Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Why did you remove the snare from Soul Assault ?
    You could have decreased the snare from 70% to 30%-40%...
    You basically made Soul Assault useless in PVP. Shame...

"Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): "The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown."
    Thank you for listening :)

"*Adjusted the duration for all Immovable potions" - This is unnecessary change. Many builds need the buff from the potions to stay alive especially when facing resource poison users. Speaking of which I don't see a mention of resource poison in the patch notes.

I really hope that this is not all the combat balance changes in update 17, I'm disappointed.
    It seems like you ignore most feedback.
    What of Eye of the Storm OP in ball groups in Cyrodiil ? Shieldbreaker set without any cooldown ? Warden's Dive and Scorch damage reaching the skies ?
    And the list goes on...

Please take a look on my feedback and consider adding additional/other changes to combat balance:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4787399#Comment_4787399

P.S- Please don't quote me in this thread and post against my feedback since it is pointless to argue about the changes I have suggested.
    I will not respond to comments of trolls and defenders of OP builds/abilities/sets.
    Edited by Universe on January 22, 2018 11:37PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DO NOT BUY THE EXPANSION
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point to come out with new and interesting monster sets that perform really well to only nerf them into the ground so they aren't any better than what's already available?.. This dlc just became worthless.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please be polite and at least tell us, if the Atronach base damage reduction is a nerf and not a bug.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Powerlash being undodgeable should be maintained. It was what made mDKs one of the most mechanically elaborate classes in the game.

The first instinctive reaction to when you're rooted is to rolldodge, that's what most people do. You'd be punished by being impatient as you'd get whiped by powerlash if you carelessly rolldodged without thinking . If you were a skilled player you'd block the powerlash before rolldodging. It took more skill to fight an mDK... all I see now is every single powerlash being dodged after a root, like every. single. one. of. them.

Please think about this change thouroughly, as this skill being undodgeable made mDK unique and gave it some viability as everyone rolldodges once their rooted.

Thanks.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Quantum_V on January 22, 2018 11:19PM
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are gonna be so sicc
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    quantum cmon you really think they give a _____
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on January 22, 2018 11:21PM
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The performance of all their servers. prove to all of us playing this game, that they dont give a _____. PERIOD
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and if I sound whiny, it's because I've been giving feedback for months and I'm exhausted at this point. ZOS hasn't been listening. During the last ESO Live they answered a question about Power Lash overperforming on PTS for PVP but ignored a ton of questions regarding PVE, and how the off balance changes would further kill the class's damage and sustain and thus performance in PVE trials.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Markrox
    Markrox
    ✭✭
    Good PvP patch notes. Slight nerf to shimmering shield (minor heroism), and I'd be happy.
    PC | EU | DC
    [PvP]
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow ZOS you just completely over nerfed DK in both pve and pvp. PVE dps magicka dks might as well delete their characters with that change when they were already garbage bottom of the barrel dps. Yes the recent change to off balance made power lash op in pvp but a complete reverse was not the way to go. Was any thought put into that change at all?

Also in pvp how the hell will fighting multiple enemies work with a cool-down like that? The problem was people stunning then getting free power lashes. There were so many other options to fix the problem that wouldn't be a complete over handed nerf that is just slapping a cool-down on it. I don't want to even bother though because it is clear ZOS can only balance with a hammer.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Powerlash being undodgeable should be maintained. It was what made mDKs one of the most mechanically elaborate classes in the game.

The first instinctive reaction to when you're rooted is to rolldodge, that's what most people do. You'd be punished by being impatient as you'd get whiped by powerlash if you carelessly rolldodged without thinking . If you were a skilled player you'd block the powerlash before rolldodging. It took more skill to fight an mDK... all I see now is every single powerlash being dodged after a root, like every. single. one. of. them.

Please think about this change thouroughly, as this skill being undodgeable made mDK unique and gave it some viability as everyone rolldodges once their rooted.

Thanks.

I don't think making them dodgeable is a bad idea. I just think that adding a cooldown to it after being dodgeable is awful. Since it gets dodged, and you have to wait and set up another one.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Hide Helmet fix?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the old soul assault back. That was unblockable, but interruptable and gave no cc immunity.
    This ability was a good choice vs turtle tanks. Now, everone can just block it and removing the slow makes it pointless imo.
    The slow could have been reduced to 30% or so. It's an ult, it can very well be a bit powerful, considering almost any base ability in the game applies slows.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The “Storage Coffer, Fortified” collectible can now only be obtained from the Level Up Advisor at level 18."

This is a terrible change. It looks like a money-grab for players who have max characters - they would need to buy another slot.

I think you need to make this chest available on all the sources (crown, voucher, tel var) but just have in the tooltip that leveling to 18 will also award it! So players have a choice!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.

Well, here's to another 3 months of not being able to play ESO. Gotta find some way to screw over DKs every patch..

I feel its time to send my dk back to stamina or tank zos has just back yo back been killing them off
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Thanks.

I don't think making them dodgeable is a bad idea. I just think that adding a cooldown to it after being dodgeable is awful. Since it gets dodged, and you have to wait and set up another one.

should test to see if the heal is still granted even though the damage is dodgeable.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ez6wyzvbo0v.jpg
    Zaan:
    • This Item Set’s proc now occurs on any Light or Heavy Attack, instead of only critical strikes with Light or Heavy Attacks, but the proc chance has been reduced to 20% from 100%.
    • Increased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 18 seconds from 15 seconds.
    So... the dmg will remain unchanged and will not require a crit - focus build to use (20% is not that low tbh so it will proc relatively often). Any one remember Selene Set + Viper sting set before those were nerfed ?
    Vipers-Sting-Set.jpg
    TESO-set-unaunted-pirate-selene-530x720.jpg
    Just a reminder.. there was already a proc set - problem in ESO - (proc - sets were way too strong) thus, those got nerfed...
    So why starting again the same problem with Zaan that seems to be even more powerful than viper or selene..
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Zaan+Set
    "(2 items) When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy (you have 20% chances to create) a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 18 seconds"

It is not a melee set.. it is a 10 meter beam... :open_mouth:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 22, 2018 11:36PM
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure powerlash isn't consumed if dodged, as your enemy will still be off-balance. I'll have to test that.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• mr_runaway_666b16_ESO
    The 3 seconds cooldown on lash is one of the worst changes I've ever seen eso wow, I don't even use mag DK anymore but now truly shelved.

Already people have shelved DK's and not getting invited to raid, can't sustain. people was getting excited with the changes, now they are ready to quit.

How are they supposed to sustain and do good damage? as someone else said stam DK is doing more damage and basically infinite sustain with the braindead heavy attack meta.

Do you even play the game?
    Beardeddraggonborn Stam Templar
    Beardeddragonborn mag DK shelved
    Beardie Stam NB
    Eve Bearegard Mag Sorc

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This set was scaling too effectively when fighting more than one opponent" well I think that would obviously happen when 5 people are hitting you but I wouldn't call it "too effectively" .

Also don't get how you can touch immovables without fixing the broken cc mechanics that's been broken for years, seems like you guy's are prioritizing the wrong thing's.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grand Rejuvenation: Fixed an issue where the Stamina restore from this Item Set’s proc was not centered on the Grand Healing cast.

THANK YOU !

I don't want to say anything else because I will probably rage about mDK changes . I will just leave it here .
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    All those MagDKs crying about getting nerfed, when MagDKs have been dominating in duels, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and PvP tanking....

You are absurd.

No one is playing MagDK in PvE competitively for DPS whatsoever, and so what if MagDK is good in duels? That's what it's supposed to be best at; the "berserker" role in PvP.

As someone who has hated on DKs in the past, this is simply an uncalled-for nerf of an already dumbed-down class.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.

This. I mean, the power lash in PvP being undodgable was great, but now my NB friends in Cyro will even get away with this **** and cloak immediatly. It was sort of my "execute" and they took that away.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.

What do you mean by old iteration? 3.2 Iteration or 3.3.1.

As I think that the interrupt mechanic of 3.2 iteration (the current live server) is just fine - simple and effective.

Now with 3.3 it will be clumsy and as with resurrect - they'll have to add more exceptions to it. Dark exchange for example.

But I think i didn't make myself clear, I'm not against this particular exception - I'm against the new interrupt mechanics.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 22, 2018 11:33PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I want the old soul assault back. That was unblockable, but interruptable and gave no cc immunity.
    This ability was a good choice vs turtle tanks. Now, everone can just block it and removing the slow makes it pointless imo.
    The slow could have been reduced to 30% or so. It's an ult, it can very well be a bit powerful, considering almost any base ability in the game applies slows.

Amen.

@ZOS_Wrobel please tell me what should I use as a magicka sorc, to be effective against pesky erratic NBs that will use major expedition and vanish in less than a second with little to no damage and have 80 ulti points wasted. Or for those reflecting DKs?

Meteor? Easily blocked. Overload? Certainly NOT. Destro ulti? Not fun at all.

Seriously guys, I love you and all but have some common sense - make this ability have SOME snare, 30% will do!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boi, here we go again with the mDK drama...
    maboleth wrote: »
    Oh great, you basically erased Soul Attack from my ultimate. Now everyone can just run and go. :( The ability could've been blocked you know.

what about using an snare or a CC before your ultimate? The soul assult snare was brutal and removed counterplay
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 22, 2018 11:36PM
  • Luke_Aydenn
    Luke_Aydenn
    Soul Shriven
    Are these changes set in stone or could they change before they hit live?
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

I agree with quantum. I'm a Stam DK mainly but I think this change was rushed and not properly tested.
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP