Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm more likely to buy "useless" sets from the golden to tick all the boxes.

... of what it means to be a vampire!

Sorry couldn't resist!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett will historic sets we have had bound still count or only the items we have at the DLC release?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it counts for your sticker book simply by having a bound item on you, can you pull a Burning Spellweave Inferno staff, pass it to your other 3 group members so they all get the sticker?

Bound items can't be traded. So once you bind that staff to you for the sticker - that's it.
    With the exception that you can trade gear in dungeons and trials.
    But pretty sure this is covered.
    After the roll out and registering bound gear on update I'm pretty sure you will have to equip to learn.

And it will make sense of learning all items you run into even totally worthless stuff, at least dungeon and trial sets as they are buffing some underused sets from time to time.
    Overland not so important but can be smart to learn weapons as they tend to be expensive if meta changes.

If you have unbound expensive overland gear it makes sense to sell it now.

Now its some stuff you want to keep, obviously gear you plan to use in the near future.
    Golded out stuff and purple jewelry unless its useless, or you have enough.

Inventory is pretty filled up now. Thought about doing an purge, well it will be an purge for duplicates.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Can gear be obtained at one level then reconstructed in another? For example, if I get gear on at level 20, can I reconstruct a level 50 CP 160 version of that gear?

Also, can you reconstruct to any level you want? For example, a level 20 monster set.

So looking forward to playing with this on PTS soon.

Its only confirmed that you carn reconstruct an item that cant drop
    For exemple a green monter set

So no level 10 monster sets or vMA weapons either!

I rewatched it and didn't see a level select when he reconned the hat so guessing either it's only made at your character level or only at 160
    An level 10 can buy an monster set at the golden or run normal maelstrom.
    However you need to be able to craft the item and know the trait.
    Pretty sure its character level as it is for everything else, might be cp160 only to as only reason to do this on low level is to make twinks for baby pvp who I see no reason to make easier.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys but there is sth that doesnt sit right for me.

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's probably crystals coming to Crown Store aka more money made.

They will be adding more PVE ways of getting crystals. And you only need 25k AP per toon for the 50 transmutes. That's 10 resources which any capable Pver should be able to do.

I didnt say it's hard to get 50 transmute crystals. I mainly PVP in Cyro. I said that you need to wait 1 month to get 50 crystals. What happens if you decon a set and the moment you need again, you realize you re out of crystals? I guess that's where Crown Store comes in.
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's not all that hard. I play PvE but I run all 13 of my toons through Cyrodiil's 30 day campaign in a month if I need to load up on transmutes. That will give me 650 crystals. It takes about an hour per toon to get the 28k AP needed for tier 1 rewards (50 crystals) Quicker if I join a zerg :)

Bear in mind the fact that they said they will be providing more drop alternatives for PvE transmutes and it only takes 25 crystals per item if you know all the set pieces.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on September 20, 2020 8:25PM
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will be adding more PVE ways of getting crystals. And you only need 25k AP per toon for the 50 transmutes. That's 10 resources which any capable Pver should be able to do.

I didnt say it's hard to get 50 transmute crystals. I mainly PVP in Cyro. I said that you need to wait 1 month to get 50 crystals. What happens if you decon a set and the moment you need again, you realize you re out of crystals? I guess that's where Crown Store comes in.

Nope, that's where planning comes in or... farming/guildstore as they have always been in the past. I personally will only be deconning overland and soloable dungeon sets to start with. That alone will free up a lot of space for me.
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has me salivating! Such a boon in so many ways!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    This is amazing, finally you can get rid of bound armor you're not using but still have access to it by reconstructing it if you want to use it in the future using transmute crystals. You will also be able to change the traits as well when you do that is how I am understanding it.

Yeah, it sounds like a cool system.

I'm glad the developers decided to pay some attention to this because it's very difficult to find the space to store the necessary sets to play multiple roles on this game, especially if you PvP with those characters as well. This is especially the case considering how often they make significant changes to the game often requiring an entirely different gear set. So this will make their constant tinkering a lot more palatable. I also makes experimenting with different builds a whole lot easier.

I can't tell you how may times I've had to repurchase/re-farm gear sets I had gotten rid of, only to learn later I need them again.
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this will be a good change. :D Strikes the right balance (in my opinion me) for farming items you still need vs. keeping "just in case" items. Especially for weapons and jewelry.

I don't think it will eliminate farming. But I think people will do one or two runs instead of 25 and then just make that last piece.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not all that hard. I play PvE but I run all 13 of my toons through Cyrodiil's 30 day campaign in a month if I need to load up on transmutes. That will give me 650 crystals. It takes about an hour per toon to get the 28k AP needed for tier 1 rewards (50 crystals) Quicker if I join a zerg :)

Bear in mind the fact that they said they will be providing more drop alternatives for PvE transmutes and it only takes 25 crystals per item if you know all the set pieces.

This may work for you. But I dont have 13 toons, only 4 and no time to lvl up more.

Still not persuaded that this system helps. An increase in bank space would be way more beneficial. It is easier to farm set items than gather the crystals required to reconstruct them.

Actually all these happened as the reason to introduce crystals in Crown Store.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryath_Waylander - thank you! Others did reply, but that's fine. It was kind of you to help me out.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This may work for you. But I dont have 13 toons, only 4 and no time to lvl up more.

Still not persuaded that this system helps. An increase in bank space would be way more beneficial. It is easier to farm set items than gather the crystals required to reconstruct them.

Actually all these happened as the reason to introduce crystals in Crown Store.

We'll have to see.

As cynical as I am about the monetization of this game - and the trend of over-monetization certainly bears out the possibility that this system is going to be monetized - I have to be fair here. With the unfortunate exception of event tickets, no currencies that can be earned by in-game mechanisms have the option of paying cash for them. You can't buy gold for cash, or undaunted keys for cash, or writ vouchers for cash, or AP for cash. It stands to reason that they may follow the same logic and not allow transmute crystals for cash. It may be more likely we'll see "collection packs" where you can pay to unlock the sets in a given area or dungeon. All I know is that if they don't monetize this somehow, I'll be stunned.

My main concern with the system right now - aside for waiting for the other shoe to drop on the monetization front - is how they are going to make this system usable for players like me. Allegedly there are going to be better PvE drops for transmute crystals, but the real question to me is if they going to remember that PvE does not equate to group content.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As you find pieces of the set the cost is reduced to 25
    Also you only need to pay the cost once per gear slot as if you decon a reconstructed gear its fully refunded (25 crystal are refuded so if the set is fully unlocked its filly refunded)
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on September 21, 2020 1:46AM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a lot of people are a bit over-eager to decon everything but what their character is wearing.

This is meant more for things that you keep "just in case", not necessarily gear that you are currently using.

But let's say that you deconned everything but the set that you are wearing and the meta changes. You have the gear you need in the sticker book and you reconstruct it, at an average cost of 50 transmute stones because you didn't have the full sets, so you only got a partial discount. You spent 500 transmute stones and you are good to go.

In 6 months, the meta changes and you want to change your gear. You decon your set, and you get your mats back, plus 250 stones. But you also got more transmute stones in the meantime, even if you didn't farm them. AND the sets you are looking at crafting now are all fully in the sticker book, so you'll only pay 25 transmute crystals per item.

So there will be an initial investment, but in the long term, this is pretty much going to be self-sustaining.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Fischblut wrote: »

...There is simply nothing to complain about, this feature seems as perfect as it should be :) Except, I wish this system was added years ago :(

Yeah lol. I can't count how many times I've deleted set items just to make room.

This is awesome and a game changer. Even more so for those who don't have ESO+ who will now actually have some room in their bank for mats.
    Wait, I'm supposed to use the bank for something besides mats?
    Edited by silvereyes on September 21, 2020 3:15AM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

You've been able to transmute the bad-trait one for a while now. How does this lower the demand for the desired trait even further?

(That's quite apart from any thought about the specific example of crit-stacking weapon, RIP.)
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how is this going to work? Are you going to be able to create specific weapons that you never actually got as drops??
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a complete set includes a lot of different weapon types, and dungeon weapon drops are as rare as they are now, actually completing dungeon sets and having the lowest creation price won't be all that easy.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 21, 2020 7:15AM
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is this going to work? Are you going to be able to create specific weapons that you never actually got as drops??

Nope, you can only create what you've bound by equipping. Which also looks like 3 weight monster head and shoulder pieces. And yes, I do agree with you that collecting a complete set will definitely not be a walk in the park. The system will initially favour the historical hoarders that constantly have to pull out their merchants/bankers as they go through group dungeons :D
    Options
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    Is this collection system explained anywhere?

I've read many pages of comments here and don't seem to find anything relevant elsewhere in the forums.
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, that's where planning comes in or... farming/guildstore as they have always been in the past. I personally will only be deconning overland and soloable dungeon sets to start with. That alone will free up a lot of space for me.
    Yes start farming the 50 crystal geodes now,
    peacenote wrote: »
    I think this will be a good change. :D Strikes the right balance (in my opinion me) for farming items you still need vs. keeping "just in case" items. Especially for weapons and jewelry.

I don't think it will eliminate farming. But I think people will do one or two runs instead of 25 and then just make that last piece.
    You still have the issue of very hard weighted against meta weapons, however now its an chance you the item template already and can laugh your way to the transmute station :)
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onigar wrote: »

I've read many pages of comments here and don't seem to find anything relevant elsewhere in the forums.

All of the comments here have been gleaned from watching the Bethesda ESO Dark heart of Skyrim stream on the 19th of Sept. They did say on the stream that it will be available on the PTS to test from this week, so there will be more informed Forum discussions going forward. Obviously being on PTS means what is seen there this week may still be tweaked before it goes live on 2 Nov.
    Options
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    Onigar wrote: »

All of the comments here have been gleaned from watching the Bethesda ESO Dark heart of Skyrim stream on the 19th of Sept. They did say on the stream that it will be available on the PTS to test from this week, so there will be more informed Forum discussions going forward. Obviously being on PTS means what is seen there this week may still be tweaked before it goes live on 2 Nov.

Thanks for the info.
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
    Options
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bit contradictory feelings. On the other hand I love the idea for saving up lots of space and it will be easier to get more copies of Sorrow/vMA/Spellweave infernos or other items that you would like to have several sets for different characters.

On the otherhand, this will probably drop the prices of rare item sets used in end game/PvP. Powerful Assault Staves/Shields and Mother's Sorrow staves will definietly lose their value and have some effects on game economics. But I doubt the effect is going to be too severel... Guess time will tell.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone briefly explain what is this all about please? I haven't been keeping up with the game and especially livestreams lately.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks this system is introduced to HELP US WITH INVENTORY MANAGMENT AND SETS COLLECTING NOT TO REPLACE IT. Nobody forces you to use it, it can help us but it's not meant to make traditional loot obsolete. I think it's great system that will help us a lot while it leaves traditional loot as primary way of gathering eq.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Could someone briefly explain what is this all about please? I haven't been keeping up with the game and especially livestreams lately.

I'll try to make it simple :

As of now if you get a dropped item from playing content you have two choices : keep that gear for use or later use (at the cost of so so precious inventroy/bank space), or deconstruct it.
    However, something you've deconstructed last week may be something best in slot next week - or simply something you want to try.

With next update there will be a new "gear collection" system : each time you collect a BoP item or equip a BoE item, it will be registered in your collections and all your characters with the required crafting skills will be able to re-craft the item, with the trait you want.
    This will be doable at a transmutation station and will cost transmute crystals.

There is just one word to describe this new system : AWESOME !

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 21, 2020 9:54AM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    On the otherhand, this will probably drop the prices of rare item sets used in end game/PvP. Powerful Assault Staves/Shields and Mother's Sorrow staves will definietly lose their value and have some effects on game economics.

Every change in the game's design impacts supply and demand and therefore teh market. It's not a damage though, it's adjustment.
    Yes, no more sorrow inferno staves for 300k.. those who make their gold from farming and selling those will need to find another niche, and they will.
    On the other hand, the price of CP160 mats will skyrocket for a while. I'd already be farming if the servers were up.
    Options
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...

Not realy tho i mean you allready had the items you needed and if you were not particuar lazy you could just shift it over to other chars, so you would never massfarm sets anyway.
    And whats that about ruining economy ? you cant sell 90% of the meta sets because they are only tradeable in your group and if you take openwolrd sets in consideration... well... there is maybe 10-20 sets in this game which are worth selling.

Options