The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there's an icon in the inventory to say if you have bound it before or not, so that you don't accidentally sell/decon ones you dont have.

Most sets are worthless to me, but i'm going to want them all now that there is a list...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how is this going to work? Are you going to be able to create specific weapons that you never actually got as drops??

Nope, you can only create what you've bound by equipping. Which also looks like 3 weight monster head and shoulder pieces. And yes, I do agree with you that collecting a complete set will definitely not be a walk in the park. The system will initially favour the historical hoarders that constantly have to pull out their merchants/bankers as they go through group dungeons :D

Ohhhh. That's a bummer.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys but there is sth that doesnt sit right for me.

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's probably crystals coming to Crown Store aka more money made.

It's not all that hard. I play PvE but I run all 13 of my toons through Cyrodiil's 30 day campaign in a month if I need to load up on transmutes. That will give me 650 crystals. It takes about an hour per toon to get the 28k AP needed for tier 1 rewards (50 crystals) Quicker if I join a zerg :)

Bear in mind the fact that they said they will be providing more drop alternatives for PvE transmutes and it only takes 25 crystals per item if you know all the set pieces.

This may work for you. But I dont have 13 toons, only 4 and no time to lvl up more.

Still not persuaded that this system helps. An increase in bank space would be way more beneficial. It is easier to farm set items than gather the crystals required to reconstruct them.

Actually all these happened as the reason to introduce crystals in Crown Store.

As a hopeless digital hoarder, more bank/inventory space would only be a costly short-term temporary fix, like it’s always been. This is a much much better solution about which I’m very ecstatic 🤩
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Sorry guys but there is sth that doesnt sit right for me.

Let's say you want to delete 10 set items (2 x 5 same set items) to empty space. To reconstruct those items you re gonna need 750 crystals? That makes no sense. We keep those items because we want to have them available at all times. How is someone going to collect so many crystals? You ll need to play Cyro and do dungeons all day for 1 month with various toons and still wont be enough.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is gonna work. Maybe there is sth I dont understand and I am wrong. Instead of implementing a useless system like this one, they could simply upgrade bank space by 50-100 slots.

It's probably crystals coming to Crown Store aka more money made.

I think a lot of people are a bit over-eager to decon everything but what their character is wearing.

This is meant more for things that you keep "just in case", not necessarily gear that you are currently using.

But let's say that you deconned everything but the set that you are wearing and the meta changes. You have the gear you need in the sticker book and you reconstruct it, at an average cost of 50 transmute stones because you didn't have the full sets, so you only got a partial discount. You spent 500 transmute stones and you are good to go.

In 6 months, the meta changes and you want to change your gear. You decon your set, and you get your mats back, plus 250 stones. But you also got more transmute stones in the meantime, even if you didn't farm them. AND the sets you are looking at crafting now are all fully in the sticker book, so you'll only pay 25 transmute crystals per item.

So there will be an initial investment, but in the long term, this is pretty much going to be self-sustaining.

At some point faaarrr down the line, we’ll all be storing reconstructed gear in our inventories because we have 500/1000 transmute stones and won’t want to lose the transmute stones we would get back since we’re at the new cap! 🤣
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is this going to work? Are you going to be able to create specific weapons that you never actually got as drops??

The system will initially favour the historical hoarders that constantly have to pull out their merchants/bankers as they go through group dungeons :D

You are specifically talking about me here, I know you are 🤪
    Edited by Elvenheart on September 21, 2020 3:17PM
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

The system will initially favour the historical hoarders that constantly have to pull out their merchants/bankers as they go through group dungeons :D

Inb4 “no gear before this point will be able to be added to collections” just like with jewelrycrafting
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

An toast from this one.
    H4r0jrZh.png
    Knew I had to do an purge soon, now it will be on duplicates. Do I need all that ebon gear, yes I might make another tank :)
    Also all the other sets.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I hope there's an icon in the inventory to say if you have bound it before or not, so that you don't accidentally sell/decon ones you dont have.

Most sets are worthless to me, but i'm going to want them all now that there is a list...

I just logged in to the PTS and can confirm that each item has "Collected" or "Not Collected" on the upper right corner of the tooltip, right under the "Bound" or "Bind on Equip" notice.

Also, sets like Spider Cultist only require destro staves to complete the weapons part of the collection because that's the only weapon that drops for that set.

EDIT: Oh, and Monster sets have slots for each weight.
    Edited by AlnilamE on September 21, 2020 7:30PM
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see more daily pledges will be run with more hard mode.

I wonder if the opportunity to get more transmute crystals from PVE activities will be hard mode on each boss (like I've read about).
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Technopium
    Technopium
    ✭✭✭
    link to video ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see more daily pledges will be run with more hard mode.

I wonder if the opportunity to get more transmute crystals from PVE activities will be hard mode on each boss (like I've read about).
    Rare not to have the non dlc run without HM even in pugs. Think custom is if your not up for HM go normal.

And HM on bosses would be fun, it would not make the dungeon much harder unless they go crazy like vBC1 and vSC1 who is to hard for an 1 dungeon, no issue for a 2.
    But vBC2 HM is easier than vBC1 HM if you have an decent tank and healer and non terrible dps in an low cp group.

And it will encourage people to do optional bosses.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technopium wrote: »
    link to video ?

https://twitch.tv/bethesda/videos

its around 1:54:00 into the video
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on September 21, 2020 7:50PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the bank space this frees up will be tremendous...there will be unintended consequences.

1. After an initial surge in prices for stuff, the market will tank. I personally don't care about this since there are tons of ways to make gold in the game, and I dont even care about gold anyway.
    2. People will run dungeons and trials far less often. This will lead to exacerbated problems in filling a pug group, either through zone chat, or the group finder itself. In fact, even guildees will be less motivated to run a dungeon or trial they have run 50 times before and have all the pieces from. The largest motivation for dungeons and trials will shift from gear to achievments.
    3. Fewer people running dungeons for gear will lead to more motivated people in pug groups running for skins/motifs/achievements...this will likely increase the skill of your average pug.

I can't determine on balance whether this will be a positive or negative change for the game to be honest....fewer groups means less social interaction....which is a death knell for MMOs in general. I guess in the end it doesn't make that big a difference as long as new players continue to flock to the game though.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    While the bank space this frees up will be tremendous...there will be unintended consequences.

1. After an initial surge in prices for stuff, the market will tank. I personally don't care about this since there are tons of ways to make gold in the game, and I dont even care about gold anyway.
    2. People will run dungeons and trials far less often. This will lead to exacerbated problems in filling a pug group, either through zone chat, or the group finder itself. In fact, even guildees will be less motivated to run a dungeon or trial they have run 50 times before and have all the pieces from. The largest motivation for dungeons and trials will shift from gear to achievments.
    3. Fewer people running dungeons for gear will lead to more motivated people in pug groups running for skins/motifs/achievements...this will likely increase the skill of your average pug.

I can't determine on balance whether this will be a positive or negative change for the game to be honest....fewer groups means less social interaction....which is a death knell for MMOs in general. I guess in the end it doesn't make that big a difference as long as new players continue to flock to the game though.

For sets that I want, I'll run the dungeon up to the last piece. Spellpower Cure Battle Axe, here I come!

And also just for completionist purposes, since having empty slots in a collection is sad.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great news! Now, if they would just do something like the crafting bag for our housing items; all items in one place and properly categorized.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

Just tested this on PTS and it seems you get 25 crystals every time per your comment above and seemingly none of the upgrade mats. @ZOS_RobGarrett - can you clarify if this is intentional as it pretty fundamentally changes the impact of this system.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're pleased to see all the reactions and discussion regarding the Item Set Collection system we unveiled on ESO Live today. I'm just stopping in to correct an error I made while describing the feature during the demo. I stated that, when deconstructing a reconstructed item, players would be refunded the full material cost, including the Transmute Crystals. This is not entirely accurate, as some folks watching the stream noticed when I deconstructed the item.

When deconstructing reconstructed items, you are always refunded 25 Transmute Crystals. As I mentioned on stream, the Transmute Crystal cost for reconstruction goes down with every item you've added to your collection. When set collections are completed, the cost for reconstruction is 25 Transmute Crystals, which matches the refund you receive when deconstructing those items. This is part of the incentive for completing a set collection.

So a more accurate description would have been: Players who reconstruct items from completed collections receive a full refund when deconstructing those items.

Sorry for any confusion, and we're looking forward to folks jumping into the system on PTS next week!

Just tested this on PTS and it seems you get 25 crystals every time per your comment above and seemingly none of the upgrade mats. @ZOS_RobGarrett - can you clarify if this is intentional as it pretty fundamentally changes the impact of this system.

PTS patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546419/pts-patch-notes-v6-2-0
    Your newly-created item will be marked as “reconstructed” and cannot be traded or sold, but you can deconstruct it to get a small refund of 25 Transmute Crystals.

Nowhere is it mentioned that there are any mats refunded. Pretty sure this is intentional.
    Edited by silvereyes on September 22, 2020 10:22PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Hey all,

PTS patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546419/pts-patch-notes-v6-2-0
    Your newly-created item will be marked as “reconstructed” and cannot be traded or sold, but you can deconstruct it to get a small refund of 25 Transmute Crystals.

Nowhere is it mentioned that there are any mats refunded. Pretty sure this is intentional.

It is mentioned, though — Rob Garrett on the 19th wrote on the forums (edit: see above) to clarify that we would get a “full refund” of mats if we have a complete set. At the beginning of the post, he even pointed to his claim about getting all the *crystals* back as the error with his statement of a “full refund,” so his claim about getting all the mats back (but only 25 crystals) should stand. But it stands in direct contradiction to what we’re seeing on the PTS.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 22, 2020 10:26PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hey all,

PTS patch notes:

It is mentioned, though — Rob Garrett on the 19th wrote on the forums (edit: see above) to clarify that we would get a “full refund” of mats if we have a complete set. At the beginning of the post, he even pointed to his claim about getting all the *crystals* back as the error with his statement of a “full refund,” so his claim about getting all the mats back (but only 25 crystals) should stand. But it stands in direct contradiction to what we’re seeing on the PTS.
    To clarify, I meant that refunded mats aren't mentioned in the patch notes. So at least it seems intentional for this incremental. Still, it would be good to hear back from the source.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

PTS patch notes:

To clarify, I meant that refunded mats aren't mentioned in the patch notes. So at least it seems intentional for this incremental. Still, it would be good to hear back from the source.

Yes, that's true, and agreed. Here's hoping they get it together sooner rather than later.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic news. I am currently on like my 30th run trying to get a Medusa lightning staff.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great news! Now, if they would just do something like the crafting bag for our housing items; all items in one place and properly categorized.
    An point, today this one uses houses to store furniture:)
    Edited by zaria on September 24, 2020 10:53AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

I am running PUGs now for the skillpoints. Too many alts learning crafting in my case. It takes a while to get everyone up and I am still working on it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

I would assume that you won't need bows or staves to complete the set with these.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a nice QOL improvement!
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

A question
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

Are you going to revert these changes then? Would be nice, cause some people have those wepons, but we can't obtain them anymore to complete our collections.

Agreed. I've never understood why they feel it necessary to prevent melee-proc ranged weapons from dropping. You could still benefit from the 4th piece with a bow, so they're not completely useless. Even if they were, ZOS shouldn't presume to dictate what pieces players choose to run. They haven't gotten rid of other, similarly suboptimal gear, like named lightning staves of the Dreugh King Slayer (whose fifth piece is similarly useless if you already have Major Brutality or are running a traditional magdps). And if they just want to get rid of all non-BiS pieces, they'll need to cut probably 90% of dropped gear game-wide...

This is a weird one indeed, with for example sheer venom, I can have the 5pc bonus active on a melee weapon but if I swap cancel my poison injection from my bow bar, it still procs the set, but it also procs my backbar enchant and(I'm not 100% sure on this,) masters bow bonus.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

PTS patch notes:

You get the 25 transmute crystals back. Cost of making the item is just 25 crystals if you have the full set.
    It looks like deconstructing only give standard deconstruct with tempers back.
    This is not an system for long term store golded items, its to make all set craftable in practice, still an cost to make them.

For players like me who tend to hang on to stuff simply as it can be hard to get again its very nice.
    Already started getting rid of duplicates of weapons, blue jewelry and duplicate monster sets / weights I don't plan to use next month.
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett will historic sets we have had bound still count or only the items we have at the DLC release?
    If I'm not mistaken, I watched a YouTube video (Miss Bizz, maybe?) and I'm pretty sure any items she had that were already bound were already in her sticker book. For the rest, she had to go in and equip them for them to move into the book.

And it took her a while. 😂
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    I'm mourning all the set pieces I didn't find the room to store at this point. 😂😂😂
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett will historic sets we have had bound still count or only the items we have at the DLC release?
    If I'm not mistaken, I watched a YouTube video (Miss Bizz, maybe?) and I'm pretty sure any items she had that were already bound were already in her sticker book. For the rest, she had to go in and equip them for them to move into the book.

And it took her a while. 😂
    It looks like system is very smart. if you deconstruct something it get added. Even if you sell it to npc mercant it get added once it leave the buyback queue.

But for overland items you want to keep you have to equip for it to get in the list.
    Same with dungeon and trial get will not be added before the 4 hour trade time is up unless you equip so if you log out before its not added until you log in on character again.