Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    As a Magblade I feel sorry for all of you guys who play magicka DK as main character...
    I hope Wrobel will finally open his eyes and see how bad this situation is...

I don't. They've been the best in a 1v1 fight for a loooooong time. I doubt this will drastically change that
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

What rock have you been living under? The only thing they excel at is tanking. In duels stamden is better in pve dps they are *** and have been for a while. Also when the hell did we start balancing around 1vs1s?
    Edited by Passifest on January 22, 2018 11:39PM
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.

Awesome! I was hoping for this to happen!

Edited by Jeremiah87 on January 22, 2018 11:39PM
    • Linaleah
      Linaleah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE> are you seriously forcing people into leveling a new character in order to get all 8 storage chests??? REALLY ZOS? and before anyone says anything about "its only lvl 18" there are plenty of people who have no character slots left. there are people who don't like leveling alts. there are people who are essentially being told - delete your existing, established alt or spend crowns to get a new one.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE CHANGE ZOS. please revert it back so that all storage containers can be purchased - make a note in a description or add a purchase warning stating that that one particular chest can be acquired as leveling reward, but make. it. buyable anyway. its bad enough that chests cannot be traded, this is making it even worse!

/deep breath
      dirty worthless casual.
      Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
      Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For everyone whining about soul assault don't just say it needs the snare back without offering any counterplay advice. And no reducing the snare effectiveness is not counterplay.
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Passifest wrote: »
      All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

What rock have you been living under? The only thing they excel at is tanking. In duels stamden is better in pve dps they are *** and have been for a while.

They are the best/easiest is duels.
    • SirCritical
      SirCritical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Am I blind or nothing related to reverting block changes?
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Didgerion wrote: »

Nightblade
      • Assassination
        • Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat.
      No proc expiration when fully charged?

Here you go - a new gang one shot build incoming - Blob's already working on it.

And I guess sorcs will cry to preserve their frag proc too now.

Actually; removing it when leaving combat makes me think that cloaking could make it fall off
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno Wasn't there mention of reducing the cost of storage containers? Where are those in the patch notes. Or is that merely for outfit station
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      byr3sds3yy81.jpg

6mbast25q5e4.png
      Battlegrounds
      • Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.
      Well i though that this was mainly to promote Battlegrounds more and reduce AP farming in cyrodiil... It feels kind-of unnecessary. I would understand that if Battlegrounds had some sort of MM that will pair pugs with other pugs... most of the time it is pugs vs pre-mades... :#
    • Dr.NRG
      Dr.NRG
      ✭✭✭✭
      off balance smh why zos? why:( this is even worse than heavy attack meta just why:(?
    • Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Hollery wrote: »

What rock have you been living under? The only thing they excel at is tanking. In duels stamden is better in pve dps they are *** and have been for a while.

Is Cyrodiil a dueling arena now?
      Invictus
      Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
      Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
      Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
      Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    • CrazYDunm3r
      CrazYDunm3r
      ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, who gives a ****, it is not balanced and cheese to begin with.

Edit: People who at this point say DK's are still whining about PVE and even PvP (open world) for no reason are just very biased I think or have never played the class.
      Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 22, 2018 11:45PM
      YouTube
      Triggered Tryhards
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭

Objectively false
    • sly007
      sly007
      ✭✭✭✭
      maboleth wrote: »
      Oh great, you basically erased Soul Attack from my ultimate. Now everyone can just run and go. :( The ability could've been blocked you know.

Yea, for 15k+ stamina. That was to punishing, especially for medium armor.
    • maboleth
      maboleth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ManDraKE wrote: »
      what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay

That means wasting another slot for a cc ability, as a mag sorc. Frags no longer stun, SA will no longer stun. Besides, stamina people easily break CC in pvp. SA snare effectively countered those fast, erratic NBs.

SA was brutal mostly to those who didn't know how to counter it. It was effective most of the time, as all ultis should. (though use it wrong - near obstacle and you will be out of any ulti points with zero damage!) Reducing the snare is one thing but going from 70% to 0% is just nonsense.

Plus it was a nice rewarded ultimate, unlocked to those who actually played the game and finished the main quest.

Edited by maboleth on January 22, 2018 11:51PM
    • NyassaV
      NyassaV
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Objectively false

LOL, k... They suffer in open world PvP too
    • Actually_Goku
      Actually_Goku
      ✭✭✭✭
      Power Lash definitely needed a nerf. Mag DK’s is way too bursty. I was so tired of one-shotting tanky targets with my high spell damage and great sustain as a Mag DK. I’m glad they buffed Nightblade and Templar and didn’t touch Warden, I feel as though snipe and birds are very well-balanced.

FML
    • Universe
      Universe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Am I blind or nothing related to reverting block changes?

You're not.
      There's nothing in regard to block changes.
      If this is all update 17 has to offer in regard to balance changes, it is seriously bad.
      I hope the next incremental patch will add additional balance changes and maybe revert some of the mentioned changes in this thread.
      Edited by Universe on January 22, 2018 11:48PM
      Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
      PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
      Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
      PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
      Started playing ESO in beta & early access
      User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    • GiantFruitFly
      GiantFruitFly
      ✭✭✭
      The “Storage Coffer, Fortified” collectible can now only be obtained from the Level Up Advisor at level 18.
      This just seems like its pushing the 15th purchasable character slot pretty hard. Could have at least left in the crown store buy option at least. Looks like anyone who wants a full set of storage will have to grind out a new alt.

The lack of mention of hide head slot/other slots or changes/fixes to them is disconcerting. I hope to have no loss in functionality that the current hide helmet toggle currently does. It is concerning especially since all the outfit system gold sinks are still on the table even for ESO plus members.
    • Inklings
      Inklings
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      These DK changes have me pretty upset. Not 'hold a mock funeral in my back yard for my mDK' kinda upset, but pretty close.

At this point, its come pretty clear that its more important certain peoples ideas take precedence over whats better for the game and its community. This whole DLC from a combat aspect has been disappointing to say the least.
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Power Lash definitely needed a nerf. Mag DK’s is way too bursty. I was so tired of one-shotting tanky targets with my high spell damage and great sustain as a Mag DK. I’m glad they buffed Nightblade and Templar and didn’t touch Warden, I feel as though snipe and birds are very well-balanced.

FML

They didn't buff Templar's, those are fixes.

• technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      beetleklee wrote: »
      Wish I could change my MagDK into a MagNB. Guess he'll be relegated to crafting duty.

That’s where I went when Templar got more and more into the healer role.
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭

FML

Its funny because ZOS won't understand your sarcasm
    • Im_MegaDeath
      Im_MegaDeath
      ✭✭✭
      DK changes seemed rushed to balance the new helm together and wasn't tested properly.

Soul assault was a great change

Off balanced I'm sure was tested a lot since it is the main point for a lot of pve dps

The immovable pot time change seems like a targeted change meaning wrobel didn't like it personally and wanted to *** me :)

AP changes to BGs seems like you did the math and it's too much but right now BGs are some what vacant and need more players so this doesn't help that issue. If anything it will discourage players.

Umm that's all my effort for this XD hope the comments get attention. The other changes we will have to look at on live to see if they are right for the game or not and ummmmmmmmmmm did boots get standards? Did I read that right lol rip
      DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭

Objectively false

LOL, k... They suffer in open world PvP too

DKs are pretty garbage open world compared to any class that can actually move and of course a main nb player would think that dks are the best in duels lol
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      mDK is in serious need of help as it was, and even more so with these changes when it comes to PVE DPS.

With the changes to off balance and now powerlash the ability to sustain a dps rotation is going to go from difficult to nearly impossible.

If you want to do away with the off balance and powerlash spam, fine. But give us something that helps us sustain. Bring ability costs down. Rework the passives to be more in-line with other classes. (One thing to help the magicka pool in someway that's not tied to dropping an ult).

Add magicka steal to flames of oblivion or another magicka DK skill. That and a little passive regeneration and maybe this wont hurt mDK DPS players so much.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • bigdavid11b16_ESO
      bigdavid11b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      what i dont understand is how wardens still have ____ING undodgable spammable attacks, which hit HARDER than powerlash, and they dont need to proc it.
      ex. shimmering shield costs half of what wings cost. WTF IS GOIN ON THERE

zos is such a pay to win company. i hope they lose BILLIONS like EA did with the battlefront 2 scandle
      Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on January 22, 2018 11:57PM
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dragonknight
      • Ardent Flame
        • Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.
      In my opinion, 3 seconds is too much. 2 seconds!
      Look at this: "(...) to deal Flame Damage and stun them for 2 seconds. You also heal over 2 seconds."
      That is... 2 seconds cooldown!
    • Passifest
      Passifest
      ✭✭✭✭
      what i dont understand is how wardens still have ____ING undodgable spammable attacks, which hit HARDER than powerlash, and they dont need to proc it.
      ex. shimmering shield costs half of what wings cost. WTF IS GOIN ON THERE

zos is such a pay to win company. i hope they lose BILLIONS like EA did with the battlefront 2 scandle

Yeah its funny they don't touch warden at all pvp wise when they are by all accounts over performing.