The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Alite wrote: »
    esotoon wrote: »
    LIterally every time I've logged in we've owned the entire map so it's really become unplayable.

I can understand this. :/ As a DC player though, I have to give props to the AD Emps this campaign for generally leaving our Tri-Keeps alone, so we can at least participate. Even if that participation is often greeted by 100 AP starved AD players waiting to pounce on our every move. ;)

For a lot of the newer players that I’ve talked to, it’s a direct reflection on what they’ come from in Kyne. Look at Kyne right now, which is totally blue and where AD is camped at their trikeeps, while having no scrolls. It’s simply all they know when they ping out of Kyne.

@squidprojectb14_ESO , @pzschrek , sazaki, Fruit, @treatz and myself have run in small man, until there’s nothing left to do. Then we split up and go do something else.

But, each one of them will tell you that we run into almost no one that we know in these pug groups. And many of them are fresh out of Kyne... and pissed off. lol

They’re uncontrollable, even we we scream at them to leave trikeeps alone.

Funny, anytime I see zazaki he's chasing down solo sorcs with his shield breaker setup and the 8 other people in his group.

Calling that garbage small manning is almost as stupid as zerglings that teabag solo players after running them down. Maybe you should reassess your definition of small manning.

So..... if our group of 6 is seiging Nik, and you come up from behind us (not YOU, but I’m general) and keeps hitting and bolting away around the rocks, until Sazaki turns and chases the Sorc down....

THAT makes it “trashy play?”

That’s laughable.

If you don’t want to get killed, then don’t hit from behind and assume that you’ll be able to bolt away every time. Seems like fairly simple logic.

Except that's rarely the situation. Most of the time it's 2 of us capturing a resource, getting 6-8 people sent to the resource and zerging us down.

I have nothing against zergs and large group play but please don't tell me that's what smallscaling is nowadays.

Said nightblade has also 8v2'd us and proceed to camp our bodies so our third could not res because "we're trolls" for doing what we do.

6 people coming to a resource, as a group, is not a zerg. It’s 6 people.

Are we supposed to know ahead of time, that it’s 2 people? Maybe send a scout...? Are we then suppose to say to ourselves, “okay there’s only 2 people there, so only 2 of you are allowed to go there... and each of you square off, 7 meters apart.”

Seriously? You’re being serious here?

I have screenies of 51 EP coming to BRK mine, to kill @squidprojectb14_ESO and I. Fletchlokk rolled in and swan-dove into the massive sea of red... then we laughed and rezzed at Sej. But, I didn’t make a commentary about it.

Outside of watching the back postern of a keep during seige, I’ve never seen Sazaki camp a body, and I run with him every night.
    We’re simply too adhd to stand idly. lol

It's what we do. If we see a solo player when we're duoing or running a 4 man, we ask in voice chat who wants the 1v1. But that doesn't matter, I'm not here to enforce my playstyle on others.

Once again this debate isn't about how people should play. It's about the misconception around what "smallscale" is and 6-8v2ing someone isn't smallscale in my books.

And he has done it to us multiple times.
    Edited by Sylphie on February 8, 2018 7:54AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    double quoted.
    Edited by Sylphie on February 8, 2018 8:33PM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake small Scalers? Not possible.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really simple. You were always small scaling when you won and always zerged down when you lost.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A wise man once said:
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    I'd encourage everyone to have a toon on all alliances, it means you will always get out numbered fights, help boost the losing side, and never be responsible for zerging the map.

We’re simply too adhd to stand idly.
    Certified true statement. :smiley:

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    A wise man once said:
    I'd encourage everyone to have a toon on all alliances, it means you will always get out numbered fights, help boost the losing side, and never be responsible for zerging the map.

Where have YOU been?!?!? :smiley:
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just joined sotha sil after 2 years of Vivec and because I moved I no longer have ADSL (yeah, australia is also this, not just spiders), so I'm stuck with a wireless modem.
    Been forced to leave Vivec as I couldn't make two steps there without crashing lol.
    Anyway.... Any AD guild there?
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the day that play on this server, i have to say the last few days have been a blast. I wish AD good fortune in this campaign and all the wars to come.
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A wise man once said:

Where have YOU been?!?!? :smiley:

@Heike: No one ever REALLY leaves. My PvP lag merged with my PvE lag to open a portal. I now watch and observe.

#AzurasStarNeverForget

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    ...... and DC has low pop bonus for the 4th day in a row, despite being at 2 bars or higher. Why doesn’t EP get low pop? And when/how does this mechanic expire?

A faction will WIN a campaign, despite not owning more than 4 keeps for this long?

#broken
    Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG DC AT 2 BARS EXTERMINATE FAST THEY ARE EXPLOITING A LOW POP BONUS EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

Like chill dude, you should be happy there's anyone left in this campaign at all that isn't AD.
    Edited by gabriebe on February 11, 2018 8:53PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...... and DC has low pop bonus for the 4th day in a row, despite being at 2 bars or higher. Why doesn’t EP get low pop? And when/how does this mechanic expire?

It's re-evaluated every 30 mins.

As for the bars, I wouldn't put much faith in them. It's only anecdotal, but there have been times recently when DC has had two bars when there has seemed barely enough players on to form a large group of 16+, plus a couple small man teams.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    OMG DC AT 2 BARS EXTERMINATE FAST THEY ARE EXPLOITING A LOW POP BONUS EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

Like chill dude, you should be happy there's anyone left in this campaign at all that isn't AD.

Seriously, if the Shor crowd could go away, that'd be great, tyvm.
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    SMH at any organized AD group running in this server r/n.
  • NobleGuardian
    NobleGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/F7FDx1yfkyc a majority of this video is our PvP from Sotha this last week :) enjoy
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    SMH at any organized AD group running in this server r/n.

I believe the only group that is on now are IV, which is cleaning up the damage done by Bashu’s DC group of 20+ which logged on at midnight and overnighted the map.

Other than that, I believe that IV is the only medium/large group on. The rest are pugs.
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the only group that is on now are IV, which is cleaning up the damage done by Bashu’s DC group of 20+ which logged on at midnight and overnighted the map.

Given maintenance started at 1am PST and went on for several hours, it's impressive that Bashu's group managed to 'overnight' the map.
    Edited by esotoon on February 12, 2018 10:15PM
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    And now, since the server has been up for approximately 30 minutes and all 3 factions are at 1 bar... DC and EP are both getting 100 point bonuses for lowpop. lol

There goes the notion that anything was “fixed” with this patch. smh
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i was on last night DC barely took emp EP took brk like a second after DC took chal if ep was a second faster they would have not gotten emp
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Given maintenance started at 1am PST and went on for several hours, it's impressive that Bashu's group managed to 'overnight' the map.

I’m impressed he can do anything.
    It is what it is, though.

DC kept lowpop bonus, and emped.

And have now gained 5,000 points in 4 days. lol
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    When i was on last night DC barely took emp EP took brk like a second after DC took chal if ep was a second faster they would have not gotten emp

EP had defended Chal well a short time before so we weren't sure if they were still there, but as soon as we saw seige at BRK, the race was on. It ended with everyone stacking the front flag willing it to flip, whilst staring at their maps fearing BRK would turn red first. Like you said, there was literally 1 or 2 seconds seperating the two keep flips. So close!
    Edited by esotoon on February 13, 2018 2:59AM
  • DamianDemonist
    tzsmEww.png
    This is what the majority of the time I log into on Sotha
    Below was the score value on the 9th February 2018
    V6b5B7c.png

I like to point out the AD that stayed in Sotha and are complaining on the Forums, it has been known fact that DC had become the lowest populated Faction on Sotha since certain guilds left for Vivec a couple of cycles ago. If it wasn't for the "exploit" low pop bonus, DC would never had the chance to become close in Score value and also as a person playing Eastern Australian Times during the night I would have to sometimes face 20+ AD who nightcap and push both factions to the gates when barely anyone on even when there is no scrolls. Not calling anyone liars in this forum but the gate campers are not new players in Sotha as I saw multiple tabards of guilds who have been here for a while. So the AD are only complaining because they have a slim chance of losing while exploiting their pop lock advantage over both factions.

P.S I welcome the Shor crowd here, its not like I haven't have seen AD on Sotha who are not even homed there.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what exactly does winning the campaign get you....
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    So what exactly does winning the campaign get you....

E-peen, additional rewards that are mostly likely useless unless you have great luck, a bit more gold, and as I've heard a second 50 transmute crystal geode.

Basically a second geode if that pans out.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards for trying to win a month long camp are pretty *** for the time and effort people invest into it i like the low pop bonus means my grp gets more ap when we play Dc
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • DamianDemonist
    OfR7ArM.png
    UOVlWK4.png
    Are AD that thirsty for AP that they have to go take both Faction Tri-keeps with the Emperor or are they just spiteful of both factions?
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even half an hour later DC were without keeps and ep had only one.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are AD that thirsty for AP that they have to go take both Faction Tri-keeps with the Emperor or are they just spiteful of both factions?

The night before there was a group of 8-12 AD who took the DC tri-keeps, with just 1 DC on at the time to defend. Once they got the DC scrolls, the only thing not yellow on the map were the EP tri-keeps and scrolls. Yet when that DC player went to get a home keep resource back, they still came back from the other side of the map to Rayles Mine and killed them.

But come next campaign, there will again be complaints about DC getting the low pop bonus whilst AD are stood around wondering why they have no one to fight.

I can't work out if the continual camping is intentional on their part, or if they are just that damned oblivious. :/
    Edited by esotoon on February 16, 2018 10:39AM
  • squidprojectb14_ESO

I can't work out if the continual camping is intentional on their part, or if they are just that damned oblivious. :/

The latter, I suspect. I think they're just noob-ish and haven't figured out that steamrolling an empty map isn't very much fun.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    It was a night of fantastic ERP.

AD and DC roleplayed that EP had Emp, so AD sent 3bars to Chalman and DC took all the tri-keeps. I for one felt fully immersed, it definitely felt like we were being dethroned.

At least BG are no CP again. You can ask IV sometime about how many matches it took before somebody on their team picked up a killing blow.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)