Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Scathing Mage still have double proc condition? Please remove one of them. Either allow all crit damage, not only direct one to proc 20% chance or leave direct damage crit requirement but delete 20% proc chance. Because of both of these requirements, set is pretty meh still
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If y'all don't want Spell Power Cure to last ten seconds, why not eight to match Combat Prayer and Healing Springs? Five seconds is really too short.

Olorime's ground effect only lasting for five seconds as well is also worrying -- that's going to mean you can barely hit the whole group with it, and only if everyone is on the ball in getting to it.

If y'all were trying to make sure that Major Courage is not a buff that's up 100% of the time, y'all probably should have 1. not made Olorime easy to proc and last half a minute at first and 2. have said so in the developer comments.
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you balance perfected false god this way?? Why compare it to a normal set??

I suffered countless of hours in vSS with pugs and guilds to farm this set.

The normal set will be literally useless with this changes and nobody will use it anymore.

Please leave this set as it is and better create other perfected sets. False god is fine.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to the patch notes that show what sets and how they are being effected? Thank you.
    For the Empire
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    For the Empire
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of the New Moon Acolyte's set nerf in 6.1.1.
    "New Moon Acolyte: Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage granted from this set’s 5 piece bonus to 401, down from 481. This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies."
    I think the reasoning is a bit flawed because I suspect most people running this set (speaking of PVP) in the first place (such as myself) are running it as brawlers and 1vxers, not as zerg members. Thus, it seems like more of an overall nerf to the solo playstyle and another inadvertent boon to zerg play.
    Edited by Rana1014 on July 21, 2020 1:14AM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moondancer:
    This set now grants 474 Spell Damage or Magicka Recovery, up from 448.
    Reduced the duration of the bonuses to 20 seconds, down from 30.

It would be usable to grant both buffs at the same time and make them 450 both ( why 450 and not 448? because it looks nicer )
    Otherwise, this set will still be decon or trash as it is now.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon's Appetite:
    This is a set with one fiercing name but providing very little dmg+ very little healing, yet the proc comes in not 1 or 2 ,but 3 conditions.
    I would say it is the hardest to proc proc set.
    " Increase your damage done to Bleeding enemies by 225. Dealing non-Bleed damage to Bleeding enemies generates a persistent stack of Dragon's Appetite, up to once per second. After 10 stacks you consume Dragon's Appetite and heal for 6415 Health."
    The 3 proc terms are as following
    1. bleeding enemy
    2. deal non bleeding dmg on bleeding enemy
    3. 10 stacks with 1 stack per sec.
    The heal is only 642/sec , it is 1/3 of other healing sets.This set is providing little damage and healing yet in a very strict and narrow condition. Which makes this the stacks hard to build up, for a sip of not much healing .As the result , ppl wont even try this new dlc set at all .

I think it would be in better performance with reducing the stacks required or the stacking cool down, also could be done by increase it potency of healing or dmg . In order to meet its strict requirments ,also expanding players options.
    Edited by SilverKatz on July 21, 2020 8:52AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilverKatz wrote: »
    Dragon's Appetite:
    This is a set with one fiercing name but providing very little dmg+ very little healing, yet the proc comes in not 1 or 2 ,but 3 conditions.
    " Increase your damage done to Bleeding enemies by 225. Dealing non-Bleed damage to Bleeding enemies generates a persistent stack of Dragon's Appetite, up to once per second. After 10 stacks you consume Dragon's Appetite and heal for 6415 Health."
    1. bleeding enemy
    The heal is only 642/sec , it is 1/3 of other healing sets.This set is providing little damage and healing yet in a very strict and narrow condition. Which makes this the stacks hard to build up, for a sip of not much healing .As the result , ppl wont even try this new dlc set at all .

I think it would be in better performance with reducing the stacks required or the stacking cool down, also could be done by increase it potency of healing or dmg . In order to meet its strict requirments ,also expanding players options.

If you ignore the heal portion, the damage part is actually not bad.
    It's damage on stamplar is comparable to deadly strike, basically the more dmg you already have the better deadly is, while the flat dmg from dragons appetite becomes stronger the less damage have.
    IMHO the heal part is pretty worthless maybe just remove it and make the stacks increase the damage the set gives slightly instead.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    SilverKatz wrote: »
    Dragon's Appetite:
    1. bleeding enemy

If you ignore the heal portion, the damage part is actually not bad.
    It's damage on stamplar is comparable to deadly strike, basically the more dmg you already have the better deadly is, while the flat dmg from dragons appetite becomes stronger the less damage have.
    IMHO the heal part is pretty worthless maybe just remove it and make the stacks increase the damage the set gives slightly instead.

This. There are far better sets with a heal built in or even just skills. Way better to take that away to pump up the damage to become a viable option over Deadly Strikes for some classes.
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭

Sunderflame has no reason to be change. It caused no balance issues and wasn't over-shadowing anything else. This change gains nothing and reduces the fun for anyone who uses it as part of a novel build.

New Moon Acolyte change is too heavy-handed. Dial it back to 430 or just leave it where it is.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Witchmans is now a potentially really useful set. But i would like to use a magicka version. Song of Lamia is so group focused that it doesn't feel nice to use solo. Can witchmans have more magicka inclusive set piece bonuses and a better ordering if people backbar it? Or can we see a magicka version of witchmans in the future please?

I was excited about Witchman, but then realized it is still 51 x cost of ultimate, so it'll still be a trash set.

@ZOS, please consider changing this to

(5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you restore for 51 Health, Stamina and Magicka per point of the Ultimate's cost spent.

At 500 ultimate you restore 23k of each resource which is way too much, you'd need to lower the amount per point to about 35. Its fine as is, but needs a magicka version.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new moon acolyte nerf's reasoning sucks. Did you guys not even consider that many people use it in PvP in solo? Sure you could nerf the set. But the risk associated with it more prevalent.

Ysgramor's, Netch and Silks still don't grant bonuses that are higher than elemental succession, or on par with warmaiden since it's buff. What's going on? These sets suck but could be quite good if they had 600 on the spell damage to each specific element.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Witchmans is now a potentially really useful set. But i would like to use a magicka version. Song of Lamia is so group focused that it doesn't feel nice to use solo. Can witchmans have more magicka inclusive set piece bonuses and a better ordering if people backbar it? Or can we see a magicka version of witchmans in the future please?

I was excited about Witchman, but then realized it is still 51 x cost of ultimate, so it'll still be a trash set.

@ZOS, please consider changing this to

(5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you restore for 51 Health, Stamina and Magicka per point of the Ultimate's cost spent.

At 500 ultimate you restore 23k of each resource which is way too much, you'd need to lower the amount per point to about 35. Its fine as is, but needs a magicka version.

5K resources at a 100 ult is already very generous, the set is going to be fine.
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    Why sets like automaton or flank strategist dont get s buff? It’s weird

Hate the changes in NMA too... why god, why???
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Noble Duelist's Silks have its Stamina Recovery bonus changed? It made a tiny bit of sense when its 5 piece bonus was provided through dodging, but with that being changed entirely, it has no reason to still be present.
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like NMA's nerf will not harm groups as much as intended, whereas it will kill the set for solo or small scale groups. It had a nice combination of stats + a pretty major drawback, but it wasn't even close to over stated. It now feels like the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I truly hope this decision is reconsidered and NMA isn't nerfed. Or, if it is, it's done by increasing the penalty rather than decreasing the damage.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm late to the party but is there no longer a cooldown for Mechanical Acuity?

The cooldown is not mentioned in the patch notes and neither is there one listed on build resources updated for the PTS.

The set would be MONSTROUSLY OP without a cooldown.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm late to the party but is there no longer a cooldown for Mechanical Acuity?

The cooldown is not mentioned in the patch notes and neither is there one listed on build resources updated for the PTS.

The set would be MONSTROUSLY OP without a cooldown.

It still has a cooldown, it’s just easier to proc after the cooldown ends because the % chance was removed.
  • ColoniaCroisant
    ColoniaCroisant
    ✭✭✭
    Made a stamDK and an Ice magic themed magden for fun today to try out some of the newly buffed proc sets and I got to say they are a TON of fun to use. The Stam DK was rocking domihuas, red mountain and pillar of nirn and it felt amazing. Definitely brought some life and character to a class I never bothered making before because it sounded boring. I was getting now if only I had room for more character slots (bump us up to 25!)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only we could get a proper Frost spammable though @ColoniaCroisant .

With the change to the Master's Destro we lost the only viable elemental spammable and we're yet to see a suitable replacement introduced.

You can use Elemental Ring and the Blackrose Destro but it's still a very costly ability and probably not usable outside of some exotic DoT build.

IMO, they should simply drop the wonky Blackrose DoT and then a) increase the ability discount to ~25% and b) increase the staff's elemental damage type by ~10-15% for 10 seconds after using Elemental Ring. That would give us a true elemental spammable (even if it would still be a bit on the expensive side...) as well as give the Blackrose Destro a more accessible role as the elemental damage-boosting Arena Weapon.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we swap 2-4pc bonuses for Oblivion Foe for backbaring issue. So magicka players wont loose mana regen for backbaring set, so 4pc should be hp regen and 2pc is mana regen.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If proc sets are getting buffed this patch with the removal of % chance in favour of cooldowns, could Sload's Semblance perhaps get a similar treatment?
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    Elemental Succession ninja nerfed on PTS? Is this intended or a bug? Never mentioned in patch notes 1.0 and 1.1.
    It's very niche set that can only be viable on MagDk and MagCro although latter cannot really keep high uptime, cannot have 100% uptime anyway since damage that procs it doesnt get the benefit, does not effect healing so cannot replace spell damage set in PvP. Nerf was unneccesary and making it another decon item.
    Edited by adilazimdegilx on July 21, 2020 11:53PM
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Caluurion's Legacy is starting to look like a snack for my magcro..they really seem to want to push proc sets now...not sure what to pair it with honestly.

Caluurion's Legacy:
    Slightly increased the travel speed of the projectiles from this set.
    Reduced the minimum travel time to 750ms, down from 900ms.
    Increased the damage done to 13290, up from 12900.
    Removed the critical requirement for this set.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf81 wrote: »
    Caluurion's Legacy is starting to look like a snack for my magcro..they really seem to want to push proc sets now...not sure what to pair it with honestly.

Caluurion's Legacy:
    Slightly increased the travel speed of the projectiles from this set.
    Reduced the minimum travel time to 750ms, down from 900ms.
    Increased the damage done to 13290, up from 12900.
    Removed the critical requirement for this set.

Pair it with Malacath Ring, obviously. The interaction was non-existent before 6.0.0 due to crit proc condition but now this could be nasty.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why nerf Torug's for 2 hand weapon users? If the 90% applied to both enchantments for dual weilders, then make it 45% per enchantment for them, and keep the 90% for those limited to one enchantment. Or better yet, allow 2 hand weapon users to use two enchantments as well.

What a terrible toss the baby out with the bathwater change!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few sets don’t seem to be following the new standard for 5pc bonuses that can easily be gained from other skills or potions. Minor Heroism and Major Brutality fall into the same category as Major Sorcery (Rattlecage), Major Prophecy (Treasure Hunter), and Major Savagery (Toothrow), all which received 171 Weapon or Spell damage in addition to their named buff on the 5pc bonus. This 171 is equal to 1.32 standard set bonuses (129 Weapon or Spell Damage) and seems balanced given how easy these Major/Minor Buffs are to obtain.

Shalk’s Exoskeleton only got 129 Spell Damage to go with its Minor Heroism, this should be increased to 171.

Champion of the Hist received a health bonus to go with the Minor Heroism, this should be changed to 171 weapon damage as the set is the stamina equivalent to Shalk’s.

Dreugh King Slayer maintained its Major Expedition after kills, in addition to the Major Brutality. This can be moderately useful at times, but it’s far weaker than 171 Weapon Damage. It could honestly have both and not be overpowered, or at least add something like 129 Weapon Damage on the 5pc. This set is basically a Stamina Rattlecage and should not fall so far behind the Magicka version.

Medusa received 900 (4.1%) Spell Crit (1.08 set bonuses) in addition to the Minor Force on it’s 5pc. It would benefit from a full 1.32 set bonuses here, resulting in 1100 Spell Crit (5.0%), which would also put the set a little closer to Tzogvin’s, which gives Minor Force and up to 1340 (6.1%) Weapon Crit on the 5pc bonus.

I’m not sure exactly where the line is drawn on which Major/Minor buffs fall into this category. I’d say it’s also worth looking into an additional stat line on the final set bonus of:
    - Order of Diagna (Minor Vitality)
    - Slimecraw (Minor Berserk)
    - Vampire Cloak (Minor Protection)
    - Healer’s Habit (Minor Mending)
    - Warrior Poet (Minor Toughness) with one standard health bonus currently
    - Mighty Chudan (Major Resolve) with one standard health bonus currently
    - Night Mother’s Gaze (Major Fracture)

It’s also interesting to point out that this 1.32 set bonus magnitude is exactly the difference between a standard 5pc set (2.32 set bonuses) and a standard small set bonus. So this means that any of these easy to obtain named buffs is being weighted as 1 standard set bonus, which IMO makes a lot of sense. Good change!
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 22, 2020 8:09PM
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Let's buff some of the older sets. We need more diversity in what type of armor set up we use. We all play at a different style. Let our sets show it. Stop nerfing and let's buff those older sets.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on August 22, 2020 10:21AM
    For the Empire