The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

Err, what?

Now - buy the green def for 200g, use 50 crystals to make it precise.
    Next - buy the green def for 200g, use 75 crystals to make it precise.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a "full set" for 25 crystals? do I need Siroria's bow? Tzogvin's Frost staff?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

Err, what?

Now - buy the green def for 200g, use 50 crystals to make it precise.
    Next - buy the green def for 200g, use 75 crystals to make it precise.
    Yes, always do that for expensive sets.
    Change is that you now don't need to buy the green def if you know set :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

Just tested this on PTS and it seems you get 25 crystals every time per your comment above and seemingly none of the upgrade mats. @ZOS_RobGarrett - can you clarify if this is intentional as it pretty fundamentally changes the impact of this system.

It can't possibly include upgrade mats.

I have a full set of deconned Siroria.

I also have a full set of deconned rele.

I log in with my stamblade and make a full set of gold rele jewellery and gold nirn dagger and precise axe.
    When I've finished I decon and get the mats back and the crystals.

Now I log back in with my magplar and make a full set of gold siro jewellery and an infused flame staff.

so I can just decon and recon gold jewellery for any set for free. The jewellery mats market would collapse in a couple of weeks. As it would for every other material. I wouldn't need mats and crystals for more than say 50 set pieces, and even then only for convenience. Especially on PC where I'd probably have an addon to deconstruct everything when I finished playing and recon on my next character when I logged in.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, I guess the prices of things like spell strat bows and spriggan's inferno staves are going to go up for a while!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm mourning all the set pieces I didn't find the room to store at this point

Me too :'( Also, my inventory space has already started filling with such useless items as "Spriggan inferno staff"... In the past I would sell such items to merchant immediately, but now I save everything from more-less interesting set, for the next update :D Situation with inventory, bank and storage space becomes critical... Can the update (or only Set Collections part of it) launch tomorrow, please? :smiley:
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I'm mourning all the set pieces I didn't find the room to store at this point

Me too :'( Also, my inventory space has already started filling with such useless items as "Spriggan inferno staff"... In the past I would sell such items to merchant immediately, but now I save everything from more-less interesting set, for the next update :D Situation with inventory, bank and storage space becomes critical... Can the update (or only Set Collections part of it) launch tomorrow, please? :smiley:

I’ve started selling some duplicate pieces with traits I wouldn’t use to free up some space. These are the pieces I was keeping “just in case” more than one character wanted the same set. But I’m still having trouble selling my duplicates that have Divines on them. And I think of all of those head and shoulders pieces I’ve sold immediately over the years because I like using monster sets instead...there’s going to be a lot of holes to fill in my sticker book! The good thing is that I have 12 characters with maxed out inventories, 3 disposable characters with just minimal bank space upgrades, and every chest we can get in the game all full, so my sticker book will be off to a very good start! I’m guessing I’ll get 60% plus of my inventory space back. I logged just one character into the PTS and immediately got the message “321 items added to sticker book” and can’t wait to see that in live for all my characters!
    Edited by Elvenheart on September 24, 2020 5:14PM
  • CupcakePaparazzi
    So, if we bind equipment to ourselves NOW and deconstruct it NOW will it be in our stickerbook with the update or do we need to further hoard items til then? @zos ?
    Aldmeri Dominion. PSN: JackieDBones
    cupcakepaparazzi.com
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    So, if we bind equipment to ourselves NOW and deconstruct it NOW will it be in our stickerbook with the update or do we need to further hoard items til then? @zos ?

I would love to know this too. That would be great if the system remembered everything we equipped on all our characters up to this point.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but you can deconstruct duplicates you have around and you don't plan to use until the update. Say you have two Maw heavy shoulders one is divine and the other is training and you don't plan of using both you can decon the training one.
    Same goes for anything else who is duplicate, has bad traits and you don't plan on use soon.

Now once the update goes live you can start getting rid of stuff. Has so much I keep just because its can be hard to get again. Already started collecting weapons for this.
    Inventory insight is very nice on pc to sort trough stuff.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is a "full set" for 25 crystals? do I need Siroria's bow? Tzogvin's Frost staff?

Yes every pieces of the set will reduce the cost until you get 25 when all are collected
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited for this update. I am also probably doing to take a break from most of the game content until then. I'll use dupe items for research and decon to clear inventory. Maybe sell other stuff. Do events. But I don't want to accumulate more gear before November.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

I would assume that you won't need bows or staves to complete the set with these.

Unfortunately many melee-proc ranged weapons are in the collection, so there will be no way to fill those in unless you happened to have saved them or can find one still circulating.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple of questions that I am still unclear on.

1. Do jewelry set pieces from before Summerset count (the ones that cannot be deconstructed)?

2. What about the 'Unique' pieces from a set? Are these a separate entry requirement in the set from the normal version? These are often different in style. Would be cool to have a 'Bonus' portion of the stickerbook for these - get all of the named/unique set pieces and knock out an additional 5 transmute crystals for set piece reconstruction.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on September 27, 2020 6:32PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also:

3. What about items from a set that have different styles, like the Agility set for example (I have Orc and Aldmeri Dominion style Agility daggers on one of my characters)?

4. And what about named pieces from craftable sets, like the Oblivion's Foe items you get from the main quest line?
    Edited by cyclonus11 on September 27, 2020 6:06PM
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

I would assume that you won't need bows or staves to complete the set with these.

Unfortunately many melee-proc ranged weapons are in the collection, so there will be no way to fill those in unless you happened to have saved them or can find one still circulating.

I was really looking forward to filling out my whole "sticker book" collection. This is sad news for completionists like myself that there will be some entries that we can not get. But I am really excited about this new system coming and still think it will be a lot of fun gathering as many entries as I can.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

Wait whats going on?
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

Wait whats going on?

You quoted an entry that someone made before they clarified this.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got all organized for set hoarding!

yI1qIGA.jpg
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Also:

3. What about items from a set that have different styles, like the Agility set for example (I have Orc and Aldmeri Dominion style Agility daggers on one of my characters)?

4. And what about named pieces from craftable sets, like the Oblivion's Foe items you get from the main quest line?
    1 Pretty sure jewelry from before Summerset count. Nice if some on PTS could verify this.

2 Unique items as in quest rewards in sets, both overland and dungeons count but if you recreate you get the standard items.

3 No idea who style they come in. I guess your alliance for PvP gear with 3 styles.

4 crafted items are not included as they can be crafted already and in any style.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

Wait whats going on?

Yes, as I understand you will get back 25 transmute crystals, does not matter how much you paid to create it or how much its will cost now.
    You get back tempers as in standard deconstruct as in chance for one or one fragment for jewelry.

Else recreate one piece of perfect trial set jewelry who lowest drop is purple this cost 75-25 transmute crystals.
    Now if you got 3 Zircon Plating back from deconstructing, well that 5-6 times more lucrative than Potent Nirncrux transmute.
    Edited by zaria on September 27, 2020 9:29PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Couple of questions that I am still unclear on.

1. Do jewelry set pieces from before Summerset count (the ones that cannot be deconstructed)?

2. What about the 'Unique' pieces from a set? Are these a separate entry requirement in the set from the normal version? These are often different in style. Would be cool to have a 'Bonus' portion of the stickerbook for these - get all of the named/unique set pieces and knock an additional 5 transmute crystals for set piece reconstruction.

1. If you have bound that jewelry, or sell it to a vendor and sell enough other stuff that it leaves the buyback window, it will count. You do not need to decon an item for it to be recorded.
    2. Unique pieces are recorded as their generic equivalents.
    zaria wrote: »

Wait whats going on?

Yes, as I understand you will get back 25 transmute crystals, does not matter how much you paid to create it or how much its will cost now.
    You get back tempers as in standard deconstruct as in chance for one or one fragment for jewelry.

Else recreate one piece of perfect trial set jewelry who lowest drop is purple this cost 75-25 transmute crystals.
    Now if you got 3 Zircon Plating back from deconstructing, well that 5-6 times more lucrative than Potent Nirncrux transmute.

The way I read it, you only have a chance to get a mat that you put in.

So if you reconstruct a perfected jewelry piece, you’re never going to get a purple mat out of it. If you upgrade it to gold, you have a chance at a gold grain for your 4-10 platings.

We already know we won’t be getting the style and trait mats out of deconning a recon piece. I imagine it’s the same for the base mats and upgrade mats we didn’t need to use.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Behold, my reaction to Set Collections:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sTxwjFFcPWg
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

Wait whats going on?

The way I read it, you only have a chance to get a mat that you put in.

So if you reconstruct a perfected jewelry piece, you’re never going to get a purple mat out of it. If you upgrade it to gold, you have a chance at a gold grain for your 4-10 platings.

We already know we won’t be getting the style and trait mats out of deconning a recon piece. I imagine it’s the same for the base mats and upgrade mats we didn’t need to use.
    My reaction was based on the first reports, its now clear that it works like standard deconstruct except that we get the 25 transmute crystals back. Has no issue with it but know that some to tend to gold out FOM sets, but say its their problem.

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now that I've read this entire thread...

I'm super excited about this because I'm one of the people that hoards every item "just in case" and am always short on bank/backpack space. What I still want to understand is:

1. Can someone on PTS confirm whether the sticker book is per account or per character? In other words, if I bind a set item to my khajiit, is it automatically in the sticker books of all my other characters as well?

2. Once I use the sticker book to recon an item on one character (presumably the one with the highest crafting ability), can I then transfer that item through the bank to another character who can then wear it?

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I hope there's an icon in the inventory to say if you have bound it before or not, so that you don't accidentally sell/decon ones you dont have.

Most sets are worthless to me, but i'm going to want them all now that there is a list...
    Kallykat wrote: »

I'm super excited about this because I'm one of the people that hoards every item "just in case" and am always short on bank/backpack space. What I still want to understand is:

1. Can someone on PTS confirm whether the sticker book is per account or per character? In other words, if I bind a set item to my khajiit, is it automatically in the sticker books of all my other characters as well?

2. Once I use the sticker book to recon an item on one character (presumably the one with the highest crafting ability), can I then transfer that item through the bank to another character who can then wear it?

Yes to both.

Account bound/useable for all toons.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »

I'm super excited about this because I'm one of the people that hoards every item "just in case" and am always short on bank/backpack space. ...

I'm in the same boat. Since I learned of this coming update, I have found it hard to play the game as I just want to wait for a mass decon event and inventory cleaning. I'm pretty excited, as a hoarder who is also leveling 18 characters in all crafts (though about half of characters are max on gear and are just lagging on provisioning and alchemy + Jewelcrafting).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I sold an sharpened briarheart dagger for 190K yesterday. I knew they was expensive but thought it was 30-40K.
    Feel a bit stupid for not golden it first would probably added a lot

And yes you can get it from an quest and transmute it. :)

As I understand random dungeons will drop 10 transmute crystals, this is a lot and will probably the fastest way to farm them.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great addition. I can now fulfil my hoarding habit through the sticker book instead of having 4 alts for storing gear.

A few things to consider.

If it counts for your sticker book simply by having a bound item on you, can you pull a Burning Spellweave Inferno staff, pass it to your other 3 group members so they all get the sticker?

Never hold onto multiple sets for multiple alts. Have one set of perfected false god? Well you now have as many sets as you want. Outfit all your alts in reconstructed gear over time and any time you want to change them, each piece of gear basically pays for the next set. Yes, there is a high initial cost to get that reconstructed set, but each future change is of minimal transmute cost.

It has a free trait change included. Pulled a new arena weapon, but it's charged instead of sharpened like you wanted? Just reconstruct a new version (for potentially only 25 crystals, which is half of what you'd pay normally). Yes you need to upgrade it, but you may have been doing that anyway.
    Dungeon and trial loot will not register wile it can be traded in group.

Note that it will be easier to get the bis items at least in bad stats in pugs. Today many will keep an second staff as they will use it on an alt.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's say I have a bunch of CP160 gear stored on a level 3 mule alt. If I log in that mule after the sticker book goes live, will it automatically add the bound CP160 items to the sticker book, or do I have to be at least the level of the item to add it?