Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we have some of our garbage skills taken a look at? Why was it Wards first? When's the last time Rune Prison and Encase came up in conversation? Can we consider making the insta-proc on Frags baseline so that the other morph is free to do something viable? Why are pets still so underwhelming? Why do we have so many friggin toggle skills? I feel like nerfing wards should have been a "you don't need this anymore" move instead of a "YOU DON'T GET THIS ANYMORE"
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I feel, and It may seems Strange that two of the worst issue a sorc has are:

The two ability they need to have on their bar at all time to gather a competitive amount of mana (bound armor + magelight) which leave them with so little room to get aoe and hold a good dps if they also have to deal with buff and sometime shield.

Also the fact that animation on liquid lighting is not really working properly, this skill often don't work and most of the time you have to wait in order to be able to activate it, not as fluid as scorshed earth is.

Also the fact that tri-focus is not a good dps skil to work with as a Sorc unless you take the cheaty side of thing and use Nerieneth for constant dps.

So, I would kind of agree on some of those changes, the 8% bonus to magika would be nice if it could be optain some other way. Tri-focus would be nice if it could be only one burst domage but actually deals a bit more damage (could work with our lighting domage bonus as well)

and Finally Liquid lighting could use a animation check so it could be easier to apply.

Lastly I do understand about our ultimate and actually make it procs from 25% pourcent on one morph which gives magika back and 20% on the one that splash would be good.(no longer a splash ulti by default)

About Crystal Frag, I'm not against @StopDropAndBear proposition, it's true that this skill don't always proc as often as % suppose. We can make it stronger, but it no longer apply a knockdown by default, one morph do group domage while the other apply a knockdown
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    As for having no reason to run hardened; it procs crystal fragments insta proc; you'd be insane not to use it over harness magicka.

Unless this was changed in PTS, any magicka skill procs insta cast frags. I literally just logged into live, put harness magicka on my build and the first cast of harnessed brought up the insta cast. I also regularly proc it with many other non sorc magicka abilities. You are just wrong here.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have the bottom of the barrel DPS even with OL. This change to our shields needs to come with some other changes. You are taking away trapping webs so now we are 100% forced into destro staves. You took away shields so really forced into resto staves, unless running with a good healer which not many are everyone wants to only dps. We need a spammable ability in class for diversity sake, we need some sort of life steal ability to help us heal through damage like every other class, crit surge doesn't work, you have a cool down on it aswell so it's really lackluster. Our execute procs at 20% -25% for the little options we have that should be proccing at 50%. We also need some kind of single target dot in class not ground placed dots. You have taken away the one tool that made this horribly broken class feasible. Also the 8% health for pet should be if we have one on our bar not have one out, they die so very easily and now they will not be getting warded as often so that 8% needs to be if slotted, and honestly speaking they should not take up 2 bars give us some space to work please. Just you don't have access to the pet ability not desummon them, and they stay until they die. Throw us a bone, cause you just reached in and Tore out our ribs....
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am a pet Sorc you hit us hard this patch and boasted the OL shield stacking sorc that everyone complains about. But here are some suggestions.

Let the shields last 20 seconds on our pets or give them alot more health and resistances. Alot more they don't know not to stand in red.

Really please do make pets only need to be on one bar and the health bonus be for if one is slotted per bar ofcourse. So we would change bar to access the ability so we can choose to have our healing peg be on our buff bar and what not. They would just be cast and only go away when killed. No time limit as that would destroy their usefulness. We really badly need the space on our bars we do not have wards so we need to slot other defensive and offensive abilie WE REALLY NEED THE ROOM. Please help pet Sorcs.

The twilight tormentor is very underwhelming as well, make its ability that it casts a single target shot 3 times like the other pet does an AOE three times and it suns or roots on the last strike, a root would be better much more useful if both are used in tandem. That way we have options on which pets to use.

Finally let pets go off of Max stat for Stam Sorcs.
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am a pet Sorc you hit us hard this patch and boasted the OL shield stacking sorc that everyone complains about. But here are some suggestions.

Let the shields last 20 seconds on our pets or give them alot more health and resistances. Alot more they don't know not to stand in red.

Really please do make pets only need to be on one bar and the health bonus be for if one is slotted per bar ofcourse. So we would change bar to access the ability so we can choose to have our healing peg be on our buff bar and what not. They would just be cast and only go away when killed. No time limit as that would destroy their usefulness. We really badly need the space on our bars we do not have wards so we need to slot other defensive and offensive abilie WE REALLY NEED THE ROOM. Please help pet Sorcs.

The twilight tormentor is very underwhelming as well, make its ability that it casts a single target shot 3 times like the other pet does an AOE three times and it suns or roots on the last strike, a root would be better much more useful if both are used in tandem. That way we have options on which pets to use.

Pets are still gonna be ok even with the 6 sec duration because u can no matter what, every time u shield up, they shield up too.
    As for making pets VIABLE for STAM sorcs.... i never understood why clanfear did physical damage, yet costs Magicka. Remove Clanfear, throw in Conjure Dremora, make it cost stam. Imagine that. :/
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are still gonna be ok even with the 6 sec duration because u can no matter what, every time u shield up, they shield up too.
    As for making pets VIABLE for STAM sorcs.... i never understood why clanfear did physical damage, yet costs Magicka. Remove Clanfear, throw in Conjure Dremora, make it cost stam. Imagine that. :/

In pve, you don't need to recast your shield every 6 second so often. Now, you need to.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Honestly the 20 second shield on them would be at the bottom of my wish list, but making them not have to take up all those slots would be a huge help and making the twilight tormentor do a targeted attack similar to the AOE of the other pet would allow us to have alot of diversity a form of in class targeted attack and give us space to to slot other forms of defense that we will NEED now.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my friend suggested a very good idea who could improve sorcerer dps (bot stamina and magicka) without destroying the pvp. We know that with the new Fighter's guild change, expert mage passive is weak. I suggested to boost the weapon power it give, but why not adding a third boost on this passive instead ? A increase to critical damage (like 5% per sorc ability slotted).
    It would really fit the "critical" way of a sorc (surge), and with the number of impen and shield the pvp have and will have with DB dlc, it won't be game breaking. And it pve, it give a so needed real huge boost to our dps.
    Options
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't we have some of our garbage skills taken a look at? Why was it Wards first? When's the last time Rune Prison and Encase came up in conversation? Can we consider making the insta-proc on Frags baseline so that the other morph is free to do something viable? Why are pets still so underwhelming? Why do we have so many friggin toggle skills? I feel like nerfing wards should have been a "you don't need this anymore" move instead of a "YOU DON'T GET THIS ANYMORE"

I like what you say and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With these changes...and over a year invested. I just gotta ask myself 1 question... do I stay around for this? I already unsubbed and am not re subbing till this issue gets addressed. REally it yanks the heart out of me. I love this game, but im not going to force myself to play something that just isn't bringing me any joy. Many people in my other guilds feel the exact same way. Anyway imma go play something else and keep checking back up on the game to see if anything changes.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rune prison is an awesome skill.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    With these changes...and over a year invested. I just gotta ask myself 1 question... do I stay around for this? I already unsubbed and am not re subbing till this issue gets addressed. REally it yanks the heart out of me. I love this game, but im not going to force myself to play something that just isn't bringing me any joy. Many people in my other guilds feel the exact same way. Anyway imma go play something else and keep checking back up on the game to see if anything changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This really is how this has me feeling. You guttes the Sorcs defense and gave a better version to everyone else, and the only thing we get is an OK ultimate. Give us something, but me and so many people I know are just fed up and looking elsewhere becuase every patch you destroy something and completely change the game it's not healthy. Give us some feedback.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This really is how this has me feeling. You guttes the Sorcs defense and gave a better version to everyone else, and the only thing we get is an OK ultimate. Give us something, but me and so many people I know are just fed up and looking elsewhere becuase every patch you destroy something and completely change the game it's not healthy. Give us some feedback.

i play alot of mmo's, and ESO is the only one that changes skills so drastically nearly every major update. There are so many Fix's for pvp out there than make more sense than the band aid fixes that have been coming out, Band-aids do not fix a broken leg, or a severed leg for that matter. I would honestly rather a true and honest fix come out, even if it takes a year to properly code and pay for, than the bull we are getting now

personally, I still say they need to just put balancing on the backburner or abandon it completly, because it is a unwinnable battle, focus on content, not balance.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I agree with the above. Cancelled too. I'm for change, but I didn't sign up for street-fighter online button mashing.

Make the shields critable. Make them non-stackable. Whatever, neither of those changes would affect PVE, because you don't DO those in PVE.

Edited by Minalan on April 28, 2016 10:44PM
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I agree with the above. Cancelled too. I'm for change, but I didn't sign up for street-fighter online button mashing.

Make the shields critable. Make them non-stackable. Whatever, neither of those changes would affect PVE, because you don't DO those in PVE.

Next patch learn the 10 hit combos! but for now learn ..

HADOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

6sec Hardened Ward + Z-Motion + Punch / Forward, Down, Forward + Punch + Hardened Ward

After reading all of the posts honestly what else can be said ...

1) PVP got more screwed up... wait till you try fighting NB , temps or DK , with new shields....
    2) R.I.P my pets , lack of health and shield now they are useless even more then before
    3) PVE players got screwed over PVP Whingers ( as apparently that is all that everybody dose PVP right?....)

i honestly love this game and playing every night for 4 hr i got my friends to buy xbox one just so we can all play this game and as most of them are mages back to square one...

We shall see what happens hopefully the changes will not pass and there will be some adjustment but the way things are .. not looking good.

I for one will not give up and will try to salvage whats left of nerferd mage however if that is not possible well then Stamblade or Magtemp.

and please try to refrain from saying "L2P , real mages can use 6 sec shields ect ect " good for you, you are top player im sure 90% of players just like to enjoy the game to PVE and finish dungeons with friends and with guilds socialize and have fun and as per other peoples posts there are many things missing from mages to begin with, and now with nerf its really bad...

Edited by ForsakenSin on April 28, 2016 11:06PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Next patch learn the 10 hit combos! but for now learn ..

HADOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

6sec Hardened Ward + Z-Motion + Punch / Forward, Down, Forward + Punch + Hardened Ward

After reading all of the posts honestly what else can be said ...

1) PVP got more screwed up... wait till you try fighting NB , temps or DK , with new shields....
    2) R.I.P my pets , lack of health and shield now they are useless even more then before
    3) PVE players got screwed over PVP Whingers ( as apparently that is all that everybody dose PVP right?....)

i honestly love this game and playing every night for 4 hr i got my friends to buy xbox one just so we can all play this game and as most of them are mages back to square one...

We shall see what happens hopefully the changes will not pass and there will be some adjustment but the way things are .. not looking good.

I for one will not give up and will try to salvage whats left of nerferd mage however if that is not possible well then Stamblade or Magtemp.

and please try to refrain from saying "L2P , real mages can use 6 sec shields ect ect " good for you, you are top player im sure 90% of players just like to enjoy the game to PVE and finish dungeons with friends and with guilds socialize and have fun and as per other peoples posts there are many things missing from mages to begin with, and now with nerf its really bad...

this guy, he gets it.

this whole ordeal has taken years off my life due to the unadulterated rage it has caused
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish this game had weapon combos, how awesome would that be? It would add more functions available to us too. Just copy how DCUO does it. Set that aside though. A lot of you guys are looking at this negatively, and I get it, but there is a lot to like about the Sorc class. I've given my suggestions on what I think would be awesome for the class, and it looks like a lot of you agree. On the issue of shields I actually think putting them all at 10 seconds, and base their magnitude on health of target (not costs) and get rid of battle spirit for shields would be awesome. I'd like to see the same #'s in pvp and pve. Its not that hard, I've seen it done in other games, but the game generally has to be balanced to PVP first. The rest of my suggestions a lot of you guys agree on it looks like, like Surge. I think it was smart for them to try to balance shields with one another though, or they're never going to get parity between the classes.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The super easy addition of a skill for both magicka and stamina is to add an activated spamable attack ability to bound armaments/aegis. Balance the buff down a bit if necessary, adjust cost, etc. All the stuff you do when designing a skill.

The twilight got an activated heal, give armaments an activated attack. Physical for armaments, magicka for aegis
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like 6 seconds is rough, but I can get over that eventually.

BUT how are you going to justify giving every class, stamina and magicka hardened Ward?

You're giving us less and less reasons to stay with this class. Bolt escape can't be used to escape, power surge isn't a reliable heal, our biggest PvP burst option frags can be dodged sooooo easily, and our only reliable class heal is through Pets which we can't afford to lose another 2 slots so virtually no one uses.

Wards were our bread and butter, our diversity, or uniqueness.

If you are going to give out that "Class" ability to everyone then please add stealthing, a large instant cast heal, and a real version of wings to non weapon set skill lines. Otherwise please readdress giving every build a hardened Ward.
    Options
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    I think like a lot of people was quite disappointed with the lack of morphs and additions to the Stamina Sorcerer!
    I'd love to see more options for it, the change to the Lightning Form to Hurricane is quite cool, but it does feel rather lacklustre. Also, why is the speed buff removed from an ability named 'Hurricane' removed? Seems rather strange,
    as Hurricanes move fast.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »
    I think like a lot of people was quite disappointed with the lack of morphs and additions to the Stamina Sorcerer!
    I'd love to see more options for it, the change to the Lightning Form to Hurricane is quite cool, but it does feel rather lacklustre. Also, why is the speed buff removed from an ability named 'Hurricane' removed? Seems rather strange,
    as Hurricanes move fast.

Just created a thread on the PTS boards to pool all of the stamina sorcerer suggestions in one place

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262927/serious-stamina-sorcerer-thread-one-last-attempt-to-reach-the-development-team

As everyone else has said. The hurricane skill trades much needed utility for a meager amount of damage. Having the damage increase over time is terrible on a dot where you have to be near your target to be effective. This skill needs to go back to being magicka based utility.
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    as Hurricanes move fast.

5 seconds of Major Expedition, that's from the initial cast until it expands the first time. I don't think that's unreasonable.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armann wrote: »
    as Hurricanes move fast.

5 seconds of Major Expedition, that's from the initial cast until it expands the first time. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Major Expedition was removed from Hurricane.
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    as Hurricanes move fast.

Yeah I know, so I'm asking them to bring it back for the first 5 seconds until the Hurricane expands.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    as Hurricanes move fast.

Yep, completely, which inhibits mobility for pvp and pve.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly speaking, what does a magick Sorc have over any of the other classes in PvP now? With everyone having our ward what do we have that puts us over ANYONE of the other classes? Frags? DAEDRIC prey? Nothing we legitimately have nothing that would gives us an edge. There really is absolutely no reason to play this class over any other class. We have the least amount of damage and the least survivability. I honestly would like to know WHAT do we have. NOTHING!

Magicka Sorcs now join stamina Sorcs as the crappiest class, we are the worst magicka and stamina class now. Not just the duration killing but add to it the fact that all those other classes with their mitigation now have our shields.
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    With the changes to shields. Conjured Ward lost it's uniqueness. Annulment morphs pretty much mimics our ward in purpose except that it doesn't shield pets. If Daedric Prey was a stam morph they could move the pet damage increase back to Empowered Ward again. Please do something to make Conjured Ward stand out from Annulment.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiighers guild: 3% wpn dmg per ability slotted....

Sorc Passive: 2% wpn dmg per ability slotted......GG

Except the ultimate, none of them are really worth using right now. Camo hunter change makes it useless.
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly speaking, what does a magick Sorc have over any of the other classes in PvP now? With everyone having our ward what do we have that puts us over ANYONE of the other classes? Frags? DAEDRIC prey? Nothing we legitimately have nothing that would gives us an edge. There really is absolutely no reason to play this class over any other class. We have the least amount of damage and the least survivability. I honestly would like to know WHAT do we have. NOTHING!

Magicka Sorcs now join stamina Sorcs as the crappiest class, we are the worst magicka and stamina class now. Not just the duration killing but add to it the fact that all those other classes with their mitigation now have our shields.

The best ranged burst in the game (including a ranged wrecking blow that can be insta cast), the highest possible shield values, a 10k a click ultimate, a 3rd utility bar- and most importantly- one of the all around best skills in the game for offense, defense, and mobility in streak.

It honestly sounds like you don't even know the class or its strengths too well.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options