Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heike are you saying i'm taking pot shots at you? If so - then again i've been clearly mis-understood. I was not taking pot shots at anyone.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    @heike are you saying i'm taking pot shots at you? If so - then again i've been clearly mis-understood. I was not taking pot shots at anyone.

No, not you at all. Our fights against each other are always good, and without any tbagging on either side. lol

Again, I’m sorry the AD pugs showed up at Glade; it was an otherwise great fight.

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how the low pop bonus work?
    I mean right now all the factions are on 2 bars but only ep and dc are getting the bonus
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean right now all the factions are on 2 bars but only ep and dc are getting the bonus

It's based on average population over time that is recalculated hourly. The 'over-time' portion of that is unknown. It could be a day, two days or a week. From experience, I want to say it takes about a week's worth of population information. That could be entirely wrong, though.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

It's based on average population over time that is recalculated hourly. The 'over-time' portion of that is unknown. It could be a day, two days or a week. From experience, I want to say it takes about a week's worth of population information. That could be entirely wrong, though.

Oh ok then.
    Meh, atm ad are pretty much non existent ( we only hold brindle and can't get any keep back)
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A social/PvE guild of mine had a PvP event today in Sotha, the best the 6 of us could manage was take an outpost for about 5 minutes only to get zergeddown by about 25 people and emp.

How anyone still plays this campaign puzzles me. On either side. I especially dont get why the emp needs to put his weight behind killing any potential PvP when it's a month long campaign and they emp every single day.

Edited by gabriebe on March 4, 2018 3:23AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to keep my low pop bonus ap pls
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has completely destroyed this campaign.

Seriously, what does the AD zerg on Sotha do when they have no one to fight? Do they RP?

It amazes me when me and a few friends take a resource and shortly after an AD zerg shows up... they just wait to see something, anything... light up on the map and then bam! They are there...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah rohaus the amount of times my grp takes a resource and get a response of over 10-15 ad is common as hell and its quite a challenge the kill them with only 3-6 people even when we fight with drunks grp even more ad show up and you end up fighting over a raid size amount of people but ad isnt the only faction todo that bashu does it and a few ep guilds do the same thing but ad is deff the worse at it and the funny thing is they complain the most out of everyone
    Edited by J18696 on March 4, 2018 9:30PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    AD has completely destroyed this campaign.

Seriously, what does the AD zerg on Sotha do when they have no one to fight? Do they RP?

It amazes me when me and a few friends take a resource and shortly after an AD zerg shows up... they just wait to see something, anything... light up on the map and then bam! They are there...

All factions live in a glass house, my friend.

Edited by cbaudersub17_ESO on March 6, 2018 12:55AM
  • squidprojectb14_ESO

Then shouldn't siege do moar damage?
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Then shouldn't siege do moar damage?

Somewhere in this thread history was some back and forth about the faction that was quick to lay down field siege. So first to siege should auto-win regardless of what, how, and where it's used?

But it doesn't matter to me because everyone knows a bow-wielding nightblade is only suppose to crouch in stealth around keep walls pew-pewing snipe.

More to the original point. What does siege have to do with the theme of this faction nightcaps, shows up with 20 peeps to defend a resource, blobs and runs the map, and/or gate camps?

Every faction does it, did it, and will do it. And yes, it will happen when it makes little sense to with what is going on with the map or campaign.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    How anyone still plays this campaign puzzles me. On either side.

+1

I like no CP, too bad you can't play it.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no-CP is great. Too bad this campaign is dead if you're AD.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this campaign is great. always something to fight.. even if it is 20+ at some points in time.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    @Adenoma ,

I am not sure if you are aware, but for the past several months AD have continuously outnumbered the other alliances combined on this server. Until a week ago, almost every time I logged on they were gate camping DC and EP. Every evening looked like the image below (not my screenshot, it was taken from elsewhere on this thread). If non-CP is dead, AD have no one to blame but themselves. I fully realize that campaigns turn around, and every alliance gate camps at one point or another, but AD certainly took it to heart to PVdoor every single keep for weeks and months on end. Since the influx of several DC groups in the past weeks, the campaign has changed with DC now leading, but with an important difference. They don't gate camp.

So I guess my final word is this: I get it guys, you want to take over the map. But taking tri-keeps and camping at each others gates brews nothing but contention. If we want a good, balanced non-CP community, we really need to work together to ensure that kind of behavior does not continue.

1v5tJL3.png
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Odysseus87 , you misunderstand me. I hate being AD in this campaign because there's nobody to fight on other alliances. It's why I basically only play Shor now.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    @Adenoma
    Ah, your right, I that was my mistake. You might give Sotha another try, I think you’ll find that EP and DC have been hitting the Dominion pretty hard as of late.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Odysseus87 , you misunderstand me. I hate being AD in this campaign because there's nobody to fight on other alliances. It's why I basically only play Shor now.

We definitely play in different time zones as when I log in, AD have 0 keeps and its pretty much impossible to put a group together
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odysseus87 wrote: »
    @Adenoma ,

I am not sure if you are aware, but for the past several months AD have continuously outnumbered the other alliances combined on this server. Until a week ago, almost every time I logged on they were gate camping DC and EP. Every evening looked like the image below (not my screenshot, it was taken from elsewhere on this thread). If non-CP is dead, AD have no one to blame but themselves. I fully realize that campaigns turn around, and every alliance gate camps at one point or another, but AD certainly took it to heart to PVdoor every single keep for weeks and months on end. Since the influx of several DC groups in the past weeks, the campaign has changed with DC now leading, but with an important difference. They don't gate camp.

So I guess my final word is this: I get it guys, you want to take over the map. But taking tri-keeps and camping at each others gates brews nothing but contention. If we want a good, balanced non-CP community, we really need to work together to ensure that kind of behavior does not continue.

1v5tJL3.png

It's a perpetuating cycle. So when the next faction that comes along does the same thing back to AD, there will be complaints from them about "what's happening is ruining the campaign".
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will complain, but i would kill for that. So many people to fight.
  • ImSnowman
    ImSnowman
    It was actually fun pvp a couple days ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4KI4Cdq1M&t=3s
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    People will complain, but i would kill for that. So many people to fight.

Not when you have 15-20 ADs zerging down the resource that your 2-3 man took. I mean I like outnumbered fights but when the faction stack comes with several healers/walking earthgores and ulti dumps you repeatedly, it's just not fun.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know...10 minutes ago one AD took scroll of chim from blackboot and brought it all the way up to sej where a group of ep showed up and took the scroll from him.
    They almost made it...but they lost it near farragut.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had some fun, balanced PvP at 1:22am EST today. A warm thank-you to everyone who participated.

uPpIf2z.png
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Had some fun, balanced PvP at 1:22am EST today. A warm thank-you to everyone who participated.
    uPpIf2z.png

It's amazing how many 800CP+ players are hanging out on AD, you'd think they'd... be better.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• AsherGrey
    AsherGrey
    I'm not sure if anyone remembers consortium. We played 6 months ago in sotha and had been in it since it was azura. We used to win every campaign on dc. When we came back to sotha after a 6 month break, we learned about ad winning ever since we left. We've been back for 6 days and have managed to make a decent push for points, but lack numbers. We play around 10 pm cst until about 5 am. We are usually a group of 8-20. If ad would like to fight dc, that would be the time to do it. Otherwise I doubt you'll find even a single active guild. Dc seems pretty dead.

Side note; good fights to Dosey and the few guys that run with him, you guys are great.
    -Co-GM of Consortium
    -DC
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    AsherGrey wrote: »
    ...We play around 10 pm cst until about 5 am. We are usually a group of 8-20. If ad would like to fight dc, that would be the time to do it. Otherwise I doubt you'll find even a single active guild. Dc seems pretty dead.

11pm to 6am EST...? Overnighting the map?

Your guild “lacks numbers,” but you run in groups of 20? In the middle of the night? And you need MORE people to help you PVDoor...?

lol?

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AsherGrey , great that you guys are going to be in the campaign, but I don't think that there are many people that play during those oceanic hours. It sounds like AD will continue to flip the map during the day, and then you guys are gonna more or less need to PvDoor during the night.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, old times then. Sorry to hear the BDO thing didn't work out Asher, bunch of TM people did the same thing about 2 yrs ago.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube