The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

• Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the quick slots to be useful. Let us customize our wheels how we want them to be with any slottables we want. The idea was great, but it needs to be more useful for our personal needs.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allow eyes with makeup

I really wanted to use Sanguine Eyes + Nocturnal purple lipstick!
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my request may sound kinda silly, but some new base game emotes from NPCs that have been in the game for many years would nice. Weapon poses like these for instance.

qka8hnmn4t91.png
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please finally add Reach Winter craftable motif.
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one would greatly appreciate it, if you could fix Khajiit eyelids so that they did not clip.
    Ember's in particular, clip very badly, due to interference with the glow layer on her eyes if this one had to guess.
    Also, her eyes being somewhat oversized in her case adds to the problem.

For something really fun, give us control of the color pallet for our summons, using our individually available colors.
    The range of diverse possibilities, both beautiful and hideous that would result from this would be awe inspiring to see.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I apologize if any of these are repeats, but here are some of mine. In some cases I have broader categories with multiple ideas.

1] Restore Some Quality of Life to Those Negatively Impacted by AwA

Create a new character log (so it would be a separate database from achievements) which tracks meaningful character progress through the world. Change it so map zone completion uses this log instead of achievements. Allow pop ups when progress is made, like we get for achievements and stickerbook, but make them optional so they can be turned off.

Then, restore the feature that immediately spawns bosses in delves if you haven't completed them, based on the log.

Next, create a rewards system that gives goodies for repeating challenges.... trifectas, speed modes, hard modes, etc. There are so many rewards that could be done here. Transmutes, gold, keys, event tickets, fragments that could go towards buying a dungeon or trial piece or cosmetics or even a lead you've had bad luck with. Make repeating the challenges reduce a potential grind somewhere else, as opposed to giving cosmetics that will be desired by some who have no interest in repeating this content.

Allow "earned by" to be turned off as an OOB display option.

Finally, move things that can be done by character to the character log, and change ALL achievements to be account-wide only. There is potential to add some fun ones acknowledging the truly account-wide options, like "pick an herb as each class" or "level 8 characters to 50" or "learn a full set of motifs on two characters"... kind of breaking the wall fully and acknowledging that achievements are earned by the account and the account might have multiple characters. Not necessary but it seems like it could be a more fun way to encourage people to try different classes than having achievements you MUST re-do on each character which felt like a grind to many.

To me, this would actually improve upon what we had before, and make up for the dates and information lost in the purge of AwA. It would restore replayability in a completely optional way while allowing people who only want to do achievements once, to only have to do them once.

2] Inventory

No amount of housing storage can make up for the fact that the world drops way, way, WAY more items than it did previously, and we need more individual character and shared bank storage, specifically. The current situation is awful for support classes or for anyone who actually tries to use the Amory for different builds on the same character. I dislike always having to make decisions every fifteen minutes about what to sell, d/e, or keep. I'm not hoarding things, I just don't want to think about it all the time. There are many items that I sell and re-sell via a vendor but they come back because they are common drops and it just makes sense to leave a slot to let them stack. If you PvP and PvE it's still a nightmare to balance siege and have it ready on the right character. If you dabble in companions, the gear system is just horrible; I'm constantly getting drops I don't want and it's impossible to farm for drops you need.

So I have a laundry list of things I'd like to see, or any other creative things that could help with this:
    • More individual storage. Inventory pets are fine, but I'd like to see a bigger bump than that in one go (or a mega pet).
    • More individual bank storage.
    • Something to make furniture more manageable (I know a furniture bag has been ruled out for technical reasons but... SOMETHING here would be nice)
    • A bag for surveys, like the craft bag
    • A bag for companion gear, somewhere in between the craft bag and a separate bank, kind of like companions are carrying their own gear but in reality you as a player can see all of the gear you have, with a limit, and have any companion you have up put it on regardless of which character YOU are playing. It should be magical and not required to be accessible through a banker.
    • Maybe rules for certain types of inventory items so they are treated like quest items. I'd LOVE to see this for PvP seige (but maybe with also a cap) but I know that's unlikely to happen because being prepared is part of the deal. But it is so difficult when I PvP on toons that are also PvE support and I just end up buying seige and destroying it or putting it in my guild bank to sit and never going back for it because I forget when I jump in to play and then it is too late in the middle of battle to go get it.
    • Cleanup of all the various runeboxes, fragments, etc to make them collectibles if you want or a special bag for those too. Unlike furniture there aren't too many but it is so annoying to have to store those. I wouldn't want to remove the ability for us to sell the fragments to each other, though, so it should be done as a right-click choice if they go the collectible route vs the bag route.

3] Quest lists

I have a bad sense of direction. I like to keep quests in my list so I remember where to go back to instead of waiting to pick them up. Nothing irritates me more than having to pick up my writs in segments because I have quests in mid progress I don't want to abandon. I usually always have a Maelstrom quest going. I would really like to see a QoL improvement for the amount of quests we can carry, so any of these ideas (one would probably be enough to make me happy)
    • Let certain repeatable categories not count towards your quest limit, like holiday quests, writs, or pledges. Trial quests.
    • Have a separate repeatable quest list with its own limit. Have it be the same number of quests we currently have today.
    • Increase the limit of quests we can hold.
    • Have a "save for later" quest log where you can move quests you haven't started yet but don't want to forget about, that don't count towards your main quest limit. You can't make progress towards them or track them until there is space to move them back to your main quest log.

4] Companions

I think in some ways they have been a nice addition to the game. More than I expected. But they could be more fun.
    • Update the two older companions (Bastian and Mirri) so they perform as well as the newer ones.
    • Allow us to craft gear. Transmute it. Deconstruct it. ANYTHING so there is a happy medium between 2 million gold for desired pieces and 5 gold for everything else with no other way to go after gear you want. Casuals don't need the purple gear but for people like me who enjoy a little theory crafting with them, nothing but the best gear is of any use. It's ridiculous.
    • Re-work companion abilities that no one uses so they are more useful.
    • Add multiple statements for some of the phrases that pop up regularly (like comments when you gather or open a chest).
    • Reduce the reputation and leveling grinds, especially now that we are seeing the number of companions increase in the game.

OK, that's all I have for now but I may be back!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    A much longer exit time on dungeon timer kick when it kicks you after dungeon when party disbanded - maybe 15 minutes.

The problem is, this is the same timer that kicks in when you're just removed from party for whatever reason. And the actual problem is, until that 4th player actually leaves the dungeon, you cannot get a replacement, be that manual or automatic.

In fact, even using the "find a replacement" function fails to add the replacement player if it finds one before the removed one has left. Extending that to 15 minutes would be make it easier to completely restart the dungeon if someone disconnects.

But yes, I totally feel you... Doing a quest or trying to find all the readables is a major pain unless you can find a group of people who are all in no rush... And even then, it's still a pain because ANYONE in the group doing step X in the dungeon quest advances it for EVERYONE.

So the only workable options at the moment are either solo (and not all dungeons are even POSSIBLE to solo, because of some bosses' mechanics, or even non-boss mechanics like having to activate 2+ objects at the same time), or run it several times when only one player does the quest on each run.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another tough, but essentially necessary QoL request.

COMPLETELY redo the levels/CP system.

Admit it, you KNOW that the green tree currently is a total screw-up. Most slottable stars in the green tree are completely out-of-combat and the only reason they are made slottable is, "we needed to make slottables, and couldn't come up with even 1% decent way to do that in the green". Reminder -- slottables had no cool-down initially, and then there were a few add-ons doing it on the fly, so a cooldown was added with essentially the only rationale is to cover up the screw-up and make life harder for the players. It was the same scenario as with active rapids skill, only apparently you have not learned the lesson from changing that to a passive... Do it. Learn it, finally.

Also, admit it, the reason why most people would cringe at this idea is the expectation that any attempt to do it would be screwed up in a comparable if not worse manner...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the zone guide to include all side quests, especially obscure/hidden ones.

I have a 100% Galen completion according to the zone guide, and I just stumbled onto an incomplete quest. I am on my main, so it is not a matter of it being done on another character and zone guide not knowing any better, either.

And it's not a quest added with another DLC, which are usually missed by the zone guide, too...

I am pretty sure it happened to me at least once before, but I didn't note it down, but not 100% certain it wasn't a quest added after the fact...

Either way, when these are added, the zone guide should update. And the zone guide definitely should be per character, at least for the quests/shards/lorebooks, as they matter per character, not per account. The only things ok to be per account are those which are completely account-wide.

com2bxmp0tx8.png
    boyw4uldyr7z.png
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Journal Quest Log shows the complete list of quests for every zone. I always check it after the zone map shows complete and I always find additional quests. It also shows dungeon quests.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1785-JournalQuestLog.html
    Edited by SilverBride on 26 April 2023 14:56
    PCNA
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, please reduce heavy armor speed reduction, at least in PvE content. AND make riding available in more dungeons

With the amount of dungeons where you have to cover miles on foot, when doing daily randoms, my experience as a tank was most of the time just a sequence of "joining encounter in progress".

I could just as well stand in place, not bothering to crawl over...
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ewo5 wrote: »
    More suggestions (1-13 above in post #34)

14. Crafted potions in a different colored font than pick up trash potions.
    Each potion that stack differently should have a different name to make them identifiable without having to read what they do each time.

15. A way to increase luck in getting higher quality items (Like treasure hunter, but for killing and looting). E.G. I could spend achievement points in each category to increase RNG for Motifs, Furnishing Plans, Masks, Leads, Perfect Roe, Paintings and other rare, but valuable items. This would give a purpose to achievement points and more of a reason to collect them.

16. Option under Companion Reactions of NONE. Some of the things they say are clever the first 1000 times, but I find myself not bringing them out because I don't want to hear them say it again.

17. Separate NPC Dialog volume out of Dialog volume so I don't have to hear the same songs and chat from a NPC every time I get near them.

18. Allow people to do all the daily / Weekly Endeavors, with increasing value for the 4th and 5th daily and 2nd and third weekly, as people will do the easiest one first. People may need to go to areas of the game they don't normally go to get extra endeavors done.

19. Purchasable furniture piece for a home that would be a the complete layout for each trial boss, able to be marked (different colored circles, arrows, x) for teaching mechanics ahead of time. This would be a great way to get people to learn Trials, Vet Trials, HM Trials mechanics and open up more of the game to a larger number of people. This would also give another reason to purchase/have a home other than crafting and decorating.

I've seen a clever house made with a ton of trial boss setups, including the back path for vMoL, which I thought was absolutely genius. It can be done, you just must be patient and persistent
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something small, but I would really like the ability to sort things in a guild trader by 'known/unknown', it would make motif and recipe browsing a lot easier.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I have noticed would bring a ton of life to the world of ESO? Trees moving in the wind. I don't know if it's just me, but, even though I love the worldspaces, the trees just need more life to them. That movement would actually add so much life to the landscapes we see every time we log on. I think if it could be toggleable, and done universally, it would be absolutely amazing.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, having a "hide guild tabards" option would be perfect.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Npc's have a talking animation when we talk to them yet we don't move at all when we talk in /say. I would like a simple talking animation that looks different depending if you end your sentence with a . ! ?

being able to eat/drink/ play instrument while sitting down would be nice too.

Add the grey quality civilian clothing to the motif collection so I look like a regular Tamrielic citizen.

Hide belt option

Guild calendar for people to sign up for raids/ events. I don't want to be forced to join a Discord

Voice chat support just like console has.

Houseguest/pet/mount animation options when I place them in my house.

Expand the guild note feature to be able to add house links for multiple houses. Or add proper player profiles.

A combat tutorial dungeon that focuses on learning combat roles like tanking or healing improving dps/ weaving.

Fix the new player tutorial experience so that they start with Soul Shriven In Coldharbor quest line first before dropping them in the base game alliance island. However, if you choose to start in a DLC area it can stay as it is. When I started this game this part confused me so much!

Improve the prologue quests. New players get bombarded with multiple prologue quests. Change the quest icon so players can recognize that they are starting a prologue quest and add confirmation window that notifies players beforehand.

Edit: added a few more suggestions.
    Edited by FayJolyn on 28 April 2023 15:48
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a "take all" and "delete all" option for mail. I freaking hate cleaning out 50-60 Rewards for the Worthy one mail at at time.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    A clear indication on the sets whether they work in no-CP/no-Proc campaigns.

A preview option for style pages before you learn them.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companion Romance.

Make all green CP non-slottables so we can use all the perks.

Fix the map.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make an indication which Cyr/IC campaign you are in currently. If you log in on a character and are in one of the AvA campaigns, almost the only way to know which one currently is to ask around...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one would cause a lot of grief, but it really is beyond necessary...

Redo the gear/materials levels. The current CP10 to CP150 gap that is automatically crossed by any character reaching L50 makes absolutely no sense. Either make gear cap at L50, or redo the whole thing completely, whatever, but the current state of affairs is sheer nonsense...
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make an indication which Cyr/IC campaign you are in currently. If you log in on a character and are in one of the AvA campaigns, almost the only way to know which one currently is to ask around...

@MreeBiPolar I believe if you open the alliance war tab (I think it's L by default on PC) it'll say "Cyrodiil (<Campaign Name>)". I'm away from the game right now so I can't verify the details, but I know one of the tabs will tell you which campaign you're in.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this where I point out obvious graphical errors?

The High Isle Daily Quest "Pirate Problems" has you burn stolen uniforms, you return and report the mission was completed...but if you look, it is very obvious that this is not true:
    idkki1a0682b.png
    oyw76yn31fne.png

these crates are EMPTY, on another note, these crates would also lead to many of the uniforms to have been ruined during shipping...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ani wrote: »
    Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

Here are mine - as a console player:

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.
    Ani wrote: »
    Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

Here are mine - as a console player:

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.

OMG NUMBER 1, the rest are great too!
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

@MreeBiPolar I believe if you open the alliance war tab (I think it's L by default on PC) it'll say "Cyrodiil (<Campaign Name>)". I'm away from the game right now so I can't verify the details, but I know one of the tabs will tell you which campaign you're in.

On testing, I see that it behaves following way:

* When you are in Cyrodiil, but NOT in your home campaign: there's a drop-down on the campaign overview page that has two options, "Home" and "Local" campaign;
    * When you are in your home campaign in Cyrodiil: there's the same drop-down but it only has the "Home" option, which is confusing, but once you know how it works, it works;
    * When you are in the Imperial City: no way in Oblivion to figure it out.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    Is this where I point out obvious graphical errors?

No. That should go into bugs.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think people need to dial back their expectations for what they want or what they think is coming in Q3. There are not going to be very many presents under that Christmas tree.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I think people need to dial back their expectations for what they want or what they think is coming in Q3. There are not going to be very many presents under that Christmas tree.

Sadly, I believe you to be correct. Too much is wanted that has been ignored to long or never a reason giving as to why it can’t/want happen. ZOS has left so much to be resolved by add-on authors that I don’t believe they can’t see the forest for the trees sometimes. Or they are not given the resources to improve the game. Just enough to keep the lights on and the subs coming in without too much revolt and bad PR from streamers and press.

Stay safe :)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE reduce the many tedious grinds for things such as Mount Training, leveling Companions and raising Antiquity skills. Making these require so much work while gaining so little progress doesn't make me want to play longer, it just makes me want to pull my hair out.

[/quote]

iirc, we are able to purchase mount training and some of the skill lines from the crown store. That is Zenimax's answer. I thin Antiquities may not be purchasable but most skill lines that are not directly associated with a class can be.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

On testing, I see that it behaves following way:

* When you are in Cyrodiil, but NOT in your home campaign: there's a drop-down on the campaign overview page that has two options, "Home" and "Local" campaign;
    * When you are in your home campaign in Cyrodiil: there's the same drop-down but it only has the "Home" option, which is confusing, but once you know how it works, it works;
    * When you are in the Imperial City: no way in Oblivion to figure it out.

I was mistaken. If instead you open your map (default "M") while in the campaign it'll say "Cyrodiil (Ashpit)" or whatever campaign you're in.
    b28bqfvl3uan.png