Maintenance for the week of April 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 12

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point to come out with new and interesting monster sets that perform really well to only nerf them into the ground so they aren't any better than what's already available?.. This dlc just became worthless.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are gonna be so sicc
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    quantum cmon you really think they give a _____
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on January 22, 2018 11:21PM
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The performance of all their servers. prove to all of us playing this game, that they dont give a _____. PERIOD
  • Markrox
    Markrox
    ✭✭
    Good PvP patch notes. Slight nerf to shimmering shield (minor heroism), and I'd be happy.
    PC | EU | DC
    [PvP]
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Powerlash being undodgeable should be maintained. It was what made mDKs one of the most mechanically elaborate classes in the game.

The first instinctive reaction to when you're rooted is to rolldodge, that's what most people do. You'd be punished by being impatient as you'd get whiped by powerlash if you carelessly rolldodged without thinking . If you were a skilled player you'd block the powerlash before rolldodging. It took more skill to fight an mDK... all I see now is every single powerlash being dodged after a root, like every. single. one. of. them.

Please think about this change thouroughly, as this skill being undodgeable made mDK unique and gave it some viability as everyone rolldodges once their rooted.

Thanks.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel

I don't think making them dodgeable is a bad idea. I just think that adding a cooldown to it after being dodgeable is awful. Since it gets dodged, and you have to wait and set up another one.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Hide Helmet fix?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.

Well, here's to another 3 months of not being able to play ESO. Gotta find some way to screw over DKs every patch..

I feel its time to send my dk back to stamina or tank zos has just back yo back been killing them off
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Powerlash being undodgeable should be maintained. It was what made mDKs one of the most mechanically elaborate classes in the game.

The first instinctive reaction to when you're rooted is to rolldodge, that's what most people do. You'd be punished by being impatient as you'd get whiped by powerlash if you carelessly rolldodged without thinking . If you were a skilled player you'd block the powerlash before rolldodging. It took more skill to fight an mDK... all I see now is every single powerlash being dodged after a root, like every. single. one. of. them.

Please think about this change thouroughly, as this skill being undodgeable made mDK unique and gave it some viability as everyone rolldodges once their rooted.

Thanks.

I don't think making them dodgeable is a bad idea. I just think that adding a cooldown to it after being dodgeable is awful. Since it gets dodged, and you have to wait and set up another one.

should test to see if the heal is still granted even though the damage is dodgeable.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ez6wyzvbo0v.jpg
    Zaan:
    • This Item Set’s proc now occurs on any Light or Heavy Attack, instead of only critical strikes with Light or Heavy Attacks, but the proc chance has been reduced to 20% from 100%.
    • Increased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 18 seconds from 15 seconds.
    So... the dmg will remain unchanged and will not require a crit - focus build to use (20% is not that low tbh so it will proc relatively often). Any one remember Selene Set + Viper sting set before those were nerfed ?
    Vipers-Sting-Set.jpg
    TESO-set-unaunted-pirate-selene-530x720.jpg
    Just a reminder.. there was already a proc set - problem in ESO - (proc - sets were way too strong) thus, those got nerfed...
    So why starting again the same problem with Zaan that seems to be even more powerful than viper or selene..
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Zaan+Set
    "(2 items) When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy (you have 20% chances to create) a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 18 seconds"

It is not a melee set.. it is a 10 meter beam... :open_mouth:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 22, 2018 11:36PM
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure powerlash isn't consumed if dodged, as your enemy will still be off-balance. I'll have to test that.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This set was scaling too effectively when fighting more than one opponent" well I think that would obviously happen when 5 people are hitting you but I wouldn't call it "too effectively" .

Also don't get how you can touch immovables without fixing the broken cc mechanics that's been broken for years, seems like you guy's are prioritizing the wrong thing's.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grand Rejuvenation: Fixed an issue where the Stamina restore from this Item Set’s proc was not centered on the Grand Healing cast.

THANK YOU !

I don't want to say anything else because I will probably rage about mDK changes . I will just leave it here .
    Liofa Daeron - Imperial DK PvE Tank / PvE Stamina DPS / PvP Stamina

Youtube

Guild Master of Call of the Undaunted
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.

This. I mean, the power lash in PvP being undodgable was great, but now my NB friends in Cyro will even get away with this **** and cloak immediatly. It was sort of my "execute" and they took that away.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.

What do you mean by old iteration? 3.2 Iteration or 3.3.1.

As I think that the interrupt mechanic of 3.2 iteration (the current live server) is just fine - simple and effective.

Now with 3.3 it will be clumsy and as with resurrect - they'll have to add more exceptions to it. Dark exchange for example.

But I think i didn't make myself clear, I'm not against this particular exception - I'm against the new interrupt mechanics.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 22, 2018 11:33PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boi, here we go again with the mDK drama...
    maboleth wrote: »
    Oh great, you basically erased Soul Attack from my ultimate. Now everyone can just run and go. :( The ability could've been blocked you know.

what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 22, 2018 11:36PM
  • Luke_Aydenn
    Luke_Aydenn
    Soul Shriven
    Are these changes set in stone or could they change before they hit live?
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

I agree with quantum. I'm a Stam DK mainly but I think this change was rushed and not properly tested.
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP