Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passifest wrote: »
    what i dont understand is how wardens still have ____ING undodgable spammable attacks, which hit HARDER than powerlash, and they dont need to proc it.
    ex. shimmering shield costs half of what wings cost. WTF IS GOIN ON THERE

zos is such a pay to win company. i hope they lose BILLIONS like EA did with the battlefront 2 scandle

Yeah its funny they don't touch warden at all pvp wise when they are by all accounts over performing.

They dont want ppl to stop paying for mrwnd.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Machgun94
    Machgun94
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling the mag DK power lash nerf is somewhat the right direction for PVP, but for PVE - I'm pretty sure this only buried the hole even deeper.Power lash is the MAG DK's bread and butter for PVE, and the only way they sustain without doing a boring heavy attack rotation. I hope ZoS realizes this, and wished they addressed whether they knew this would hurt PVE a lot.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....
    so what if MagDK is good in duels? That's what it's supposed to be best at; the "berserker" role in PvP.

1*NDA1B65s4c5giHMy1bzBMQ.png

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HP cost of Healthy offering is still too much when compared to any other class skill... It is basically a Tank Support heal because I don't know of many effective NB Healer's that can drop that kind of HP at any given moment... It's not worth it, Not even for Minor Mending, Not to mention, the targeting and cast time make it even more difficult, There are many other Healing skills and sets that could be substituted and do a much better job!!! Why do you insist on making useless skills, there is literally no balance, This is why there are "Meta-Builds" which I ****** hate! Rob us of all variety...
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point to come out with new and interesting monster sets that perform really well to only nerf them into the ground so they aren't any better than what's already available?.. This dlc just became worthless.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude I was literally thinking the same thing. It doesn't help when literally EVERY SINGLE STREAMER CAME OUT AND SAID OMG THIS IS SO OP. Of course it's gonna get nerfed with that many videos out saying the same thing. That's the only reason I wanted that dlc. Some monster sets SHPULD be better than others otherwise why farm?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    What's the point to come out with new and interesting monster sets that perform really well to only nerf them into the ground so they aren't any better than what's already available?.. This dlc just became worthless.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude I was literally thinking the same thing. It doesn't help when literally EVERY SINGLE STREAMER CAME OUT AND SAID OMG THIS IS SO OP. Of course it's gonna get nerfed with that many videos out saying the same thing. That's the only reason I wanted that dlc. Some monster sets SHPULD be better than others otherwise why farm?

Have you tested it?

It's OP.

It does nearly 2.5k DPS ... on a stam toon solo parse.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember 2 weeks ago when the off balance changes on the PTS were bugged and all the magDK's had a brief moment of hope that they'd get their long awaited day in the sun... then the "nah it's a bug" by ZOS came to rain on us all. I still held hope they would rework the costs of DK skills or introduce some class specific way of improving our sustain e.g. changing Molten Whip to proc a free cast against burning enemies... but today's notes confirm magDK's went from being buried in a shallow grave to falling down a bottomless pit.

With the high cost of DK skills and having only battle roar to help sustain now we're never going to see play this patch again. I love this game but taking a bottom dwelling class and finding the bottoms basement to place them in takes some effort and is insulting to the community of people that support your product ZOS.

I for one will no longer be supporting this game if these changes go live. I'll keep tabs on the game and if down the road magDK's ever make a come back I might pick it up again. Frankly the Morrowind changes ruined the fun... combat used to be amazing but now it's slow, boring and lacks any sort of diversity.

• Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that mag Dks think it's fine to have an undodgeable super strong dot, undodgeable stunn, undodgeable powerlash, undodgeable ultimate, undodgeable gapcloser and undodgeable proc set.

PvE is different tho, I agree on the concerns from mag Dks there. The PvP complaints are hilarious tho.

I think that is not really a problem with mdk and just a problem with the game direction in general. Everything is being moved into undodgable unavoidable etc. Back in the day you could dodge pretty much every ult and even reflect some. Pro tip tho you can "dodge" leap by kinda moving out of the way, broken as ***.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LET US VIEW LOCKED DYES
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay

That means wasting another slot for a cc ability, as a mag sorc. Frags no longer stun, SA will no longer stun. Besides, stamina people easily break CC in pvp. SA snare effectively countered those fast, erratic NBs.

If you don't have a CC or a snare in your build, you are doing it wrong. SA didn't counter NBs, it destroyed nighblades (and any other medium armor build for that matter). If you want to kill someone, learn how to time your combos, the unpurgeable 70% snare was a dead sentence for any stamina build that wasn't running HA and 1H&s
    SA was brutal mostly to those who didn't know how to counter it. It was effective most of the time, as all ultis should. (though use it wrong - near obstacle and you will be out of any ulti points with zero damage!) Reducing the snare is one thing but going from 70% to 0% is just nonsense.

The counter depends on the caster being mediocre, or the target wearing HA and 1H&S, curse + fury + soul assault properly timed had no counter for medium armor. Even blocking the entire cast would trigger the fury after the curse
    Plus it was a nice rewarded ultimate, unlocked to those who actually played the game and finished the main quest..

LOL, are you serious?

The ultimate is still viable, for those who knows how to use it.

Edited by ManDraKE on January 23, 2018 12:30AM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Azure Plasm in Coldharbour Surreal Estate? thats quite disappointing.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip and it being dodgeable, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

Edit: nothing against the dueling community, but some of these comments are absurd.
    Edited by the_Beard on January 23, 2018 12:34AM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    70% to 0. :D and they say ZOS doesnt know how to take babysteps with their balance chages xD

To be fair tho, enjoying game right now so something is being done alright.. Hope its continues into next patch..

That said - Cyrodiil is still impossible to play on primetime in smaller groups - delays, missed targets, skills not going off. Hope we can expect continued work on this?
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    the_Beard wrote: »
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

good words
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last i checked, all dots are undodgable because they are on the actual person, last i checked, nearly all the classes have access to an undodgable stun, last i checked every aoe ultimate in the game is undodgable however leap has the problem of someone moving out of the range while the DK is mid flight which leads to no damage registering which isn't something that all the other aoe ultimates have, last i checked a class doesn't have it's own proc set, i believe you are referring to skoria which can be used by ANYONE.

Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭

Last I checked, people rarely die from a magDK's dots. What game are you playing???
    Edited by the_Beard on January 23, 2018 12:36AM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Last i checked, all dots are undodgable because they are on the actual person, last i checked, nearly all the classes have access to an undodgable stun, last i checked every aoe ultimate in the game is undodgable however leap has the problem of someone moving out of the range while the DK is mid flight which leads to no damage registering which isn't something that all the other aoe ultimates have, last i checked a class doesn't have it's own proc set, i believe you are referring to skoria which can be used by ANYONE.

good words
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay
    • Guild reputation gains will now appear in the Loot History UI.
    Nice! Now all that's left is Inspiration from Crafting progression, and increases in the special counters of the World skill lines (Legerdemain, Vampire, Werewolf), and Loot History will have succeeded in rendering one add-on redundant (which should always be the aim for vanilla UI improvements).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All dots are undodgeable? The only other undodgeable dot that comes to my mind is the Warden dot (and Soul Trap which is garbage).

Last I checked, people rarely die from a magDK's dots. What game are you playing???

They do, they just don't see it in the recap. People who think that pressure is worth nothing in PvP live in the past.
    For the people saying that magDK excel at 1v1 duels, and deserve the cooldown to whip and it being dodgeable, you are absolutely out of your mind if you think that should be the basis for balance in this game. The dueling community makes up what percentage of this game? Go watch the legend tournaments. There's not all that many people in there compared to weekly leaderboards for pve trials. Pull your head out of the sand and realize that there are other parts of the game than just 1v1 fights.

Edit: nothing against the dueling community, but some of these comments are absurd.

If duels don't matter, what the *** are you complaining about then? That the kind of builds which are free ap for a mag Dk will survive 10 seconds longer now that Powerlash can be dodged? You also ignore the fact that mag Dk is also very strong in Battlegrounds and in smallscale groups it's not bad either. You can't have everything, no class is top tier in everything.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on January 23, 2018 12:46AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, short and sweet. I hope this fixes jabs, idk though we will see. Was it a hit box issue or just a weird lag issue? Great NB changes, the grim focus on is nice. I’m very surprised they changed soul assault but I think it’s great and makes it a lot less cheesy forcing people to use it more as a strong execute than draining someone’s entire health or stamina bar while they essentially can’t move. It’s a cool ultimate and this makes it more legitimate. Also good to see some small cyro changes. Here’s to hoping cyrodiil performance fixes are next.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.
    No proc expiration when fully charged?

Here you go - a new gang one shot build incoming - Blob's already working on it.

And I guess sorcs will cry to preserve their frag proc too now.

I admit it should prob only stick around if you recast early not if you let it expire. That said, frags often procs on one ability, not five light or heavy attacks.
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    8iiGFPO.jpg
    Edited by Nox_Noir on January 28, 2018 7:01PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

isn’t this somehow simultaneously a buff to pvp mag DKs (which they don’t need) and a nerf to pve?
    Edited by Vapirko on January 23, 2018 12:52AM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Rip.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭

All dots are undodgeable? The only other undodgeable dot that comes to my mind is the Warden dot (and Soul Trap which is garbage).

They do, they just don't see it in the recap. People who think that pressure is worth nothing in PvP live in the past.

If duels don't matter, what the *** are you complaining about then? That the kind of builds which are free ap for a mag Dk will survive 10 seconds longer now that Powerlash can be dodged? You also ignore the fact that mag Dk is also very strong in Battlegrounds and in smallscale groups it's not bad either. You can't have everything, no class is top tier in everything.

I'm referring to pve. If you bothered to read that would have been more apparent. You know, that other part of the game that they release content for quarterly.
    Edited by the_Beard on January 23, 2018 1:55AM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

isn’t this somehow simultaneously a buff to pvp mag DKs (which they don’t need) and a nerf to pve?

Its a buff and a nerf. 3s hard cooldown. Before it could proc from interrupts and niche lightning staff builds more than every 5s. Also now dodgable. But compared to live it can proc once every 3s through the normal CC>lash>power method, instead of every 5s. And the offbalance part can be 100% up.

It is weird, because it fixes none of the issues MDK actually has in PvP. The damage is fine. Its just the lack of in class defense/mobility. Wings being *** and DK being a slower class in general.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure how to interpret the shadow image stuff but does that mean the skill is fixed now...?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has shadow image been fixed...?

You would press the skill and nothing would happen before. I cant tell if they've fixed that from these notes or not

PS4 Btw
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Well, magDK was fun while it lasted......wtf am I supposed to do with it now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Well, tanking. Thats what Wrobel want for DK.

No, they are slowly killing tanking (for all classes) with each patch, DKs might not feel the hit as much as some classes, but I can feel it on every class on my tanks.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC