The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Show off your Bretons

adriant1978
adriant1978
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There seems to be one of these threads for just about every other race, but I couldn't find anything for the people of High Rock, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

A loose mash-up of the Mythic Dawn and Melisandre from Game of Thrones, my Dagonite cultist Dawn's Flame seeks to influence High King Emeric as his very own Red Woman. As an mDK she can naturally speak fire. Hopefully Queen Maraya has more about her than Selyse Baratheon ... :*

abTogun.jpg2BJFJnb.jpgsDkdPdX.jpgBEvDwVT.jpg

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorian Valtieri, mysterious older gentleman or as he is known by some, "The Man With No Honour". Politician, spy, assassin.

j7So3vZ.jpg

4NXQmdj.jpg

Emelye Baelborne, half-sister of Athel Baelborne and something of a hedge mage. Her biggest secret? She grew up in the Bloodthorn Cult.

Tp7PtjO.jpg

5z7Idiw.jpg
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
    Options
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    2 of my, I don't know, 6 bretons? :D

Mary Hex. MagBlade dps. My first ever made character which I considering my main. She's also my main crafter.
    u2n8yPv.png

And my latest addition; Isla Corhart. MagDK dps. Level 15 currently.
    znn7gFe.png
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
    Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first character, a magsorc, and my main still:

C0eZDTq.png
    B7MkDzn.png
    EFCJ9YH.png

My other breton, a magplar:

X2eVTJq.png
    LhUZvUX.png
    Options
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    some old pics, where I'm hiding my vampirism.

DnmO_g68RNc.jpg
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

Options
  • SToneZ_
    SToneZ_
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Main Theós Zoí a Templar Healerln9ta44vt5aa.png
    Options
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexi, my magicka templar

Uq34mBx.jpg
    Options
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Sylveena, my healer:p

ik8mSf6.jpg
    Options
  • Elvira
    Elvira
    ✭✭✭
    Just an alt for rp but I like her nevertheless (though not as much as my Dunmer :-))

esowitch.jpg

isamks.jpg

Edited by Elvira on 16 October 2018 19:28
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    byNPkMv.png
    My MagDK
    xjGmrBq.png
    MSFEHnS.png
    Templar Healer (Angel of Death)

Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    downxj5gndha.png
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton ladies are the best
    Options
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc healer
    s5geoq2sxair.png

MagNB DD
    ZLwpCmC.png
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
    Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Breton Nightblade Witch in her home:

lNGdRi8.jpg

and paying homage to Nocturnal:

DbBFQbj.jpg
    Edited by Incognitius on 10 February 2019 11:08
    Options
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really struggling to make a good Breton. I feel like I'm always getting kind of a plastic-y barbie doll kind of look. I had the idea to practice on the other server and save the slider so I don't have the accessories I'd have on my main account. Any thoughts? Feedback?

2jwULwS.png

nG4HHgM.png
    Options
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raelynn, my magDK and main character :)

TIEjmqL.jpg?1
    Options
  • Jacky_MJ
    Jacky_MJ
    Soul Shriven
    My Breton Healer

tqggh9ir6bsm.png

elw9atgzesf0.png
    Options
  • thetookybird
    thetookybird
    ✭✭
    My Breton wyrdo Wyress healer, Anna
    ugbbk70ya9zh.png
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    » Anna Caiohme | Sorc Healer
    Life's a little Wyrd

Options
  • SukebanA
    SukebanA
    Soul Shriven
    Lady Miranda Valkov~ Circle Member of the Court of Crimson Dawn, lightning based Sorcerer and all around hot Breton redhead.

u8pf0twzvdo4.png
    Miranda Valkov of the Court of Crimson Dawn
    @SukebanAxxx in-game
    Options
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE Bretons !

190413092733428749.png

190413092741675218.png

190413092742396074.png

I have other Breton characters and my future necromancer will be Breton.
    Options
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Mabrienne, my Breton Magicka Dragonknight. She is a member of the Silver Dawn.
    hecuhbB.png
    AJ4u3Ib.png
    PoDSc1C.png
    c9e3gf5.png
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Options
  • Terry_Arquett
    Terry_Arquett
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons are the most kawaii race )
    yiv27ckarigd.jpg
    5dxdleoed82y.jpg
    Necronomicon
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190313_140746.png
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really struggling to make a good Breton. I feel like I'm always getting kind of a plastic-y barbie doll kind of look. I had the idea to practice on the other server and save the slider so I don't have the accessories I'd have on my main account. Any thoughts? Feedback?

Pick a character slot... and just practice.. If you back out, it won't save and you can practice as much as you like. IMO the "Barbie" plastic look comes from having no flaws, no character.. no facial expressions.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.. buuuut a perfectly symmetrical face is the 'ideal' of beauty.. whether we think of it or not.
    z6e2isl4jqbf.jpeg

This is Ay'Anna.. my Breton.. Now when I first looked at the "finished" her.. she looked very plastic.. so I tweaked this and that.. I decided to make her and angry Witch with a capital B... To that end I added the makeup, hair..and made her eye's slightly squint.. but then I gave her a flaw.. her chin, it's too small.. ( I have made it larger than in this picture ) its the flaw, squint and 'attitude.. that make Ay'Anna.. Ay'Anna and not a plastic Barbie.

<sigh> It would be soooo much easier to show what I mean with my Skyrim characters..'

Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
    Options
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all about that plastic barbie :*

ti4cjiitaofc.png
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
    Options
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    tk2za2Y.jpg?1
    R6HJNZv.jpg?1
    Options
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Ay'Anna made herself a new outfit along with a new pet.
    ufralqmj6ij6.png
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
    Options
  • mimisapje
    mimisapje
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons are my favorite race in game, and for that reason i have like 4 of them:
    My main: Falure, a templar healer

jrifs6f75ces.png
    tumblr_po9x43H3xI1rc0c7jo2_540.jpg

Lady Aurora Bellamont, magicka templar dd (pvp)
    tumblr_pt7jjtcodV1rc0c7jo4_540.jpg

Elvanari, magicka sorc
    tumblr_pt7jjtcodV1rc0c7jo5_540.jpg
    tumblr_povh860GtG1rc0c7jo1_540.jpg

Mazikeen The Soulles, magicka necro
    tumblr_pt7jjtcodV1rc0c7jo6_540.jpg
    tumblr_ps4q35xR1E1rc0c7jo1_540.jpg
    PC EU
    Falure - Breton Templar - Healer
    Lady Aurora Bellamont - Breton Templar - PVP
    Meluse - Imperial Templar - DD
    Nahzgra gra-Shatur - Orc Sorc - DD
    Elvanari - Breton Sorc - DD
    Ghathwen - Bosmer Warden - DD
    Nirathwen - Imperial Necro - DD
    Orci Porci - Orc Necro - DD
    Lexus Attius - Imperial DK - Tank
    Araure - Redguard NB - DD
    Mazikeen The Soulless - Breton Necro - DD
    Naevas of House Redoran - Dunmer DK - PVP
    Alisenwe - Altmer NB - DD
    Daddy Dawnbreaker- Breton Templar - Tank
    Options
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    2jwULwS.pngnG4HHgM.png

Honestly, she's not terribly plastic looking. I think she's rather fair for Breton design!

As for the character creation, what I typically do before even settling on a face is actually starting with the body. A good silhouette or body shape paves a path for making a face that fits, imo. Once you're settled, mess about with the face triangle until you find an adequate "base face," then fine-tune through the sliders themselves. If nothing seems to stick, go back to phase one and try to find another base to work with. You don't have to set the face sliders back to default.

As for making it look a bit more "unique," I also always typically add in some sort of flaw as to add a bit of depth and realism to the character. Maybe they've got an aquiline hook nose despite having a round, chubby face and body, or they've got thin lips and narrow eyes with high, strong cheekbones.

Then comes the hair, which is all fair game. If you have plenty from the Crown Store, including that one pack that literally has every vanilla hair (which allows you to wear some hairstyles not even on your race's creation screen), you're literally covered and it's all up to your choice.

As for outfits and accessories, definitely feel free to delve in deep. If you're not that terribly into the lore and being lore friendly like my nerdy self, you can make a massive amount of nice looking outfits outside of Crown Store costumes and literally just utilizing one set style. Takes a while, but you can easily build something nice and even preview how it looks from your Collections menu before you even finalize it in an Outfit Station. If you don't own the style of a certain item, you can just work up to it or buy it from guild traders. Accessorize as necessary, and don't be ashamed if you don't find any skin or markings to your liking; you can be just as radiantly beautiful as the gentleman running around with the glowing Meridian limbs.

I hope my two cents somehow help you out in the long run. If not, best of luck, and I hope you're able to be satisfied with your very own Breton!
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    David Bonie, frequently a healcro and sometimes a trouble maker.

xupmagnv844x.jpg

1qieifziw228.jpg
    Options