The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for PvP from mid day onwards (I'm CET and your mid day is my evening), what would be my best bet if I don't want to run in a big zerg? DC?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    So for PvP from mid day onwards (I'm CET and your mid day is my evening), what would be my best bet if I don't want to run in a big zerg? DC?

AD.

If you roll DC or EP no matter what you do a 30 player AD zerg will come to you. At least if you play AD, 30 of them won't materialize whenever you get a decent fight going.
    Edited by usmcjdking on March 14, 2018 9:52PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashu left?

For shame Sotha.

He will be missed.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    @Drakkdjinn,
    Yeah, he left last campaign. As an EP, I miss him like hell. He poured his heart into organizing and rallying DC, only to get swept away by 60 PvDoor warriors every night. I honestly can’t blame him, he put a lot of time and effort in only to have it flushed down the drain. He will be sorely missed.

Edit: Apparently he's still around occasionally, I just haven't seen him during the day or prime time.
    Edited by Odysseus87 on March 15, 2018 7:55PM
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Bashu left?

For shame Sotha.

He will be missed.

He still comes to Sotha. I think he must play normal hours on a different map, but he’ll show up at midnight cst, along with another DC group, and run the map until 2-3am.

He hasn’t completely disappeared, though.

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • 1skaral
    1skaral
    ✭✭
    Tons of AD, you say? No other DC left to get in the way? Sounds like a blast! I'm excited to resume playing next week - work has kept me away from all the fun.
    PC/NA - Non-CP
    DC - Salev Ajen, Magicka DK
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else amused about how the scores are turning out at the end of this campaign? I might of burst out laughing when I glanced at them. Overwhelming a campaign all the way to last place is a rare talent.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else amused about how the scores are turning out at the end of this campaign? I might of burst out laughing when I glanced at them. Overwhelming a campaign all the way to last place is a rare talent.

They zerg because they lose.

And they lose because they zerg.

This is absolutely poetic.
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...TFW a faction zergs down a map for 3 weeks, actively camps tri-keeps, and in general seems uninterested in doing anything else not only manages to not win the campaign, but also finds a way to not come in 2nd place also to the plucky forgotten faction is...well..I think there may be a song that comes to mind...
    Edited by D0RID0RI240 on March 18, 2018 6:26PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MptFwkH.png

Congratulations to DC & EP for their strong 1st and 2nd place finishings, despite being consistently and heavily outnumbered throughout the campaign!
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Floobs
    Floobs
    Not enough LOLs in the world for that screenshot. It's beautiful.
    the squirreliest stam sorc

Chill Bros Chat Lounge
    Chill Bros Weenie Hut
    The Worst Faction
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm AD, played a tiny amount of the campaign for them, and that scoreboard warms my heart. They deserve that.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is hilarious.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    MptFwkH.png

Congratulations to DC & EP for their strong 1st and 2nd place finishings, despite being consistently and heavily outnumbered throughout the campaign!

This is history. Praise @ZOS_BrianWheeler !
  • Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭
    great campaign , good fights good ap. , ty ad for stickin it out. goodbye to sotha for now.
  • zevidiah
    zevidiah
    Aww man.. does this mean we are not going to have an ad crew this time around?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if campaign wins really meant something...

Also low pop bonus really stands out as a bad design idea. There are so many things wrong with Cyrodiil.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zevidiah wrote: »

Probs not...

kJlgIyi.png
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great campaign. not sure why all the bashing on AD. they mobilize the largest force during prime time hours and had easily the biggest presence with emp during that time.

Unfortunate that they get bested on affirmative action technicalities that grant crutches to under-populated factions who abuse late night cyrodiil ghost towns to pvdoor and flip the entire map back.

bottom line - AD won the campaign during the hours that matter most on an NA server. Primetime 5pm to Midnight monday through friday and weekends. That DC curb stomps empty keeps at 3 and 4 am and then acts like it is an accomplishment because of a technicality on low pop bonus exploitation is a bit disingenuous and frankly absurd.

but as others have already noted - it truly doesn't matter. just a cyclical hamster wheel that refreshes every 30 days and begins again. the campaign results mean nothing (maybe a few grand in gold).

The only thing that truly matters - the epic fights you can find in cyrodiil. Which unfortunately are becoming harder and harder to find.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    The only thing that truly matters - the epic fights you can find in cyrodiil. Which unfortunately are becoming harder and harder to find.

I usually begin my Cyrodiil session at the tail-end of primetime, around 11:30pm to 12am EDT, and this has NOT been my experience.

Are people so quick to forget what the first 3 weeks of the campaign were like? Entirely yellow map, for—literally—days on end ring any bells? Aside from the occasional RR or DL raids (which rarely managed to take back home keeps, let alone a dethrone), the map remained in that state well into the "nightcap" hours, during which I also play (early evening where I live).

Then during the last week to week-and-a-half, when DC and EP enjoyed a more regular guild presence, and the scores began approaching a tighter, more competitive level (read: one faction not 7,000 points ahead anymore), the population on both factions began increasing noticeably, getting as high as 2 bars during primetime (and even when at 1-bar, still with healthy-sized groups able to take objectives).

I don't believe it's any coincidence that more people started logging-on once the the campaign began approaching a more balanced state. It's not even an issue of the score, which I agree has no value of it's own. It's the simple fact that having your 5-man x group crushed by a yellow zerg of 24 when merely reclaiming home keep resources is a pretty strong disincentive to trying to accomplish anything on the map.

If the cost of this singular victory is AD bailing from the campaign, then hell yeah, I'll take it. Because a 2-faction campaign is still a helluva lot more fun than a 1-faction one.
    Edited by TheYKcid on March 19, 2018 4:19PM
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look out Auridon, IV raids coming for your mobs soon.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watch out Fort Warden, AA raids going to ride 500 miles to fall down dead outside your doors.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    zevidiah wrote: »

Probs not...

kJlgIyi.png

It's a perpetuating cycle. So when the next faction that comes along does the same thing back to AD, there will be complaints from them about "what's happening is ruining the campaign".

Can you give me powerball numbers for next week?
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    great campaign. not sure why all the bashing on AD. they mobilize the largest force during prime time hours and had easily the biggest presence with emp during that time.

But the former is the cause of the latter, don't you see that? Hence the bashing
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the AD in sotha?
    Did they all run to shor?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the AD in sotha?
    Did they all run to shor?

Doubtful. AD in Shor has been a little more populated, but still consistently undermanned.

...but are you telling me there's room for a wee guild to come back to AD in Sotha? That would be welcome news.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually begin my Cyrodiil session at the tail-end of primetime, around 11:30pm to 12am EDT, and this has NOT been my experience.

If the cost of this singular victory is AD bailing from the campaign, then hell yeah, I'll take it. Because a 2-faction campaign is still a helluva lot more fun than a 1-faction one.

guess we're in different cyrodiils. All i see now is blue pvedoor spam. Super boring. On a positive note - I have no lamentations about logging at midnight to 1am central anymore. The map is dead.

As I stated before and will continue to say, when AD was zerging there was always a fight to be had. I enjoyed that. AD everywhere to kill. Sure, you sometimes got zerged. But I can promise you this - it's significantly better to que cyrodiil and fight opponents in actual pvp on the map than sit back in a state of malaise as blue pvedoors the campaign and tells everyone in zone chat how great they are at beating back a 3 bar AD pop when that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The only thing blue was better at - staying up till the wee hours of the morning flipping an empty map when most sane people are sleeping and preparing for the next day. Great Job!

As for 5 man groups getting crushed by zerg. I've seen 5 man groups rick roll a zerg. That noble, pride, envy group - unreal. I've seen 20 man guild raids cower from zergs.. and i've watched first hand a 5 man laugh in the face of a zerg and crap on them for over 30 mins. Perspective i guess.

I would wager that the envy/pride group would take AD zerg over the pvedoor crap we got now 10 times out of 10.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So essentially what @mursie is saying is:

AD should be commended for having greater numbers during a certain, arbitrary period of the day... but DC are shameful, slimy villains for having greater numbers at another arbitrary period of the day.

How consistent of him.

Let's get something straight. Contrary to what your tone would have people believe, DC does not intentionally log-on during off-peak hours with the premeditated intention of wiping an empty map. The Blues who are pushing (and winning, often against two remaining bars of Yellow) between 2-3am EDT are the SAME ones who were getting zerged by a pop-locked AD faction at 11am.

But I guess perseverance is also considered cheating, in your book.

You know, if this issue really bothers you that much, @mursie, why not put your money where your mouth is and roll an AD character? Because the last time I checked, you were right there at the Ash/Nikel milegate on your Blue toon at 2am EDT today (gasp! nightcapper!), stealthed and looking for poor, victimised Yellows to gank.

I, for one, would be glad to give you those epic fights you crave.
    Edited by TheYKcid on March 21, 2018 3:27PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So essentially what @mursie is saying is:

AD should be commended for having greater numbers during a certain, arbitrary period of the day... but DC are shameful, slimy villains for having greater numbers at another arbitrary period of the day.

How consistent of him.

Let's get something straight. Contrary to what your tone would have people believe, DC does not intentionally log-on during off-peak hours with the premeditated intention of wiping an empty map. The Blues who are pushing (and winning, often against two remaining bars of Yellow) between 2-3am EDT are the SAME ones who were getting zerged by a pop-locked AD faction at 11am.

But I guess perseverance is also considered cheating, in your book.

You know, if this issue really bothers you that much, @mursie, why not put your money where your mouth is and roll an AD character? Because the last time I checked, you were right there at the Ash/Nikel milegate on your Blue toon at 2am EDT today (gasp! nightcapper!), stealthed and looking for poor, victimised Yellows to gank.

I, for one, would be glad to give you those epic fights you crave.

well you're incorrect since i logged at midnight. the rest of your post is filled with equally incorrect garbage.

the rhetoric in zone chat is what creates the issue here. DC as of late is championing their success to "beating back the 3bar AD zerg"

that is laughable. the particular group championing these comments are nowhere to be found when 3 bar pop AD is taking keeps. I know... i'm at those keep watching them fall with no defense. Those DC champions don't rally up and do anything until 3 am.

You see - i don't care when you work the zone. I don't care how you work the zone. I care about the disingenous rhetoric that would have others believe that a particular group of DC beat back Goliath by showing up with their raid group. It's laughable. I've seen small 5 mans beat back the zerg... and the DC group in question... ain't no skilled 5 man.

I see you're bothered though by my comments. I can only assume you're one of the sheep in that particular DC group. Sorry you're butthurt by comments.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for rolling AD, (or EP for that matter), already on the docket. More than a few DC that I can't wait to bury an execute into.

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw