The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks that "new" old proc sets are way overtuned right now? Pillar of Nirn, Caluurion, Plague Slinger, Widowmaker, Unleashed Terror (new not old but in the same category), Shadow of the Red Mountain, Way of the Fire, Icy conjuror. Is this the way you want to get rid of tanks in PvP? By offering new OP shiny toys so everyone will drop old tanky sets for these ones?

Do you remember DoTs chaos? Enchants? First iteration of proc sets? Didn't you learned anything ZOS?

I think that each of mentioned sets deserves 25-35% damage nerf.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf on (Perfected) False God is not understandable. Where is the problem, that the perfected version has an additional bonus compared to Vicious Serpent? VS is also incredibly easy to get in comparison and the fact that nobody is really using it anymore beside Maelstrom runs, makes it even more pointless. Damage was already lower than Julianos, so this set was basically used to be able sustain.
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert the changes to Ilambris so it stacks again, because fun.

Storm Master:
    This set now increases your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 1542, rather than causing your Light Attacks to deal an additional 1333 Shock damage.

Leave the shock damage on it, because fun. We have enough boring sets increasing boring light and heavy attack damage.

Oh...nevermind...I forgot, you guys don't like fun.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding pet sorc with the minor nerf to necropotence and the major adjustment of hybrid sp/magicka on pets
    My necropotence/MS setup is going feel heavy nerfed.

Best I could come up with (without using trial sets)
    -Is Destruction Mastery(it gets a ptr magicka buff as well)
    -Combo with Julianos, and infused SpellPower accessories

Seems to balance out the SP/Magicka/Crit best I could without losing too much pet damage I hope
    This is aimed for those who goal is Heavy PetSorc
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    False God's Devotion:
    Removed the extra 5 piece bonus of Spell Damage on the normal version of this set, and the extra 5 piece bonus of Magicka on the perfected version, to better mirror the power Vicious Ophidian as the perfected version of Quick Serpent.
    This set now properly mentions its 1 second cooldown.

Don't compare False God Devotion with with Quick Serpent, because the stats are different (Quick Serpent lacks the Minor Slayer buff, has less stamina but more crit). It is almost like comparing apples to oranges.

Don't touch the False God Devotion set, because False God Devotion for magicka users works exactly the same as Vicous Ophidian for stamina users. Just add Perfected sets for all the Craglorn trial (and all the other trials that are missing those perfected sets on veteran mode). It can be done because if you can add Perfected Arena weapons in the last chapter, you can also add Perfected Craglon Trials gear in the next DLC. 3 years (I think) after adding the first perfected gear in veteran trials it is about time to do so.

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's been said but remove the proc from scathing

Un-nerf succession and make the duration 5 seconds

Un-nerf Perfected false god
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually can we just remove proc chances from everything and make it a little less RNG?
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's already been said several times in this thread but: Please don't go through with the changes to the normal and perfected version of False God's. There really is no reason to be comparing it to/mirroring Vicious. Just buff Vicious instead?? It's an un-needed nerf on False God's that honestly doesn't make much sense.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • InqueBlawt
    majulook wrote: »
    - Vestment of Olorime:

- Reduced the duration of the Major Courage on this set to 10 seconds, down from 30 seconds.
    - Adjusted the Max Targets to 6 per tick, down from 12.

Trial set with a buff that will not work on everyone in the trial??

- Spell Power Cure:

- This set now grants Major Courage when you over heal the target, rather than having a 50% chance to grant it when you heal them at 100% Health.
    - This set no longer has a 6 person target cap, to better mirror the power of Olorime.

4 man dungeon set with a buff that will work on everyone in a Trial??

I am confused by both of these

+1 This is a dumb change. Olorime should be about static positioning fights and SPC should be about spamming overheal on moving fights. SPC should only affect 6 targets while Olorime should affect 12. You must be in the circle to get a refresh.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InqueBlawt wrote: »
    - Vestment of Olorime:

- Reduced the duration of the Major Courage on this set to 10 seconds, down from 30 seconds.

- Spell Power Cure:

- This set now grants Major Courage when you over heal the target, rather than having a 50% chance to grant it when you heal them at 100% Health.
    - This set no longer has a 6 person target cap, to better mirror the power of Olorime.

+1 This is a dumb change. Olorime should be about static positioning fights and SPC should be about spamming overheal on moving fights. SPC should only affect 6 targets while Olorime should affect 12. You must be in the circle to get a refresh.

Both should just affect 12 players. Buffs tend to be very bad at choosing targets (they give it to the same player over and over and ignore the others that need it), so even if all 12 meet the conditions then it’s possible one or more players still won’t get the buff even at 6 per tick. IMO Olorime should also be at least 20s duration so that it can be alternated between 2 locations for split stack strategies.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    re: Changing the focus of Combat Physician from 1-target to multi-target, in combination with a huge downgrade of the Shield to less than half

I would recommend that if ZOS wants to experiment with group shielding from a single set, that a completely new set be designed instead. This change to Combat Physician greatly impacts the PLAY PATTERN associated with the set.
    - Solo players already have to design their skill loadout to avoid healing and shielding anyone else unnecessarily, such as random nearby NPCs. Now they will have a huge reduction in the amount of shielding the set provides, without any balancing benefit. See this thread for related feedback on this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537703/6-1-0-combat-physician-set-shielding-reduced-to-less-than-half#latest
    - Group healers already cannot choose who to shield, not just due to timing issues
    - The shield cannot be pre-emptively applied unlike other shields, making it already less useful than shields in general

As an intermediate solution to completely switching this set from single-target shielding to group shielding, they could scale the shield according to the group size:
    - Bigger groups get smaller per-person shielding.
    - Smaller groups/solo get more shielding.
    - No one outside a group gets any shielding.
    None of these would require much on-the-fly calculations since group sizes are unlikely to constantly change.
    If the concept is sound and there is interest, maybe limit the downscaling on Combat Physician and make a new set specifically for large groups with limited up-scaling of the shield for smaller groups.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 17, 2020 9:00AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Witchmans is now a potentially really useful set. But i would like to use a magicka version. Song of Lamia is so group focused that it doesn't feel nice to use solo. Can witchmans have more magicka inclusive set piece bonuses and a better ordering if people backbar it? Or can we see a magicka version of witchmans in the future please?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the additional bonus for 5 piece Champion of the Hist, and I can't speak for everybody who uses the set, but I and others enjoy this set most as backbar for damage-oriented setups, where the new additional line of Health for 5 piece causes a health drop during barswap, which is not optimal. Please consider revising this to a different bonus - Stam Regen would be optimal, but both Health Regen or Healing Received would be preferable to Health, while providing a similar effect as Health for those that bothbar the set. Thank you.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change to Combat Physician is absolutely perfect. Thank you! After removing/nerfing so many 12man-group-wide defensive options we finally got something. Definitely plan to use it.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InqueBlawt wrote: »
    - Vestment of Olorime:

- Spell Power Cure:

Both should just affect 12 players. Buffs tend to be very bad at choosing targets (they give it to the same player over and over and ignore the others that need it), so even if all 12 meet the conditions then it’s possible one or more players still won’t get the buff even at 6 per tick. IMO Olorime should also be at least 20s duration so that it can be alternated between 2 locations for split stack strategies.

This is why people have terrible minor berserk uptime, combat prayer be like I wanna rebuff the person at almost max duration but not buff the person not buffed. Make it affect 12 people.
    Edited by Jodynn on July 16, 2020 9:24PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the stats on the Innate Axiom crafted set(ptr)...I hear its more in line with a multi spec usage now...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how a lot of older sets got some love (even old crafted sets, like Death's Wind), I am surprised that there are no changes to Night's Silence set.

Currently, in ESO we have 2 sets that have "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak" effect on 5 piece bonus. One is Shadow Dancer's Raiment, the other - Night's Silence.

Night's Silence:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Shadow Dancer's Raiment:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery, Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

As you can see, even Shadow Dancer's Raiment has additional effects on its 5 piece bonus. Night's Silence however - does not. It feels like it is lacking it. Especially after Vampire changes. Vampire passive was moved down to lower Vampire stage, so you can have Dark Stalker passive active on vampire stage I.

The point is, that it is significantly easier for players to have access to "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak" with vampire now, and therefore, the 5 piece bonus of those 2 sets has very little value, and overall, mathematically it is weaker.

Imho additional effect should be added to Night's Silence set 5 piece bonus.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 17, 2020 2:18PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aspect of Mazzatun is still really weak as it requires you to drop low in order to get resources back, if the proc condition was changed to either resource dropping low while decreasing the overall restore a little bit it could be viable.

Hagravens garden is incredibly boring and doesn't offer enough to be ever used.
    Generic buff, long cooldown, small AoE.
    The initial mechanic was much nicer that should have been worked on

Deadric Trickery is too powerful, 80% uptime on the most potent major buffs in the game with no drawback on a back-barable isn't healthy for the game

Ashen grip still doesn't proc on many things that should proc it

Winterborn gives unavoidable burst damage every 6 seconds now just like old proc sets like pre nerf viper, red mountain, tremorscale which were deemed unhealthy for pvp

The changes to caluurion especially the removal of a crit requirement have made this set incredibly threatening, it offers 23k TT of burst with malacath and it'll proc every 10 seconds on cooldown

Same thing goes for widowmaker a 20k TT over 5 seconds before malacath is just insane even tho it has a little more counterplay than other sets as it has a delay and a smaller AoE

• Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Stranglers change but it should not have the duration that was added it nerfs it too hard in competitive pve
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Would Innate Axiom get any more use you think? On sorc builds seem generally good...not sure the loss since it only effects class abilities and not my staff ones.

Change: The 2 piece of this set is now Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than Magicka. The 3 piece of this set now also grants Magicka.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf81 wrote: »
    Would Innate Axiom get any more use you think? On sorc builds seem generally good...not sure the loss since it only effects class abilities and not my staff ones.

Change: The 2 piece of this set is now Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than Magicka. The 3 piece of this set now also grants Magicka.

They would need to buff it along with other sets that increase narrow skill types. I feel all of these sets ought to be 550 at the bare minimum if not also 600 damage given New Moon Acolyte with 481 Weapon/Spell Damage, even with the 5% increase to all abilities.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Witchmans is now a potentially really useful set. But i would like to use a magicka version. Song of Lamia is so group focused that it doesn't feel nice to use solo. Can witchmans have more magicka inclusive set piece bonuses and a better ordering if people backbar it? Or can we see a magicka version of witchmans in the future please?

I was excited about Witchman, but then realized it is still 51 x cost of ultimate, so it'll still be a trash set.

@ZOS, please consider changing this to

(5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you restore for 51 Health, Stamina and Magicka per point of the Ultimate's cost spent.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably the only one who cares, but am not real keen on Soulshine changes.
    Soulshine: This set now grants 369 Spell Damage for 5 seconds after activating a channel or cast time ability, rather than adding 450 Spell Damage to your channeled or cast time abilities.

This will turn a marginal niche set into an even more marginal niche set. I guess a jab spammer might get some use out of it reliably enough, but for anyone else, I gotta ask, why would you choose this over any other damage set?

369 spell damage as the 5th piece bonus is not exactly stellar you know. And the condition required to proc it makes it pretty janky to use. Especially in high lag environment.

If the bonus starts, as is written, the moment you activate the ability, will the first channel or cast benefit from the bonus? Will the timer on the buff start but the skill used to activate it wont benefit from it? Or will it activate after the first cast. If it activates immediately and gets applied on the skill used to proc it, then it is basically just the same as the old one, just weaker, since most of that 5 seconds is eaten by the cast itself. If it activates after, then you wont get it on the first skill cast, and most of the up time is wasted on the cast or channel time of the latter. And what if the duration starts on activation, but the skill used to proc it wont benefit from it, since you know, it was cast without the buff, then that would be utterly terrible indeed.

Besides, it's not like there are all that many such skills in the game anyway - Jabs, JesusBeam, that Soul ultimate, Inevitable detonation, and non Procced Crystal (since the one that retained the cast time is gonna go instant stam morph) and DarkFlare. Then there are some stam abilities, but this is a mag set so not really important. Maybe someone, who uses Channeled Acceleration for the crit buff in their rotation, could use this new version, but with a duration of only 5 seconds that sounds pretty dumb idea indeed.

To make matters worse, Darkflare and Inevitable can often take couple of seconds to actually cast thanks to lag, and JesusBbeam has a channel time of 2 seconds, while Soul Assault lasts 6 seconds. The buff wont even last all the way through that thing! And what about Lightning Heavy attacks - that.s 2.2 seconds there.

I mean, on paper, the idea sounds fine. You are running a channel based build, and now you will get some extra damage to the stuff you drop between those cast time and channel spells. But the 5 second duration makes the whole thing pointless. Channels and cast time abilities eat up all the buff time, so you can't really be wasting your time casting those spells, but if you will not be using cast time and channel spells, then why would you use a set that requires you to use them?

All the other x damage to y type attacks got a big buff, 'cause they are mostly useless and relevant only to niche builds. But instead of buff to channel and cast time bonus, you went and changed it to something that is pretty much unusable and pointless. Like I said before, only a dedicated jab maniac, who is constantly jabbing and maybe dropping 1 other spell between those jabs can keep this thing up consistently enough to be usable, but even so, that sortta playstyle has other options for damage set. Most of which are better anyway.

This change is just bonkers, and the numbers used smack of designing by mathematical formula instead of, you know, actually with some thought and care. All you had to do, was to bump the bonus from 450 to 600 and keep it as it is, and it might start seeing some use by someone else besides me. With this change, I don't think anyone will opt to use it, and I will also place it back to storage once more to collect dust. I used to use it lot way back in 2016 or there abouts, back when dual swords on mag builds was still a thing, and double beam builds were cool. Then it got placed into storage, and got dug up 8 or 9 months ago, to be used on my niche weirdo zergherder build. However, with this change... Yeah, it's toast again. I'll get more use out of Julianos or maybe go with New moon acolyte. Not as if I'm running a high APM build or anything, so I can live with the extra skill cost.

Anyway... I've said it before, and I'll say it again; You can't just go and design by numbers, you gotta take into account the specifics of each situation. Channels and cast times do not work the same as other skills, so you can't just slap the same 5 second generic proc duration on a mechanic dependant on them and expect things to work.

But whatever... Not as if ZOS will listen, I'm more just venting, and I already found new options as to what to equip next patch based on these item set changes. Too bad that one of my golden oldie fav sets is gonna go back to being mothballed.

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone also notice Medusa's set changes make it an alternative(?) for mothers sorrow albeit it being a heavy set you could still staff/jewelry it as well.
    Post PTR:
    (2 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 900 Spell Critical
    Gain Minor Force at all times, increasing your Critical Damage by 10%.

Anyone tried this out with Treasure Hunter?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Anyone also notice Medusa's set changes make it an alternative(?) for mothers sorrow albeit it being a heavy set you could still staff/jewelry it as well.
    Post PTR:

no point, major prophesy is got by a potion, would be better with mothers sorrow.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Post PTR:

no point, major prophesy is got by a potion, would be better with mothers sorrow.

Would be best with a spell damage ( or magicka but spell damage scales higher and have a persistent buff even if only front barring it ) set because all spell crit and no damage you still critting like a wet noodle.

However, good luck sustaining it, on magdk you better be a Breton with a Charged staff.

In other words, trap is more worth.

Maybe good for vMA.. probably.
    Edited by Jodynn on July 19, 2020 1:19AM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback is simple really, Dungeon sets should not be more powerful than trial sets. I do like that you are buffing these dungeon overland crafting sets but they should still be under the power of the trial sets. I looked at the existing set changes you proposed and most are still lack luster. I would really love these to be useful so we can have more build diversity rather than stam players all in the same thing and mag etc. My suggestion is not nerf trial sets but buff the others.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Question regarding ilambris monster set...I notice in the ptr patch notes they are changing from direct damage to damage over time. My question is will class passives effect this?
    Example being Necro has a Rapid Rot 15% increased damage over time passive.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Post PTR:

Would be best with a spell damage ( or magicka but spell damage scales higher and have a persistent buff even if only front barring it ) set because all spell crit and no damage you still critting like a wet noodle.

However, good luck sustaining it, on magdk you better be a Breton with a Charged staff.

In other words, trap is more worth.

Maybe good for vMA.. probably.

No point in vMA, Channeled Accel lasts longer than each round. I’ve also seen people use Barbed Trap very effectively before enemies spawn.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrassian Stranglers:
    Remove the stack timer, keep all the others changes made. Lets remember this item is breaking a five set bonus or a Monster set, the damage needs to take that into account.

False God:
    Revert all the changes.

Vestment of Olorime:
    Reduced the duration of the Major Courage to 15 seconds.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on July 19, 2020 8:22AM