Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Duration was never the problem with shield stacking in PVP, for starters I'd like to point out that shields were already nerfed in PVP by a whopping 50% damage reduction so they really can only absorb about 1 decent hit from any other class. And yes, combined with other shields this absorption can go up really high but only if you're built for it. Im less concerned about PVP because wards only lasted for like 6 seconds or less there any way-- the damage absorption is so low and everyone else hits so hard.

Definitely concerned for the future of Sorc PVE though:
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Reducing their duration from 20 seconds to (unbelievable!) 6 seconds will result in that sorcs will be using all their magicka for casting shields all the time just to be able to survive, while damaging enemies only with their staves (of course only from time to time between spamming shields). So overall, this change will affect (significantly reduce) the damage done by sorcs which will make sorcs the most useless class in each role: tank, healer and DD.Not to mention that such challenges like vMA will be simply impossible to beat for sorcs.

That is about the most accurate thing I've read.
    Options
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Almost the entire Daedric Summoning tree needs to be gutted imho. Pets are not reliable in any scenario, unless you make them unkillable (a walking dot and then...what's the point?).

Gut the tree, make it into something else. Like...frost or something. Frost would actually be kinda cool, considering Frost Staff and Ice Comet are only Frost damage skills in game.

And you can very feasibly make some STAMINA MORPHS out of ice. You can physically stab things with ice. Fire, shock...not so much.

Stam Sorc SERIOUSLY needs help.

Only class without a concrete gap closer (Why not change Ball of Lightning to stamina and zap TO A TARGET? You could even recycle your windy Hurricane graphic to do so. Does anybody even USE Ball of Lightning?!)

Absolutely zero options for stamina spam. We're forced to go into WB (status quo, clunky) or Flurry (clunkier, doesn't proc Surge). The options are bad or worse. Sword and Board has other options, but won't work well in PVE.

One of the morphs of Overload could easily be reconfigured to Physical damage, following your wind theme with Hurricane (which is cool btw, kudos on that)

You have over a month to add some more depth to Sorcerer (especially stam). Give us something to test!
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS! Here is my initial feedback.
    • Please give Stamina sorcs the Molag Kena / Captain Virindi Slave-Taker (boss from Hew's Mane) short range lightning melee attack (morph of crystal shard, 35% chance to proc on using any stamina based ability).
    • I (mostly) like the Negate Magic changes. From what I have been told, Suppression no longer gives Minor Protection and Absorption Major Expedition. I'm not sure why removing these buffs was deemed necessary.
    • I think it is telling many sorcerers are leery of the changes you have made to Dawnbreaker, a non-sorcerer skill. A magic based burst damage ultimate is a valuable tool and there should be some option to get one, either though class lines or weapon lines or something.
    • I don't think the answer to the shield issues that people were having was to give every class, both magicka and stam, access to what only sorcs had previously, a shield that scales off the highest stat that blocks all damage. Sorcerers who shield stacked will be more difficult to kill now, stamina builds will have access to strong shields in addition to efficient dodge-rolling, and you have basically homogenized defenses, something your combat lead was quite explicit was undesirable.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 26, 2016 2:50PM
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    This lightning armor business for stam sorcs is not 'fixing' stam sorc. The speed has been taken away. This is not a good open world skill for stam sorc, its good for dueling and PVE DPS really. Outside of that, youre chewing up your stam for a skill that has moderate damage now.

What defines stam sorc? Fighting stam DKs last night that can stack multiple poison dots and negating major defile with access to major mending. Stam sorcs passive you added (for 2% bonus damage per sorc skill [MAGICKA SKILLS AKA, things I dont really want on my bar) is outshined now by fighters guild skills on bar that do 3% and are actually good skills that are actually stamina based.

That "buff" you gave stam sorcs which was never really good has been completely negated by a fighters guild change that all stam classes get.

These things need to be weighed out - and nobody is really caring about stam sorc from the balance side. Please give more - it will be reiterated in the PTS feedback at dev meeting if no updates are provided.

This exactly. Stam Sorcs have absolutely nothing going for them that puts them on par with the other stam classes. They do not have any class abilities, and now thundering presence does not add speed, so really the magicka morph is still better. No stamina pets which would atleast be something to make them unique, no in class damage ability. They have nothing but weapon skills and dawnbreaker which every stam class has ON TOP of their class set ups. You kill my magicka pet sorc and now you keep my stam sorc dead in the water, make pets scale off of stam or magicka whichever is higher. Let our ward scale off of stam or magick whichever is higher (bonesheild is a thing so why not) and throw us some kind of dps bone.....
    Options
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHANGES ARE GREAT. Sorcerer is not a mini emporer now. 6 sec is great. Now all shields/wards are on par with eachother. Annulment change is amazing. Negate is useful now. Pet heals are OP. Power surge is steal a great heal. Overall mag sorc is still great. Stam sorc is still a fart in the wind
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
    Options
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if making Hurricane a gap closer in addition to buff/dot ticks would be OP? O.o

But seriously, I think Stam Sorc is the only class that is like...a blank canvas for Fighter's Guild and Weapon skills, and it's not a good thing.

My Stam sorc was set up with Crit Surge, Rending Slashes, Silver Leash, Bound Armaments, Flurry, and Flawless Dawnbreaker on PTS.

Like...seriously? I get some Weapon Damage from Sorc skills (less than Fighter's Guild, making Evil Hunter and it's passive crit look more enticing), and 20% Stamina/Health Recovery from slotting Bound Armaments.

Q_Q

^

Crit Surge actually needs to be replaced by Evil Hunter on that bar. It only gives me Major Brutality, which would do better on 2h/bow/sword and board. Heals are not applicable on any skill but Leash there.
    Edited by Spearblade on April 26, 2016 3:21PM
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »
    I wonder if making Hurricane a gap closer in addition to buff/dot ticks would be OP? O.o

But seriously, I think Stam Sorc is the only class that is like...a blank canvas for Fighter's Guild and Weapon skills, and it's not a good thing.

My Stam sorc was set up with Crit Surge, Rending Slashes, Silver Leash, Bound Armaments, Flurry, and Flawless Dawnbreaker on PTS.

Like...seriously? I get some Weapon Damage from Sorc skills (less than Fighter's Guild, making Evil Hunter and it's passive crit look more enticing), and 20% Stamina/Health Recovery from slotting Bound Armaments.

Q_Q

With how quick Wrobel was to write us off when Gina mentioned stam sorcs on eso live a while back I don't expect that to change..
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you complaining about the shield duration, in just about every instance you are being attacked in Cyrodill your Ward is going down in less than 6 seconds anyway.

The only difference is you aren't going to be "passively" running shields anymore meaning applying shields and mounting, or just standing around. You will be more susceptible to ganks without running defensive rune, radiant magelight, and will likely need to be more cognizant of nirnhoned gear/Hardy CP tree.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Bigpunn225 wrote: »
    I will say this sorcerers were in a really good spot the last couple of patches. I'm cool with lowering the shields time frame down, But 6secs is too low. 12secs would be a better time frame. Sorcs do not have great heals or a built in dodge chance so we have to rely on that ward to keep us alive. NB for example have a built in dodge chance in their skill tree, with other stam builds using shuffle for a dodge chance. Stam builds are getting a shield of their own this patch. Does anyone else not see the issue with this? So on top of a mean 20% dodge chance you have like a 7k ward with bone shield now, plus the ability to dodge roll multiple times. Magicka sorcerers do not the luxury of really dodge rolling attacks often we also don't have a dodge chance on top of a ward, like stam builds are going to have. So now stam builds will have multiple ways of mitigating a ton of dmg while your killing the only way a sorcerer can survive affectively in pvp and in solo pve. The sorcerer was really hurt offensively as well, by taking away dawnbreaker. This was by far the best instant dps ulti we had. The point im trying to make is this you are really hurting this class form two different angles this patch. This wasn't a small change this was a complete game changing move.

Magicka Sorcs have Bolt Escape...which allows them to kite and burst if needed....This is basically their form of dodge...

and you have access to decent enough heals..and the primary heal you guys use is the same one virtually every other Magicka Class uses...Healing Ward..so saying you lack heals is rather ***.

He said we have no good CLASS heal, compared to DK or Templar he's right. We have one decent class defense: Hardened ward, and that needs to go back to where it was. Prevent stacking it with harness magicka if you want, but we don't have the heals, reflect, cloak, or mitigation that other magicka classes have. So we got a 20 second shield, on top of 20K health, most of you do a fine job of eating into it quickly.

It needs to go back, do this right. Fix shield stacking, by adding major/minor SHIELD. Don't wreck or nerf shields. Why is that so hard for ZOS?

There's absolutely NO reason to run Hardened ward over Harness Magicka due to the magic return and the equal size and duration. So our best class defense gets replaced by an arguably better ability that's available to everyone, and there's no bonus for using our class skill (2% damge increase? No. GFY). ZOS, who the hell's stupid idea is this?

You have access to surge and a passive in your line that gives you fairly decent heals in combat plus you have access to healing ward; again claiming you don't have access to heals is a load of *** cause every single magicka sorc runs restro staff because healing ward stacks so well with hardened... It's like saying you don't have access to a charge ability as a stamina user which you clearly do as a sorc in the form of crit charge or shield charge.

And bolt escape is a form of mitigation no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

As for having no reason to run hardened; it procs crystal fragments insta proc; you'd be insane not to use it over harness magicka.

You clearly know a lot about sorcs... all magicka skills can proc crystal fragments. I'm guessing you're talking about blood magic when you say fairly decent heals in combat from a passive? loooolz. 4% max HP in Cyrodiil.

I personally do not think we got nerfed that bad, just looks worse in light of buffs to other classes and stamina. But you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    error
    Edited by olsborg on April 26, 2016 4:00PM

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina

Could you please pass along this idea to the team:

Stam Sorc have been wanting a bone thrown to them for quite awhile. I understand the hesitancy of changing Crystal Bast to an stam morph instant cast melee DPS skill, in fact i agree that doing that may make the class OP. I do however have a reasonable alternative.

1. Make the Increased Pet Damage of Daedric Prey part of the base Daedric Curse skill.
    2. Make Daedric Prey a Stam Morph that deals either Physical or Poison Damage after 6 seconds.

this will encourage Stam Sorcs to use sets such as the Hunt Sets you releases earlier. This will also give Stam Sorcs a reason to slot something besides bound armor, and last its a "small boost" to Stam Sorc...its nothing drastic thats going to tip any balances, but its just a little something for them. This also has no effect on Magic Sorcs at all and doesn't ruin anything for their build.

This is the best possible change you could make for Stam Sorc's without tipping the balance. It gives Stam Sorc's a unique delayed damage ability, a good reason to use a class skill, maybe encourage to use a pet here and there, without making them OP

I hope you folks would consider it. Stam Sorc really needs a little bit of something, and this would make a lot of sense for them while being pretty balanced.

This works for me. Literally anything works for me because it has been way too long that stam sorcs have been asking for something, anything, and ZOS keeps saying, "We hear you and will address your concerns in the next update." Over a year later, with multiple updates come and gone, and what major changes have they made to the stam sorc (in particular PVP) ?

Daedric Protection is probably the best buff and that's pretty sad. It's tough to get a Daedric Summoning skill on your bar as a stam sorc in PVP. Bound Armaments just doesn't fit in any PVP build I can play so I usually resort to slotting Atro. Our passive that gives us weapon power for sorc skills just got superseded by the fighter guild's passive granting more weapon power. Thundering Presence has always been the wrong choice for our stamina scaling class dmg. It's a buff skill and it's boring and the magicka morph is better, especially now that you removed the move speed buff completely from the stam version. Overload damage scaling from Stam + Weapon if higher is also a crap "buff" because it still scales from the wrong CP. I don't understand why ZOS can't do what they did to Burning Light passive to many other skills in the game.
    [*]Burning Light: This passive ability now deals Physical Damage or Magic Damage, based on whether your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage is higher respectively.

ZOS specifically said that Dark Brotherhood was THE STAMINA CLASS UPDATE. There have been so many community suggestions for ZOS to fix stam sorcs and they choose not to listen. Just because at this point I feel the Crystal Blast change is not going to happen, let's go with what @RinaldoGandolphi suggested and give all versions of Daedric Curse the increased pet damage and make Daedric Prey into a stam scaling skill that does poison dmg. Maybe upgrade the pet AI and make the clannfear scale from stamina and we can viably fit the only stam sorc vision I see from ZOS, with the medium armor pet set they introduced and upgrading Expert Summoner.

Edited by Erock25 on April 26, 2016 4:14PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 seconds is quite an excessive nerf for the same cost you could have tried 15 seconds or ten? Now to get the same effect I will need to cast three times with the same magic pool. Makes no sense to me. Also it will now be more expensive to block and break free. I only have enough Stam for two dodge rolls or a break free and dodge roll now. What will it be like in DB. You are just making it harder to play a sorc not more challenging or rewarding... just harder. I leveled many toons. I stopped playing my Templar for many months to play my sorc. Now it seems I will stop playing my sorc. All this talk about balance but no buffs just nerfs... Not really any balance. Well at least we know who will rule cyrodil.... Night blades. Glad we know that and put that theoretical match up to bed.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the answer to the shield issues that people were having was to give every class, both magicka and stam, access to what only sorcs had previously, a shield that scales off the highest stat that blocks all damage. Sorcerers who shield stacked will be more difficult to kill now, stamina builds will have access to strong shields in addition to efficient dodge-rolling, and you have basically homogenized defenses, something your combat lead was quite explicit was undesirable.

This, my main issue is how the shieldmeta basicly made pvp worse then it should be, now its only gonna get worse, even if shields duration are much lower. I dont understand this decision, why make it worse

Edited by olsborg on April 26, 2016 4:00PM

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc got rekt, pvp haters will rejoice, only until they shift their hate toward the next build that doesn't die fast enough for them... then that new build will get nerfed... Cycle of life

Meanwhile, in PvE world, completing VMA just got harder, Vet raid just got harder..... PvP saw no real improvement.....
    Options
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    6 seconds is quite an excessive nerf for the same cost you could have tried 15 seconds or ten? Now to get the same effect I will need to cast three times with the same magic pool. Makes no sense to me. Also it will now be more expensive to block and break free. I only have enough Stam for two dodge rolls or a break free and dodge roll now. What will it be like in DB. You are just making it harder to play a sorc not more challenging or rewarding... just harder. I leveled many toons. I stopped playing my Templar for many months to play my sorc. Now it seems I will stop playing my sorc. All this talk about balance but no buffs just nerfs... Not really any balance. Well at least we know who will rule cyrodil.... Night blades. Glad we know that and put that theoretical match up to bed.

Seriously. Just reiterating what everyone else has already set, but now stamina classes have at their disposal, in comparison to magicka classes:

- Strong class independent heal (vigor, rally if you 2h)
    - Class independent evasion (shuffle)
    - Ward equivalent
    - Larger stam pool to roll/block/break free, to deal with increased costs.

As magicka classes:

- mag dk - 2 of the above (that's if you're counting embers as a strong heal...questionable.)
    - mag nb - 3 of the above (counting funnel as a strong heal, but it's not as bursty as vigor.)
    - mag temp - 2 of the above
    - mag sorc - 1 of the above

Balance!
    Edited by dagonbeer on April 26, 2016 4:14PM
    Options
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    gg ZOS, thanks for ignoring stam sorc again. I was hoping that DB was the time to come back but I guess I'll just go cancel my sub
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    So... magicka sorcs still have no functioning heal and our escape is still nerfed into uselessness. Now we also not only get our primary defense massively nerfed (with no reduction in cost), but also every other class and type out there gets the matching equivalent of our formerly class defining ability.

Who on earth thought this was a reasonable exchange? If you nerf Ward this bad you have to give us something back to work with. Get rid of the escalating streak cost, maybe.

Well if it makes you feel any better, they gave sorcs the Templar class defining ability and then nerfed the Templar version. Twice, with no reduction in cost. So it isnt just sorcs.

I guess they did give Templars lazer beams of death. And the heal is on your pet... So... Im sorry?

Oh, my Templar healer is not unhappy at all. My only problem is trying to keep up with a group running rapids while healing, and if I get too far behind I'll get focused down even by players who don't target healers. Now I get Harness Magicka as a physical damage shield? B)

Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    My main, that I have played since launch, is a magicka Sorcerer. I strongly empathize with the plight of stamina Sorcerers, but my feedback will be focused on magicka. Here is my advice:

1. Reconsider nerfing the duration of Hardened Ward.
    2. Consider making pets a long-duration skill instead of a toggle that takes up two skill slots.
    3. Boost Sorcerer DPS to bring it in line with other classes (like Magicka NB).

I understand ZOS is concerned with the abuse of shields in PvP, but didn't they already nerf their size in Cyrodiil? Please be mindful of the effects of these nerfs on PvE as well. Reducing the duration of Hardened Ward to 6sec is really untenable for so many of us. As someone else pointed out above, Hardened Ward is really the health of so many Sorcerers. We need it to survive in PvE. If you make it last only 6 sec, it will result in a huge drain on our DPS as well, as we'll be losing time and magicka to keep casting it. And no, Hardened Ward is not the sort of skill we can use just "when needed", it's the skill that keeps us from getting one-shotted, so it's nice to be able to keep it up. And the fact that Annulment is now just a replica of Hardened Ward makes Hardened Ward absolutely pointless and it makes Sorcerers less unique (which means less useful).

I understand you are trying to convince more Sorcerers to use pets and I recognize you have made some great changes to pets so far. But by nerfing Hardened Ward like this you are making pets even less useful, because Hardened Ward is necessary to keep pets alive. Besides, you are not addressing the two main problem of pets: the fact that they are a toggle which occupies two skill slots instead of one (considering that maximizing DPS also requires Sorceres to already use two slots for Inner Light and two slots for Bound Aegis). Do you really want to make pets viable in the end game? Make them a timed skill so that we can equip them on just one bar instead of having to keep them on both of them. And adjust the casting time in line with the duration of the skill (if the pet lasts something like 20 or 30 seconds, for example, make their summoning an instant cast).

In terms of DPS, there are absolutely no improvements to Sorcerers, which are still the most underperforming class. The only way for Sorcerers to DPS is through Overload, and other classes are able to outperform Sorcerers even while we are using Overload.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember last PTS the nb's all cried about the magelight/ cloak buff/nerf and got the duration changed in their favour, by about 50%, so by my reckoning... 10s conjured ward please
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I post my true opinion, I'll probably get banned.

Why should people have to wait and wait for updates to play a Stam sorc while you're still quite happy to take the money off them every month? *** you zos.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah 10s shields is fair.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I don't like what you're trying to do to sorcs, I don't want to play a *** summoner and now the ability (hardened ward) that like others said, made this class what it is has been replicated for everyone
    Options
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, I don't want to settle for 10s shield when it doesn't solve any real problems. It's mostly a convenience factor, frankly anything with a reduced duration makes it more of a pain to play.

IMO:

Ward - was fine as it was. Sorc's defining (and only) defense.
    Igneous - was fine as it was. Used partly for mending, stam recovery.
    Sun shield - should be increased to 20s.

Annulment - one morph blocks only magicka attacks, 20s. Other morph blocks everything, but make it very situational, 5s.
    Bone shield - one morph blocks only phys attacks, 20s. Other morph blocks everything, but make it very situational, 5s.

Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    I think ZOS just gave the Sorcerer class altogether the thumbs down for this upcoming DLC.

After trying different builds to include the pet healing build on the pts. I am just thankful for this warning of sad things to come I can now prepare by leveling up a Stam DK, getting rid of my 2nd sorc what a waste of gold and the character slot, and put a Stamblade in that slot. Sorcs are now once again either free kills or crap tier'ed dps pick your poison with these changes as is. We will just either get one shotted or fall far behind in dps to the point where we was before the first sorc buff and we was being excluded by the community from doing trails because the class it self was beyond undertuned.

LALALALA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYE my magicka sorcerers, it was nice knowing yall.

5:39AM
    Insightful Agree Awesome Quote Report

Home Forums Public Test Server

how ? the shields are even bigger now? if you get sooo little damage that your shields aren't down in 6 secs anyway you have easily enough time to reapply them. remember you have access to way higher shields now

It´s a huge drawback for pve (maelstrom arena specifically for sorcs). Will be really hard to compensate for the duration loss there - especially with how tight magica management can be.

It´s a buff for gankers as it´s now no longer practical to have shields up while traveling - makes no sense for me.

It has hardly any effect for infight combat of sorcerers BUT everyone now has a shield of the same potency as sorcs have one as their main class defense.
    When comparing defensive tools sorc now has the least potent setup out of every class.
    Dampen + Reflect + embers/breath/whip heals.
    Funnel (even though nerfed) + dampen
    Dampen + breath of life (lol).

I´d argue all of those provide better (or more well rounded) defense than having hardened + dampen.

i disagree.
    i play all those classes and they suffer from numerous drawbacks and situational disadvantages sorc defense is not suffering from. on templar it is healing debuff the same goes for nightblade (although i count cloak as a defensive ability) on dk is is close range melee enemies and healing debuff again. all those classes suffered from a major burst nerf .sorcs have a lot of secondary defenses too going from streak over mines to the trap whatever it is called. we both know that winning often depends on the time you can go into offence without going defense again.while i think duels will be more dominated by dks and nbs (both stamina now) i think that has more to do with their huge buffs. duels over all could suffer tho and become endless. i agree in that regard.
    no idea for pve sorcs were silly in maelstrom i guess they must reset the score board.
    perhaps some sorcs will have to adapt their playstyle and include higher damage compared to endless sustain . that we could perform that well and kill that good in seducer seemed strange to me anyway...

Just a quick question, how are you supposed to apply healing debuff as a magicka sorc? (Unless your weapons are enchanted with disease damage, and on the off-chance that it procs the enchantment).
    Sorcs are just losing a major source of damage & burst with the Dawnbreaker change, and right now, if those changes go live, I really fail to see how I will kill people without my Dawnbreaker + curse + deto combo and survive at the same time. Of course, you can win fights without a burst, but applying constant pressure is rendered far more difficult now that you have to swap bars every 6 seconds or less (and please keep in mind that people have lag and huge latencies in PVP), and that everyone has a shield.
    With every other class getting a shield + their class respective passives/bonuses, and many sorcs losing their best source of damage, it pretty much just encourages to spam Overload (which is a very sad way to play imo) if they want to go offensive.
    Also keep in mind that against dks, Overload is useless, and I am seriously wondering how I am supposed to duel or play against dks right now without Dawnbreaker. (curse + lightning heavy attacks + mages' wrath + really nerfed proxy only? that's cute)
    Regarding the trap issue, it is honestly easily avoidable. First of, trap is going to do physical damage now, so it will be a bit silly to keep using it, which leaves sorcs with rune + mines (if you have space to slot them. I personally slot all 3 on my overload bar when I'm outnumbered and hide behind a tree in hopes to kill some pugs). Assuming that with those changes, you feel forced to mine camp in every situation, I still fail to see how it will be effective. People have distance skills after all. Last time I tried to put up mines against 4 people, I got killed by radiant + flying blade + snipe + silver shards. Also, they can just spam shields too now against any damage you try to put out.
    As for the escape, well streak is still nerfed, which is not surprising, nor does it need to be changed, but its effectiveness is relative in a situational context. Seriously, I have seen far more sorcs getting ambushed, crit rushed, charged, or otherwise snared while they were trying to flee, and get rekt easily enough (considering you cannot spam streak and not run out of magicka soon enough), than nbs getting pulled out of cloak by dots.

Or are those changes just a discrete and refined nudge for sorcs to go play a support class in a group with their twilight heal and negate?
    But yeah RIP my solo adventures a magicka sorc for now, I'll go play with pets and purple bubbles and be happy.

Please dont take that personal, but do people really expect that by now - to kill the opponent in one combo and everything else is "unplayable"? MagSorc is able to dish out so much damage at the moment that the good ones realized they dont need mcuh magicka & spell dmg, because the standard combos have so much damage potential, in a burst meta were everyone else is stacking into max damage.

MagSorc is so overtuned, are you really complaining about losing dawnbreaker when still having so many tools at hand, you have another guild skill line completely devoted to magicka, can benefit from every skill in the trees... MagSorcs are able to finish off opponents in one combo, despite being able to enhance their hp bar every freaking second by around 10k+ - every second. That`s not balance. And you know what, you can still do that, you just cant go full offense mode anymore - which is good.

In such an overtuned meta buffing the other classes en par to the top dogs is NOT the way to go, despite it being a popular internet phrase being thrown around by people who refuse to think by themselves. I don´t want to play a shooter, sorry mate.

Do you remember how tactical fights were when softcaps were in place, how much ressource management was involved? That`s a skill component that is completely gone, we got more damage for no effort instead (cp, softcap removal, prox det, vd, and so on) - way to dumb down a game to enable even the scrubbiest noob to get kills.

Nah, I really cant agree here.

Edited by Mojomonkeyman on April 26, 2016 5:33PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    More sorc feedback:

Checked out the values for Dampen magic, and with 7/7 light armor, Dampen magic has the same value as Hardened Ward. With 5/1/1 it's slightly less. Magicka harness is significantly less, but has sustain of course. Please redesign Ward, as Dampen provides all the benefits of Ward. Or add some functionality to it like I suggested earlier in the thread (snare/root removal or whatever)

PLEASE stop attaching core functionality to pets. The pet controls/UI sucks. Also, the Ward nerf makes pets worthless in places where there is high damage. The twilight remains a headache inducing annoyance, no matter what it can do. Gigantic wings flapping across 1/2 of the screen when passive

Negate changes look good. It's a worthwhile Ult again.

Thundering presence... Lost the move speed buff? Worthless. Kept the move speed buff? I'll never get the bonus damage because ill be recasting it for speed to often. Still worthless compared to boundless storm.

Det changes are much needed.

Please make Surge proc on crit DoTs. The reason why we wanted it to not proc on DoTs was the .25 second cooldown on surge and AE DoTs that pulsed every .5 seconds. Now that the cooldown is .1 seconds and AE DoT are 1 second pulse, it's no longer needed. This will be a nice buff for stam sorcs, as surge could proc from the new flurry and DW will be usable. Might even make thundering worthwhile.

None of these changes look like they will increase PvE DPS. So the future of that looks pretty terrible.

Why no change to the armor toggle? As in making it not a toggle. As in adding an active effect to the ability when it is toggled on (lightning whip, etc)? It could easily be made into something more useful, rather than just a double slot buff

Stam sorcs specifically:

Add at least 2 stam morphs for regular ACTIVE abilities, and at least one stam based Ult morph. Overload send to be the only choice. You've had 6 months of feedback, pick something that makes sense
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs weren't buffed, lol. Stacking two six second shields is redundant, stupid, allows for practically zero DPS, and will run you out of magicka extremely quickly.

Sure you can stand there and stack, much like a Templar can stand there and spam BoL. The difference being the stacker will shortly run out of magicka and die while the Templar can do it practically forever.

In both cases, neither of them are a threat to anyone but themselves.

Magicka Templars, Dragon Knights, and Nightblades now effectively have Conjured Ward on top of BoL, Cloak, and Wings. Sorcs have nothing but Hardened Ward for the above stated reasons. The stacking meta is over. Believe it.

Actually, stamina classes now have Conjured Ward too, on top of Vigor, Rally, Block, Dodge Roll, and Shuffle.

Keep all shields @6 second duration. Increase Sorc ward to 10 seconds. Anyone complaining about sorc now is mentally challenged.
    Options
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    To all of you complaining about the shield duration, in just about every instance you are being attacked in Cyrodill your Ward is going down in less than 6 seconds anyway.

The only difference is you aren't going to be "passively" running shields anymore meaning applying shields and mounting, or just standing around. You will be more susceptible to ganks without running defensive rune, radiant magelight, and will likely need to be more cognizant of nirnhoned gear/Hardy CP tree.

not everyone who has complained pvp's. these are pvp nerfs that are going to decimate this class entirely in pve.
    Options
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Sorc got rekt, pvp haters will rejoice, only until they shift their hate toward the next build that doesn't die fast enough for them... then that new build will get nerfed... Cycle of life

Meanwhile, in PvE world, completing VMA just got harder, Vet raid just got harder..... PvP saw no real improvement.....

Very well said.
    Options
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should leave shields as they are, but make them crit-able. And see how it goes, would balance for pvp without gimping then in pve.
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me spell this change out for anyone who is too stupid to understand it. Get your notebook out, you ready? Here is the new sorc killing meta:

Sorc casts ward. Play defensively for 5 seconds. CC > Burst > Dead Sorc.

Sorcs do not have cloak, Sorcs do not have BoL, Sorcs do not have wings, vigor, rally, shuffle, block or dodge roll, but now EVERYONE has conjured ward to back those abilities up.

Sorc should have the longest lasting shield. I would be happy with 10 seconds.

Edited by Xeven on April 26, 2016 6:29PM
    Options