Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Gaze of Sithis

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't agree man. At half values I would still use this on my stamsorc and stamblade. I have no agenda or reason to exaggerate. I want to use this mythic, but I don't want it to *** the game up in the process👍
    It's going to be mandatory on most competitive nb/sorc builds, and also locked behind paying cash for Blackwood. They deleted my balanced hp regen stamsorc build, so now if I wanna come back to the game this patch I gotta... P2W for this mythic? Gross, no thanks. ESO+ still canceled, balance this poor loses customers.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point about it being a helm is an important one.

That's by far the highest opportunity cost slot that a Mythic item could occupy along with a shoulder piece. Much more impactful than the typical jewelry slot piece.

Speaking of which... where are the Mythic weapons? We are WAY overloaded on jewelry slot pieces, it's time for further diversify.

They might not want stuff to compete with Arena weapons.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 5k resist Bloodspawn Pwnz it (cuz you get a mythic really close resist and ult gen)

The 2.5k health is barely over a trainee (1k big whoop)
    The health regen already doesnt matter.

So, one item with stronger armor than armor or monster set (2pc) proc AND stronger HP than in a strongest 1pc HP item in a game. 1pc item > 3pc items of stats.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    At 5k resist Bloodspawn Pwnz it (cuz you get a mythic really close resist and ult gen)

So, one item with stronger armor than armor or monster set (2pc) proc AND stronger HP than in a strongest 1pc HP item in a game. 1pc item > 3pc items of stats.

Lets see here

To gain 5k health 11k resistance i must give up the equivalent of: 16% damage increase, block mitigation, and at least 2k dps through out all combat. Feel like the 16% damage mitigation is a wash in this scenario and the 5k health is not equivalent to dealing 2k damage every second; defensively speaking, that 5k health would only be equivalent if all combat lasted 3 seconds or less.

As for damage mitigation; this set is nothing compared to the damage mitigation provided by Engine Guardian, having just 1 attack misdirected to EG will provide more real damage mitigation than Gaze.

That's right I just quantified the value of LoS. Which at the high competing end you need to acknowledge the sacrifice of a mobile LoS vs damage mitigation.

Not to mention, even as is, I wouldnt be so sure I'd slot it on a sorc or NB. Why add mitigation when you can ensure your survival with just correct positioning and BoL/shade

Edit: dont misunderstand me, I know its a strong item as is; what I'm saying is it needs to be to be worth it and at half values its definitely not.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2021 3:25AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point about it being a helm is an important one.

That's by far the highest opportunity cost slot that a Mythic item could occupy along with a shoulder piece. Much more impactful than the typical jewelry slot piece.

Speaking of which... where are the Mythic weapons? We are WAY overloaded on jewelry slot pieces, it's time for further diversify.

They might not want stuff to compete with Arena weapons.

You're probably right but it seems like such a missed opportunity.

Having unique weapons tied to game abilities circumscribes their usefulness along two different axes - the strength of the underlying ability and the strength of the weapon effect itself.

Freed from having to balance against the quality of a given weapon ability, they would have full creative freedom to design and the only variable factor would be the balance of the weapon effect itself.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here

To gain 5k health 11k resistance i must give up the equivalent of: 16% damage increase, block mitigation, and at least 2k dps through out all combat. Feel like the 16% damage mitigation is a wash in this scenario and the 5k health is not equivalent to dealing 2k damage every second; defensively speaking, that 5k health would only be equivalent if all combat lasted 3 seconds or less.

As for damage mitigation; this set is nothing compared to the damage mitigation provided by Engine Guardian, having just 1 attack misdirected to EG will provide more real damage mitigation than Gaze.

That's right I just quantified the value of LoS. Which at the high competing end you need to acknowledge the sacrifice of a mobile LoS vs damage mitigation.

Not to mention, even as is, I wouldnt be so sure I'd slot it on a sorc or NB. Why add mitigation when you can ensure your survival with just correct positioning and BoL/shade

Edit: dont misunderstand me, I know its a strong item as is; what I'm saying is it needs to be to be worth it and at half values its definitely not.

The trade-off you are presenting seems wrong, by "losing 16% damage" I understand you are referring to Malacath's. But if you go Malacath's you also trade crit damage and on many mythic setups you will not go with monster-set to begin with, so the Engine Guardian comparison is questionable. The blocking trade-off is a very small penalty for some builds.

I think it should be -
    2,500 hp
    5000k armor
    1000 health recovery.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here

The trade-off you are presenting seems wrong, by "losing 16% damage" I understand you are referring to Malacath's. But if you go Malacath's you also trade crit damage and on many mythic setups you will not go with monster-set to begin with, so the Engine Guardian comparison is questionable. The blocking trade-off is a very small penalty for some builds.

I think it should be -
    2,500 hp
    5000k armor
    1000 health recovery.

Any setup running malacath doesnt have anywhere near 30% crit chance and is losing nothing by running it. The change is just a flat 9% damage nerf.

Most set ups are arena weapons + monster + 1 5 set up. Or a full set on one bar and another full set on the other. Only gaze will really change this.
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2021 6:46AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lets see here

This mythic won't take away your ability to Los.
    It allows you to do it less. I have solo'd a dragon on PTS using sithis. There is no way I could do that with EG.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on April 30, 2021 7:01AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here

I think it should be -
    2,500 hp
    5000k armor
    1000 health recovery.

Any setup running malacath doesnt have anywhere near 30% crit chance and is losing nothing by running it. The change is just a flat 9% damage nerf.

Most set ups are arena weapons + monster + 1 5 set up. Or a full set on one bar and another full set on the other. Only gaze will really change this.

1)If you have Major Savagery / major Prophecy in your tool kit, 27% cit chance(in CP) is basically free.

2)Many setups prefers, 2 - 5 sets, 1- arena weapon, 1 mythic+ 1 monster item or trainee. Other combinations also exist as well.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here

This mythic won't take away your ability to Los.
    It allows you to do it less. I have solo'd a dragon on PTS using sithis. There is no way I could do that with EG.

https://youtu.be/S0ijuz1joFQ

Something like this will solo a dragon ez
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes with this set. It's not going to be the default on all setups, which is pretty much what Malacath became, but it is very strong on certain classes and in certain scenarios. There is a heavy cost losing a full monster set and no block mitigation....if it's nerfed heavily, that cost becomes too much very quickly I think. They could tone down the values a little, and honestly scrap the Health Recovery entirely at this point, but if the passive mitigation isn't high enough to make up somewhat for the loss of active mitigation (blocking), it will be worthless for everyone rather than too strong for some.
    Curious to see what happens.

I think the concept of this set is the problem.
    Don't think they can find a point where it doesn't provide enough tankiness so that you can't just ignore block as a mechanic, but it's also not worthless.
    It's either going to be too much or not enough.
    In the current iterati

Lets see here

I think it should be -
    2,500 hp
    5000k armor
    1000 health recovery.

Not really, Stam builds already only run 1 arena wpn usually.
    Your earlier comparison about engine guardian is spot on, but frankly that's just a broken mechanic getting abused(and should've been fixed forever ago).
    I think you underestimate how flexible we can build these days, especially after sets like trainne, endu, agi, etc got buffed.
    It's really not a stretch to give up a monster helm, trust me.
    And as for block mitigation, there are already a lot of builds out there that don't have to block, this will just make them even stronger.
    And if you think a stamcro with ghost, tether etc wearing this won't be absolutely unkillable, then your kidding yourself.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you find the leads for this item on PTS already?
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    It's either going to be too much or not enough.

That's why the best solution is giving big percentage boosts, so it will only be relevant for tanky characters, and will create an alternative route - instead of block to stack up HP and armor + shields.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Firstmep cool I can see you understand what I'm saying more so than anyone else. Yeah a necro would take full use of gaze.

See all I'm saying is half the values isnt good.

I could see something like 8k resist, 3k health and whatever anyone wants if any health regen as a fair set.

Just not at half
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My suggestion: in combat reduces movement speed by 30-40 percent.

This will prevent PvP problems and also not effect tanking in trials or vets too much (in combat - you aren't moving boss or adds around)
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This will prevent PvP problems and also not effect tanking in trials or vets too much (in combat - you aren't moving boss or adds around)

This would make it pointless. A build that is blocking for defence doesn't need to move fast. They just need to reduce the values, it needs to be viable, but not broken like it currently is.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This would make it pointless. A build that is blocking for defence doesn't need to move fast. They just need to reduce the values, it needs to be viable, but not broken like it currently is.

The concern I thought was stamblades and stamsorcs rolling to the hills at breakneck speed with the item
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the health recovery, and all other health recovery, is now halved. It is also a helmet, so you cannot wear it together with another Monster set. It is also a mythic, so you can't pair it with something else like Malacath's.

It is probably the item with the highest opportunity cost attached to wearing it, but it also obviously has greater power than any single monster helmet or mythic on their own (because it is both at once).

It can probably be nerfed without being made useless, but don't just look at the big numbers out of context!

Agreed.

It's going to be a wake up call for everyone who thinks putting this item on is going to make them unkillable in PvP when they still die in a second or less (that's going to happen too). My guess is most of these players are going to learn pretty fast it's not worth giving up the extra offense for. Because on this game, a good offense (which scales with heals as well) is the best defense.

It will be useful for the o.ooooo1% of players who still actually play as tanks on this game in PvP, since it will have a cumulative effect on their base defenses. But that's probably about it.

The real problem with this item is it shows just how much block has been nerfed into oblivion, since no one seems to even care about the negation to block mitigation. What they need to do is make block protect against all CC effects so that's actually reliable again in PvP, instead of just putting up a sign that says "hey, come CC and burst me dead!", which is really all block does now in PvP. That or get rid of that stupid snare effect on unstoppable which just lets players stack ground effects on you till you melt. You're immune to CC... yeah, but so what? You can't move so you are as good as dead anyway.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 30, 2021 8:34PM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bizzarre that anyone is actually defending this set.

Just remember that you can have your opinion about the set and pretend that it's balanced, but what will ultimately happen is that players will simply quit PvP and PvE instead of play the game when it isn't competitive.

BGs and Cyro are already on life support these days, contrary to what some players claim.

You know it, I know, ZOS knows it, and pretending it's not the case is not going to change the reality of the situation.

The helmet is OP by definition because it allows you to gain power you can otherwise never obtain in the game without it. Not just gain power, but gain a massive amount of power vs. every other option in the game.

Now someone will claim that by the definition above, most mythics are OP and certain sets are.

Tell me, what is the META again in PvP for the past months before the proc restriction and what did it involve? You can conclude yourself whether or not it's OP, but the community may conclude differently and you may have no one else to play with.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The concern I thought was stamblades and stamsorcs rolling to the hills at breakneck speed with the item

Who would use it if you can't block or move out the way? You are just delaying the inevitable.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would use it if you can't block or move out the way? You are just delaying the inevitable.

Use Roll dodge and Damage Shield.
    It's easy to survive.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    1. Cant be used with any monster set
    2. Cant be used with any other mythic
    3. Gives approx 16% dmg mitigation that has a direct counter to (seems in line with malacath)
    4. No block mitigation
    5. Health regen is cut in half

For the opportunity cost it better be BAMF

Don't forget that 10k armor will be wasted on a lot of builds since they're already closer to the mitigation cap than that. The set makes a good bandaid for low-CP characters that are struggling to survive, but it's not as impressive as people are making it out to be.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    1. Cant be used with any monster set
    2. Cant be used with any other mythic
    3. Gives approx 16% dmg mitigation that has a direct counter to (seems in line with malacath)
    4. No block mitigation
    5. Health regen is cut in half

For the opportunity cost it better be BAMF

Don't forget that 10k armor will be wasted on a lot of builds since they're already closer to the mitigation cap than that. The set makes a good bandaid for low-CP characters that are struggling to survive, but it's not as impressive as people are making it out to be.

PvP has penetration.
    So if it exceeds 33000 armor, there is no problem.
    Bandaid? No, Gaze of Sithis is toxic.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Use Roll dodge and Damage Shield.
    It's easy to survive.

I was answering the guy who said you should receive 30-40% snare while wearing it. One drawback is enough imo they just need to drastically lower the values.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be -
    2,500 hp
    5000k armor
    1000 health recovery.
    Health recovery is useless stat next patch. It is halved in combat (so 500) and in PvP it is halved yet again, so 1000 = 250 health recovery.

If something have to be removed from this set it should be health recovery. It is a "dead weight".

As for the armour... I think that anything lower than 10K would mean that block cost penalty should be reworked too (reduced by x%, but not removed / reduced to 0).
    I mean 10K is something like 15% dmg reduction. So trading this for 60% block cost mitigation is actually a substantial penalty. This trade-off is the whole idea behind this set.

Basically, with "those" ^ stats I would run monster set + other mythic. Malacath or Wild hunt in PvP and Pale Order in PvE.
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    Exactly. And I think it is the reason why the added mitigation in form of armour value and not 15% additional dmg mitigation (example: you take 15% less dmg). Because if they did so, it would stack with armour.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    It's going to be a wake up call for everyone who thinks putting this item on is going to make them unkillable in PvP when they still die in a second or less. My guess is most of these players are going to learn pretty fast it's not worth giving up the extra offense for. Because on this game, a good offense is the best defense.

100% agree.

As a magsorc, I won't be using Gaze of Sithis and will continue to use Malacath in PvP. Survivability is mostly a non-issue with shield stacking and the reduced damage from using crit will make it very difficult to kill anyone in high MMR.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 1, 2021 11:06PM
    PC NA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they kind of murdered it.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Lol, a hefty smack from the Nerf bat indeed.

But honestly, it's more like other mythics now. Not necessarily a must slot, but an interesting option.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Lol, a hefty smack from the Nerf bat indeed.

But honestly, it's more like other mythics now. Not necessarily a must slot, but an interesting option.

Bloodspawn looks more advantageous to wear in comparison, while still also being able to run Malacath.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably still run it tbh.. I am using pale order on my stamsorc ATM and as that will be unusable in BG's and if I group with friends this is the next best option to continue running 3 damage sets.