The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all of the new and existing sets we've seen change here it feels like we're going back in time to the one tamriel proc set era. A lot of these new and existing sets that are proc based are WAY overtuned. Widowmaker, Unleashed Terror, Caluurions and Icy Conjurer to name a few. With the nerfs that have been made to healing recently, these proc sets are going to be SO obnoxious, especially paired with the new malacath ring. Please tone them down a lot.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How many people can Lunar Bastion affect? I believe it used to be 6.
    I like the 100% proc on Imperium and may actually use it now (back barred so can place it when needed). Was hoping for some shield-based sets to be useful on off-tank in trial but none of the set changes seem to be useful except in small groups (except Imperium).
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Destruction Mastery, Elemental Succession will make a comeback for my pet sorc builds...with their changes to pets being a hybrid of magicka/spell power now.. I mean I was mostly running necropotence/sorrow setup prior to anything trial gear, now I'm not so sure.
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    I can see an attempt to make damage dealers use support sets but it fails and players plan to use them on support roles anyway. Master Architect and War Machine were a success in that regard for a while because of the unique combination of a long 10 sec major buff and the low cost ultimates that had to be used. Right now they'll be simply used on support roles.

There is one set that makes the situation even more complicated, that's the Jorvuld's Guidance set. It's a set that provides damage dealers with nothing viable for their role, it's a pure support set. I don't think it would be a popular decision but I'd like the major buff perk removed from that set and make the minor buffs and damage shields get a bigger buff, up to 100%. It would make the newly redesigned Combat Physician and Prayer Shawl even more helpful. Even the Lunar Bastion set would help make a group dependant on damage shields. A sacrifice in the debuffing part would allow damage dealers to run lower health builds or vampire builds and get some protection.

To make the Master Architect and War Machine sets useful, they should start with 10 seconds on the cheapest ultimates, 5 seconds + 1 second per 14 ultimate points consumed. Without a per target cooldown it will make it possible to run more sets like these in a group to cover all damage dealers. Same goes for the defensive sets found in Halls of Fabrication, Inventor's Guard and Automated Defense. Tanks and healers would be able to provide the major defensive buffs by using their cheap ultimates from restoration staff and shield skill lines.

The Roaring Opportunist is a very complicated set. If you'd like to give a bonus to constant heavy attacking use, simply lower the buff to 2-3 seconds with some sort of a cooldown. Get rid of all the damage calculation. That would allow players to use lightning staves to get that buff. It would be great if a group had to use 1 Roaring Opportunist and MA/WM and Lokkestiiz together to provide a 100% uptime.

Vrol's Command could be more useful if the cooldown was shorter. Same as with RO and MA/WM, it would be great to see groups able to run Vrol and Inventor's Guard/Automated Defense together to reach a 100% uptime on the major aegis buff. That would be a lot of DPS sacrifice in such group but it would be a way to complete some harder content without the need of reaching the highest DPS numbers in many progression groups. And there's still place for a major aegis copy of Lokkestiiz for self-defense.

Just a few ideas.
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hey
    This is the official feedback thread for existing item sets. For feedback on the new item sets, please visit this thread. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

1. I have idea if you are touching all sets then create a non-perfect version and perfect version sets like: alkosh,master architect etc (for all trials).

2. Second thing is about PvP set if they are marked as PvP set then change set (3) bonus to something like:
    "Reduces your damage taken from Players by 5%." example Blessing of the Potentates.

That can give more free hand for balancing PvE vs PvP

3. Last sets like Bloodspawn have still 6% chance maybe remove this ? and make

When you take damage, you generate x Ultimate and increase your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by x for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

4. Buff some traits like powered / charged etc.
    Edited by Zymcio on July 14, 2020 12:44PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to Alkosh makes no sense.
    • This set now deals 3010 damage initially and 11020 over 10 seconds, rather than 1720 initially and 12040 over 10 seconds.
    • The armor shred from this set is now based on the amount of damage done from the initial hit, rather than a flat 3010.

First, if your goal this patch is to reduce item set calculations, why are you changing a flat value to something variable?

Second, players will want to maximize the strength of that armor debuff, so how will they go about doing this?
    • Increasing weapon damage or max stam? No, proc set damage is fixed and not affected by offensive stats.
    • Increasing crit chance/damage? No, proc set damage cannot critically strike.
    • Improving the uptime of raid buffs/debuffs? Yes, Major/Minor Vulnerability, Z'en, Martial Knowledge, Major Slayer, Torug-Infused Crusher, etc., would improve the strength of Alkosh. So what this means is that Alkosh will be even more effective with experienced groups that can maintain high uptimes of various raid buffs/debuffs. Hmm, whatever happened to all the concern that the combat team showed earlier this year about the power gap?
    • Adjusting blue CP for direct and physical damage stars? Yes. Oh, BTW, blue CP allocation for tanks is effectively a blank canvas, so a tank can run the same direct/physical damage allotments as a damage dealer.
    • Wearing the Band of Brutality? Yes. Of course, not being able to critically strike is a deal-breaker for a damage dealer. But it's mostly a non-issue for tanks.

Third, while this change to Alkosh is a buff, it also adds an annoying element of unpredictability. Should I plan for 3000 penetration from Alkosh? 4000 penetration? 5000? 6000? It's going to be more, but how much more?

TL;DR: This change to Alkosh...
    • ...is an unpredictable buff to the set
    • ...further amplifies the power gap between the top-tier and the mid-tier
    • ...makes the set even more attractive for a tank than for a damage dealer
    Who in bloody blazes thought that this was a good idea?!
    Edited by code65536 on July 15, 2020 11:25AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you check Lamias song please? Used to be Ultimate’s COST not Ulti points SPENT. Is this a typo or has it indeed changed?

From the current set:
    (5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you heal you and your allies within 20 meters of you for 30 Health per point of the Ultimate's cost

From the patch notes:
    Lamia's Song:
    This set now grants 25 Health, Magicka, and Stamina per Ultimate point spent to up to 6 nearby group members, rather than restoring 30 Health per Ultimate point spent to them.

I was hoping someone tested this already. It's always meant "spent" even if it said "cost", I believe. Whatever the cost of your ultimate is after reductions, that's the number that is used.

I am currently running Lamia's Song, and it is indeed cost of the ulti. I.e if your ulti costs 70, it will heal for max 70*30=2100, or us your ulti costs 200 it will be 200*30=3000. Regardless whether you activated the ulti at 70/200 respectively, or at 500.

Whereas Balorgh is the amount of ulti spent, regardless of the cost of the ulti, up to a max of 1000 extra damage
    Edited by Anony_Mouse on July 14, 2020 1:14PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roaring Opportunist is a very complicated set. If you'd like to give a bonus to constant heavy attacking use, simply lower the buff to 2-3 seconds with some sort of a cooldown. Get rid of all the damage calculation. That would allow players to use lightning staves to get that buff. It would be great if a group had to use 1 Roaring Opportunist and MA/WM and Lokkestiiz together to provide a 100% uptime.

I don't think having access to those strong buff so easily is a good thing for the health of PvE content.
    That why I like the change so far, same for Olo and M.courage change.

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot changes to the sets doesn't makes sense and are terrible. The changes to siroria, rele & olorime are just... dumb. And don't get me started on false god. To make it on par on two older sets?? Which both drop in normal??? If you want to make these changes to false god, then make both the regular and perfected one drop on normal as well.

Also wanted to point that quick serpent doesnt even have minor slayer, so trying to compare false god to it that doesnt even makes sense, unless you add minor slayer on QS as well...

The tharassian strangle set is also... pointless now.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 14, 2020 6:38PM
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    • How many players would opt to use Stygian (369 Spell Damage for 15 seconds out of stealth) over New Moon Acolyte?

I agree here. Stygian set bonus should be closer to 450 Spell Damage or possibly 600 to be a competitive choice over New Moon Acolyte or other damage sets. Also change the weight to Light Armor.

Please consider updating the Pelinal's Aptitude 2-4 set with (2) +Stamina/Magicka Recovery, and (3) +Max Stamina/Magicka, (4) +Spell/Weapon Damage. Maybe an optional +Max Health to the 5pc bonus. These changes are bonus heavy but its one of the crafted sets that opens access to class kit skills that are opposite of their character's primary offense pool. This is also a nine trait crafted set too.

• paganslyer
    paganslyer
    ✭✭
    -Scathing Mage-

i think this set can be referred to as magicka version of Briarheart
    and since this set no longer has a proc chance i think the proc chance from Scathing Mage should be removed too
    and also i think that the damage buff need To last 7 sec instead of 5 (It's not reliable enough as 5 sec buff if slot on 1 bar only) and short cooldown can be added...like 3 sec (maximum)

Briarheart:
    Reduced the healing of this set to 350, down from 378.
    This set no longer has a proc chance. Whenever you deal critical damage, your weapon damage will now be increased by 450 for 10 seconds. While the effect is active, any critical strikes by you also heal you for 350 with a 15 second cooldown like normal.

• Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot changes to the sets doesn't makes sense and are terrible. The changes to siroria, rele & olorime are just... dumb. And don't get me started on false god. To make it on par on two older sets?? Which both drop in normal??? If you want to make these changes to false god, then make both the regular and perfected one drop on normal as well.

Also wanted to point that ophidian celery doesnt even have minor slayer, so trying to compare false god to it that doesnt even makes sense, unless you add minor slayer on OC as well...

The tharassian strangle set is also... pointless now.

[snip]

They obviously speak about this set : Vicious Serpent
    It's just a typo error imho.

Also the change you complan about are not dumb at all.
    Olo and rele was braindead easy for how strong their was.
    Siro was rarely used, now it's more easy to use and will be used much more.

The only weird thing to me is the Elemental Cataclysm set, which is, stupidly OP and totally contradict the patch tendency to lower dps a bit.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 14, 2020 6:38PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    GrumpyKlam wrote: »
    Redesign Thrassian Stranglers: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537145/redesign-thrassian-stranglers#latest
    1. Reduced the Spell Damage granted per stack to 50, down from 150 (92)
    2. Keep the penalties per stack to 2 %
    3. This set now also grants Weapon Damage
    4. This set will assume the armor type of which you have the most. (IE: if you have 6 med and slot Thrassian, it will be considered as a medium armor)
    5. When you deal a critical strike, you gain a stack (up to 20). The stacks drop after 5 seconds if you don't hit a critical strike or sneak.

this is even worse than the changes they proposed.
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aznarb no I made the typo, I meant quick serpent, which can be considered to be imperfect version of VO. But as I said, quick serpent doesnt even has minor slayer on it, so wanting false god to be on par of oth QS & VO is dumb.

Because they both drop on normal, while false god only drop in normal and the perfected on vet.

I still stand by my opinion, the changes are terrible.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm and Hircines is now useless. There's really not much else to say other than no one will use these support sets anymore. I suggest reverting these changes and leaving them as-is.

Edit: This needs testing. On paper it seems like its a buff. But i'm reluctant to believe it's actually is a buff. Its hard to test right now because the trial dummy isn't showing the change to these sets.
    Edited by cheifsoap on July 14, 2020 3:29PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aznarb no I made the typo, I meant quick serpent, which can be considered to be imperfect version of VO. But as I said, quick serpent doesnt even has minor slayer on it, so wanting false god to be on par of oth QS & VO is dumb.

Because they both drop on normal, while false god only drop in normal and the perfected on vet.

I still stand by my opinion, the changes are terrible.

If they use Quick instead of Vicious as ref, then I agree it's dumb.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Worm and Hircines is now useless. There's really not much else to say other than no one will use these support sets anymore. I suggest reverting these changes and leaving them as-is.

Edit: This needs testing. On paper it seems like its a buff. But i'm reluctant to believe it's actually is a buff. Its hard to test right now because the trial dummy isn't showing the change to these sets.

It depend on the average ressource spent per fight, dunno if we can get this info on a dps meter.
    If we can it's easy to calcul.
    Edited by Aznarb on July 14, 2020 4:34PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Vestment of Olorime:

- Reduced the duration of the Major Courage on this set to 10 seconds, down from 30 seconds.
    - Adjusted the Max Targets to 6 per tick, down from 12.

Trial set with a buff that will not work on everyone in the trial??

- Spell Power Cure:

- This set now grants Major Courage when you over heal the target, rather than having a 50% chance to grant it when you heal them at 100% Health.
    - This set no longer has a 6 person target cap, to better mirror the power of Olorime.

4 man dungeon set with a buff that will work on everyone in a Trial??

I am confused by both of these

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silks/ysgramor's/netch's should recieve the +200 spell damage to their respective elements. no idea why this wasn't done in the first place.

This one could be a little tricky to balance. On paper it would make sense for all the single-element sets to be equal, but considering the skills in the game it would result in their power being very unbalanced.

Automaton: You can reasonably make an effective Stamsorc build that does 100% Physical damage. Stamplar isn’t much different, with only Ritual being a different damage type. 400 is pretty close to balanced, maybe increase it to 450 weapon damage.

Silks of the Sun: A MagDK uses almost entirely Fire damage, everything except Orb. I would say 450 Spell Damage here, but that just puts it behind Elemental Succession for a pure Fire build. The right number is probably 500 Spell Damage on Fire abilities (more than NMA, less than Siroria).

Netch’s Touch: The best use for this set is on Sorcerer, but they don’t actually use much Shock Damage. With the pet change it would affect them, and most Sorcerers will slot either Boundless or Flood. However this set wouldn’t be enough to make Lightning Wall or Light Attacks better than Inferno, so they get nothing from it. Crystal Frags, Elemental Weapon, Prey/Curse, and Mystic Orb are all magic damage and unaffected. This should be a higher value than War Maiden because Magic Damage is much more common than Shock Damage on some builds (Templar, Nightblade, Warden). I’d say 650-700 Spell Damage to Shock abilities.

Ysgramor: Now this one gets very far from the realm of effective Damage builds. The only Frost skill that’s commonly used is Winter’s Revenge, which makes up less than 10% of DPS. Obviously we can’t just say buff Ysgramor to 3k Spell Damage, but maybe assume that it needs to be strong enough to justify dropping inferno staves for 2 tank weapons (Frost staves), which then means Wall and Light Attacks are Frost. I believe it would take somewhere around 800-1000 Spell Damage on Frost abilities to be balanced with the other sets listed. Unfortunately this could end up causing some problems in PVP where more Frost skills are used, so I doubt there will be a solution here that makes everyone happy.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 14, 2020 5:04PM
  • M4j0r
    M4j0r
    ✭✭✭
    GrumpyKlam wrote: »
    Redesign Thrassian Stranglers: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537145/redesign-thrassian-stranglers#latest
    1. Reduced the Spell Damage granted per stack to 50, down from 150 (92)
    2. Keep the penalties per stack to 2 %
    3. This set now also grants Weapon Damage
    4. This set will assume the armor type of which you have the most. (IE: if you have 6 med and slot Thrassian, it will be considered as a medium armor)
    5. When you deal a critical strike, you gain a stack (up to 20). The stacks drop after 5 seconds if you don't hit a critical strike or sneak.

Let the stranglers like they are and reduce the dmg-gain per stack to 50-100 and everythings fine with it. Its a very nice piece, which is not easy to play, but offers new opportunities. The 30 seconds would rip it totally.
    Edited by M4j0r on July 14, 2020 5:06PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually sad about the "Combat Physician" change. Sure it was single target shield but at-least the shield was noticeable and the user had the flexibility to use it on himself or an ally. With the current change I think it is rather useless. The shield is way too small to make a difference.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I feel confused now about proper PetSorc gearing come post PTR all these things seem to change a lot I would think:

-All pets from this skill line now use a hybrid of your Spell Damage and Max Magicka, rather than purely Max Magicka. This change was done to reduce the total power of these abilities when stacking a singular stat.
    -Value and use of Necropotence: Reduced the Magicka granted while a pet is active to 3132, down from 3150.(tiny change)
    -False God's Devotion:
    Removed the extra 5 piece bonus of Spell Damage on the normal version of this set, and the extra 5 piece bonus of Magicka on the perfected version, to better mirror the power Vicious Ophidian as the perfected version of Quick Serpent.
    -Mantle of Siroria:
    This set and the Perfected version now grant 52 Spell Damage per stack, up from 30.
    Reduced the maximum stacks to 10, down from 20.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    silks/ysgramor's/netch's should recieve the +200 spell damage to their respective elements. no idea why this wasn't done in the first place.

This one could be a little tricky to balance. On paper it would make sense for all the single-element sets to be equal, but considering the skills in the game it would result in their power being very unbalanced.

Automaton: You can reasonably make an effective Stamsorc build that does 100% Physical damage. Stamplar isn’t much different, with only Ritual being a different damage type. 400 is pretty close to balanced, maybe increase it to 450 weapon damage.

Silks of the Sun: A MagDK uses almost entirely Fire damage, everything except Orb. I would say 450 Spell Damage here, but that just puts it behind Elemental Succession for a pure Fire build. The right number is probably 500 Spell Damage on Fire abilities (more than NMA, less than Siroria).

Netch’s Touch: The best use for this set is on Sorcerer, but they don’t actually use much Shock Damage. With the pet change it would affect them, and most Sorcerers will slot either Boundless or Flood. However this set wouldn’t be enough to make Lightning Wall or Light Attacks better than Inferno, so they get nothing from it. Crystal Frags, Elemental Weapon, Prey/Curse, and Mystic Orb are all magic damage and unaffected. This should be a higher value than War Maiden because Magic Damage is much more common than Shock Damage on some builds (Templar, Nightblade, Warden). I’d say 650-700 Spell Damage to Shock abilities.

Ysgramor: Now this one gets very far from the realm of effective Damage builds. The only Frost skill that’s commonly used is Winter’s Revenge, which makes up less than 10% of DPS. Obviously we can’t just say buff Ysgramor to 3k Spell Damage, but maybe assume that it needs to be strong enough to justify dropping inferno staves for 2 tank weapons (Frost staves), which then means Wall and Light Attacks are Frost. I believe it would take somewhere around 800-1000 Spell Damage on Frost abilities to be balanced with the other sets listed. Unfortunately this could end up causing some problems in PVP where more Frost skills are used, so I doubt there will be a solution here that makes everyone happy.

I see where you're coming from but ultimately Julianos and Hunding's set the bar for how other sets that deal with conditionally gaining additional Physical and Magic damage are established. Maybe you can argue against the case of the element based sets given their narrowness but Automaton should've gotten the same treatment as War Maiden at the very least. Looking at it from the perspective of how accessible good physical damage skills are vs good magic damage skills due to the current state of the game shouldn't influence how much one should get over the other. It is just as doable creating an all magic damage build as much as an all physical damage build. One is likely to be more optimal than the other based off the existing skills but not everything can be on equal footing regardless.

Edit: They also buffed Swamp Raider to 600 Weapon Damage for both Poison and Disease Damage as well. That seems to be just a matter of being inconsistent on ZOS part or an oversight.
    Edited by Celestro on July 14, 2020 5:46PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    burning spellwave, caluurion, 600 damage sets (war maiden, sword singer, etc), briarheart, mechanical aculty, torug, etc seems op.

removing proc chance might be a good idea to lose some server stress, but it's a freeway to shitshow if it has the same value or even more if increased.
    Edited by evoniee on July 14, 2020 6:18PM
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy about 'Dreamer's Mantle' restoring magicka instead of health. Magicka I have PLENTY; I picked this set for the health reasons! Not many light sets restore health!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the timer from Thrassian Stranglers. This isn't just a value adjustment, it changes the entire functionality of the set. It's no longer a high risk/high reward option for long encounters, but a middling risk/middling reward item for quick skirmishes. That's not what people farmed it for. The collective changes (besides adding weapon damage, which is GOOD) make it less interesting, challenging and rewarding to use.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't exactly agree on your numbers. Elemental Succession gives 550 flame spell damage to a magDK. If worn on body, the uptime is close to 100% in regular trial scenario, more so after duration/cooldown disparity fix. Silks of the Sun worn on body does exactly the same thing, giving flame spell damage with 100% uptime. Making it 500 is still not enough to pick it over ES simply because 550>500, no other real difference is present.

Let's look at the case where we hypotheticaly buffed Silks of the Sun to the value of 550. When worn on body, Sun and ES are practicaly the same set on a magDK. However, there is an advantage of ES, being able to one-bar the set. Unlike Silks of the Sun, ES effect persists through bar swap which makes it more flexible when character building. Just an example, you would much more likely pair Elf Bane (which can't be one-barred) with ES than with Silks of the Sun.

That's why I feel that buffing Silks of the Sun to 600 is the way to go. Makes sense from practical way as well as for the sake of standardization. Also, ES vs Sun would after a Sun's buff to 600 be a good choice diversity, sun being better for pairing with 1-bar sets and ES being better to be paired with body sets. At the value of 400, 500 and even 550, ES would be the obvious choice without room for Sun.

It doesn't look good when its stamina counterpart (Swamp Raider) got buffed, people could feel like ZoS hates magicka. Not a good PR :smiley:
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 14, 2020 8:25PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Potentates - patchnotes forgot to mention that its 2pc bonus got nerfed from 5% reduction to 3%.
    2. Daedric Trickery - Right now if using set on backbar - stam build will get hp bonus and its main stat of max stamina, but magicka build will get hp bonus and stam and its main stat mana bonus will be wasted. For that reason its 2-4 piece bonuses should be reordered to better account for bar swapping. So it will be 2pc Max Mana, 3pc Max Stam, 4pc Max HP, and thus equal for both specs.
    Remove major expedition buff from it coz this buff is against pattern of other major buffs implemented into set and feels as a waste of proc.
    3. Shalk Exoskeleton - this set is similiar to other sets that have major/monir buff as 5pc and were update with additional 170+spd bonus, like Treasure Hunter, Blackrose, Rattlecage, Toothrow. However Shalk 5pc spd bonus is just 129 and should be streamlined into similiar 170spd 5pc bonus.
    4. Vampire Cloak - this set wasnt update for some reason and for now give only 1 named minor buff. Same as other sets mentioned above to bring in on same level it should get 171 spd as 5pc bonus.
    5. Trainee - similar to Daedric its bonuses should be reordered because 3pc sets mostly used as 2pc set and thus mana build will have hp+mana bonus and same goes for stam spec - it will loose stam bonus. Reorder it into 1pc-Max Mana, 2pc=Max Stam, 3pc Max HP.
    6. Jailer Tenacity - for some mysterious reason this set proc conditions were not adjusted despite it being set with most unrealistic proc condition. Return it back to proc on %hp or transform it into kiss-curse set, anything that will allwo to actually proc set.
    7. Kiss-curse Sets - ever since introduction of this mechanic those sets were never favored simply coz "curse">"kiss". Same goes for such kiss-curse sets as Pirate and Ironblood. It has 66% potential update and in return of strong effect it has serious drawback. However in addition those sets have proc chance that realistically push uptime to 50% at best. I think it unfair - for procing set effect you already get disadvantage, so at least allow consistently proc it, so upate those "kiss-curse" sets similiar to other sets and grant them guaranteed proc chance. "Kiss-curse" sets are exact type of set that need reliability in its proc as procing those sets doesnt bear only positive bonuses.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't exactly agree on your numbers. Elemental Succession gives 550 flame spell damage to a magDK. If worn on body, the uptime is close to 100% in regular trial scenario, more so after duration/cooldown disparity fix. Silks of the Sun worn on body does exactly the same thing, giving flame spell damage with 100% uptime. Making it 500 is still not enough to pick it over ES simply because 550>500, no other real difference is present.

Let's look at the case where we hypotheticaly buffed Silks of the Sun to the value of 550. When worn on body, Sun and ES are practicaly the same set on a magDK. However, there is an advantage of ES, being able to one-bar the set. Unlike Silks of the Sun, ES effect persists through bar swap which makes it more flexible when character building. Just an example, you would much more likely pair Elf Bane (which can't be one-barred) with ES than with Silks of the Sun.

That's why I feel that buffing Silks of the Sun to 600 is the way to go. Makes sense from practical way as well as for the sake of standardization. Also, ES vs Sun would after a Sun's buff to 600 be a good choice diversity, sun being better for pairing with 1-bar sets and ES being better to be paired with body sets. At the value of 400, 500 and even 550, ES would be the obvious choice without room for Sun.

It doesn't look good when its stamina counterpart (Swamp Raider) got buffed, people could feel like ZoS hates magicka. Not a good PR :smiley:

@Olupajmibanan That’s a fair point. I was thinking Succession was still sub-100% uptime even on body, but I forgot about the cooldown fix. However one additional difference to consider is the 2pc Max Magicka on Succession vs the 2pc Spell Crit on Sun. The Spell Crit is far more powerful, and is equivalent to about 50 Spell Damage in terms of DPS.

Still, I don’t disagree that Sun being buffed to 550 Spell Damage would be appropriate. I mean, with Succession already there it wouldn’t really be power creep, just alternatives (and the slight boost I mentioned from the Spell Crit). And this is not to say that Succession is overpowered because I don’t believe anyone actually uses the set in end game content (it’s all Elfbane, Siroria, False Gods, Sorrow, etc.).

This then creates another big question. If Sun should be 550 Spell Damage than what should War Maiden be? I was basing all my other set numbers on the 600 Spell Damage from WM, but it would certainly need to be more than 50 higher than Sun. A pure Magic Damage build is impossible, and even coming close to the 90%+ that a Fire build can achieve is impractical. There is no magic destruction staff, no magic light attacks (except Resto lol), no magic wall of elements (and therefore no way to proc enchants from back bar). It seems like War Maiden would need to be more like 700 to be balanced with a 550 Sun, which then also pushes Netch and Ysgramor even higher to stay balanced with WM and Sun. We can dream about such things, but I don’t think we’re likely to see an Ysgramor giving over 1k Spell Damage anytime soon.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to go to bat for the Bastion of the Heartland set.

Bastion of the Heartland:

Reduced the damage reduction bonus to 3%, down from 5% of this sets 3 piece.
    Reduced the damage reduction bonus to 10%, down from 20% versus player Area of Effects and Siege.

This set received an especially cruel FIFTY PERCENT NERF of its 5-piece value as well as the same 3-piece nerf that Potentates (and some other PvP sets) received. This set was far from popular or overpowered in PvP and its effect applies to only a subset of overall damage received (though most of the hardest-hitting PvP abilities are AoE). It is a pure tanking set with zero offensive potential.

This set now essentially gives Minor Evasion, but, like nearly every other set whose 5-piece bonus is a Minor buff, it does not have any additional 5-piece bonus to offset the inherent weakness of the 5-piece.

Please reconsider this change.