Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Gaze of Sithis

• Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭
    This looks ridiculously overturned. I can't imagine this goes live as is. Unless they're just trying to sell DLCs to PvPers

Isn't the objective of any company is to sell their product?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple Solution = Instead of the 10k extra armor simply have it apply permanent Major Resolve.

Major Resolve grants around 5k armor and is much more balanced then 10k armor, Major Resolve cannot be stacked with itself, it wont make Werewolves unkillable because they already have Major Resolve applied by default and sorcerers already gain Major Resolve from their lightning form.

It would be totally pointless if this is what it did. There would be no point to having a curse aspect to it. As you are the choosing this over your class access to major resolve. If it granted the same value as major resolve, but you couldn't block damage it would be closer to balance for sure. In general the values just need to come down a lot.

Better it be pointless then overpowered.
    Pointless = useless... So it is kinda wasted content. No one will bother to farm it.

Major Resolve is a relatively easy to get. If Gaze would provide it instead of 10K armour, I would simply run other set. Chudan + other mythic and keep my 60% block mitigation.

Anything lower than 10K means that no-block mitigation would have to be reworked into something else. And this trade-off is basically the whole idea behind this set...

That is kind of the point, the game should not have overpowered items like this, I would rather them be useless and unused then to have them break the game.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple Solution = Instead of the 10k extra armor simply have it apply permanent Major Resolve.

Major Resolve grants around 5k armor and is much more balanced then 10k armor, Major Resolve cannot be stacked with itself, it wont make Werewolves unkillable because they already have Major Resolve applied by default and sorcerers already gain Major Resolve from their lightning form.

It would be totally pointless if this is what it did. There would be no point to having a curse aspect to it. As you are the choosing this over your class access to major resolve. If it granted the same value as major resolve, but you couldn't block damage it would be closer to balance for sure. In general the values just need to come down a lot.

Better it be pointless then overpowered.
    Pointless = useless... So it is kinda wasted content. No one will bother to farm it.

Major Resolve is a relatively easy to get. If Gaze would provide it instead of 10K armour, I would simply run other set. Chudan + other mythic and keep my 60% block mitigation.

Anything lower than 10K means that no-block mitigation would have to be reworked into something else. And this trade-off is basically the whole idea behind this set...

That is kind of the point, the game should not have overpowered items like this, I would rather them be useless and unused then to have them break the game.

That's a weird logic man... It definetly needs adjusting. If you half the values it's still very good, but you seem to be promoting the idea it should be made useless.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Useless is much better than ruining the game for 3 months.

• merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We all know it's going to get released as is or with a VERY minor nerf, then nerfed into the ground after a couple months to drive up the sales of the update. Every business does this when the game is competitive, they'll release something overpowered to drive up sales, then nerf the thing. Happens in every MMO and every card game.

Get ready for that Gaze meta for a couple months, boys.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know it's going to get released as is or with a VERY minor nerf, then nerfed into the ground after a couple months to drive up the sales of the update. Every business does this when the game is competitive, they'll release something overpowered to drive up sales, then nerf the thing. Happens in every MMO and every card game.

Get ready for that Gaze meta for a couple months, boys.

Malacath was meta defining for a year. I would expect the same treatment with this mythic if released in this or a similar form.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5k hp = useless? Cmon it's huge for 1pc item. Resolve allows to potentially free one skill slot.

Yes, this won't be tier SSS material, closer to tier B/C. As all mythics supposed to be.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

5k hp = useless? Cmon it's huge for 1pc item. Resolve allows to potentially free one skill slot.

Yes, this won't be tier SSS material, closer to tier B/C. As all mythics supposed to be.

Not even touching making content worthless idea

But I will questions why you would think a MYTHIC shouldnt be the most powerful item on a build?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I will questions why you would think a MYTHIC shouldnt be the most powerful item on a build?

Because they need to provide unique gameplay opportunities, instead of being plainly overpowered due to sheer stat density (as malacath at 25%, which roughly equals to 50% crit +20% critdamage in PvP).
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    Gaze of Sithis – Heavy Head

Dumb question, but when an item says "increases armor" does it mean physical AND spell resist, or just physical?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    Gaze of Sithis – Heavy Head

Dumb question, but when an item says "increases armor" does it mean physical AND spell resist, or just physical?

ZOS consistently uses "armor" to refer to both physical and spell resists.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster set+different mythic >>> Only 5k hp gaze. Gaze doesn't allow a monster helm.

Could be changed, but don't make it worthless. We already have half sets in the game being worthless.
    Edited by Ryuvain on April 28, 2021 4:39AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point about it being a helm is an important one.

That's by far the highest opportunity cost slot that a Mythic item could occupy along with a shoulder piece. Much more impactful than the typical jewelry slot piece.

Speaking of which... where are the Mythic weapons? We are WAY overloaded on jewelry slot pieces, it's time for further diversify.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anonx31st wrote: »
    This looks ridiculously overturned. I can't imagine this goes live as is. Unless they're just trying to sell DLCs to PvPers

Isn't the objective of any company is to sell their product?

That is grossly over simplistic. It may be that the goal is to make money, but not at any cost. If you become too myopic (shortsighted) in HOW you go about making money, you risk undermining customer loyalty and retention and COSTING yourself money in the long term.

This has become an almost dogmatic mantra I hear tossed around frequently in the corporate world, but it is a recipe for self destruction. It is mainly a philosophy espoused by parasitic investors and golden parachute CEO's who come into a company, sell of all its assets and "streamline" its operation into maximum short term value extraction, give themselves massive bonuses, then file for bankruptcy leaving the rest of the "company" out to dry.

EDIT: I digress. I do not actually believe this helm is designed to sell copies of the expansion in the way that has been suggested. It is just a toxic misconception that dominates too much of the modern world and creates so many problems that I am tired of being silent about it.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on April 28, 2021 6:03AM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    [...] but PvE dps need a quick fix to help them get some real tankiness at only a minor loss to dps.

Explain why?

Sorry, forgot to specify “No Death” achievements. This mythic will be crucial for Dps running No Death achievements, at least for those who don’t care for score pushing and/or don’t want to spend countless months progging the same trial over and over.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I see many of the people who wrote in the topic think that if 10k resistance is reduced then the set it will not be useful. If ZoS want to keep all the current bonuses then they should add more penalties such: as you cannot dodge attacks, you cannot cloak and streak while using this set. Maybe even your shields strengths is reduced by 20% while you have this item equipped.
    Because I can!
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    As I see many of the people who wrote in the topic think that if 10k resistance is reduced then the set it will not be useful. If ZoS want to keep all the current bonuses then they should add more penalties such: as you cannot dodge attacks, you cannot cloak and streak while using this set. Maybe even your shields strengths is reduced by 20% while you have this item equipped.

Even if it would be balanced, it sounds like two constraints slapped together. No cloak and movement skill constraint is new mythic material.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the author of this thread, this set is only good on two classes out of four, but he suggests nerfing it anyway. Why bother even adding anything new stuff if its subpar when introduced?

Losing block and the ability to use a monster set is a huge cost. Most people only survive in pvp by abusing block. I want to see how people do without it.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on April 28, 2021 10:20AM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Sounds OP. Who blocks anyway?

I block even in light. Don't underestimate how much 0.5s block+heal can do when you are low.

I actually I should prob block more, given I have passives that buff blocking
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the author of this thread, this set is only good on two classes out of four, but he suggests nerfing it anyway. Why bother even adding anything new stuff if its subpar when introduced?

Losing block and the ability to use a monster set is a huge cost. Most people only survive in pvp by abusing block. I want to see how people do without it.

It's that easy.
    Use Damage Shield or Roll dodge.

Monster sets?
    Discard the Monster sets.
    5 + 5 + 1 + 1, Weapon Skill Sets on the backbar.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well come on the pts then, ppl are testing this item in fights and it's night and day differncd between having it on or not.
    With this set you don't have to block at all.
    For testing I ate a full soul harvest+bow+calurion combo from a nb with high spell dmg, and it barely took me to half hp.
    Thats pretty stupid.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the 10K resists and/or do not allow other players to heal you while this mythic is slotted.

PvE no death trial runs are about to feel like Vet pledges if it goes Live the way it is rn. All the things that could kill you before just outright won’t kill lol. No need for damage dealers to block
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's nigh zero opportunity cost on magsorc or stamblade, which are already two of the strongest PvP specs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's nigh zero opportunity cost on magsorc or stamblade, which are already two of the strongest PvP specs.

Even if they half the values it will be bis for magsorc and stamblade 😂
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes with this set. It's not going to be the default on all setups, which is pretty much what Malacath became, but it is very strong on certain classes and in certain scenarios. There is a heavy cost losing a full monster set and no block mitigation....if it's nerfed heavily, that cost becomes too much very quickly I think. They could tone down the values a little, and honestly scrap the Health Recovery entirely at this point, but if the passive mitigation isn't high enough to make up somewhat for the loss of active mitigation (blocking), it will be worthless for everyone rather than too strong for some.
    Curious to see what happens.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See this is way too much exaggerating.

At 5k resist Bloodspawn Pwnz it (cuz you get a mythic really close resist and ult gen)

The 2.5k health is barely over a trainee (1k big whoop)
    The health regen already doesnt matter.

Atm its On Par with the added survivability of Wild Hunt + Monster, I.e. monster + hunt on Sorc vs no monster and this set? Both provide essentially huge mitigation. Except one you can still block and get a really cool effect
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 28, 2021 3:41PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At 5k resist Bloodspawn Pwnz it (cuz you get a mythic really close resist and ult gen)

Atm its On Par with the added survivability of Wild Hunt + Monster, I.e. monster + hunt on Sorc vs no monster and this set? Both provide essentially huge mitigation. Except one you can still block and get a really cool effect

Actually your post sounds like someone who does not like to min - max.
    Even halfed it will be way better than bloodspawn as it will give you more resistance without a proc condition, it gives you a trainee piece and when you combined them 2.5k health + 1454 is almost 4k health. This is still good on classes that dont need block as their main defense.
    Because I can!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Actually your post sounds like someone who does not like to min - max.
    Even halfed it will be way better than bloodspawn as it will give you more resistance without a proc condition, it gives you a trainee piece and when you combined them 2.5k health + 1454 is almost 4k health. This is still good on classes that dont need block as their main defense.

You are not including the mythic that you gain in addition to BS. This is important as at halved values you can gain similar if not better stats with no drawback with other mythics and monster combinations

Edit: as for the trainee, my point was a mythic is hardly giving more health than an overland 1 pc at those halved stats
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 28, 2021 3:59PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are mistaken.

Block isnt what's abused to survive at all. I'd say kiting is more useful than blocking half the time and imagine kiting and healing with this thing? Dont get me wrong, blocking is important, but a roller blade and a streaking sorc don't care about it.

Even if its only good on 2 specs. Since it will be so powerful that's all you'll see. If you're not using it, you're at a disadvantage. That's what a "meta" is.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't agree man. At half values I would still use this on my stamsorc and stamblade. I have no agenda or reason to exaggerate. I want to use this mythic, but I don't want it to *** the game up in the process👍
    Edited by relentless_turnip on April 29, 2021 11:21PM