The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

I guess a full set for those particualr sets just won't include the unavailable items
    PS4 EU
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This, compared with transmute crystal revamp, was the best QoL update!!! Now I can finally delete all the niche set pieces I was keeping for 'just in case', or out of fear of huge meta changes, and also all the monster sets in different weights! It will make outfitting alt characters easier too, cause we won't have to refarm additional pieces for them if we don't want to (and can spare the crystals). Awesome change!

Oh ! I didn't think of monster sets! Now I am excited!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

We'll find out tomorrow on the PTS, but I would guess that items that can't drop for a specific set will not be part of the collection.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Milo wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

So you do get ALL materials back? On stream you only got one lining back. I'm confused.

The one lining was when Rob deconned the Hat of Mother's Sorrow, @Milo.

That was a dropped gear piece from the PTS character template ... and not a Mother's Sorrow Hat created from the Collections at the Transmute Station.

I'm console, so even tho I've watched it again the UI confuses me and I'm not sure what he got back when he deconned the second hat, can someone confirm please? :D

Ah, yes, I see that now.

Likely a UI bug if Rob says the full amount of mats is refunded to you.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is such an amazing feature! I am so freaking glad this is being added to the game. I have many alts and farming for gear in trials for alts was just head banging. With this just need to get it once and add to the system via binding, boom! Can use it on any character I like. Such a great idea! Also makes me wanna get full sets of sets I’m never gunna use cas it’s collectible lol!!!

Very very happy bunny here!!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    Aegis Caller

This is interesting since you can proc the effect with a bow.

I tested it on my stamsorc a while ago and you can proc it with a bow in these ways:
    - Bash :D
    - Final tick from Shadow Silk
    - Crushing Weapon! if you crit the ability itself, not the light attack

It may have changed since then, but it was possible.
    Yes.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Did you see the part where it cost 75 transmute stones PER ITEM?

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it here.

That only depends on how many different items of that set you have found. The cost goes down with the more different pieces you get. Get a complete set and the cost is 25 crystals. If you only have 1 piece, its 75 crystals

:#
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is I wish they'd done this YEARS ago. That plus the QoL improvements for console regarding writs.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This, compared with transmute crystal revamp, was the best QoL update!!! Now I can finally delete all the niche set pieces I was keeping for 'just in case', or out of fear of huge meta changes, and also all the monster sets in different weights! It will make outfitting alt characters easier too, cause we won't have to refarm additional pieces for them if we don't want to (and can spare the crystals). Awesome change!

Oh ! I didn't think of monster sets! Now I am excited!

Does anyone know what counts as a full collection for monster sets? Head and shoulders of all weights, or just one head and one shoulder of any weight?
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, DO NOT do this with items you have upgraded to Gold, because you won't get those mats back!! It will copy the item to the list as a green item, so if you sell or deconstruct that Gold item, you will loose all those Materials and then have to use more to upgrade those items again!!

So be very, very careful. It will be good for zone, dungeon and trials items that you may not use for a while, but that's it!! It's not an actual bank or inventory space.

You know you just need to have the item bound to you to have it in the colletion...

I know that... but there is always someone who doesn't.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    They said they'll make it slightly easier to get transmute crystals in PvE.

I wasn't excited about this feature until they said that. I'm mostly a PvE player (although I have a PvP character as well). You can easily get 10 times the number of transmute crystals in PvP as you can in PvE currently, and I never thought that was fair. Looks like they're changing that, though, so thank you, kind ZOS people. <3

Although they said they will make it “slightly” easier to get transmute crystals in PVE, considering you usually get 2 crystals from doing a HM Vet dungeon, I think they need to change their generosity to “considerably easier”.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, when. Rob said you get the transmutes back if you decon the items, I legit fell off my chair in excitement.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will our set collections be updated with pieces we already have prior to the update, or is it going to be like when jewelry crafting came out and you couldn't decon stuff from before that update and had to farm new stuff to decon?

Ideconning as noting to do with it
    To collect an itemyou simply need to equip it to make it bound to you and boom that item is now reconstructible
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    To confirm; do monster sets get added too?

Cos heck, over 50% of my bank is full of monster set pieces in various weights and traits.. ‘just in case’ 😅
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    We'll have to wait until Monday to check, but I have a feeling that Monster Sets won't be part of the system... If they did, that could in some way mess up with the undaunted keys system. But I hope I'm wrong and that they are indeed included in this change.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »
    We'll have to wait until Monday to check, but I have a feeling that Monster Sets won't be part of the system... If they did, that could in some way mess up with the undaunted keys system. But I hope I'm wrong and that they are indeed included in this change.

Monster Sets are confirmed per @ZOS_RobGarrett from today's ESO Live.

The only question (to be answered on Monday) is whether all weights are needed or just a head/shoulder of any weight.

Arena weapons are also confirmed ... as they were shown by Rob on the stream (including weapons from the new Arena).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 20, 2020 5:42AM
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »

Monster Sets are confirmed per @ZOS_RobGarrett from today's ESO Live.

The only question (to be answered on Monday) is whether all weights are needed or just a head/shoulder of any weight.

Arena weapons are also confirmed ... as they were shown by Rob on the stream (including weapons from the new Arena).

Good! I hadn't noticed him mention this.

As for the weights, we'll probably have to unlock each one separately. You can see in the image where it shows the Impregnable Armor set that there is 3 of each piece.
    Y7sntAa.jpg
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder whether the "Armor of the Trainee" set will be put in miscellanous.

In the stream, they said we wouldn't be able to reconstruct items at a lesser quality tier than the minimal one at which the item can be found in game (for example, monster masks would be purple upwards). So I am wondering whether we'll be able to create the leveling advisor sets (prophet, broken soul, ...) at any level, or only at the specific levels at which they drop.
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

I do hope they revert it! It'd give us more stuff to collect, it would give the 'useless' weapons a purpose (reducing the cost of reconstructing), and now that we can secure an access to any gear we find, it is (slightly) less annoying to find 'useless' weapons, as any access unlocked is definitive and replicable on other characters.

Also, this system could open a market in guilds for the set pieces none wants to wear, since the collectors will want to own them anyways. It might also open a market for lesser used style materials, as specific style materials seem necessary to reconstruct sets. I am wondering whether they'll introduce style materials for the gear that drops in unique styles, like maelstropm weapons or undaunted headgear.

I am really excited for this new system! This'll be a game changing update!

Edited by VerboseQuips on September 20, 2020 7:00AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question, what will happen for "unique" item dungeon drops?

For example, dungeon bosses will drop a generic necklace/shield/weapon and a named version of the item. I'm guessing they go into the "sticker book" as the generic name and be recreated as the generic name
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't solve any of the problems I have. I'm not going to decon a gold set of jewelry to reconstruct it in white or green when they, in the end, change their mind a year later and decide to rebuff the set....

Prices for gold mats are already plenty high right now...
  • lozq
    lozq
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome. What's MORE awesome is how happy everyone is about it - barely any snipping and moaning for once!

I can finally get rid of all those charged VO axes and healer sets I've been saving for 'when I make a healer' haha
    Quinnine | Tankblade | PC NA
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who is making the addon to show what items are not unlocked in our stickerbook? Kind of like the addon that checks if an item in your inventory has a trait you need to research, but this one lets you know you need to equip this item to bind it and therefore add it to your stickerbook.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question, what will happen for "unique" item dungeon drops?

For example, dungeon bosses will drop a generic necklace/shield/weapon and a named version of the item. I'm guessing they go into the "sticker book" as the generic name and be recreated as the generic name

Wouldn't it be better just to name your own items? Would be pretty cool to have custom names for our gear, although I do like the unique names too.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree that people will start farming.

Everyone will want EVERY piece of gear in their sticker book as it will bug them if not -many 'completionists' in this game.

The harder stuff to get, useless or not, will sell again.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can gear be obtained at one level then reconstructed in another? For example, if I get gear on at level 20, can I reconstruct a level 50 CP 160 version of that gear?

Also, can you reconstruct to any level you want? For example, a level 20 monster set.

So looking forward to playing with this on PTS soon.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂

You should be watching. Rob just gives good news

I don't have the data to watch streams. I just have to hope I can find a "news" article or something before too long.

This may have been answered already, so please forgive me if it is.

a) The first time you login on each character, all your bound items will be added to your set collection.
    b) Once bound, you can decon it. You will receive the normal rng amount of mats from this, depending on crafting skills.
    c) If you wish to craft a new one (reconstructing), you will go to the transmute station. The station will show you how many mats and trait items you need to reconstruct, depending on the quality you wish. You can only craft items in the quality they could drop, so monster items will always be purple or higher. It will also ask for transmute crystals.
    d) The amount of crystals needed varies on how complete your set is, from 75 to 25 crystals.
    e) If you decide to decon your reconstructed item, you will get all your mats, trait items and transmute crystals refunded.
    f) You cannot sell reconstructed items, and you cannot use them for research. They can only be worn. They are bound.
    g) There appears to be no style selection, it is crafted in it's default style with no use of style mats. Because of point e) you obviously won't get style mats back from deconning.
    h) They have upped the transmute crystal cap to 1000 for ESO+ and 500 for non-subscribers.
    i) They are planning on creating more Transmute drops for PVE type scenarios.

I can hardly wait. I am going to build a laager of my storage chests around my crafting stations and spend a day dusting off, equipping and deconning my hoard. As a healer with 13 alts, I have soooo many spare sets for just in case/content type etc. Also, this is going to trigger the completionist in me and I am probably going to start and epic farm to complete my collections. Aaaargh! :D
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on September 20, 2020 8:47AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.
    This has been the case since we got transmute.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is awesome. What's MORE awesome is how happy everyone is about it - barely any snipping and moaning for once!

...There is simply nothing to complain about, this feature seems as perfect as it should be :) Except, I wish this system was added years ago :(
    I already dream about all the free inventory space. Transmute crystals cap increase is awesome as well!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

...There is simply nothing to complain about, this feature seems as perfect as it should be :) Except, I wish this system was added years ago :(

Yeah lol. I can't count how many times I've deleted set items just to make room.

This is awesome and a game changer. Even more so for those who don't have ESO+ who will now actually have some room in their bank for mats.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I'm a bit worried about transmute costs, though, hopefully they will make it easier to farm them in pve.
    But overall it sounds like an amazing feature, especially if it works on arena weapons.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU