The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suggestion: update tool tips so that instead of reading "+1528 Critical Chance" it instead says "+7% Critical Chance" the result would be that sets are suddently more intuitive to understand and thus can be more easily compared with other things
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    I really want a furnishing plan sticker book in the game. It gets so confusing finding all the plans you can collect. So having one just like the item sets sticker book would be amazing.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hashii wrote: »
    I really want a furnishing plan sticker book in the game. It gets so confusing finding all the plans you can collect. So having one just like the item sets sticker book would be amazing.

Now THAT is a great idea!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have customization for our mounts in the outfit station or in the stables? Just small things like changing the color of the tack and saddle and stam/speed/inv amendments etc.

I really wanted to buy a mount from the crown store, but it came with a tan colored saddle and amendments :| which was a big no no for me. I mean ... tan... eugh!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please add the guild bank/guild store access to the hideout bankers. Having no access there doesn't really make sense however you slice it, given that there are even guild vendors in the hideouts.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    hashii wrote: »

While nowhere near an [O]fficial replacement (especially on the consoles), there's an add-on that does that, called Character Knowledge.

(And it's nowhere near official because among other stuff, it had to "strike out" two plans existing in game code just recently because apparently there is no way to obtain them at all.)
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please add the guild bank/guild store access to the hideout bankers. Having no access there doesn't really make sense however you slice it, given that there are even guild vendors in the hideouts.

I wish we'd get access to these through the traveling companions so I wouldn't need to go back to major cities when i'm out hunting or doing dungeons and find a good drop; kills the flow of my farming sometimes since i wanna list really high-end stuff asap like aetherial dust or crimson oath chests. i doubt it'd be seen as p2w since players can buy the companions with gold from other players anyways and it's reasonably affordable for anyone who's subbed like 3 months. + world of warcraft has a traveling auctioneer... dunno why we can't have that functionality on our traveling bank in eso ;_;
    Edited by Kappachi on 21 August 2023 09:40
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    fix wireless controllers on mac
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rework alchemy surveys to include shrooms and other missing ingredients
    (And add alchemy hireling. Why is that one missing?)
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on 4 September 2023 16:17
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good ideas, none of which were considered :(
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »

While it's a little disheartening to have Q3 updates that fell a little flat for many of us, we don't know the suggestions here aren't being considered for future updates. My guess is these changes are planned and started way in advance.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    Aka_ wrote: »

While it's a little disheartening to have Q3 updates that fell a little flat for many of us, we don't know the suggestions here aren't being considered for future updates. My guess is these changes are planned and started way in advance.

Here's hoping. I believe I've become a bit too cynical to talk brightly about the future of the game lol
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if any of these were added lol. What a great world it’d be. Glad that crown store items are stackable though!!! Game is saved 🤣
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Well I was underwhelmed by the Q3 QOL updates. I still have hope that they will add many of these in future updates.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Here is my edited list from last year of some changes I would like to see in ESO, since you are doing a huge ESO QOL update at the 3rd quarter again this year.

1. I know PC players already have this with their addons, but a filter for all collectable items in traders to only show the ones you do not have collected. Motifs, Furnishing plans, Recipes, Weapons, Armor, Jewelry.

2. Add a not collected section to the recipes and furnishing plans. Either add them at the bottom of the list like the collections list or make a "Stickerbook" style list of all the furnishing plans, so you can see collected/uncollected and preview what they look like.

3. A shopping assistant to give you pricing advice for your server. The price range that item is selling for currently. Would also give suggestions to sell items you have that are in high demand. If an item is not currently in any traders it would keep it on list of items you are looking to buy and notify you when they are for sale in a trader. Would notify you of items you have that are on a list created by another player.

4. On PlayStation (Don't know about PC or Xbox) the options button goes into the menu and revives people. There should be a choice to disable, being able to go into the menu while in combat in a dungeon or trial (Options button would only revive and not go into menu).

5. For players houses be able to place your own wayshrine and turn in spot (Rolis) for master crafting writs.

6. Overland map updates. make the map take up a larger (PS5) portion of the screen, so it is much easier to read. bee able to toggle off the pull to the place you have found on the map that is closest so I can mark the map in places I want without having to fight the system. Be able to mark up the map with your own locations or auto add once located (Surveys, treasure maps, chests, thieves troves). Different colored dots would be enough, platinum = jewelry, brown = wood, enchanting = red, blacksmithing = black, clothing = white, chests = green, thieves troves = purple.

7. Be able to add to the target dummies a timing system for your rotation and light weaving, shows the optimal time to push the button for each skill to improve your DPS. Like any of those music playing games where you are playing the notes on the screen and get a higher score the more accurately you hit the correct button and get your timing

8. Make the Eidetic Memory lore books account wide instead of per character. This would make it easy to go back and get any books you missed on one character on a different character.

9. Everything in the green tree that could never possibly be used in combat should not have to be slotted.

10. Dailey rewards should have a pick one option of items of equal value for each day. This would help in knowing what items are an incentive to collect and what are just junk.

11. Companions should carry all their own gear, have their gear able to be transmuted to a different trait and upgradable. You should also not be able to talk with them while in combat.

12. Crafted potions in a different colored font than pick up trash potions.
    Each potion that stack differently should have a different name to make them identifiable without having to read what they do each time.

13. A way to increase luck in getting higher quality items (Like treasure hunter, but for killing and looting). E.G. I could spend achievement points in each category to increase RNG for Motifs, Furnishing Plans, Masks, Leads, Perfect Roe, Paintings and other rare, but valuable items. This would give a purpose to achievement points and more of a reason to collect them.

14. Option under Companion Reactions of NONE. Some of the things they say are clever the first 1000 times, but I find myself not bringing them out because I don't want to hear them say it again.

15. Allow people to do all the daily / Weekly Endeavors, with increasing value for the 4th and 5th daily and 2nd and third weekly, as people will do the easiest one first. People may need to go to areas of the game they don't normally go to get extra endeavors done.

16. Purchasable furniture piece for a home that would be a the complete layout for each trial boss, able to be marked (different colored circles, arrows, x) for teaching mechanics ahead of time. This would be a great way to get people to learn Trials, Vet Trials, HM Trials mechanics and open up more of the game to a larger number of people. This would also give another reason to purchase/have a home other than crafting and decorating.

17. Redo the quick slot wheel. Be able to choose what wheels show up from a list of different wheels, ones that are not selected do not show. Add wheels for PVP gear. (Quickslot, Allies, Mementos, Tools, Emotes, PVP1, PVP2). If I wanted I could choose to only see Quickslot, Allies and Tools. On a PVP character I would only have Quickslot, PVP1 and PVP2.

18. Show how many Alliance points needed to hit the next grade for Cyrodiil.

19. Zone / Guild chat you should have the option to silence each individually (Only silence zone chat or Guild #3)

20. The colors you choose for each chat should be account wide and not by character and they should follow that guild not guild number (I have guild #3 as purple, I leave guild #3 and now Guild #3 becomes #2 and the color changes.) The color I assign to guild XYZ should stay that color no matter what guild # they are.

21. You should be able to reduce the price of any item you have listed in the guild traders without having to remove it and re add it.

22. Remove the limit on how many Transmute Crystals and event tickets you can carry.

23. Optional Higher level master crafting writs. Make all the writs able to be done at gold level for the gold rewards. Get a purple master crafting writ and turn it in for the purple writ reward or make it gold and get the gold level writ reward.

24. Add the passive for Jewelry crafting Hireling.

25. Ability to easily add a link and put text in the same line. (link to guild with a description of the guild) (List an item you want to sell with the amount you want for it).

26. Playing the game in 3rd person, any item between the screen and your character should be transparent.

27. Dueling Arena with it's own leaderboard (Colosseum), be able to fight only people near your rank to level up. Dueling Arena can also be done by guild with bracket elimination competitions.

28. Skip dialog button. Yes I am looking at you Dragonstar arena.

29. Ability to walk over anything in your path that is less than knee high. I should not be blocked by every pebble on the ground.

30. Ability to change sort order for Inventory, merchant and banker. Things like latest to be picked up at the top of the list or all sets grouped together.

31. Reconstructing a piece should keep you hovering over that same piece (instead of back at the top of the list), when I go to make my next piece as often I will be making another piece from the same set .
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have mentioned this before, but for the PC/controller interface, please sort long lists. For example, when crafting an item that requires a style material, the materials are in one long horizontal list that isn't sorted at all, and this list only grows with every new style. If you scroll slowly through the list, it takes forever (and is hard on the thumb). If you scroll faster, you risk missing what you're looking for. Can't the list be sorted? The same goes for other lists too, but that one's the worst because it's so long.

Another one: have some indication as to whether I can craft a master writ without me having to check whether I know the style and/or have the materials.

Yeah, I'm on PC and maybe there are addons that do this, but I think these sorts of UI items should be part of the game.

Also mounts that can swim.

And above all, of prime importance: Let us pet Scritches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited by AzuraFan on 19 January 2024 02:28
  • Drinks_from_Ponds
    I mentioned it in the ESO discord, and it got some upvotes, a fishing skill line.

No combat advantage or anything like that, so that way if people don't like to fish, they can skip it. But it would be cool to unlock different fishing poles, attachments, outfits etc. Maybe have a fishing tournament once a month or something that grants a mythic fishing boost item or really cool non cookie cutter looking item or fishing pole. I like to fish when I am feeling down or want to take a break from trials, questing etc. The one thing I have always been disappointed with is ESO fishing compared to WoW. In wow you could get different gear, bobbers, poles etc, plus the weekend fishing tourney in STV.
    FOR THE PACT!!!!!
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for fishing skill line. I loved fishing in New world but in this game it is not fun
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just hope they actually add useful QOL updates this year's 3rd quarter unlike last year which was a dub.

Stay safe :)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild bank to stack
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Guild bank to stack

Even if it is something only those who have permission can do.

Having to pull things out and stack them to put them back and having them combine with anything in your personal inventory is a huge hassle. I agree this needs to be done.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a year old, should we continue adding to it or start a 2024 one?

1. Purchasable wayshrines for our homes. Make them unlock after finishing the zone quest if needed. Or more wayshrines near homes. I'd definitely buy more houses if I could travel to and from them easily.
    2. Stop companions roll dodging and pulling enemies out of our AOEs.
    3. Let companions use emotes in homes.
    4. Fewer or no slottables in green champion tree. Make more perks just unlock please. It really is painfully tedious to have to swap slottables several times a day, and does nothing to encourage playing the game.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let us use GUI for OVERLAND resurrect, wayshrine and IC Equivalents
    The E and R keys are too close together

• RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    4. Fewer or no slottables in green champion tree .

slottable greens make no sense, zero added game mechanic, only add boredom and nuisance
    I really can't understand how someone thought it was a goo idea, seems another example of devs not playing their own game

luckily on PC we have the jack of all trade addon, I would scream at screen if I was on console
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    1. changes to PvP rewards
    2. new battleground maps
    3. a lore book detection tool that points towards the closest unread lorebook to help you level the mages' guild faster without addons, google or paying crowns
    4. new heists and sacraments, removal of the daily fencing limit (you can already farm infinite gold with antiquities anyway)
    5. vampires getting to choose whether feeding increases or decreases their stage according to personal preference. not like it makes a mechanical difference anymore
    6. bug fixes

collections right click on item and you can set it as... i forget the name... but it means Preferred and moves it to the top
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better organization with cosmetics. Sometimes it's so hard to find something or whatever I used last.

I would like wardrobe to put on last used things
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 13 March 2024 13:13
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better organization with cosmetics. Sometimes it's so hard to find something or whatever I used last.

I would like wardrobe to put on last used things

How would you organize them? Having more separate categories so I could use more at once I would live to see! But within the category, alphabetical as it is now seems most logical. I would hate for it to be like style materials at crafting stations where it takes forever to find any beyond the basic. We do have the favorites for collectibles now too which I use for styles and options that I use more often or even just want to remember to try on a character. :)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow eyes with makeup

I still think about this...I just don't understand why not
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a search function in collections
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).