Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SQUEEEEE I can finally use 7 storage chests plus 20% of my bank for something other than armor sets!!!!

FUUUUUUU for all the sets I've deconned because I hadn't used them for 3+ years....
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it counts for your sticker book simply by having a bound item on you, can you pull a Burning Spellweave Inferno staff, pass it to your other 3 group members so they all get the sticker?

Bound items can't be traded. So once you bind that staff to you for the sticker - that's it.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Did you see the part where it cost 75 transmute stones PER ITEM?

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it hear.

It will go down to 25 if all pieces of the set are unlocked also you can now get 500/1000 transmute
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂

You should be watching. Rob just gives good news

I don't have the data to watch streams. I just have to hope I can find a "news" article or something before too long.

This is how it works:

Every time you equip an item and it gets bound to your account, it will automatically be added to your collection. There's a new tab in the collections menu for it.
    HcY0alO.png

Once an item is collected you can make copies of it at a transmute station. You can choose the quality and a trait for the copy, but you have to know the appropriate crafting skill (blacksmithing for heavy armor for example).
    You have to pay the upgrade mats and some transmute crystals.
    ljponMl.png

The crystal cost decreases if you collect more items from that set. The highest price shown was 75 if you only have 1 item and the lowest was 25 if you have the whole set.
    If you deconstruct any of those copies you'll get all the mats back.

Thanks! This seems like a really great thing for the game, all around to free up inventory space and reduce grinding. I may actually go do vMA again, now, since I’ll be able to craft perfected staves after just one lucky drop.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, DO NOT do this with items you have upgraded to Gold, because you won't get those mats back!! It will copy the item to the list as a green item, so if you sell or deconstruct that Gold item, you will loose all those Materials and then have to use more to upgrade those items again!!

So be very, very careful. It will be good for zone, dungeon and trials items that you may not use for a while, but that's it!! It's not an actual bank or inventory space.

You know you just need to have the item bound to you to have it in the colletion...
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!
    Edited by ZOS_RobGarrett on September 19, 2020 10:55PM
    Rob Garrett
    Lead Gameplay Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you'd added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

Thank you for the clarification.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system is interesting and a good idea to keep ppl bussy on a long run. With all these sets there is alot of work to do to gather them all and with the amounts of sets and rng it makes sense. In the end how to farm a set might split abit. Armor will likely still be farmed, while weapons are more likely will be build. For overland drops it will depend on how easy transmutation crystals can be get. I doubt that ppl will just build everything

There are however some questions left.
    - He said that having a full set drops the cost to 25 transmute crystals per item. Transmutation costs 50, which means it will be cheaper to build the item with the right trait than to transmute it. Except maybe for golden jewelry.
    - He said that you get the materials you used up back, which was not the case. This is also in contrast with transmutation where this is not the case.

Question is will transmutation cost also drop and will decon of transmutated items also result in crystals being returned?
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

That raises a question. If reconstruction work this way, what about Transmutation? After all transmutation costs 50 crystals and would be twice as expansive, while also not refunding crystals. For players that gathered most or all items from a set there is little reason to use transmutation.
  • Murkleton02
    Murkleton02
    Soul Shriven
    They are updating inventory and bank space as well? or do you just mean that'll be affected by this set collection?
  • Milo
    Milo
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

So you do get ALL materials back? On stream you only got one lining back. I'm confused.
  • Murkleton02
    Murkleton02
    Soul Shriven
    Xebov wrote: »
    Hey all,

That raises a question. If reconstruction work this way, what about Transmutation? After all transmutation costs 50 crystals and would be twice as expansive, while also not refunding crystals. For players that gathered most or all items from a set there is little reason to use transmutation.

If you get a gold jewel from a trial, I'd rather transmute that for 50 transmute crystals instead of reconstructing it with 4 gold chromium platings AND 25 crystals personally.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...

Literally nothing like Destiny 2 as no one pulls from collections in D2 because of random rolls but go off

Really pleased to see this come to ESO. Can't wait to reclaim some inventory space for those "maybe someday" sets.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...

The static rolls ruined farming in D2, most people are currently begging to be able to pull out static rolls of the new gear they've collected. I don't think me not having to run a dungeon for the umpteenth time after a set I deconned months ago suddenly becomes best in slot will be bad for the economy. Overland sets are all cheap currently save for a couple specific cases and I don't imagine their price will drop all that much. Most of the more valuable pieces don't drop readily and there will likely still be impatient players who just want to get a whole set unlocked for the lower transmute cost. The other aspect now is that the diehard collectors will suddenly have a reason to pick up every piece of gear to check it off on their collection screen, which might actually raise the prices for a lot of gear, at least in the short term.

I am ecstatic for this change as I will finally have bank space again.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

If you get a gold jewel from a trial, I'd rather transmute that for 50 transmute crystals instead of reconstructing it with 4 gold chromium platings AND 25 crystals personally.

Thats the extreme where its betetr to transmute it. For more common items however it is likely cheaper to just recreate it.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really digging this new system. Also, it creates incentive for me to go out and collect/finish sets I normally wouldn't worry so much about, just to satisfy the completionist in me.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will our set collections be updated with pieces we already have prior to the update, or is it going to be like when jewelry crafting came out and you couldn't decon stuff from before that update and had to farm new stuff to decon?
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will our set collections be updated with pieces we already have prior to the update, or is it going to be like when jewelry crafting came out and you couldn't decon stuff from before that update and had to farm new stuff to decon?
    Yes. They said when you login the first time to any of your toons, any set pieces you already have bound to you or you equip a set item that is not bound to you yet will automatically be added to your collections. :)
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really digging this new system. Also, it creates incentive for me to go out and collect/finish sets I normally wouldn't worry so much about, just to satisfy the completionist in me.
    I agree. This actually gives a bit more purpose to those "trash" pieces from sets that we usually sell/decon right of the bat. I just hope it's truly as good as it seems. We will find out soon!
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

The point is, you can do both. It doesn't matter what you do with it after it's bound so it doesn't matter if you carry on using it - it's still added to your collection so other characters can use it as well
    PS4 EU
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.

I mean, what stops me from buying a defending staff now and transmuting it to precise? The transmutation system has been in game for years now.

What this is going to do, is raise interest in "off-weapons" for a set because people will want to complete their collections in order to lower the cost of crafting those items.

So if you find a Battle Axe of a Mother's Sorrow, don't decon it just yet. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Murkleton02
    Murkleton02
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all,

Thats the extreme where its betetr to transmute it. For more common items however it is likely cheaper to just recreate it.

I think it just depends on what you have. Since transmute crystals aren't tradeable, they don't really have a static value across the playerbase. For instance, it may be better for some who don't have a whole lot of transmutes to reconstruct, but if someone has a ton of them and doesn't want to spend gold mats or trait items like potent nirn then it may just better to do a transmute. Or if the set is out of reach like you don't wanna farm the remaining items if it's a hard trial like perfected sets from vSS or vCR, then it would still cost the same or more to reconstruct. I don't think the 50 transmutes needs to be changed personally. I think it really depends on multiple factors which will change depending on the player. How easy will it be to get transmutes for pve players, and do they have a solid way of getting all the items for the set needed to bring the cost down below 50.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    <snip>
    So if you find a Battle Axe of a Mother's Sorrow, don't decon it just yet. :-)

ROFL! I just picked up one of those today out of a chest!

• Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wouldn't be in a rush to start deconning things. Anyone who has been on the game for a decent amount of time has seen plenty of bugs and slip ups.

Wouldn't hurt to make sure the system is working as intended before you clean the bank out.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am incredibly excited by this new system !

I hope there'll be some icon/tooltip indicating whether a set item already is in collections or isn't yet. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milo wrote: »
    Hey all,

So you do get ALL materials back? On stream you only got one lining back. I'm confused.

The one lining was when Rob deconned the Hat of Mother's Sorrow, @Milo.

That was a dropped gear piece from the PTS character template ... and not a Mother's Sorrow Hat created from the Collections at the Transmute Station.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

That was a dropped gear piece from the PTS character template ... and not a Mother's Sorrow Hat created from the Collections at the Transmute Station.

I'm console, so even tho I've watched it again the UI confuses me and I'm not sure what he got back when he deconned the second hat, can someone confirm please? :D
    PS4 EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

Agreed. I've never understood why they feel it necessary to prevent melee-proc ranged weapons from dropping. You could still benefit from the 4th piece with a bow, so they're not completely useless. Even if they were, ZOS shouldn't presume to dictate what pieces players choose to run. They haven't gotten rid of other, similarly suboptimal gear, like named lightning staves of the Dreugh King Slayer (whose fifth piece is similarly useless if you already have Major Brutality or are running a traditional magdps). And if they just want to get rid of all non-BiS pieces, they'll need to cut probably 90% of dropped gear game-wide...
  • Milo
    Milo
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Well, no you can watch it again. He reconstructed it, then reconstructed the same item. Somebody in this thread made a post about it with a twitchclip can't be bothered to search for it though.

But I am 100% positive he deconstruct the item he created.