Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Gaze of Sithis

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably still run it tbh.. I am using pale order on my stamsorc ATM and as that will be unusable in BG's and if I group with friends this is the next best option to continue running 3 damage sets.

This is what I'm thinking. If you already run something that doesn't use block for mitigation very much, this single item will take care of all of your defensive stat requirements. Then just load up on damage. It'll be worth testing for sure.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is a big nerf, I agree mostly with the nerf of course however the better values are 900 health recov, 3000 health and 6000 Armor would create a lot better balance build than current value.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably still run it tbh.. I am using pale order on my stamsorc ATM and as that will be unusable in BG's and if I group with friends this is the next best option to continue running 3 damage sets.

That sounds like what a mythic item should be. I'll try this out on a certain build and see what happens. Rather than I feel compelled to drop $60 to acquire this item piece to compete.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why the heck would u run this trash now?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd rather have more armor on the set now. If it could compare more to chudan in armor it would be a nice set. Now I'm unsure if it's worth it. Not being able to block as needed makes this difficult to use in pve already and now it's pointless I feel. Take up the monster helm slot too.

I thought that because it messed with monster helm bonuses that this was supposed to be a stronger mythic. Cause now it's barely better than a monster set if that.

I'll try to use it but personally I want another 2,000 armor. I mean it can be fairly hard to get a decent amount of armor as is and nord got nerfed as well. Is armor the other side of crit as a stat that needs to be nerfed down? A bit weird to think about but maybe this all will lead to more of a shoot out play style in pvp. Lol if it's not obvious I was looking forward to 10k armor. It's a bit sad.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Looks like they kind of murdered it.

Lol, a hefty smack from the Nerf bat indeed.

But honestly, it's more like other mythics now. Not necessarily a must slot, but an interesting option.

Bloodspawn looks more advantageous to wear in comparison, while still also being able to run Malacath.

Not if you're dead before it procs, which in this era is quite likely, no? (in BGs anyhow)

Edited by Urzigurumash on May 3, 2021 4:37PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Moonspawn
    Moonspawn
    ✭✭✭
    Gaze of Sithis on patch notes 7.0.2:
    Reduced the Max Health granted from this set to 3276, down from 5000.
    Reduced the Armor granted to 4000, down from 10760.
    Increased the Health Recovery granted to 1025, up from 500.

Still overpowered as hell because it can stack with major resolve
    Edited by Moonspawn on May 3, 2021 4:48PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now it is useless trash, slightly higher-health regeneration is not going to offset the inability to block damage.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AgentUriel wrote: »
    Cause now it's barely better than a monster set if that.
    Mission accomplished. Still looks strong on sorc/nb without being mandatory, the various destro/resto or 2h/bow damage setups on other classes probably won't want it anymore, but that's fine.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But honestly, it's more like other mythics now. Not necessarily a must slot, but an interesting option.

Bloodspawn looks more advantageous to wear in comparison, while still also being able to run Malacath.

Bloodspawn takes up 2 slots, and doesn't have a 100% uptime unless you are constantly getting hit.
    This set is pretty balanced now imho
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonspawn wrote: »
    Gaze of Sithis on patch notes 7.0.2:
    Reduced the Max Health granted from this set to 3276, down from 5000.
    Reduced the Armor granted to 4000, down from 10760.
    Increased the Health Recovery granted to 1025, up from 500.

Still overpowered as hell because it can stack with major resolve

You cant block, so on many builds this is now a hard pass, I was hoping to use this change it up, use this mytic and build loads of dmg behind it with it buff heals as blocking not an option, but now its a no, indirect nerf to my stamplar he was really hoping to have this...
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Bloodspawn takes up 2 slots, and doesn't have a 100% uptime unless you are constantly getting hit.

Lol @ comparing it just to a helm as if you arent giving up a mythic slot for it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now it is useless trash, slightly higher-health regeneration is not going to offset the inability to block damage.
    The 500 hp regen it gives after Battle Spirit is not trivial on a nb or sorc, it helps you continue to roll/cloak or shield/streak instead of having to waste a gcd on a healing ability.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol @ comparing it just to a helm as if you arent giving up a mythic slot for it

Yeah, I imagine bloodspawn + malacath is probably going to be a better option. The ult gen is nice, especially on a sorc. 4K resistances are not worth giving up a better mythic item like torc or malacath or even just two damage/proc sets. Or even just not running bloodspawn at all and going back to Engine Guardian. Engine Guardian + New Moon + Caluurians, with tri-stats on everything and infused spell damage glyphs could be interesting on sorcs next patch.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M-M-M-Monster Nerf.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnnd CONGRATULATIONS !

You have done it !

It is useless now...

Edit: At this point it should be converted to a ring or neck or belt...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 3, 2021 5:45PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 500 hp regen it gives after Battle Spirit is not trivial on a nb or sorc, it helps you continue to roll/cloak or shield/streak instead of having to waste a gcd on a healing ability.

Unfortunately some of us are also Vampires of Stage 4 so that Health Recovery effect does not work.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery is reduced by half in combat and by another half in PvP. So 1025 = 256 in practise.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but how would you quantify this? What numbers on Sithis do you think are right? It seemed to me this issue was often ignored when comparing Malacath to Crit.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery is reduced by half in combat and by another half in PvP. So 1025 = 256 in practise.

Per second. Yes.

Your tooltip on the char sheet is your "every 2 seconds" in combat. It doubles outside of combat.

So in actual health recovery rating, the 1025 will be the 512.5 in pvp. Every 2 seconds. In combat.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With those stats it is absolute not worth it. Trading a mythic & helmet slot is too much, unless it does not have block mitigation penalty anymore.

I can run Monster set + other mythic + defensive glyphs and have almost same bonuses (if not more). Health bonus nerf is also huge. If they kept the original health bonus value, then it would maybe, somehow be worth considering.

Out of all things this mythic gives, they buffed health recovery, which is the most pointless stat next pacth.

Oh well, I guess I will keep using my Pale Order / Wild hunt mythics.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm just happy they are willing to nerf it. Speculation that they make these items to sell chapters are common and not without substantial grounds. To see them adjust this to what I consider a reasonably balanced set is nice to see. Like a few have mentioned I think 5-6k armor would be reasonable. It was definitely overloaded before though.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This move is sort of the hard-counter to the popular narrative of, "ZOS releases OP items to sell the expansion then nerfs them into Oblivion later."

Glad to see the power reduced but this was far overdone.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm just happy they are willing to nerf it. Speculation that they make these items to sell chapters are common and not without substantial grounds. To see them adjust this to what I consider a reasonably balanced set is nice to see. Like a few have mentioned I think 5-6k armor would be reasonable. It was definitely overloaded before though.

I would rather have seen 5-6k armor as well. At these values...maybe on a sorc?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With those stats it is absolute not worth it. Trading a mythic & helmet slot is too much, unless it does not have block mitigation penalty anymore.

I can run Monster set + other mythic + defensive glyphs and have almost same bonuses (if not more). Health bonus nerf is also huge. If they kept the original health bonus value, then it would maybe, somehow be worth considering.

Out of all things this mythic gives, they buffed health recovery, which is the most pointless stat next pacth.

You might be right it's not worth it for most builds at these numbers since it precludes a Monster Set, but,

Wild Hunt is 2x Swift in combat

Sithis in these notes is like 3x Healthy, 4x Protective, and more than 3x Infused HP Regen enchants

Edited by Urzigurumash on May 3, 2021 6:06PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I would rather have seen 5-6k armor as well. At these values...maybe on a sorc?

I'll still use it on stamsorc I reckon. I have never enjoyed s&b backbar anyway and have always done dw or bow. I never play my stamblade, but otherwise I'd probably use it here too. I would say NB and magsorc it will bis still. Would like a little extra armor though.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno Tommy, the nerfed set still provides a 5pc Plague Doctor, 5pc Fortified Brass, and 5pc Beekeeper. There are definitely classes which only use block to prevent stuns from things like incap and meteor rather than for mitigation itself (think magsorc, stamblade, and any fast 2h/bow stam char). These classes would still kill for such a stacked defensive 1pc that let's them build damage / sustain / speed with the rest of their space.

I think the set is now a worthy consideration on certain builds but no longer gobsmackingly overtuned to the point of being a brainless BiS.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfed way too hard, imho. Losing block in pvp is massive, and I don’t think many realized that. I didn’t even notice until I made it a point to keep track of how often I instinctively block in pvp combat.

I guess it still has uses as a very niche item.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on May 3, 2021 7:39PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the new value to the hp is ok, the new hpregen is meh, whatever, hp regen stat is useless in pvp now anyway. The nerf to the armor value was too much. 5000 or preferably 6000 would be more in line with the fact that you cant block and you cant use a monster set with this item.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    So, the new value to the hp is ok, the new hpregen is meh, whatever, hp regen stat is useless in pvp now anyway. The nerf to the armor value was too much. 5000 or preferably 6000 would be more in line with the fact that you cant block and you cant use a monster set with this item.
    Yep. Like I have said before: Anything lower than 10K would mean they will have to rework block mitigation removal into some other penalty (like reduced blocked dmg instead of removing it).

With those stats, the penalty this set gives is way too much. Won't be worth to slot it over other mythics. 4K is like what 5% less dmg taken ? Trading 60% block mitigation for 5% is... it is not a trad-off. You are getting robbed willingly lol.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 3, 2021 6:26PM