Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Gaze of Sithis

• Susurrus
    Susurrus
    ✭✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »
    This one piece is like wearing Aetherial Ascension and Green Pact on one piece of gear lol. This item is awesome for us gamers to dream about but is the most overpowered single defensive piece of gear in the game for PVP. You can wear 2 fully dedicated DPS sets with this and have the mit and health of heavy armor.

While wearing this the only thing you would use block for is CC prevention. Most non tanks don't block except to prevent either big damage or CC. And there are other ways to prevent spikes, major evasion (since most big hitters that kill are in my experience AoEs), roll dodge, shields and HoTs or those pesky streaking sorcs. Or you may just have one vulnerability some of the time, it will be more useful than not in most scenarios.

Forget PVP... I'm going to get a perfect score in VMA just heavy attacking while wearing this and the ring of pale order.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Susurrus wrote: »
    This one piece is like wearing Aetherial Ascension and Green Pact on one piece of gear lol. This item is awesome for us gamers to dream about but is the most overpowered single defensive piece of gear in the game for PVP. You can wear 2 fully dedicated DPS sets with this and have the mit and health of heavy armor.

While wearing this the only thing you would use block for is CC prevention. Most non tanks don't block except to prevent either big damage or CC. And there are other ways to prevent spikes, major evasion (since most big hitters that kill are in my experience AoEs), roll dodge, shields and HoTs or those pesky streaking sorcs. Or you may just have one vulnerability some of the time, it will be more useful than not in most scenarios.

Forget PVP... I'm going to get a perfect score in VMA just heavy attacking while wearing this and the ring of pale order.

You can't wear the two sets together. They are both mythics.
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    Susurrus wrote: »

Well that would be fun! but unfortunately you can only wear one mythic item at a time.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a perfect item for groups trying to go for no-death achievements. In SS and KA I just roll dodge the one shot attacks because blocking is unreliable for templars using a channeled ability at times, and AS+2 the jumps and poison spray can be completely mitigated with the light armor shield. I acknowledge that this set would be broken in PvP, but PvE dps need a quick fix to help them get some real tankiness at only a minor loss to dps.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...] but PvE dps need a quick fix to help them get some real tankiness at only a minor loss to dps.

Explain why?
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 hp but over years they nerfed a 5 Stats set like Plague Doctor, interesting.
    Edited by DreadDaedroth on April 20, 2021 4:17PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 five piece sets in a 1 piece, sounds balanced. Guess they gotta sell dlc’s somehow meanwhile destroying their game.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    This would be fantastic for WW tanks in PvE.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks ridiculously overturned. I can't imagine this goes live as is. Unless they're just trying to sell DLCs to PvPers

PvP light armors who never blocks. Perhaps.

(although, as a DK, I run DW+2H lately and don't bother to block either....)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I "like" about this item is how it indirectly "nerfs" sword and shield , wich has been the staple of many if not all (apart from many stamblades) stambuilds. So thats refreshing.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    It is overpowered...
    Would it be less "overpowered" if the tooltip said:

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation
    - You lose all block mitigation bonus

? ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 21, 2021 7:59AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Lmao this is like 2 monsters sets combined into 1 item,what a joke.

This.

This mythic blows pretty much any defensive monster set out of the water, easily.

Ive seen some posts claiming its okay, beacuse of the downsides.

But the way i look at it: I can throw this on stamblade/magsorc, and become disgustingly tanky, without sacraficing really anything.
    The loss of monster 2pc set is not really a big deal, there are so many sets in the game these days, you can still easily get to the stats/damage you want without a monster set.

Besides, lots of folks who run mythics were already not running a two-piece monster set to make room for it even though they weren't in helmet or shoulder slots.
    Solution here is to replace head or shoulder with the set piece you replace for mystic. Tend to do this for overland setups to leave room for ring of wild hunt.

With the nerf to proc sets I think more will be running mystics.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

Balanced would be something like
    - 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

With those stats I would still use it on NB and Sorc and even on Stamplar and Magdk I would drop snb and use a Vate destro on back bar to use this item. On high mobility classes you don't want to block anyway in PVP...

In the current state it is the single most OP item in game by a wide margin.
    Edited by WolfyRaps on April 21, 2021 8:19AM
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

With those stats I would still use it on NB and Sorc and even on Stamplar and Magdk I would drop snb and use a Vate destro on back bar to use this item. On high mobility classes you don't want to block anyway in PVP...

Sorry but at that point, it's just flat-out inferior to Bloodspawn.
    You can practically toss out the regen as an actual "bonus" as most classes can't make good use of it, even less-so if they go through with their proposed nerfs to health regen in PvP.
    That leaves us with 5K armor and 2500 health. Compare that to 3731 armor and 2.6 utli gen/second.
    The armor is comparable, so you've just got 2500 health vs 2.6 ulti gen. That's honestly a hands-down win for BS stats-wise.
    Oh, and BS doesn't entirely remove your block mitigation. It has no malus, it's just pure positives.

I know it's incredibly stat-dense, and I know it's setting off people's alarm bells. It set mine off too when I first read it, but then I stopped to think about it for a while, ran some numbers against competitive monster sets. It's actually not bad.

As I said in my previous post, people are greatly underestimating the opportunity cost of losing a monster set AND the loss of block mitigation in crucial moments; powerful ultis, proc sets, emergency blocking when close to death and trying to burst heal, etc.
    If it didn't have both of those drawbacks, even just having only one of them, I'd readily agree it would be OP, but both of those drawbacks, together... I don't think it's going to be an issue. Not everything can be roll-dodged. Try tanking through an 80K damage tooltip Soul Assault, that you can't roll dodge, without being able to block. That's going to HURT.
    Nevermind the loss of block mitigation immediately disqualifies this item from any high-end PvE as there's too many "block or die" mechanics, most of which, again, can't be roll dodged.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

I suggested a
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

You can practically toss out the regen as an actual "bonus" as most classes can't make good use of it, even less-so if they go through with their proposed nerfs to health regen in PvP.
    That leaves us with 5K armor and 2500 health. Compare that to 3731 armor and 2.6 utli gen/second.
    The armor is comparable, so you've just got 2500 health vs 2.6 ulti gen. That's honestly a hands-down win for BS stats-wise.
    Oh, and BS doesn't entirely remove your block mitigation. It has no malus, it's just pure positives.

I know it's incredibly stat-dense, and I know it's setting off people's alarm bells. It set mine off too when I first read it, but then I stopped to think about it for a while, ran some numbers against competitive monster sets. It's actually not bad.

As I said in my previous post, people are greatly underestimating the opportunity cost of losing a monster set AND the loss of block mitigation in crucial moments; powerful ultis, proc sets, emergency blocking when close to death and trying to burst heal, etc.
    If it didn't have both of those drawbacks, even just having only one of them, I'd readily agree it would be OP, but both of those drawbacks, together... I don't think it's going to be an issue. Not everything can be roll-dodged. Try tanking through an 80K damage tooltip Soul Assault, that you can't roll dodge, without being able to block. That's going to HURT.
    Nevermind the loss of block mitigation immediately disqualifies this item from any high-end PvE as there's too many "block or die" mechanics, most of which, again, can't be roll dodged.

I dunno...

I have thought about it a great deal and with a 30-40% reduction on the health and armor it would still be bis for bow/2h or destro/resto. On those kind of builds you are only really blocking cc.

I think if the armor value is 6-7k and the health around 3k it is reasonable given you give up a monster set and being able to block. I agree 50% may be a bit heavy handed. The current value is also not ok IMO.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithis' Resistances shouldn't buff Damage Shields because Damage Shields are an alternative to blocking, as the OP said, or this is just another version of "Malacath shouldn't buff procs since procs can't crit".

Damage shields do still scale with Resistances right?

And now Malacath does still buff procs, but procs have had their scaling adjusted. I would say this interaction of Sithis and Damage Shields should be cancelled or there will be many complaints about how Damage Shields scale.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 21, 2021 10:41AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

With THOSE stats I would not. I have Wild Hunt ring for PvP and Pale Order ring for PvE. Even Malacath ring would be better (yes even on a nb), as it boost dmg by 15 - 16%. Also, with those stats, they should make it into belt or neck as it will be impossible to run Moster set. Besides (with those stats) Mighty Chudan + other mythic easily beats it.

You would have to remove block mitigation penalty entirely with stats like that (which defeats the whole idea behind this mythic) ...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 21, 2021 10:48AM
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks ridiculously overturned. I can't imagine this goes live as is. Unless they're just trying to sell DLCs to PvPers

so far this is the only thing that makes me buy a chapter
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Zefyron
    Zefyron
    Soul Shriven
    But what about PvE tanks? Could there be a build for this?
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

I suggested a
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

I dunno...

I have thought about it a great deal and with a 30-40% reduction on the health and armor it would still be bis for bow/2h or destro/resto. On those kind of builds you are only really blocking cc.

I think if the armor value is 6-7k and the health around 3k it is reasonable given you give up a monster set and being able to block. I agree 50% may be a bit heavy handed. The current value is also not ok IMO.

At around only a 30-40% reduction, it starts becoming a bit of a closer call I'd say. Not an automatic win or loss either way, and that's what it should feel like, IMO. If it's a question/toss-up or at least a close call as to which comes out on top, then it's competitive without being over/underpowered. Something like 8K armor, 4K health, 400 regen would still be potentially worth it, though in fewer cases. It's certainly not a bad idea IMO.
    It is overpowered...

- 5000 health
    - 15% dmg mitigation

? ?

- 2500 health
    - 5000 armor
    - 500 regen
    - No block mitigation

With THOSE stats I would not. I have Wild Hunt ring for PvP and Pale Order ring for PvE. Even Malacath ring would be better (yes even on a nb), as it boost dmg by 15 - 16%. Also, with those stats, they should make it into belt or neck as it will be impossible to run Moster set. Besides (with those stats) Mighty Chudan + other mythic easily beats it.

You would have to remove block mitigation penalty entirely with stats like that (which defeats the whole idea behind this mythic) ...

You raise a great point there, something I actually missed in my previous posts, a third opportunity cost; wearing a monster set AND a different mythic.
    You're technically giving up not only block mitigation and a monster set, but the option to have a monster set, a different mythic, AND keep your block mitigation. That's quite a bit, especially considering there's still many competitive mythics like Malacath's, Wild Hunt, and Torc of Tonal Constancy.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zefyron wrote: »
    Assuming it will go live with 10k armour (15-16% dmg mitigation) and 5k health, it should be possible to make a roll-dodge tank with some pcs of medium armour. So you could tank & heal regular dmg from mobs and dodge hard hitting stuff (like one-shots).
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zefyron wrote: »
    Assuming it will go live with 10k armour (15-16% dmg mitigation) and 5k health, it should be possible to make a roll-dodge tank with some pcs of medium armour. So you could tank & heal regular dmg from mobs and dodge hard hitting stuff (like one-shots).

Not AOE one shots.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many already said this item is really hard to balance. Definitely overpowered on stamina nb/destro resto casters but a little underwhelming on everything that slot a shield (stam classes block casting vigor and magclasses block casting heals aka templars and dk).
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    As outlined in my original post, the issue with this item arises in PvP on certain classes who are barely at all effected by its downside in the first place.
    For combat balance it is irrelevant wether or not its balanced on a rolly poly magdk or an off meta pve setup. It matters how strong it is on its best users.
    Would I give up on a monster set and other mythics on a minmaxed pvp stamblade, magsorc or werewolf for almost 11k armor, 5k health and some extra regen sprinkled on top for the cost of a mechanic I barely ever use anyways? Youre absolutly right, I would.
    And im definetly not the only one. If this item becomes as meta as malacath, we are in for a very tanky and unfun PvP meta. Id like to avoid that.
    Edited by Raeyleigh on April 21, 2021 12:08PM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »

so far this is the only thing that makes me buy a chapter

thats why this item was designed...
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    So since blocking isn't a thing with Gaze of Sithis, does that mean it will free up CP points since one wouldn't need to put any in either Damaged Blocked and Stamina cost to block?
    Edited by PrinceDamien on April 21, 2021 1:05PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had tanks that do insane damage without any damage stats, now we will have DDs that has insane toughness without slotting any point in susvivability 🥱
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    They could have approached the set bonuses from a more dynamic way.

IE
    • Increases total armor by 25%
    • Increases max health by 15%
    • Increases Health Regen by 25%
    • Reduces block mitigation to 0

This at least requires a decent amount of any of the stats in vested to give you a valuable benefit.
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    They could have approached the set bonuses from a more dynamic way.

IE
    • Increases total armor by 25%
    • Increases max health by 15%
    • Increases Health Regen by 25%
    • Reduces block mitigation to 0

This at least requires a decent amount of any of the stats in vested to give you a valuable benefit.

Oops forgot to throw in examples

If the calculations are based on the total, I have no idea the mathz behind it.
    • 40k armor to receive a 10k armor buff from the piece
    • 33k health to receive the 5k health buff
    • 2000 HP regen to get 500 HP regen buff