Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Gaze of Sithis

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    multiple times, or to the point that something is no longer useful).

For Example:
    - Snipe is balanced
    - NB is balanced

Snipeblade is alive and well. +1k damage and snipe nerf ended up with the same amount of burst.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to video games, term "Balanced", in practice means: nerfed (often multiple times, or to the point that something is no longer useful).

For Example:
    - Snipe is balanced
    - NB is balanced
    - Vamp is balanced
    - Troll King is balanced
    - Hybrids are balanced
    - Sap Tanks are balanced
    (and the list goes on, but you get the idea).

So yeah, GoS is balanced too...

- Sniper builds are more dangerous now than before, you just need to use a bit of brain to understand how the build+combo. Is not brainless spam 1 button as before
    - NB in general is trash mostly because of cast time on ultimates, bugged abilities, and server-side checks that make half of your single target meelee attacks to never hit, no much to do with "balance"
    - Vamp has never been as powerful as it is atm. Maybe except really old times when you could chain batswarms with no couldoown, but vamp atm is extremely powerful for PvP.
    - Troll king is kinda dead yes, but that applies to any health regen set when next patch goes live
    - Hybrids were never a thing in the past 5 years or so, in fact hybrids are more viable now than before
    - Sap tanks? You mean PvE tank? I couldnt care less tbh, but i would let you have that one.

You should probably spend a bit more time theorycrafting your builds because you are describing a picture that is far from the current reality.
    Edited by ManDraKE on May 5, 2021 3:51PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to video games, term "Balanced", in practice means: nerfed (often multiple times, or to the point that something is no longer useful).

For Example:
    - Snipe is balanced
    - NB is balanced
    - Vamp is balanced
    - Troll King is balanced
    - Hybrids are balanced
    - Sap Tanks are balanced
    (and the list goes on, but you get the idea).

So yeah, GoS is balanced too...

The first 2 are both viable things even op things in the right hands. I agree with the rest.
    GOS is still good👍
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    I feel they have done a decent job balancing this set, but many do not.

1 iteration of the set: Balanced? No. Fun? Yes.
    2 iteration of the set: Balanced? Yes. Fun? No.

I mean yeah they did a good job for quickly fixing it due to outcry. Because people would not tolerate this abomination in live.

But new mythics sound.. a bit.. dull? Let's check through all of em so I can explain my point better:

Bloodlord's Embrace - awesome mythic. Not OP, but this one can allow blocking in flost staff in 1vs1 infinitely.
    Malacath's Band of Brutality - good mythic. Idea of giving up something for something. Overtuned at 25% and bad interaction with recently buffed procs made it toxic.
    Pearls of Ehlnofey - awesome mythic. Hard to use, insane levels of ulti/second if you do it right (no, seriously, I will do a next video with a build resolving around this item).
    Ring of the Pale Order - awesome mythic, tho OP in PvE in current state. In PvP in disabled cross-heals for personal DPS heals, which is fun and not broken. Will be deleted from PvP in the next patch.
    Ring of the Wild Hunt - awesome mythic. Lots of movement speed for builds that want it. Utility in cyro and overland.
    Snow Treaders - good mythic. Bit hard to utilize, but I did a build with it and Aetherial Ascention.
    Thrassian Stranglers - interesting idea, poor implementation. Needs stacks to be persistent across zones and death to be relevant in PvP. Was broken in PvE in first iterations because they don't care about toughness.
    Torc of Tonal Constancy - dull mythic. Hard to proc, adds not that much to justify running.

Now let's look at new ones:
    Death Dealer's Fete - kinda meh one. 7.0.2 address the issue of feeling underpowered. I'd say 2.6k resources at max power is still pretty meh. Some additional bonus at top stacks might do the trick.
    Harpooner's Wading Kilt - new Thrassian Stranglers. Getting hit is almost irrelevant in PvE. "but it now also has a 1 second cooldown to help prevent losing all of your stacks in Player versus Player situations when getting hit by multiple attacks at once." is a joke, as if player wouldn't attack you in the next second. Obviously power (crit damage) is nerfed, same as Thrassian's.
    Shapeshifter's Chain - dull mythic. Reduced cost is non-essential. Increase in stats in non-essential. Added together: still non-essential. None of my characters will run it, even ones that use transform abilities a lot. Add 5s to the duration of abilities, and it might change.

So you can see, proportion of good ones to dull and meh ones is astonishing in this patch.

I, too, and a fan of Pearls but I humbly request that you NOT make a video using the set since you WILL get them instantly nerfed into Oblivion and neither of us (or the other 3 people who use them) want that.

There is one particularly amazing interaction that absolutely needs to be kept secret.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend I think you overestimate the impact of videomakers like me on sets. I've made a bunch of weird build with strange interactions, so far I'm only hit with blanket nerfs instead of personal ones. But I understand your fears in this case ^^'
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend I think you overestimate the impact of videomakers like me on sets. I've made a bunch of weird build with strange interactions, so far I'm only hit with blanket nerfs instead of personal ones. But I understand your fears in this case ^^'

Perhaps, perhaps.

All that I know is that all it takes is for a video to get posted to the forums along with some salty/jealous comments for it to instantly get on the developers' radar... and that is never a good thing.

If you know about the particular interaction of which I speak, please do not expose it. I've taken great pains to never mention it publicly and those few that I have told I've emphasized the need for discretion. Knowing how ZOS operates, it will 100% get nerfed if it is outed.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on May 5, 2021 6:32PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps, perhaps.

All that I know is that all it takes is for a video to get posted to the forums along with some salty/jealous comments for it to instantly get on the developers' radar... and that is never a good thing.

If you know about the particular interaction of which I speak, please do not expose it. I've taken great pains to never mention it publicly and those few that I have told I've emphasized the need for discretion. Knowing how ZOS operates, it will 100% get nerfed if it is outed.

Im fairly sure the players that can speak with devs directly are aware of what you speak.

Id expect it would take a bit of public outcry to get it nerfed tho
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying this set was to good for NBs or Sorcs is a bit hypocritical (it deserved a nerf but not overnerf), when we have sets that directly buff dots (DKs), ult gen (again DKs as they take the most advantage of using ult), sets that buff certain type of damage etc. etc.

This set has disadvantages, you can't use engine guardian and other monster sets, like Balorgh. Nobody can use other mythics with it, health recovery of this set would have to be buffed to 2k level to be meaningful and most important, your block is useless now, which means you're sitting duck for gankers.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Saying this set was to good for NBs or Sorcs is a bit hypocritical (it deserved a nerf but not overnerf), when we have sets that directly buff dots (DKs), ult gen (again DKs as they take the most advantage of using ult), sets that buff certain type of damage etc. etc.
    WTF? Ok, then make the same item:
    Negative: no damage shield can be casted on you, you cannot go invisible and you cannot dodge attacks (you can still roll dodge from roots and move but all attacks hits you)- big drawbacks, right?
    Give me: 10k armor, 5k health and 500 health recovery.

Such item used on a block build will be massive. This is a big design mistake. Then of course people who has different playstyle will want that set nerfed.

Because I can!
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Gaze of Sithis:

Reduced the Max Health granted from this set to 3276, down from 5000.
    Reduced the Armor granted to 4000, down from 10760.
    Increased the Health Recovery granted to 1025, up from 500.

We did it boys! The community's QQ was a success.
    It got nerfed in due time, unlike malacath was.

Tbh on magsorc, stamblade and werewolf this is still a solid strong option in my eyes. Id still strongy consider running it.
    Which is exactly the place a set should be in. Not useless but not must have, just a solid option.

Even if it turned out to be a little too weak, id still prever releasing it a little too weak and buffing it up to releasing it slightly overpowered and having to play another unenjoyable meta for 3 months.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    Tbh on magsorc, stamblade and werewolf this is still a solid strong option in my eyes.
    It should still be able to squeeze the most total EHP into an otherwise full damage build for those specs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    WTF? Ok, then make the same item:
    Negative: no damage shield can be casted on you, you cannot go invisible and you cannot dodge attacks (you can still roll dodge from roots and move but all attacks hits you)- big drawbacks, right?
    Give me: 10k armor, 5k health and 500 health recovery.

Such item used on a block build will be massive. This is a big design mistake. Then of course people who has different playstyle will want that set nerfed.

It's just that we ALL use mythics, we ALL use monster sets, and we ALL use blocks. Not everyone uses cloak and not everyone uses shields. Do you understand that? Sithis targets all players, some will benefit more some less. Same with the sets I mentioned above. We all use ultimates, but DK can benefit the most of them. At least try to approach the topic objectively.
    All sets that are available in the game are of such nature, some will benefit from them more than others, this is what creating a good build is all about, choosing sets that will strengthen you the most, that will synergize with your skills and everything else.

I don't want this set to be broken OP but I also don't want it to be weaker than the alternatives. I can reverse your logic: if even NBs and sorcs don't want to use it, no one will. Currently, it's much better to combine Balorgh and Malacath/Pale Order than to put on Sithis and not be able to use them both in addition to having 0 block mitigation.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if even NBs and sorcs don't want to use it, no one will.
    You know you can build for it, right? Sithis + Major Resolve = lots of armor, and armor is very good.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if even NBs and sorcs don't want to use it, no one will.
    You know you can build for it, right? Sithis + Major Resolve = lots of armor, and armor is very good.

Yes you can, you can also build for the HP recovery but why when there are better options.

I can also use Pariah for up to 3x times more armor, Balorgh and Malacath for damage and still I can use any arena weapon and fill it with 2 PC trainee. In this setup I can reach 35k armor and some crazy amounts of weapon damage and I am able to still block. Nah thanks.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah thanks.
    It's nice having choice and being able to say that, right?

There will be players who have success with Sithis on an otherwise full damage magsorc/stamblade.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭

There will be players who have success with Sithis on an otherwise full damage magsorc/stamblade.

Why should fulldamage people get more protection? This is more relevant when it comes to such mobile classes.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »
    Why should fulldamage people get more protection? This is more relevant when it comes to such mobile classes.
    They shouldn't, which is why I agree this item is fair now.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonspawn wrote: »
    Still overpowered as hell because it can stack with major resolve

Chudan = 7435 armor
    Gaze of Sithis + Major Resolve = 9948 armor

2513 armor is overpowered as hell?

- Unable to block
    - Can't use medium/light helm
    - No Balorgh, Engine Guardian, etc
    - Up to 16% less damage than Malacath

Gaze of Sithis is clearly inferior. Maybe ZOS will give it a buff when they discover very few players use it.
    PC NA