The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TineaCruris They supposedly moved the tests back to the 8th
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • SCPCSedona
    SCPCSedona
    Soul Shriven
    I can't tell - Is Rich Lambert saying that the change in aoe ability spammability will be changing throughout the entire game, PvE as well as PvP? Or is he saying that it's likely to impact only PvP?
  • SCPCSedona
    SCPCSedona
    Soul Shriven
    SCPCSedona wrote: »
    I can't tell - Is Rich Lambert saying that the change in aoe ability spammability will be changing throughout the entire game, PvE as well as PvP? Or is he saying that it's likely to impact only PvP?

I mean - Templar casts Ritual of Retribution, waits 3 seconds, casts Jabs, waits 3 seconds, casts Springs... nvm the group's all dead.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCPCSedona wrote: »

Unclear. All they are talking about is PVP, if that is any clue.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the tests are Cyro only, if they adopt any of the changes, I'm sure they will be game wide. They are not going to make such a huge skill behavior difference between PvP and PvE.

So if the changes are adopted, ZOS is going to need to perform a HUGE balance pass over all skills to prevent combat from being totally broken.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    "..... Once we launch Update 27 for PC on August 24, we will announce when one of the tests are beginning through an in-game announcement and will have a forum thread detailing which test is currently being performed. ....."

I haven't seen any in game announcements or communication about the tests, and things are clearly being changed.

What is going on?

Delayed until the 8th September
    Edited by Unified_Gaming on August 30, 2020 7:18AM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is practically unplayable after the patchchanges
    skills don´t go off
    sieges fires far delayed, if at all
    only makes sense to do some one bar thingy
    and hope you come somehow through........

killing fun is easy for @ZOS
    start please making things that realyy make sense, please

(and I have time to write this cauze just kicked off EU-PC server during passing a door..........)
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

Changes took place to some skills with the update. Many times gap closers are completely greyed out on our bars, taunts are not working right. In both cases it seems like a targeting change of some kind.

At any rate, some changes went into effect on Monday for sure. People other than just myself noticed right away.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

Changes took place to some skills with the update. Many times gap closers are completely greyed out on our bars, taunts are not working right. In both cases it seems like a targeting change of some kind.

At any rate, some changes went into effect on Monday for sure. People other than just myself noticed right away.

If your noticing it in PvE they broke something again with the servers. All of what your seeing may be the result of an over strained server acting up doing weird things. I didn't read the whole thing but you may want to check out the Trials unplayable thread.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just posted the details for these upcoming tests in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544305/details-for-aoe-testing-in-cyrodiil/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, basicly, avoid Cyrodiil from 8 Sept to 20 Oct
    Thanks for the heads up :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Gythral wrote: »
    So, basicly, avoid Cyrodiil from 8 Sept to 20 Oct
    Thanks for the heads up :wink:

That's literally the exact opposite of what the last sentence says :cry:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the good test starts Oct 5th. Now just get rid of healing other players you aren't grouped with and kill zerg healing calculations.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last test there; they can have 12 in a group but once they get above 6, they get the cooldown penalty? Why not just cap it at 6?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry Gina I'll show up. I most likely won't be enjoying myself during the tests but we'll see what happens and whether or not these cooldowns actually improve server performance. I have a strong feeling they won't but I'll be amazed if they do.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Don't worry Gina I'll show up. I most likely won't be enjoying myself during the tests but we'll see what happens and whether or not these cooldowns actually improve server performance. I have a strong feeling they won't but I'll be amazed if they do.

Cant honestly say I'm having a good time always now...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Cant honestly say I'm having a good time always now...

True..
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really great to see that ZOS is taking group size and group healing seriously enough to test them, and that they took the feedback from knowledgeable players on those points. A promising sign!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get test of October 12-19 right now as permanent change and decrease number to 4 from 6, pretty please.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    October 12-19 test is <3

Hope that one would be reality right now instantly. :)
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return of the stamblade

In a galaxy far far away...
    Lived a khajiit nb yearning for a return to meta. Only to be completely roflstomped by a stamcro then a stamdem in quick succession.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, just posted the details for these upcoming tests in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544305/details-for-aoe-testing-in-cyrodiil/

As someone who's played in Cyro groups for all my years in ESO, these are some pretty rough things to read, Gina. All those years of begging for fixes and the proposed fix is "who needs groups anyways?"

Talos have mercy
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like idea of 12-people groups. It will be much harder to find a group for randoms beacuse not a lot of people want or know how to lead. Of course this is won't be a problem for guilds and some hardcore players who will zerg anyway, even with this limitation. Personally i prefer AOEs limitations :P
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The October proposed changes are the best things I have seen in a long while. I pray this goes through
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'm skeptical of the interpretation of the results of these tests. From a statistical point of view in an uncontrolled setting (correlation is not causation!), the effects of each of these tests will likely be confounded with a drop in the population (or at least, potentially, a certain sub-category of the population theorized to cause these problems). Even worse, there might be an interaction to where the results from the test and probably loss of players/ball groups will have an almost "magical" effect on the performance (however this is measured).

Tl;dr: All I'd like to say is, be wary of interpreting the results without FULLY understanding the background of what led to them... in uncontrolled experiments correlation is NOT causation!
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    September 8-14: Shared global AoE cooldown, 3 second timer
    For this test, all AoE abilities will have a shared global 3 second cooldown. This means when you cast an AoE, you will not be able to cast another AoE for 3 seconds. For example, if you cast Ritual of Retribution, you won’t be able to cast Puncturing Sweep for 3 seconds.

No need to worry. No one is going to cast Ritual of Retribution. lol
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks good to me.

This looks like ZoS actually trying to resolve the performance issues that have bugged the game for too long, that we've all complained about for so long.

I'll support anything that looks like progress.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing about this "experiment".

There has always been aoe stuff spammed on Cyrodil and with much more player population.

You have decreased the population caps, you and yet the pvp campaigns have worked worse and worse and taken nose dive in recent times.

Thus this seems to be just another wild goose chase which just end ruining everything and core of the game,

Few things you (ZOS) have avoided commenting like a plague....

!) Have you actually improved your server hardware at all?
    2) Have downgraded your server contracts meaning they are much cheaper provider nowdays...

Please enlighten us... I would say the answer is to 1) is NO and 2) YES.

Considering that your pve side is a utter mess as well nowdays.

Ofcourse it does not help that you have ignored bugs for ages and just piled up stuff on broken foundation.

As said please enligten us on the above thigns...

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would *** destroy this game's popularity. What on earth?

Doubt that's the main reason for majority of people that play ESO.

HIGHLY DOUBT IT in fact.

• alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this test will ether be nothing or hard, this comes down to how they do the test, ie: if cooldown from cast this first test will have a zero effect, like wall of elements 12 secs with an aoe cool down of 3 secs at start of cast means you can just recast will no effect, if the cooldown comes after the aoe finish then it will have an effect
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
This discussion has been closed.