The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

• ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    On consoles, my personal priorities at the time are:
    1) Vertical Positioning and Vertical Offset for the Camera Settings - I beg you, it's been years...
    2) more inventory space everywhere: make the little chests 50 up from 30, the big ones 100 up from 60, 600 the total bank with ESOPlus and 270 the total Inventory without Pets-Slots, all without adding gold or voucher costs but incrementing the base values instead.
    More furnishing slots in every house would be much appreciated as well.
    3) more Quickslots or a dedicated wheel for aesthetics like costumes, skins, polymorphs and whatelse.
    4) more customizable options for companions, like at least hairs, tattoos and adornments (and please don't force them to wear a head piece if it will ever be added). Also add some sort of emote to companions so that they feel less empty bodies with charming voices - their body language should be more alive anytime, not just in quest dialogues.
    5) a way to remove hip flaps, or better to hide any piece of armour.
    6) please, give us 25 Transmute Crystals a month earnable via the Endeavours System. Up a bit the quantity of Seals we can earn during one crate season - right now it feels a bit unjust.
    7) better RNG for antiquity leads and furnishing plans/motifs.
    8) account wide mount upgrades or - since I don't think this will ever happen - an option like paying a total of 270.000 gold for maxing out one mount directly from zero (with the current system it costs 45.000, i simply did x6). The sum could be divided in the 3 distinct upgrade categories, so 90K gold each.

I love number 2. Several of these are ones I have on my lists as well. I hope the admins are paying attention.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a mini map for console players
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visual variety for everyday tasks (very important to QoL, too) I'd like them to implement:

1) More types of fishing poles
    2) Dirt in antiquities based on region you're digging
    3) Different skins for card tables, themed by race/zone
    etc....
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot’s of great suggestions here! :smiley:

• We really really need a toggle to show only UNKNOWN motifs, styles, recipes, etc.
    • Awesome that we’re getting a hide shoulders option! I hope that we’ll get options to hide additional slots and tassets as well!
    • Option for companions to have headgear visible.
    • A crafting station from which all furnishings can be crafted, ideally with options to sort by style or item type (as in bedding, table, etc. rather than room, or worse, what regular crafting station it is made from).
    • Option to lock any item type — I avoid crafting potions that will end up having the same name as writ potions as it is too much hassle to prevent their accidentally being turned in. If these potions could be locked so they could only be used by us and not tuned in or sold, this would help. Also, if a sell-all-treasure option were to be implemented, I would not use this unless I could lock some of these (the Cuddly Stuffed Hopper I got during the Blackwood event still makes me smile).
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    15 minute cap on Tales of Tribute matches like Battlegrounds, or lower to 30 instead of 40 victory points.

Every time I've tried playing against a player, I got kerb stomped or stuck in an evenly matched game that lasted up to an hour. It's a nice little mini game, but having to commit to any hour of play, likely lose, and still not get the daily quest reward put me off ever trying to play ToT again.

the long matches are the matches i prefere to play. I want more defensives decks for longers matches.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    I have already purchased the update coming in June, but I am far more excited about the 3rd quarter updated with bug fixes and Quality of life improvements. Things that make this game easier to enjoy the game and less about doing mundane tasks.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will any of these actually be considered for Q3 ? Various forum posters have mentioned previously that the lead time between design and implementation is fairly long for ESO, so the content of Q3 has possibly already been decided.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In furniture crafting, allow us to filter by style as we can in the Furniture crown store. There are now so many styles, it's often hard to find what I'm looking for. I'm also sure this contributes to crashing in homes.

PLEASE add more furnish slots to our bigger homes. I don't even care in inside and outside have to be instanced to do it.

I think this one's already on the cards, but a multi-set attunable crafting station..... omg let my Guild House be a house again !!

Introduce a Survey Imp or perhaps push this through as an upgrade to the existing Imps.... let me send them away to collect surveys for me please!

A furniture craft bag, please :)

There we go. I'd be a happy gamer indeed.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to rename crafted potions and poisons, to differentiate them from those potions/poisons made for crafting writs.
  • Riddari
    Riddari
    ✭✭✭
    I know it ain't gonna happen but 1h spell or just 1h weapon skill line. Still can't believe we've never had a new weapon skill line but they're gonna add a whole new class.

The excuse of "we can't add new weapons cuz of how many motifs there are" is nonsense if it's 1h weapons that we already have.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    More Suggestions (1-13 and 14-19 and 20-22 earlier in posts #34 & #49 & #61)

23. Zone / Guild chat you should have the option to silence each individually (Only silence zone chat or Guild #3)

24. The colors you choose for each chat should be account wide and not by character and they should follow that guild not guild number (I have guild #3 as purple, I leave guild #3 and now Guild #3 becomes #2 and the color changes.) The color I assign to guild XYZ should stay that color no matter what guild # they are.

25. You should be able to reduce the price of any item you have listed in the guild traders without having to remove it and re add it.

26. Remove the limit on how many Transmute Crystals and event tickets you can carry.

27. Optional Higher level master crafting writs. Make all the writs able to be done at gold level for the gold rewards. Get a purple master crafting writ and turn it in for the purple writ reward or make it gold and get the gold level writ reward.

28. Add the passive for Jewelry crafting Hireling.

29. Ability to easily add a link and put text in the same line. (link to guild with a description of the guild) (List an item you want to sell with the amount you want for it).

29. Playing the game in 3rd person, any item between the screen and your character should be transparent.

30. Dueling Arena with it's own leaderboard (Colosseum), be able to fight only people near your rank to level up. Dueling Arena can also be done by guild with bracket elimination competitions.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I just read this in another post and don't recall seeing it here yet:

Let us preview collectible cosmetics we own on characters during character creation.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a 1 hour grace period after creating a character where we can go back and tweak our appearance before it's set in stone.

Our characters often look different in the game world than in the creation screen, especially skin and hair colors and height. We need a chance to see them in the real world and make adjustments.
    Edited by SilverBride on 26 February 2023 15:46
    PCNA
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one word: customisability. I think ESO already goes leagues beyond what other games do in terms of customisability, but as an Elder Scrolls title it's still lack-lustre (especially compared to the fact that the single player games have mods, the ultimate form of customisability).

ESO should let you customise things like animations, which ZOS has already started to do a bit with new wayshrine travel animations and resource collection animations, but I would step this up a notch. Let us customise (i.e., re-skin) our own skills. If that feels too awkward, then just add in Spellcrafting already so we can actually make our own skills the way we want them (in my case having more minion-themed abilities as a necromancer).

I'll also echo something I saw someone else comment on here: vampire appearance. I LOVE the look of the eyes and veins on ESO's vampires, but absolutely despise the chalk-white skin. The veins and eyes alone make perfect sense from a lore perspective: while fed you're hidden and no one can really tell what you are, but as you become starved your feral side begins to show (veins emerge, eyes change colour, etc). But idk how vampires are supposed to blend in if they're constantly chalk-white, even while fully fed.

So let us customise our vampire appearance, so that we have a diverse array of vampires running around Tamriel, some with the chalk-white skin, but others (like I would prefer on my characters) with the eyes and veins. Let *us* choose.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Give us a 1 hour grace period after creating a character where we can go back and tweak our appearance before it's set in stone.

Our characters often look different in the game world than in the creation screen, especially skin and hair colors and height. We need a chance to see them in the real world and make adjustments.

I love this. I am close to the limit on characters I can delete (Yes Delete), because I create a character and it comes out completely different than what they looked like before bringing into the game.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Rework. Half the skills are worse than other alternatives and Vamp is only good in PvP due to an overpowered passive.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Guild Traders system needs work. Since it's the system zos put in they should make it easier to find items we need if they are not at the trader we are at give us a location where the item is instead of making us run around to different traders. Zos put this system in so they need to make it easier for their player base.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mount Training should not take 6 months to complete. Make it so we can buy one of each of the categories once a day instead of just one. This would reduce the training time to 2 months, which is much more reasonable.
    PCNA
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mount Training should not take 6 months to complete. Make it so we can buy one of each of the categories once a day instead of just one. This would reduce the training time to 2 months, which is much more reasonable.

Can we also make it more interesting than just paying a bit of gold? I mean, 250gp per day is like nothing. Can we instead have a quick mini-game? Like 30 seconds of quicktime events in a corral. Just to add a bit more immersion.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ani wrote: »
    Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

Here are mine - as a console player:

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.

Pencil in #6 - Class Change Token
    We Know...
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like console players to have the option of using mouse+keyboard.

I'd like a barbershop so I can at least change my character's hair (can't believe we don't have this), and preferably change a few other details of appearance. In other games I switch hairstyles and colour constantly, to suit my mood, to suit a new set of armour etc. It's a nice gold-sink.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild trader merchant, similar to the banker.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new ToT ranking system that doesn't feel punitive and makes sense.
    PCNA
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No other mmo makes mount training a thing. But it's just another way this game tries to make you open your wallet. This is the only reason for it.
  • ewo5
    ewo5
    ✭✭
    Ani wrote: »
    Delighted with the announced QoL changes. What other QoL requests do you have? I mean here fairly straightforward tweaks rather than major overhauls.

Here are mine - as a console player:

1. Guild Trader Search Known/Unknown: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

4. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

5. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.

I love all of these. I am hoping a lot of the suggestions on this thread are put in for the 3rd quarter updates or later if they already have their list made for the 3rd quarter.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fantastic idea. I support this! Limited time appearance change token perhaps?
  • Daiyanae
    Daiyanae
    ✭✭✭
    So so many goods ones listed above, but for me a quick few:

Please yes, provide one city or building or cave for crafting stations of daily writs and turn in that does NOT allow pets of any kind or companions. Just one, just one, even.

"10. Make the Eidetic Memory lore books account wide instead of per character. This would make it easy to go back and get any books you missed on one character on a different character."

Number every single quest as they are created and A STICKER BOOK FOR QUESTS, MAJOR AND MINOR. ;)

Daiyanae
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few simple QOL adds:
    - Guild Trader filter by UNKNOWN, for plans and and recipes and motifs that are not learned on the character/account.
    - Guild Trader filter by set pieces that are not collected in your stickerbook yet.
    - Stickerbook Reconstruction - Return to the set you were in when reconstructing. This isn't the worst for dungeon sets, because the list is so small, but for PVP sets, if you are trying to craft a set that starts with an S, you have to scroll allllllll the way back down after every piece you reconstruct, and it is frustrating
    - Item crafting improvement - Make the improvement selection, from white to blue to purple to gold, function the same way it does in the reconstruction system. If I want to improve a newly crafted item all the way to gold, let me do that with 1 action, rather than needing to do it for each tier. Let me pick gold from the beginning.
    - Better yet, just let me choose the quality during creation of an item at a crafting station.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a re-work of Furniture crafting. Most mats are way to rare to farm for, and the mats needed to make an item just seem so random and nonsensical.

A couch might take 4 heartwood, and a knife takes 12.

The Dark Elf Angled Chair takes two more mat items than the Dark Elf Angled Armchair does.

The plans should all be audited and made cheaper and more consistent to make.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monthly Endeavor that has to be done with guild mates

I am not against this as a feature, but it isn't really a QOL issue.