The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

• Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    - Item crafting improvement - Make the improvement selection, from white to blue to purple to gold, function the same way it does in the reconstruction system. If I want to improve a newly crafted item all the way to gold, let me do that with 1 action, rather than needing to do it for each tier. Let me pick gold from the beginning.
    - Better yet, just let me choose the quality during creation of an item at a crafting station.

Yes, please @ZOS. There are so many crafting UI improvements and it hasn't been looked at in 8 years.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    Guild Monthly Endeavor that you do with guild mates
    That will lead to building pushing participation requirements because people will want their endeavors. Bye-bye to those who are not pulling their weight. We know this will happen because we see it in trade guilds.

I don't think you understand why trading guilds have dues...

@Billium813

Thx for your concern. However, I very much understand why trading guilds have requirements. I understand it perfectly well, which made it a perfect example for my comment on the monthly endeavor requirement.

Ok, then maybe you can explain it to me. How would guild monthly endeavors cause guilds to force requirements on members?

Guilds will want the guild rewards.

Since we can be in more than one guild and it’s logical our participation will count to only one guild and that choice will also affect which guild we receive the guild reward from.

So unless the requirements to get the rewards are a joke guilds that do not get the monthly guild reward will look at who is not participating for that guild and start setting requirements.

Of course there will be some guild who won’t worry about it but for those who will take it seriously they will be serious about participating. No doubt about that.

Oh. Star Wars has a weekly guild reward. The guilds that take it seriously require participation.

Edited by Amottica on 13 March 2023 22:59
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭

1. Audio option to disable all non-combat music whilst leaving only combat music active.

2. Character select screen backgrounds from previous chapters changeable much like intro music is.
    (I'd go one further and like to have different backgrounds selectable for each character individually).

3. Customizable colour options for nameplates.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will lead to building pushing participation requirements because people will want their endeavors. Bye-bye to those who are not pulling their weight. We know this will happen because we see it in trade guilds.

@Billium813

Thx for your concern. However, I very much understand why trading guilds have requirements. I understand it perfectly well, which made it a perfect example for my comment on the monthly endeavor requirement.

Ok, then maybe you can explain it to me. How would guild monthly endeavors cause guilds to force requirements on members?

Since we can be in more than one guild and it’s logical our participation will count to only one guild and that choice will also affect which guild we receive the guild reward from.

So unless the requirements to get the rewards are a joke guilds that do not get the monthly guild reward will look at who is not participating for that guild and start setting requirements.

Of course there will be some guild who won’t worry about it but for those who will take it seriously they will be serious about participating. No doubt about that.

Oh. Star Wars has a weekly guild reward. The guilds that take it seriously require participation.

I feel like you're being a bit pessimistic, but neither of us knows how it would turn out.

IMO, worse case scenario, it wouldn't be any worse than raiding requirements for raiding guilds. At best, the rewards would be mild enough that guilds wouldn't be that motivated to run off players for moderate perks; but as players casually gain points for their guilds, the guild would get goodies to hand out. Things like "XP boosts" or "increased harvesting chance" or "guildies get sent a supply cache bag" shouldn't be enough to axe your guildies just because they didn't show up for a cyrodiil group and how would you know they haven't grouped with other players? I feel like you assume it'd be super micro-managed, and maybe 1-2 groups would, but I doubt most would.

Here are all the swtor perks for guilds: http://dulfy.net/2018/11/14/swtor-guild-perks-and-guild-levels-guide/. They're pretty mild and several can be achieved without requiring member participation at all (conquest participation and comm points). I wish ESO had this kind of Guild support, rewards, and participation incentives.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Billium813

I feel like you're being a bit pessimistic, but neither of us knows how it would turn out.

IMO, worse case scenario, it wouldn't be any worse than raiding requirements for raiding guilds. At best, the rewards would be mild enough that guilds wouldn't be that motivated to run off players for moderate perks; but as players casually gain points for their guilds, the guild would get goodies to hand out. Things like "XP boosts" or "increased harvesting chance" or "guildies get sent a supply cache bag" shouldn't be enough to axe your guildies just because they didn't show up for a cyrodiil group and how would you know they haven't grouped with other players? I feel like you assume it'd be super micro-managed, and maybe 1-2 groups would, but I doubt most would.

Here are all the swtor perks for guilds: http://dulfy.net/2018/11/14/swtor-guild-perks-and-guild-levels-guide/. They're pretty mild and several can be achieved without requiring member participation at all (conquest participation and comm points). I wish ESO had this kind of Guild support, rewards, and participation incentives.

Not pessimistic at all. Very realistic. Besides seeing it in a different game where there were guilds that kicked members for not meeting the requirement, we see it in ESO with the trade guilds that want to reap the rewards of being in a solid location. So realistic and accurate.

This does not mean every guild will have requirements. Just those who take getting monthly guild endeavors seriously. However, it does mean every player who takes getting those endeavors will likely want to be in a guild that will help them get it.

Oh, and thanks for linking the dulfy link but I never said this monthly guild endeavor would be difficult or challenging but it is per character in SWTOR and guilds wanted every character to meet the requirements. It was time-consuming as a small guild I was in pushed us to do stuff on many characters throughout the week so the game became all about that.

That link just reminded me of how much I began to hate SWTOR because of it became all about the weekly guild challenges until I moved to a guild that did not care about it.

So yes. Bad idea and that opinion is not based on speculation or hypothesis but the real experience with a similar design which you helped remind me of. Thanks for helping me make such an accurate response. I had forgotten how bad it can be.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really Important Request: Please let us pet Scritches the dog in Sally Forth Goods in Leyawiin. The dog who is still being housetrained. He deserves some encouragement lol. I shop there all the time and I really want to pet this dog!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console player i really really want to zoom further in on maps. Sometimes it's super hard to still see fully zoomed in.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to sort consumables - provisioning recipes, furnishing plans, motifs into known/unknown or to only show unknown in guild traders please and thank you.
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavour points or crowns for bundles of rare crafting items

Cheaper BoA furniture patterns: Account bound so as to not disrupt the economy too much

Crown Store Furniture warehouse: Excess storage/showroom. In the warehouse district of course.

Crown Store Companion furniture manager: ui for account furniture management/crafting
  • sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like jumping fixed so that I don't bounce back off of things rather than over them. Not quite sure how to describe it, and maybe I'm just clumsy, but I have such a hard time jumping over things in ESO lol.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mount Training should not take 6 months to complete. Make it so we can buy one of each of the categories once a day instead of just one. This would reduce the training time to 2 months, which is much more reasonable.

Can we also make it more interesting than just paying a bit of gold? I mean, 250gp per day is like nothing. Can we instead have a quick mini-game? Like 30 seconds of quicktime events in a corral. Just to add a bit more immersion.

No offense but this would drive me bonkers. :p We have too many mini game things already. I would much rather pay the gold.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Mount Training should not take 6 months to complete. Make it so we can buy one of each of the categories once a day instead of just one. This would reduce the training time to 2 months, which is much more reasonable.

Can we also make it more interesting than just paying a bit of gold? I mean, 250gp per day is like nothing. Can we instead have a quick mini-game? Like 30 seconds of quicktime events in a corral. Just to add a bit more immersion.

No offense but this would drive me bonkers. :p We have too many mini game things already. I would much rather pay the gold.

Oh, what mini games does ESO already have?
    Edited by Billium813 on 15 March 2023 14:55
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to add

Allow companions to
    Use helms
    Use polymorphs
    Use skins

Also i would love to permanently mute them, Bastion has an ability i use to increase dps but he is the most annoying thing ever even on the lowest setting.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    More Suggestions (1-13 and 14-19, 20-22 and 23-30 earlier in posts #34 & #49 & #61 & #72)

31. Skip dialog button. Yes I am looking at you Dragonstar arena.
    32. Ability to walk over anything in your path that is less than knee high. I should not be blocked by every pebble on the ground.
    33. Ability to change sort order for Inventory, merchant and banker. Things like latest to be picked up at the top of the list or all sets grouped together.
    34. Reconstructing a piece should keep you hovering over that same piece (instead of back at the top of the list), when I go to make my next piece as often I will be making another piece from the same set .
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let companions wear helmets and hair styles

Let companions have their own inventory (for companion items only) and give them a second outfit slot

Give us a "furniture bag" similiar to the crafting bag

I know this is unlikely to ever happen, but.... add a class change token to the game
    Edited by Kendaric on 27 March 2023 11:14
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Masteroshi430
      Masteroshi430
      ✭✭✭
      PLEASE reduce the many tedious grinds for things such as Mount Training, leveling Companions and raising Antiquity skills. Making these require so much work while gaining so little progress doesn't make me want to play longer, it just makes me want to pull my hair out.

I personally love these long term progressions (including the Legerdemain one), I think a good game should feature multiple progression/skill lines speeds, as we have in life: Things you can master in one week, one month, one year, a decade...
      Mount Training has a problem with too low speed at the beginning but I really enjoy it being independent from the time you spent playing today and it rathers kind of rewards you if you play each day.
      I just spent one year leveling Bastian (because I set him as a DPS and only used with a healer and a tank characters) and I find this awesome.
      To me the fun is the journey, not the destination, I wouldn't want a game where things/skills are acquired too fast.

@Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
      Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
    • Hamish999
      Hamish999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I haven't read through all the suggestions, so apologies if this has already been suggested.

I'd like the Keen Eye: Treasure Chests skill in the Excavation skill tree to be expanded to include Heavy Sacks.
      PC-EU
      Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
      Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
      Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
      Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
      Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
      Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
      Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
      Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
      Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
      Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
      Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
      Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
      Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
      Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    • daniel.13b16_ESO
      daniel.13b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      1) More Housing Slots

2) Revamp rewards in IC

3) Mount training account wide

4) Add DSA and Trials to Dungeon Finder

5) Better companions with more functionality

6) Any visual update to Cyro
    • noblecron
      noblecron
      ✭✭✭✭
      Not so much of a Q3 QOL and general QOL improvement. There is a skyshard next to Dwarf's bane Harrowstorm. Everytime that harrowstorm is active it is impossible to grab the skyshard without getting aggroed by the harrowstorm. Can it be moved please <3
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but please do something about companions resetting bosses when they run too far away from them. It happens too often and it's frustrating, especially when the boss is almost burned down.
    • MreeBiPolar
      MreeBiPolar
      ✭✭✭✭
      #1. Class. Change. Tokens.

Account-wide eidetic memory (convert it to account upgrade?).

An ability to rearrange guilds order.

Make possible official guildhall designation with banker there allowing guild bank/guild store access.

Unlock companions for all characters upon getting their Upgrade.

Make companion upgrades switchable on/off.

Move warden bear skin to upgrades.

Get rid of style mat grains.

Make it possible to directly discard a daily login reward (e.g., if you don't need that type and have inventory constraints).

Similarly, make it possible to directly delete a mail with attachments without taking them (e.g., crafting assistants).

Make the trade 6 items at a time like mail.

Add a kind of furnishings "closets" to houses that lets you put some furnishings there counting against the limit, but not show them.

Get rid of "The X". E.g., "The Banished Cells", "The Cauldron" and "The Dread Cellar" but "Halls of Fabrication", "City of Ash" and "Imperial City Prison". Also, "The Rift". If not getting rid of it, then at least add a check for cringe things like "Win a The Rift Tribute Match".
    • MreeBiPolar
      MreeBiPolar
      ✭✭✭✭
      One more. An ability to "bind" crate drops so they can't be extracted to gems. ... I have three or so items which I have to stash where the sun doesn't shine so I don't accidentally "decon" them when opening twitch crates.
    • thedocbwarren
      thedocbwarren
      ✭✭✭
      I want to disable the bright flashing lights for antiquities. It gives me a headache.
    • Daiyanae
      Daiyanae
      ✭✭✭
      Please give us a city, town, cave, building or ANY place that has crafting stations for daily writs and turn-in, but allows NO pets of any kind.
    • thedocbwarren
      thedocbwarren
      ✭✭✭
      Daiyanae wrote: »
      Please give us a city, town, cave, building or ANY place that has crafting stations for daily writs and turn-in, but allows NO pets of any kind.

And turn off the screaming NPCs. "Here yee card schlock and nonsense! I'm annoying you for the LOLs!"... uh annoying.
    • MreeBiPolar
      MreeBiPolar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Add a separate quick slot wheel for siege. Or better, let it be used from inventory without slotting it first. Most of them are not stackable, taking up inventory space anyway, AND it will at least give you a way to choose between deploying an intact or damaged siege of the same type.
    • MotherOfMoss
      MotherOfMoss
      ✭✭✭
      Please add crafting stations, writ dropoffs, banks and stables in more towns. I would love to have more places where a character can "live", with these amenities. I really think it could add to the liveliness of the game world as a whole if most every marked town had more people going about their daily business, and it feels like such a waste that there are lovely places in the game (starter areas & DLC capitals at least) which cannot be your daily hangout spot because they lack some or all of the above.

And on a related note, please add the missing writ dropoff in Abah's Landing.

Then to my highly subjective assortment of largely cosmetic things I wish were possible and mostly fall under the QoL department:

- More uniformly/intuitively classified eye adornments. All the other eyes are Face Markings, but the "oracle eyes" are Facial Hair. If nothing else, please place those in the same category as all the others for conformity (and so my Maormer can have her eyelashes like everyone else).
      - Please please please fix hood/veil type head armour undoing my eyelashes. This happens with a number of head armour pieces, but not all of them consistently. Since we are able to buy eyelashes, please allow us to wear them too, when we sport headgear that reveals the eyes.
      (- Conversely, the new Ancestral Breton style's headpiece in one of the three weights inexplicably makes eyelashes extra black! :smiley:)
      - Some headgear also removes major adornments. Not paid equally close attention to this, but just to be thorough about my nitpicking.
      - Additional cosmetic categories. Since we have cosmetics... what if I want custom eyes, lipstick, AND eyelashes? Cannot be done with the current setup. Consider funky hair colours for a new cosmetic category?
      - A "no eyebrows" option would have its uses, and we also have the option to have no head hair and no facial hair, so why not.
      - The Rimmen fountainside loungewear has a massive buttock problem that looks like it cannot be intentional. Would be great to get it slimmed down, one day. I bought it without looking closely enough because I always wanted that dress, and now it gathers dust.
      (- The Shimmerene soiree gown has a little bit of the same problem, and in fact many costumes as well as outfit styles have a rather protruding backside... Could do with less padding in future couture.)

- Remove bridle, reins and saddle from mounts when placed at houses, or add an option to remove them. Poor animals.
      PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
    • MotherOfMoss
      MotherOfMoss
      ✭✭✭
      Oh and some wayshrines (Argonian, Hew's Bane style) dismount you, which seems like such a small thing but is honestly annoying when you A) try to get on your horse prompty after porting or B) ride through a shrine on your way somewhere.
      PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
    • MreeBiPolar
      MreeBiPolar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Do something about the L49 -> high CP gap jump.
    • Aka_
      Aka_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Get rid of the stuck in combat bug once and for all.
      Fix the mail system loading issues.

If it's a bug fixing and QoL fix only, then it would be a success if these are actually fixed after all these years.