The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I took another look at Soulshine now that it's gone live.

In terms of magicka DPS skills, it triggers on Lightning Staff attacks, Templar RD, Sweeps & Dark Flare, and Sorc: hard cast of Crystal Frags.

The set has always been a niche class heavy Magplar build set. The new changes opens it up to possible lightning staff builds.

I've determined that the set procs after the damage lands from a channel or cast ability, which means it doesn't buff the initial attack. In the practical sense it means the set is up 5 out of every 6 seconds.

That puts it roughly on par with Julianos over all, and a third less spell damage for a sweep heavy Templar DPS rotation from before the update. If you paired it with War Maiden, which was buffed 50%, the damage done is also about on par from before the update, again on a class heavy Magplar build. I've run tests on dummies, actual PVE mobs, and even PVP. The differences are negligible given differences in crits, rotation flubs, ect.

Bottom line: This was a heavy nerf for magplars using the set, about the only class that did. Generally It's now on par with Julianos on a lightning staff light attack weave rotation. Reducing what made the set special has instead made it redundant.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The new moon acolyte nerf's reasoning sucks. Did you guys not even consider that many people use it in PvP in solo? .

And many of us use it in PvE.

The reasoning is bad, but I think the decision to nerf nma was a good one.
    Most sets that offer high wpd/spd have proc conditions, build up etc.
    The biggest strength of nma was that you just get the stats, and that's it no fuss no huss.

Sounds like basically Elsweyr is old news so they don't need to sell that expansion/DLC anymore. Time to nerf what was maybe deliberately overpowered.