The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything for guilds how many years have we waited for it? This is a multiplayer game no?
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did a scroll run from top of map to bottom. We got nothing for because the General would not give the quest. We had both our base scrolls and were able to place it at Bloodmayne.

WE GOT NOTHING because the General would only give Chim when we needed Ni-Mok.

I would like a drop down menu giving all quests or at least have her rotate all quests available.

This happens all the time. You stand there taking quests and abandoning them hoping the next will be the one you need.

It destroys my desire to run the Scrolls.

You know, those Elder Scrolls...
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    On character screens the alliance motif to be the colour of the alliance
  • ArchonLucien
    ArchonLucien
    ✭✭✭
    I`d like the option to hide weapons while sheathed. This is already available to some extent, with the gloambound weapons, or with the use of some costumes and the High Rock Spellsword Chest/Robe, but it should be available as an option like hide polymorph helmet ir hide mount upgrades.

Its not like we would lose out on anything, as no weapons have effects while sheathed, and many weapons clip into the character at this point if you use any personalities or certain outfit styles.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event always reminds me of another quality of life function I would like to se:

Add a quest marker over the crafting stations for active daily writs that still need to be completed.

The marker is already there for Master Writs. Just put it in for daily writs. It's annoying to shuffle through the quest log to see which ones need to be done. Being able to see, at a glance, from the quest board, would be amazing.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Here's mine....

1. Access companion menu from companions placed as houseguest in homes.
    2. Be able to lock crown crate furniture, so I don't get into a position where I might accidentally convert it to gems.
    3. Furnishing Bag
    4. Redo crafting areas in ALL cities to be grouped with writ boards and writ turn-ins. This would disperse the crowd that camps Vivec and help some of the smaller cities receive more love.
    5. Armory stores equipment used for builds.
    6. Make most if not all of the green CP tree non-slot occupying.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewo5 wrote: »
    More Suggestions (1-13 and 14-19 and 20-22 earlier in posts #34 & #49 & #61)

29. Playing the game in 3rd person, any item between the screen and your character should be transparent.

This, so much! I hate running some delves because of all of the hanging vines, etc. that constantly flash across the screen in 3rd person.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Destruction Staff that does plain Magic Damage.

Writ Boards in Kvatch.

Functional Tales of Tribute table furnishings.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a build editor for housing (other than the PTS). A sandbox which you can select any home, crown or gold bought and place any furnishing (including antiquities, crown bought, achievement, vendor and crafted - basically ANY furniture available in game) and try out for free building the house as you like and preferably a way to save the design or at very least just build it and then take a video or screenshots so you can see what you did before leaving it but being able to come back to it would be better.

This would help because it can be expensive to try out different furnishings and things don't often work as expected and end up costing a fortune and just being stored (ok could sell the items but in practice just don't)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much longer exit time on dungeon timer kick when it kicks you after dungeon when party disbanded - maybe 15 minutes.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally dungeon solo player story mode.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much longer exit time on dungeon timer kick when it kicks you after dungeon when party disbanded - maybe 15 minutes.

I would love this!

I love to explore after clearing a dungeon and looking for any chests we may have missed along the way. Please allow us more time to do so.
    PCNA
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better guild tools

Guild specific mail system
    Guild houses
    Guild officer in Guild chat system
    Guild donation tracking tools
    An area where we can confirm if a mail was sent.
    Control over Guild taxes and other revenues.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove the even levels only crafting restriction. It is especially stupid 'cause people get second bar at and ODD level.
    (And gear drops in odd levels, too, so it's not even something hardcoded into the game).
  • polaris86
    polaris86
    ✭✭✭
    Please allow us to use Body Markings with a Khajiit fur pattern/Argonian scale pattern. I don't use body marking items on my Khajiit because they remove his leopard spots. Face markings and spots are compatible, why not body?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    polaris86 wrote: »
    Please allow us to use Body Markings with a Khajiit fur pattern/Argonian scale pattern. I don't use body marking items on my Khajiit because they remove his leopard spots. Face markings and spots are compatible, why not body?

Agreed also must mention I made my khajiit a black panther style as they are my favorite cats but if applying any other skin or body marking she gets a white/gray muzzle which she never signed up for. She is meant to be jet black and other markings should apply evenly without weird muzzle markings.
  • beowulf_darkknight_ESO
    Personally, I'd like for the devs to go back to some of the DLC's that were pre-Blackwood, and offer us a companion you can unlock with a quest that becomes available after completing the storyline for those DLC's. The npc would have to not be a recurring character in other dlc's however. And, to be frank, no one is going to care if that npc appears in a dungeon, as after the first go you tend to ignore the npc's all together. For example, for the Greymoor dlc, Fennorian is a good candidate if he's not going to be in any other chapters.
    I make mods when I'm not gaming. Search for SyntheticCourierSix on Tumblr for updates on my Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE mod creations.

• w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    I remembered...

7. Guild stores searchable by learned/not learned recipes, motifs, craft plans.
    8. A better craft UI for furnishings and styles.
    9. In dungeon que, it shows next to dungeon on list if you have a quest (like pledge) for that dungeon.
    10. When you leave a group with a certain toon, logging back in on a different toon slots you into that group automatically.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only big improvement I’d want that will never happen is a way to hide other players companions that way it feels more immersive. It’s weird seeing other people walk around with ember when she’s my follower. There has to be a way to do that plus I’m sure it would help the game run better it’s less stuff to load into your game.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, a Guild Trader Broker NPC that allows us to search all the Guild Traders at once. Tells us where the searched item is located.

PC Players have add-ons that do this, but we've got nothing on Console.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    I just did a scroll run from top of map to bottom. We got nothing for because the General would not give the quest. We had both our base scrolls and were able to place it at Bloodmayne.

I would like a drop down menu giving all quests or at least have her rotate all quests available.

This happens all the time. You stand there taking quests and abandoning them hoping the next will be the one you need.

To be fair I personally like that there's no real reward to anyone specifically for running a scroll beyond doing a good deed for your faction. Why, because then literally everyone would want to grab it, and not everyone is suited for running a scroll. Even now, anyone from troll tanks to pve weekend warriors will grab a scroll just so people see their name on their screen pop up for three seconds.

Only ones who should be grabbing scrolls are scroll runners with scroll runner builds. Unless one isn't available. Because while a slow tank is running that scroll, oftentimes the majority of the faction is either on the scroll carrier, or at the gate waiting for scroll to get their 2k ap tick. Meanwhile the other two factions are taking your keeps and maybe 10 percent are defending.

If you got an achievement or major reward this would exacerbate that issue.
    Edited by BardokRedSnow on 12 April 2023 14:05
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    The only big improvement I’d want that will never happen is a way to hide other players companions that way it feels more immersive. It’s weird seeing other people walk around with ember when she’s my follower. There has to be a way to do that plus I’m sure it would help the game run better it’s less stuff to load into your game.

I would handle it the same way they handle it in main quests, make them appear as random guard npcs. You don't see 1000 Lyris Titanborns running around for that very reason. Zos disguises them.

They could easily do the same for companions without making them disappear entirely.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you also want to change kill, scouting and capture missions to be "get what you do, not do what you get" though? O.o
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

I would handle it the same way they handle it in main quests, make them appear as random guard npcs. You don't see 1000 Lyris Titanborns running around for that very reason. Zos disguises them.

They could easily do the same for companions without making them disappear entirely.

I think they have made companions covered by the outfit system in part to make them different (and to show them off). Replacing them with stock (they are not random guards, they are actually scripted and specific for each quest) NPCs in this vein would be kind of "show generic NPCs instead of other players' outfits".

Completely hiding them would not be such a good idea, either, as they are combat NPCs, not just decorative.

(I agree that having a bunch of same ones is ugh, just thinking how it could be handled, and other than randomizing the body/face, nothing workable comes to mind.)
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a way to search for unknown plans, motifs and recipes in our inventory. At the very least, I would like an inventory icon to make it easier to find them in the inventory.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you also want to change kill, scouting and capture missions to be "get what you do, not do what you get" though? O.o

I mean, actually, yes.

I can't be the only one that picks up and drops the Kill X quest until it is Kill X players. One way or the other I am getting to the Kill X players quest instead of the Kill X nightblades. So a drop down to just choose that first, and then choose the next one, etc, wouldn't change anything other than make it less annoying.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked this 6 years ago ;(

'/eatfoodattable'

currently, as soon as you try to 'eat' the alt jumps up and eats standing up ?!?

Yeah I've always found it much more realistic to pull a pre-set dinning room table out of nowhere and have a meal with friends in the middle of Rimmen Necropolis.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    I want a way to search for unknown plans, motifs and recipes in our inventory. At the very least, I would like an inventory icon to make it easier to find them in the inventory.

I suggest the Character Knowledge add-on.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I mentioned it a few years back, but it most definitely warrants a mention in this thread.

Please add the sticker book option for the outfits. I mean these:

fzuk7o5087uz.png

zr4ml34b0d03.png

Having to sacrifice an armor slot for them makes them essentially unusable, unfortunately :(
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on 15 April 2023 21:14
  • Ani
    Ani
    ✭✭✭
    Tons and tons of great ideas here! I compiled a list from this thread, doing my best to de-duplicate and simplify with an eye to making this as easy as possible for someone @ZOS to pass to a dev team (HINT HINT!)

The Pretty Please Zenimax Q3 QoL Requests 4/16/23

The "ID" is just a random number I assigned to make it easier to talk about specific ideas.

(I don't know how to sticky this, but perhaps the mods can help me.)

My totally biased favorite/priority ideas so far:
    • For the love of....let us easily search for stuff we don't have in guild stores! (Toggle known/unknown in guild store search).
    • Furnishing warehouse (a la craft bag) and a Furnishing assistant that you can use to search and craft all known furnishings
    • Account wide Eidetic Memory, and add furnishing plans to eidetic memory (frankly, I'd say just go ahead and make furnishing plans account wide!)
    Edited by Ani on 16 April 2023 19:30