactly the same as crystal frags. this gives us a DPS ability from our tree to use like the other classes.

Please consider that.

All in all well done on the new patch notes, again a few things still need to be addressed but overall sorc shields and shields in general reduced time is a blessing.

Yours truly,

Genjutsu_kami
    Options
  • spudblack
    spudblack
    This is the official feedback thread for the Sorcerer for the Dark Brotherhood update. Please let us know how you feel about the changes we made to this class, if you ran into any bugs, and any other feedback you'd like to give.

Tried in pts you cannot let the time reduction to ward go live. Also the chante to dawnbreaker is a bad idea every sorcerer will being spamming overload without it.
    Options
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, if you're a dev and you're reading this: thank you for the work you put in. It's not gone unnoticed. This game is amazing and I've loved it since the day it dropped. Hell, before that even! There's only one aspect of this patch that really bothers me, and judging by the wall of text that follows, I hope you can see how important this is to me.

For a game that focuses so heavily on build viability and diversity, it's kind of saddening that stamina sorcs got nerfed again.
    I've run a khajiit stamina-sorc for literally years now, and I'll break it down to the devs why this PTS patch sorely nerfs one of the lowest end-game dps classes.

The thundering presence morph is great. It really is. BUT: it doesn't proc crit surge, it's an aoe that scales off of weapon damage and stamina now, which is nice, but when your main heal is derivitive of spike damage only, you can see why it's kind of a nerf... in a pvp setting at the very least.

Nerf in the sense that that buff was a trade-off for this class. After the wrecking blow nerf, we now have to choose between the ONLY hard stamina cc we have available, or not coming in last place for any dps race... which we're still liable to do. I'm in the guild that completed vet maw, and pretty much every specialization besides stam sorc is able to push 28-32k dps. Sustained. I simply can't maintain/ compete with that even as is.

I don't even have empower available on any of my skills. Major Brutality galore! It's a shame though, because those don't stack. WB is still currently the only skill available that grants empower, which is still currently the only reason I can compete in any endgame content...

A possible solution I see to this issue is something that I feel is too commonly shrugged off.

Stam-poison-weapon-damage-scaling-crystal-frags-morph that grants empower when it's proc'd.

Keep the CC, allow empower to only proc when the insta-cast is available. (Allow the insta-cast to proc off of stamina based skills). Or alternatively some kind of scaling where both morphs were based off of your higher stat... Like an overload scaling... Speaking of which, overload should do poison or physical damage for a stam sorc. Having to split CP in awkward ways to sustain end game dps #s is an eternal struggle for me in the current state.

It'd give us a good dps spike and CC in pvp, and it wouldn't cripple us in PVE. It wouldn't be spammable in pvp, either. Without a stamina CC, stam sorcs will be forced to choose between CC ing or having our main dps boon/ heal active. Even then, one bolt escape every 10 seconds won't change the tide of any fight. It'll force me to run magicka regen drinks.... which take a cut into my dps yet again...

The thundering presence morph, bound armaments, and crit surge stam morphs are all great, don't get me wrong, but we're the only class without a single target dps stam morph.

Read that again. The *only* class without a single target dps stam morph.

Not that it's necessarily viable to do so for their dps, but literally any other class could wb->stam jav/ jabs, or wb-> suprise attack, or wb-> stam whip/ unstable flames. Sorcs only have one option as is: wb-> wb
    Or a heavy attack-> wb weave.

Point being, stam-sorcs just took a HUGE dps loss, and migrated some of our remaining dps into an area that won't proc our heals... We're going to be the jokes of DB, (esp. in IC and pvp settings ) and for such a fun playstyle... and being that it's my only main, I'm not even sure I'll be able to compete endgame content anymore. It's very disappointing and I'm not certain I'd continue to play if the natch potes don't get a little bit reworked for stam sorcs at the very least...

Hell, make the stam frags a copy cat of the old wb as far as scaling and functionality go! 1 second cast, knockback, empower, close range

I'm not sure how you guys will go about this, but I NEED to be able to run trials on my main...

Every class got stamina spec buffs.... Why don't stam sorcs ever get any love? We're build diversity personified! Whatever happened to the sword-wielding casters of elderscrolls past? Plz rework wb... Give me a stam curse/ frags combo or *something* for pvp.

I love this game and really don't want to get left behind in buffs/ take unintended nerfs. Thank you for your time and I hope I didn't sound disrespectful. I really appreciate the work you guys do.
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How has stam sorc concerns not been commented on yet by ZOS? Do they really think literally everyone besides them is wrong? Throw us a freakin bone here, please.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove the component that surge heal dont proc with dots, the reason you add this was the low ticking dots. Since they change all dots that they tick every sec. and not 0,5 sec, all dots have a more or less high tick....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Other things that I noticed while going through this thread:

-Does hurricane grant major expedition? If not, it should, and for a longer duration than thundering presence. Ideally 5 seconds at max rank. I only run this skill because it grants major expedition. I'd replace it with shuffle if it didn't.

-Will there be a bonus to the weapon damage increasing passive in order to compensate for the fact fighter's guild skills can be used to achieve higher weapon damage?
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »
    Remove the component that surge heal dont proc with dots, the reason you add this was the low ticking dots. Since they change all dots that they tick every sec. and not 0,5 sec, all dots have a more or less high tick....

^^^THIS^^^

Surge barely procs off of anything anymore. Please fix this so things like Velocious Curse and Rapid Strikes can Surge heal!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    The biggest impact this will have for sorcerers is PVE. Many people have already stated, for pvp you reapply the shield every couple of seconds anyway. Which is odd, as the change was supposed to nerf sorcs in pvp. Only thing you notice in pvp is, that you can't keep the shield up outside of combat non stop, in combat, again, no change for sorc.

So in short, this nerf is hardly noticeable for the PVP sorc, but will impact many instances in PVE, mainly the solo instances.

Nah. it's gonna have a bigger impact in PvP then people think and very negative for the sorc. the changes to shields in general gives every class and build access to their own hardened ward while giving Sorcs nothing to compensate.

Templars. Good DPS, Great burst heals and Hardened ward (dampen magicka)

Nightblade: Good heals, great DPS, Great burst, an escape that doesn't have a stacking cost increase and hardened ward (dampen Magicka)

Sorcs: no good burst heals, an escape that does have a stacking cost increase, hardened ward and a little bat lady

sorcs just got *** in the ass and are (if these changes go through) the worst class for PvP
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 27, 2016 5:14PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    Other things that I noticed while going through this thread:

-Does hurricane grant major expedition? If not, it should, and for a longer duration than thundering presence. Ideally 5 seconds at max rank. I only run this skill because it grants major expedition. I'd replace it with shuffle if it didn't.

-Will there be a bonus to the weapon damage increasing passive in order to compensate for the fact fighter's guild skills can be used to achieve higher weapon damage?

Pff, the minor buff should be active for the whole duration if it were added. Vampires have a similar source in accelerating drain and if it didn't have a long duration the speed buff wouldn't be noticed. Could be cool.
    Options
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    POSOTIVE SORC FEEDBACK

Hello bruno,

Hope you are well, first of all I would like to say fantastic work on the new changes, its looking great. A few things need to be addressed and tone down but all in all great step with the new changes.

Now magic sorc bruno the, reduced time to 6 seconds for shield stacking is brilliant!! absolutely brilliant not only do sorcs now have to play creatively it also makes coming up against a sorc more balanced.

I have a sorc so I know exactly what I am talking about I played in year one as a magic sorc with nirnhound on everything and let me tell you not only was I bored of how ridiculous it was I was also disappointed how easy it was for a class which is so easy to pick up and master would be so tacky and obnoxious to fight against. I quit for 6 months because of the ease and lack of creativity sorcs play style was and it was repetitive in cyridil in every other sorc build. shield stacking was a major problem and you have taken the right steps by reducing the time.

The funny thing is bruno you will find that the ones that complain about shield stacking are usually the sorc that stack the most, good sorc players will adapt to this play style add a new dynamics to their play style. Please do not look at the negative comments and judge the change by the negative sorcs who constantly shield stack. I think this is so good and positive what you guys and girls have done for the community and I commend it.

Alternatively if people still do complain about it I would suggest making wards critable to some extent to continue the element of balance.

STAM SORC

Stam sorcs regrettably are not the most popular class to play although the changes you made to hurricane I think its fantastic, the extra tick damage adds a new dynamic of pressure in PVP and good damage boost for PVE, the silence super ability changes are perfect really good for tactical play. The only thing I would suggest is stam sorc have a DPS ability that works like concealed weapon, dragon whip/claw, bitting jabs. A stam morph of crystal blast would be perfect, crystal blast is rarely used this could now be a stam morph and work exactly the same as crystal frags. this gives us a DPS ability from our tree to use like the other classes.

Please consider that.

All in all well done on the new patch notes, again a few things still need to be addressed but overall sorc shields and shields in general reduced time is a blessing.

Yours truly,

Genjutsu_kami

Haha this is reverse trolling... If you think the changes are "brilliant" you either A: do not actually have a sorc and are trying to get implied changes to stick by rubbing off the devs or B: have some petty sorc build from a year ago that users a prefab build and button spams.

I would like see more actual feedback from the PTS other than thoughts and complaints.

I'm a console player and I could manage these changes by adjusting rotation, but they would have to give us buff timers... I could see changes being manageable (not optimal) with a buff timer but just a never ending shield spam without a buff timer on console

Edited by DjSolJAH on April 27, 2016 5:19PM
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
    Options
  • peak99
    peak99
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs get one skill that's OK for PVE.

Stamblades get ulti and execute
    Stam dks get a shi* ton of scalable dots
    Templars get free caltrops.

For real, RIP Sorc.
    (Mainly for Stam sorcs, but truly u did nothing for sorcs who have abysmal dps outside OL) u messed with magicka pvp burst via DB.

Really all hate for the sorc. Nerf streak nerf shields, nerf magicka ultis, and gives nothing back.

Back to Stam sorc,
    WB changes were needed, sadly Stam sorcs have no good CC's so this is gonna hurt them pretty bad with no real buffs to pvp skills. Hurricane is cool and all but everyone already told u Stam sorcs use the magica Storm cuz it costs too much Stam. What The Ay!?

U say ur gonna buff Stam well what about sorcs!?

U want balance? Why would u buff Stam blades then?! Lmfaorotflac
    Options
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Bigpunn225 wrote: »
    I will say this sorcerers were in a really good spot the last couple of patches. I'm cool with lowering the shields time frame down, But 6secs is too low. 12secs would be a better time frame. Sorcs do not have great heals or a built in dodge chance so we have to rely on that ward to keep us alive. NB for example have a built in dodge chance in their skill tree, with other stam builds using shuffle for a dodge chance. Stam builds are getting a shield of their own this patch. Does anyone else not see the issue with this? So on top of a mean 20% dodge chance you have like a 7k ward with bone shield now, plus the ability to dodge roll multiple times. Magicka sorcerers do not the luxury of really dodge rolling attacks often we also don't have a dodge chance on top of a ward, like stam builds are going to have. So now stam builds will have multiple ways of mitigating a ton of dmg while your killing the only way a sorcerer can survive affectively in pvp and in solo pve. The sorcerer was really hurt offensively as well, by taking away dawnbreaker. This was by far the best instant dps ulti we had. The point im trying to make is this you are really hurting this class form two different angles this patch. This wasn't a small change this was a complete game changing move.

Magicka Sorcs have Bolt Escape...which allows them to kite and burst if needed....This is basically their form of dodge...

and you have access to decent enough heals..and the primary heal you guys use is the same one virtually every other Magicka Class uses...Healing Ward..so saying you lack heals is rather ***.

He said we have no good CLASS heal, compared to DK or Templar he's right. We have one decent class defense: Hardened ward, and that needs to go back to where it was. Prevent stacking it with harness magicka if you want, but we don't have the heals, reflect, cloak, or mitigation that other magicka classes have. So we got a 20 second shield, on top of 20K health, most of you do a fine job of eating into it quickly.

It needs to go back, do this right. Fix shield stacking, by adding major/minor SHIELD. Don't wreck or nerf shields. Why is that so hard for ZOS?

There's absolutely NO reason to run Hardened ward over Harness Magicka due to the magic return and the equal size and duration. So our best class defense gets replaced by an arguably better ability that's available to everyone, and there's no bonus for using our class skill (2% damge increase? No. GFY). ZOS, who the hell's stupid idea is this?

You have access to surge and a passive in your line that gives you fairly decent heals in combat plus you have access to healing ward; again claiming you don't have access to heals is a load of *** cause every single magicka sorc runs restro staff because healing ward stacks so well with hardened... It's like saying you don't have access to a charge ability as a stamina user which you clearly do as a sorc in the form of crit charge or shield charge.

And bolt escape is a form of mitigation no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

As for having no reason to run hardened; it procs crystal fragments insta proc; you'd be insane not to use it over harness magicka.

Hello, I'm a magicka sorc and I don't run a resto staff. I also don't stack shields unless I'm off-tanking or consciously taking over aggro.

Surge heal - really? You gotta be kidding me, it's barely making a difference. The same with the passive heal -it's negligible, especially in PvP being cut in half.

Our main heal is tied up to a pet that you need to have on all 3 bars. Keeping the pet alive was a challenge before, now it's almost impossible unless I wanna quit doing damage altogether and just spend my time recasting ward and activating pet's healing ability. And then again, what kind of sustain do I need to have to be able to do that?

Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the shield change and the lot of comment about it on this thread (I can understand them, they're at the right place), I seriously think we need an official stamina sorc thread if we want to be notated by ZOS.

Beside, here is a lot of ideas I've seen for stamsorc and what I'ld like to see aswel :
    • Hurricane : this morph is bad, really bad. Not so powerful in pve, really weak in pvp. But it is a really good idea, a wind-user stamina warrior is really fun. Hurricane need the ability to keep the max damage and range if refreshed before the end of the effect, and either a damage boost or the major expedition boost for at least half the time.
    • Crystal blast : a lot of people would like a spammable stamina ability for stamsorc, but I think stamsorc is better is focusing on weapon enhancement and personal utilities. So, I'ld like to see crystal blast become a stamina close ranged hard cc with a few damage. If they is a cast time, the ability should have both powerful cc and damage, but if the ability have no cast time the damage must be low (more or like stone fist, but with less range and an another animation).
    • Pets : they really should scale with both magicka/stamina pool and damage. Stamsorc won't have any shield to protect them, but at least they will have more build available. After all, summon and necromancy in TES lore can use both magic power or stamina force of the user.
    • Storm atronash : the first hit of one of the morph really need to do physical damage.
    • Bound armament : it's actually the core ability of stamsorc, and it can be a really good idea with some help. First, it should be an active ability with passive effect (the 8% more stamina) and long effect (30 second at least), and secondly it should give a better effect when used (a 5% bonus damage to all weapon skill, or something like that).
    • Power overload : the heavy overload attack is garbage in any case : weak aoe with weak range and high ultimate cost, cleave/pulsar are far better (and I don't even speak about steel tornado). Someone give the idea to have a wind change for the heavy attack, a canalized attack who do physical damage. It can be a beam with medium range like heavy resto/thunder staff ae, or a conic aoe but with similar damage to overload light attack. Of course, the actual morph effect should be a part of the base skill, just because it look great.
    • Critical surge : since energized and disintegrate are now nearly useless for stamsorc, I would like to see crit surge adding a tiny thunder damage to all weapon damage (or all stamina damage) done. It can be a base number, or an added percentage like 2% of each damage except for targeted dot. It can be a real boost to overall damage without adding too much burst damage (except when disintegrate proc). And more, crit surge will be better than rally with that.
    • Ball of lightning : someone suggested adding a stamina gap closer morph for this spell, similar to the enemy mage's one. I don't know if it's necessary with the new change to silver leash, but it may be cool. I might still choose the free direction morph, though.
    • Energized : since stamsorc don't use thunder damage anymore, why not a similar change to DK's passive ? With the new amazing storm theme, stamsorc are focused on physical damage. Why not giving energized a boost for all physical damage too ? Of course, since weapon and fighter guild's damage are nearly all physical too, it must be less than 5%, perhaps 2% or 3%.
    • Expert mage : with the new change to slayer (warrior guild), expert mage -a class passive- need a boost. Having a fighter guild's ability in our bar give more damage than a sorc one, and moreover fighter guild's abilities are more useful than sorc one for the most part. Stamsors actually can have more weapon damage than everyone to "compensate" their really poor abilities a little, and now this advantage is gone. Expert mage should give at least 4% more weapon damage for each sorc skill slotted, or a flat 6% weapon damage boost if at least one sorc skill is slotted. The magicka part shouldn't be changed, because the burst ability in pvp is already enough for magsorc (even if they really need some boost to sustain dps in pve).

And that all for my stamina sorcerer focused ideas. But I really want to add something about pets. They should be a pure active ability, who keep once summoned even on a bar where the skill isn't slotted. If the pet became a long duration "buff" (30 second to one minute), the summon time need to be tweaked a bit. If they became a short duration buff (less tan 30 second, and I hope it won't happen), then they need no summon time. And if they are a continuous duration, we need to be able to unsummon them (perhaps by using the pet key and the pet's ability key at the same time ?). In each case, their abilities still need the skill, and they only can be here if they are slotted on bar 1 or 2, not on overload bar (because you can slot them on overload bar, summon them and de-slot overload).
    Oh, and I won't speak about shield duration on player on this post, but please… boost both duration and amount of shield on pets by a serious number. Thanks.
    Options
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that this has already written down by someone, but I don´t have time to read this complete thread =/

Stam Sorc. (Although it´s kinda a problem for mag sorcs too)
    I love playing my stam sorc cause I am not forced to use a 2h to get my major brutality. Crit Sruge is a nice skill and you can create a build around that. But with the new patch even more players will use shields. And when you are using crit surge, you are screwed. Non critable shields. (Not to mentioned all the other benefits you get using a shield)

For the love of my khajiit stam sorc, make all shields bigger (in pvp) but let them be critable. Or give at least a reason why they are not critable and why you choose to do so!

And a stamfrag would be nice o:)
    Options
  • peak99
    peak99
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Let me spell this change out for anyone who is too stupid to understand it. Get your notebook out, you ready? Here is the new sorc killing meta:

Sorc casts ward. Play defensively for 5 seconds. CC > Burst > Dead Sorc.

Sorcs do not have cloak, Sorcs do not have BoL, Sorcs do not have wings, vigor, rally, shuffle, block or dodge roll, but now EVERYONE has conjured ward to back those abilities up.

Sorc should have the longest lasting shield. I would be happy with 10 seconds.

This.

Currently ward defines sorc defense in pvp.

Templars have mending and purge
    Night blades have cloak, funnel
    dK have vitality/mending? Wings, tanky AF.

Sorcs? They got no buffs this patch bottom of the pile with these changes now that every1 and there mother has a ward.

lame.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    6-8 seconds duration of wards ? Is this a joke ?
    They will be completely useless in both pvp and pve(veteran maelstrom).
    If this will go live, the 100 champion points of bastion will have to be relocated since there will be no reason for using the wards(especially in pvp).
    The 100 points can be used for increasing the physical, magical/etc damage reduction as a compensation.
    Though I don't think that investing in damage reduction will be enough to survive.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/261895/rip-sorc#latest
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with a 6 second ward in pvp, but it's far too short for pve. Can you not battle spirit it? So we get a 6 second ward for pvp and a 20 second ward for pve. I'm also pretty damn sore that annulment got buffed. What were you thinking?? Reverse this change please!
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on April 27, 2016 6:23PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    With the shield change and the lot of comment about it on this thread (I can understand them, they're at the right place), I seriously think we need an official stamina sorc thread if we want to be notated by ZOS.

Beside, here is a lot of ideas I've seen for stamsorc and what I'ld like to see aswel :
    • Hurricane : this morph is bad, really bad. Not so powerful in pve, really weak in pvp. But it is a really good idea, a wind-user stamina warrior is really fun. Hurricane need the ability to keep the max damage and range if refreshed before the end of the effect, and either a damage boost or the major expedition boost for at least half the time.
    • Crystal blast : a lot of people would like a spammable stamina ability for stamsorc, but I think stamsorc is better is focusing on weapon enhancement and personal utilities. So, I'ld like to see crystal blast become a stamina close ranged hard cc with a few damage. If they is a cast time, the ability should have both powerful cc and damage, but if the ability have no cast time the damage must be low (more or like stone fist, but with less range and an another animation).
    • Pets : they really should scale with both magicka/stamina pool and damage. Stamsorc won't have any shield to protect them, but at least they will have more build available. After all, summon and necromancy in TES lore can use both magic power or stamina force of the user.
    • Storm atronash : the first hit of one of the morph really need to do physical damage.
    • Bound armament : it's actually the core ability of stamsorc, and it can be a really good idea with some help. First, it should be an active ability with passive effect (the 8% more stamina) and long effect (30 second at least), and secondly it should give a better effect when used (a 5% bonus damage to all weapon skill, or something like that).
    • Power overload : the heavy overload attack is garbage in any case : weak aoe with weak range and high ultimate cost, cleave/pulsar are far better (and I don't even speak about steel tornado). Someone give the idea to have a wind change for the heavy attack, a canalized attack who do physical damage. It can be a beam with medium range like heavy resto/thunder staff ae, or a conic aoe but with similar damage to overload light attack. Of course, the actual morph effect should be a part of the base skill, just because it look great.
    • Critical surge : since energized and disintegrate are now nearly useless for stamsorc, I would like to see crit surge adding a tiny thunder damage to all weapon damage (or all stamina damage) done. It can be a base number, or an added percentage like 2% of each damage except for targeted dot. It can be a real boost to overall damage without adding too much burst damage (except when disintegrate proc). And more, crit surge will be better than rally with that.
    • Ball of lightning : someone suggested adding a stamina gap closer morph for this spell, similar to the enemy mage's one. I don't know if it's necessary with the new change to silver leash, but it may be cool. I might still choose the free direction morph, though.
    • Energized : since stamsorc don't use thunder damage anymore, why not a similar change to DK's passive ? With the new amazing storm theme, stamsorc are focused on physical damage. Why not giving energized a boost for all physical damage too ? Of course, since weapon and fighter guild's damage are nearly all physical too, it must be less than 5%, perhaps 2% or 3%.
    • Expert mage : with the new change to slayer (warrior guild), expert mage -a class passive- need a boost. Having a fighter guild's ability in our bar give more damage than a sorc one, and moreover fighter guild's abilities are more useful than sorc one for the most part. Stamsors actually can have more weapon damage than everyone to "compensate" their really poor abilities a little, and now this advantage is gone. Expert mage should give at least 4% more weapon damage for each sorc skill slotted, or a flat 6% weapon damage boost if at least one sorc skill is slotted. The magicka part shouldn't be changed, because the burst ability in pvp is already enough for magsorc (even if they really need some boost to sustain dps in pve).

And that all for my stamina sorcerer focused ideas. But I really want to add something about pets. They should be a pure active ability, who keep once summoned even on a bar where the skill isn't slotted. If the pet became a long duration "buff" (30 second to one minute), the summon time need to be tweaked a bit. If they became a short duration buff (less tan 30 second, and I hope it won't happen), then they need no summon time. And if they are a continuous duration, we need to be able to unsummon them (perhaps by using the pet key and the pet's ability key at the same time ?). In each case, their abilities still need the skill, and they only can be here if they are slotted on bar 1 or 2, not on overload bar (because you can slot them on overload bar, summon them and de-slot overload).
    Oh, and I won't speak about shield duration on player on this post, but please… boost both duration and amount of shield on pets by a serious number. Thanks.

Like these suggestions, could even get on board for more 'wind' like elemental attacks for sorcerers. Just wish I hadn't seen stuff like this come up before in the past since I can guess which direction it'll go...
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another sorc issue needs addressing: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262425/velocious-curse-surge-heals

Edit: I've since been told by someone who has been actually been on the pts that curse and det now proc surge heals, which is great.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on April 27, 2016 10:01PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

On my Sorc with 3100 SD and 40K Magicka, Suppression Field does about 2100 magic damage every 0.5 seconds for 12 seconds, according to the tooltip. I actually killed a couple of AD players with it in the Imperial City... I don't think they knew what was happening, LOL.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 27, 2016 8:01PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing what you have done (and not done) with the Sorc, the only conclusion I can come to is that you do not know what you are doing.
    Then of course the question arises, why am I playing a class that is maintained by people who do not know what they are doing?

So, I can either:
    1) Join the lengthening list of utterly dissatisfied posters with the more than likely mythical hope that:
    a) the class changes will be reversed
    b) actual needed changes will be introduced
    or
    2) Park this latest wreckage for while and play my other game where the development team doesn't introduce class changes with a sledgehammer.

jwrkw63t338p.jpg
    Edited by Rakkul on April 27, 2016 8:04PM
    Options
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    I've also been guilty of sprouting breathless outrage since the release, but we should keep in mind that this is just the 2nd full day of PTS (out of what, 32?), we need to give ZOS time to evaluate feedback and statistics.
    Options
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    Rakkul wrote: »
    Seeing what you have done (and not done) with the Sorc, the only conclusion I can come to is that you do not know what you are doing.
    Then of course the question arises, why am I playing a class that is maintained by people who do not know what they are doing?

So, I can either:
    1) Join the lengthening list of utterly dissatisfied posters with the more than likely mythical hope that:
    a) the class changes will be reversed
    b) actual needed changes will be introduced
    or
    2) Park this latest wreckage for while and play my other game where the development team doesn't introduce class changes with a sledgehammer.

jwrkw63t338p.jpg

Agreed. I swear the eso team is run by a team of short bus riding window lickers. My Sorc tank build will die with this and I'll will be done. But hell I know they don't care, they've proven that time and time again.
    Options
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Aspi90 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that this has already written down by someone, but I don´t have time to read this complete thread =/

Stam Sorc. (Although it´s kinda a problem for mag sorcs too)
    I love playing my stam sorc cause I am not forced to use a 2h to get my major brutality. Crit Sruge is a nice skill and you can create a build around that. But with the new patch even more players will use shields. And when you are using crit surge, you are screwed. Non critable shields. (Not to mentioned all the other benefits you get using a shield)

For the love of my khajiit stam sorc, make all shields bigger (in pvp) but let them be critable. Or give at least a reason why they are not critable and why you choose to do so!

And a stamfrag would be nice o:)

No, you're not forced to use 2H for Major Brutality. You absolutely can use Critical Surge instead.

You're just forced to use 2H for stam spam and a gap closer (Unless you Flurry, and then...why use Crit Surge?)
    Options