The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news indeed. After coming back to the game a couple of years ago, my grand master crafter has basically only made beginner's leveling gear for others. It will be nice to actually craft stuff for myself again.

This will not make me farm less. Quite the contrary: it will mean a huge spike in my own interest in farming. When farmed items can be saved as a checkbox in a UI panel and no longer need to take up any slots in storage, I can farm for 100% completion of all sets I would possibly want to run some time in the future. And knowing myself all too well, I think that is exactly what I will do, at least for a while.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I'm a bit worried about transmute costs, though, hopefully they will make it easier to farm them in pve.
    But overall it sounds like an amazing feature, especially if it works on arena weapons.
    @LadyNalcarya they mentioned on stream they're looking into addressing the PvE ways to obtain transmutation crystals.
    Also increasing the limit you can hold from 100/200 to 500/1000 standard/ESO+
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Great news! I'm a bit worried about transmute costs, though, hopefully they will make it easier to farm them in pve.
    But overall it sounds like an amazing feature, especially if it works on arena weapons.
    @LadyNalcarya they mentioned on stream they're looking into addressing the PvE ways to obtain transmutation crystals.
    Also increasing the limit you can hold from 100/200 to 500/1000 standard/ESO+

This is awesome, thank you. :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    How do you think this will impact the golden vendor? Will it make it less relevant?
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »
    How do you think this will impact the golden vendor? Will it make it less relevant?

I'm more likely to buy "useless" sets from the golden to tick all the boxes.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a thought - they can now raise the gear level cap and no more refarming! I bet it's what it's leading up to
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Had a thought - they can now raise the gear level cap and no more refarming! I bet it's what it's leading up to

Cursed comment.

I hope not. There’s literally no reason to raise gear cap.
    Options
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

But... this is what I always do... buy cheap - upgrade - re-enchant and transmute as required
    Edited by Deter1UK on September 20, 2020 10:35AM
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    Xebov wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

That raises a question. If reconstruction work this way, what about Transmutation? After all transmutation costs 50 crystals and would be twice as expansive, while also not refunding crystals. For players that gathered most or all items from a set there is little reason to use transmutation.

If you get a gold jewel from a trial, I'd rather transmute that for 50 transmute crystals instead of reconstructing it with 4 gold chromium platings AND 25 crystals personally.

Thats the extreme where its betetr to transmute it. For more common items however it is likely cheaper to just recreate it.

I think it just depends on what you have. Since transmute crystals aren't tradeable, they don't really have a static value across the playerbase. For instance, it may be better for some who don't have a whole lot of transmutes to reconstruct, but if someone has a ton of them and doesn't want to spend gold mats or trait items like potent nirn then it may just better to do a transmute. Or if the set is out of reach like you don't wanna farm the remaining items if it's a hard trial like perfected sets from vSS or vCR, then it would still cost the same or more to reconstruct. I don't think the 50 transmutes needs to be changed personally. I think it really depends on multiple factors which will change depending on the player. How easy will it be to get transmutes for pve players, and do they have a solid way of getting all the items for the set needed to bring the cost down below 50.

What im thinking about is this: If i need a specific dungeon set or a weapon set i can collect it. Later i can look at the traits and for items with the wrong trait it will be cheaper to just recreate it compared to transmute it. For example: I need a masters bow, i get one, but it has the wrong trait. Transmuting will be 50, but recreation will be 25. So its cheaper for me to throw the item i got away and just build a new one.

What could be suitable here is to reduce the transmute cost together with recreation cost and allow decon of transmute items to also yield transmute crystals.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very excited - for me this is one of best game changes ever. Now I will keep only golden and purple jewelry and some favourite sets - so there will be more space for furniture and other stuff :)

Also it triggers my collecting fetish beacuse I love to collect things in ESO. I have almost all styles, 80% of furniture recipes and I was afraid that after completing that there will be no new goal except only new recipes and styles. But, oh man - completing all sets when every update have so many new ones - that's fun for years! That also reason to refresh every content of game what is also really good motivation to play more. That's really great beacuse in MMO it's important to give long term goals for players who just want to do something and achive something more. For me it's not only QoL change but also completely new game acitivity :)

Thx ZOS - I expected from Markarth DLC only new zone with standard content so this change with new solo arena were a really good surprises :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • balthasars_darksideb16_ESO
    With the set collection
    you finally have a good excuse for that "I stalk your loot drops" addon
    with the automated message "Do you need xyz-item?"
    - Yes, I need it for my collection - beautiful
    Options
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...

No.

Just no.

1 - People will be even more apt to buy pieces from guild stores because this will push the "gotta have them all" mentality.

2 - Collecting all pieces reduces transmute costs, so there's that. It's incentive to buy the pieces you don't have from the markets.

3 - Farming isn't going anywhere. Farming six times for the same head or leg you deconned last week is going away, though.
    Options
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    The only question I have about this (and I'm sure it's answered somewhere and I just overlooked it) - are reconned items bound? I'd assume so... otherwise I could recon 15 staves and flood the market with them.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only question I have about this (and I'm sure it's answered somewhere and I just overlooked it) - are reconned items bound? I'd assume so... otherwise I could recon 15 staves and flood the market with them.

yes :)
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I woke up this morning really looking forward to playing some ESO. This upcoming change has totally re-invigorated my enjoyment of this game. I can’t wait to start farming every set in this game for my collections.

With this, plus the writ and inventory quality of life changes, ZOS is clearly listening to feedback from the community. I love it.
    Options
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game just got 100% better! I love the changes. Thank you ZOS.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now all they need to do is add a whole bunch of achievements for collecting set pieces and it will have people grinding like never before... and still selling stuff so the market remains strong.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Can gear be obtained at one level then reconstructed in another? For example, if I get gear on at level 20, can I reconstruct a level 50 CP 160 version of that gear?

Also, can you reconstruct to any level you want? For example, a level 20 monster set.

So looking forward to playing with this on PTS soon.

Its only confirmed that you cant reconstruct an item that cant drop
    For exemple a green monter set
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on September 21, 2020 1:20AM
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To what end ? Everything will just scale back to were we are. I would just end up being useless
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    Can gear be obtained at one level then reconstructed in another? For example, if I get gear on at level 20, can I reconstruct a level 50 CP 160 version of that gear?

Also, can you reconstruct to any level you want? For example, a level 20 monster set.

So looking forward to playing with this on PTS soon.

Its only confirmed that you carn reconstruct an item that cant drop
    For exemple a green monter set

So no level 10 monster sets or vMA weapons either!

I rewatched it and didn't see a level select when he reconned the hat so guessing either it's only made at your character level or only at 160
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To what end ? Everything will just scale back to were we are. I would just end up being useless

They've stopped cp increases for 2 years now while they "look at" the system as well as promising they won't make everyone regrind for gear if they increase the cap - this sounds an awful lot like a solution to the second point!

Part of the cp rework could include gear cap increases, possibly even replacing cp entirely.

Anyway, we don't know anything so it's all just speculation - I like to think through the implications of things! :)
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think this will be a boost to farming and the economy. I am not going to spend hours farming for all the hats and shoulders that I deconned due to using monster sets, so I'll definitely be visiting guild traders looking for them. I will also need so many weapons and shields for magic sets and staves from stamina sets etc that this will keep me busy for quite some time, and spending gold. Whereas before I'd decon useless parts of a set, now I can add them to the collection and sell duplicates in the guild store. As far as the concern of people buying cheap items with a rubbish trait instead of dropping thousands on good ones, we've been able to do that for years. Not everyone will have the required crafting levels or even access to transmute stations, enough stones etc to be able to do this, so I believe the market for good traits will still be there.

Personally I will be so happy to get rid of those dungeon sets I've been sat on since 2014...
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question regarding old named weapons that hasn't dropped since One Tamriel, like Relics of the Physician, Ansur and Volar's Crescent Staff. Will these end up in the system as well, or should I keep hoarding these pretty useless but still nice items?
    EU PC
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Did you see the part where it cost 75 transmute stones PER ITEM?

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it here.

It costs 75 transmute crystals per item if you only have one item of a 'Set' as I understand it, if, on the other hand you have a complete set like say Mother's Sorrow that cost is reduced to 25 transmute crystals per item.

They are also "Tweaking" how we can source Transmute Crystals from PvE and PvP areas.

The amount of Transmute crystals you can hold will be increased from 100 crystals to 500 crystals for none subscribers and from 200 crystals to 1,000 crystals for Subscribers.

As I understand it, If you were to deconstruct a Legend (Gold) quality item you would not get back ALL the mats from the 'first' deconstruct BUT when you reconstruct the same item you will have the option to 'change' its Trait, it will also cost you the correct amount of Tannin (8 for Draugh Wax) ... Then if, in the future you again decide to deconstruct that item you will get back ALL of the Matts spent on that item.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Free space in my bags, my bank n my boxes! Yay!
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...

I'm pretty sure crafted items via set collections will be bound to account...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, now here is a question, the quality has to be the same or greater, but what about the level. Mind you, most of my characters are maxed but worm on a level 3 would be a game changer.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys but there is sth that doesnt sit right for me.

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's probably crystals coming to Crown Store aka more money made.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on September 20, 2020 4:41PM
    Options
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    carly wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

He said this in the stream, but he paid 75 crystals to reconstruct the item, and it looked like he only actually got back 25 crystals?

I personally think you should get some of the crystals back, not all of them - otherwise you don't need to get crystals ever again once you have enough for one complete set... (Except for transmutes on non-reconned gear, I guess)

[edited. I posted the below statement before I read Rob's post clarifying his statement on the stream]

I noticed the same error. I think his statement was wrong, and the game behaved the way it will at release of the feature. They are almost certainly going to have transmute crystals for purchase in the Crown Store based on the "we're also investigating additional sourcing improvments in the future, but we're not ready to talk about that right now". So that would help the resource sink and promote CS purchases.

Edited by DigitalHype on September 20, 2020 4:45PM
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

Will we be able to reconstruct items at variable levels?
    If I have collected pieces of a set found by different level characters in my roster, can I reconstruct those items at a specific level?
    If I have the Hide of the Werewolf set in my Collection (just as an example; I spend a lot of time in Glenumbra), and I want to create leveling gear with the Training trait for future alts, can I reconstruct various level gear in that set?
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • thegreat_one
      thegreat_one
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sorry guys but there is sth that doesnt sit right for me.

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's probably crystals coming to Crown Store aka more money made.

They will be adding more PVE ways of getting crystals. And you only need 25k AP per toon for the 50 transmutes. That's 10 resources which any capable Pver should be able to do.
      Options