The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remove cloak completely

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    ^This.

If OP is actually being serious and not trolling... I fear for the general IQ of today's players. :'(

Why did you have to bring up IQ... Know you just tempted me to make a fool of you and myself by posting an image of legit IQ test. But since i'm not at my PC i wont do that now atleast.

Seriously though, cloak is messed up OP.

You're stupid. If you think something that gets countered by a potion is "messed up OP" id like to see that IQ test, probably in the 60s
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    I love fighting Nightblades. I will always chase them and pressure them in any way I can. If you want to get better at dealing with nightblades, go out and fight some nightblades.

I fought @NightbladeMechanics in Cyrodiil for 20 minutes and got destroyed every time. I recognized their toon name and I know theyre really good. I learned a lot about where my build was vulnerable and what mistakes I was making.

Great point that learning how to deal with a class and it’s skills is far better than asking for the class to be nerfed to your level. Besides, the next clsss to be nerfed will be your own with the nerf mentality.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak isn't OP. While annoying to deal with especially with the experienced NBs, but not OP. And personal attacks on IQ level is gonna bode well... lol. I think they might survive just as well as sorcs if cloak got the such treatment given to streak. But I don't know. Cloak doesn't seem that OP.

The problem with giving it the streak treatment is the two skills are very different. Have you ever tried to cloak away when you have a snare on you? You don't get very far. Where as streak it doesn't matter you're moving that distance in a flash, snare or no snare. If it get the streak treatment with increasing cost it would actually need to have a snare removal function.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Cloak isn't OP. While annoying to deal with especially with the experienced NBs, but not OP. And personal attacks on IQ level is gonna bode well... lol. I think they might survive just as well as sorcs if cloak got the such treatment given to streak. But I don't know. Cloak doesn't seem that OP.

The problem with giving it the streak treatment is the two skills are very different. Have you ever tried to cloak away when you have a snare on you? You don't get very far. Where as streak it doesn't matter you're moving that distance in a flash, snare or no snare. If it get the streak treatment with increasing cost it would actually need to have a snare removal function.

I'd be completely fine with that. Increase it's cost by like 10-15%, give it the streak treatment, BUT it has to remove snares/roots(/dots?). That way it will absolutely remove the ability to spam it on a stamblade (which is the problem - dodge monkeys) but also not totally breaking it. We need an invisibility-rogue-type class. This is, after all, an MMO.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be completely fine with that. Increase it's cost by like 10-15%, give it the streak treatment, BUT it has to remove snares/roots(/dots?). That way it will absolutely remove the ability to spam it on a stamblade (which is the problem - dodge monkeys) but also not totally breaking it. We need an invisibility-rogue-type class. This is, after all, an MMO.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    My problem is that there is no world skill that allows a quasi alternative for non nightblades.

They took class defining stuff from templars and provided world skill alternatives that are competitve to class skills.

purge is in the same ball park as cleanse.
    Orbs is very comparable to shards.

I agree with this 100%.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove the OP from the forums for spreading utter garbage.

Idiot post. Or troll post just for hits.

• Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    remove the OP from the forums for spreading utter garbage.

Idiot post. Or troll post just for hits.

You have nothing productive to say, just be quite.

Wasnt expecting zos to remove a defining skill like cloak. I just want people to become honorable players.

I know I ask to much.
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I love fighting Nightblades. I will always chase them and pressure them in any way I can. If you want to get better at dealing with nightblades, go out and fight some nightblades.

I fought @NightbladeMechanics in Cyrodiil for 20 minutes and got destroyed every time. I recognized their toon name and I know theyre really good. I learned a lot about where my build was vulnerable and what mistakes I was making.

Great point that learning how to deal with a class and it’s skills is far better than asking for the class to be nerfed to your level. Besides, the next clsss to be nerfed will be your own with the nerf mentality.

First they came for the Dragonknights, and I said nothing, as I am not a Dragonknight.
    Then they came for the Sorcerers and I said nothing, as I am not a Sorcerer.
    Then they came for the Templars, and I said nothing, as I am not a Templar.
    Then they came for the Nightblades, and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

First they came for the Dragonknights, and I said nothing, as I am not a Dragonknight.
    Then they came for the Sorcerers and I said nothing, as I am not a Sorcerer.
    Then they came for the Templars, and I said nothing, as I am not a Templar.
    Then they came for the Nightblades, and there was no one left to speak for me.

This chain of comments makes me so happy. This is why seeking true balance outside of our biases is always ideal. If you struggle with fighting a class, 9 time’s out of 10 you can overcome it with a little l2p. That doesn’t mean something isn’t out of balance, but in general a skill gap makes more difference than gear or classes or whatever else. It just takes honesty with yourself and some hard work to overcome.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not... I have on a magblade lol cloaked away in snare. I am a pretty terrible magblade and I am sure it was just my luck though. Lol. Snare removal can be good.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasnt expecting zos to remove a defining skill like cloak. I just want people to become honorable players.

I know I ask to much.

That talk about being honorable and stop using cloak as a nb. Its like saying to a sorc to stop using shields and be honorable, to a templar to stop using BoL or a Dk to stop using spiked armour. I know you will say that a nb can be played without cloak, yes it can ofc but you are crippling yourself by not using one of our best defensive skills. If u wanna play "honorable" u shouldnt have picked the nb class to begin with. And when u bring this up lets talk about what honorable is for you? Is it to stand still with sword and board and just tank all damage and when u get low start running around a tree? Is it to streak back and forth and when in danger streak away half the map. Or is the templar way of sword and board BoL to get too max health in 1 click and when in danger mistforming away? Im just curious what Honorable means for you?

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Remove Cloak and give me a class mobility/defense skill that actually works and can't be countered by something as easy as a potion.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the buggiest skill in the game, it's not functional one patch then is it's fixed the next patch and broken again the next. What other skill is like this?
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec