The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's literally anything you bind, right? Including trial and dungeon gear?
    Oml the thought of only having to get arena weapons once, to then create multiples for other toons... I'm aroused.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2. It's a lazy addition.
    I'm sure they copied all the hard work they did and put it into ESO straight from Destiny 2 as well. Totally lazy.

/s
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    With raised crystals cap it's a tremendous QOL addition. So what if another game did things right before ESO did?

I'm not complaining about them copying D2, I'm noting this made things lazy and reduced player numbers in areas because there was no reason to farm. Not to mention, goodbye money making opportunities.

Here's the thing though. We can't have perfect and fair balance everywhere and this is a HUGELY positive change with the inventory problem that has plagued ESO since day one. I get your point but be a bit more reasonable though. There will still be plenty of players buying set pieces (maybe even moreso because they need to have the ENTIRE set collection to reduce transmute costs for recon) and worst case scenario still are also plenty of other ways to make a lot of gold in ESO. I for one will not miss set grinds, it will allow me to enjoy the game and focus on actual content more. If gold getting a little "nerf" is the worst part of it then I am not going to complain one bit. The pros FAR outweigh the cons imho.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I missed this part of the stream. Could someone do a cliffs notes summary of how it works? You decon items to a collection, and the you can reconstruct them using transmutation? Can you reconstruct the same set multiple times from the same collection? How does the trait swapping work? Does that cost extra? Is the system locked to the DLC, or part of base game?

Thanks in advance.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    It's literally anything you bind, right? Including trial and dungeon gear?
    Oml the thought of only having to get arena weapons once, to then create multiples for other toons... I'm aroused.

They had tabs for Arena and Dungeon sets and also commented on the new solo arena sets as well, so I'd say yes.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I missed this part of the stream. Could someone do a cliffs notes summary of how it works? You decon items to a collection, and the you can reconstruct them using transmutation? Can you reconstruct the same set multiple times from the same collection? How does the trait swapping work? Does that cost extra? Is the system locked to the DLC, or part of base game?

Thanks in advance.

The stream is available to rewatch already. Starts at about the 01:53:00 mark. :)

Edited by scorpius2k1 on September 19, 2020 9:14PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

It will definitely change the economy. I mean, if a green hat is more comparable to a purple hat in value, green hat prices could simply go up. We could also see other items added to the economy that are harder to farm or craft. Will have to see how the markets react when this goes live.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I could tell...

You add an item to collections and lose it. You use transmute crystals and a few crafting materials to remake it but you can't remake it directly to gold. I didn't see anything about selecting the trait you want on the screen so changing that might still be needed (which if so should be simple as this whole process works at a transmute station). But yeah you can remake the same item over and over if you have the mats. It wasn't clear if the collection is by account or by character.

edit: Oh and I think they said it only works once you bind an item - crafted sets are excluded.
    Edited by tinythinker on September 19, 2020 9:16PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With raised crystals cap it's a tremendous QOL addition. So what if another game did things right before ESO did?

I'm not complaining about them copying D2, I'm noting this made things lazy and reduced player numbers in areas because there was no reason to farm. Not to mention, goodbye money making opportunities.

We said same thing with transmute traits though...
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂

You should be watching. Rob just gives good news

I don't have the data to watch streams. I just have to hope I can find a "news" article or something before too long.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance.

Once you bind an item to your character that item gets added to your set collection. You can then head over to a transmute station and reconstruct that item for the cost of materials and a number of transmute stones. You also need the skills to craft it.

If you ever decon a reconstructed item you get the total cost that you spent to reconstruct it refunded to you, including transmute crystals.

So basically, instead of refarming items, or storing them indefinitely, you can instead get rid of them once you have bound the item at least once safe in the knowledge that you can remake the item at a later date if you wish.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK, that wasn't clear from saying "it's a lazy decision." I can definitely see fewer people going back to zones to re-farm things, but I don't know how much that account right now for a percentage of zone activity.

In the short term it will increase farming, especially world bosses and public delves. People will want unlock all 7 armor pieces, the 2 jewelry, and whatever weapons drop for the set to reduce the cost per item reconstruct. This also means a lots of sets pieces that were decon fodder will be worth money in a trader for that reason.
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Did you see the part where it cost 75 transmute stones PER ITEM?

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it hear.
    The cost per item goes down the more pieces of a set you add to the collection.

PLUS...

The cap on transmute crystals jumps to 500 or 1000 for subs

You will be able to buy them on the crown store within 6 months, you watch. None of this matters.

So what. They are increasing the drop for cyrstals in PvE as well. If after all that, if someone spends money for crown pack of crystals, that's their business.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought, is it leveled? So if I get that old, level 23 burning spellweave inferno, slap in the face....
    Once it goes it collections I can then make it at level 160?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In any case, I know that personally I will free up about 60% of my bank space with this change. I've already sold or vendored many sets trying to get that under control, so if nothing else that counts as a win for me :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • JJMaxx1980
    JJMaxx1980
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean we will only ever have to farm one item such as rings and 1h and shields because we can farm one and reconstruct two?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    Does this mean we will only ever have to farm one item such as rings and 1h and shields because we can farm one and reconstruct two?

Basically - if you have a crafter and mats. At least as I understood what was shared on the stream.

• Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂

I don't have the data to watch streams. I just have to hope I can find a "news" article or something before too long.

This is how it works:

Every time you equip an item and it gets bound to your account, it will automatically be added to your collection. There's a new tab in the collections menu for it.
    HcY0alO.png

Once an item is collected you can make copies of it at a transmute station. You can choose the quality and a trait for the copy, but you have to know the appropriate crafting skill (blacksmithing for heavy armor for example).
    You have to pay the upgrade mats and some transmute crystals.
    ljponMl.png

The crystal cost decreases if you collect more items from that set. The highest price shown was 75 if you only have 1 item and the lowest was 25 if you have the whole set.
    If you deconstruct any of those copies you'll get all the mats back.
    Edited by Edaphon on September 19, 2020 9:44PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Ah

Notes

Pts Monday
    Solo Arena with sets and arena weapons
    Item set collection thing
    Transmute stone cap buffed

New events antiques, and guild one
    Critical changes
    Frost staff changes including new buff that increases critical damage from chilled status
    Major and minor changes for buffs
    Map looks small but lots hidden inside

Antlers are in style
    Pvp emote I missed them talk about
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, compared with transmute crystal revamp, was the best QoL update!!! Now I can finally delete all the niche set pieces I was keeping for 'just in case', or out of fear of huge meta changes, and also all the monster sets in different weights! It will make outfitting alt characters easier too, cause we won't have to refarm additional pieces for them if we don't want to (and can spare the crystals). Awesome change!
    Edited by Jaimeh on September 19, 2020 9:43PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Edaphon - Thank you! That's a very interesting system - I'll be fine, I have a Master Crafter on each account PC NA, and working on getting my latest 50 to MC on my second account EU - she's actually pretty close.

And I guess buying transmute stations will be a good idea too!

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

He said this in the stream, but he paid 75 crystals to reconstruct the item, and it looked like he only actually got back 25 crystals?

I personally think you should get some of the crystals back, not all of them - otherwise you don't need to get crystals ever again once you have enough for one complete set... (Except for transmutes on non-reconned gear, I guess)
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

you need 75 crystals for it. even if you go the route of getting a rank in 30 day campaign, there is still waiting involved. so one way or another - you are farming and now have to decide, what do you prefer farming for? gold to buy the item of vendor, or transmute crystals? I mean.. you can already buy a crappy trait off a vendor for cheap and transmute it for 50 crystals to good trait. and yet, people are STILL selling good traited overland sets for significantly more because farming transmute crystals can be a pain.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it counts for your sticker book simply by having a bound item on you, can you pull a Burning Spellweave Inferno staff, pass it to your other 3 group members so they all get the sticker?

You have to equip it to permanently bind it to your account. Once you do this, you can't trade it anymore - I believe this to be true even with the temporary tradeable to other group members feature?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

you need 75 crystals for it. even if you go the route of getting a rank in 30 day campaign, there is still waiting involved. so one way or another - you are farming and now have to decide, what do you prefer farming for? gold to buy the item of vendor, or transmute crystals? I mean.. you can already buy a crappy trait off a vendor for cheap and transmute it for 50 crystals to good trait. and yet, people are STILL selling good traited overland sets for significantly more because farming transmute crystals can be a pain.

The cost goes down the more pieces of the set you learn, and they plan to make it easier to get crystals in PvE. Still, not everyone will have a master crafter with all traits unlocked or play frequently enough to gather or care about crystals.

• crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This best QoL change in years!!!!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    This best QoL change in years!!!!

Right? I'm seriously wondering why it's taken them so long. I'll actually be able to PLAY the game instead of farming a set so long that my grandkids have grandkids.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left the forums a few months ago - and the game as well - for various reasons. This news alone motivated me to log in again and make this post. This has the potential to be something amazing. However, I'm not holding my breath for two reasons.

One, I personally earn transmute crystals at a rate of.... basically not at all even when I was still playing this game. Which means I will be cut out of this system, and still lack any compelling reason to return to this game when there are countless better games out there more worthy of my time than this one is.

Two, given $enimax's track record over the past few years there's no way the aren't going to monetize the crap out of this. They did it with housing, they did it with the outfit system, they'll do it with this. There have been zero indications of them backing off on predatory monetization and several of them making it worse.

We'll just have to see.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set price thing might go in two ways. Either prices drop to near nothing because everyone can have everything for crystals in any trait, or every possible trait will rise in price through the roof because you need any piece at least once.
    Knowing ESO, I opt for second option.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    The set price thing might go in two ways. Either prices drop to near nothing because everyone can have everything for crystals in any trait, or every possible trait will rise in price through the roof because you need any piece at least once.
    Knowing ESO, I opt for second option.

Yes, definitly the second.

To register a set we need to bind it and wear it at least once. I wish it was automatic for all.
    And about monster masks do we need to bind light heavy and medium or one is enought?
  • balthasars_darksideb16_ESO
    So if 1-item-sets, like from the arena always costs 75 crystals ,
    you can more or less use them as a "75 mutation crystal geode" if you get everything back on destruction?
    that would be nice
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

Except it doesn't on the stream. Now im not sure if thats an oversight, a testserver issue or an mistake on his part (my personal preference).

As you see, he used:
    1. 75 Transmute Crystals
    2. 4 Elegant Lining
    3. 3 Embroidery
    And he got back:
    • 25 Transmute Crystals
    • 1 Elegant Linen

It would make much more sense to have some sort of "drain" in that system, also the amount he got back is consistent with other "crafted" items we have in the game (make an item and decon it, you get less then what you paid). Which is how it should be.

It would be horrible if you get everything back.
    Edited by JN_Slevin on September 19, 2020 10:29PM
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok but now what am I going to do with all the bank space and empty storage coffers in my house?

Fill them with surveys? I’ve got 1 coffer I use for this currently. Once it’s full I am forced to go collect them all. Imagine if I now have room for 7 coffers full of surveys xD

Joking aside, I am very excited about this change. It sounds amazing tbh