The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Combat Balance

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please add more to the Pelinal's Aptitude 5th bonus. IMO the best would be to equalize Phys/Spell Penetration and Weapon/Spell Critical Rating as well. Then this set could be truly interesting and fun.
    Edited by Solariken on January 16, 2018 12:09AM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    If I read that correctly I can only use the shards synergy once every 30 seconds? While also increasing block cost?

^^^^This. I understand ZOS's need to address permablock builds in PvP. However, since this is primarily a PvP gripe, it should be remedied with PvP filters such as Battle Spirit.

I wish people understood that "permablock" is NOT a problem in PvP.

Here's a thought experiment for you. Can you kill someone with the sword and shield ult up. Happens to me all the time. Block Cost is not the problem. 2 or three non-potatoes can easily pump out enough DPS to kill anyone just sitting there holding block. the problem is damage mitigation and/or healing.

Previously there were some shady ways of getting a lot of mitigation. For the most part those bugs are gone and I haven't seen ANYONE just sitting there with max health while 5 people beat on them. That was a mitigation issue, not a block issue!

Block is fine.

Fear also forces people out of block, and resource poisons can be applied to blocking players.
    Best thing is just immobilize them and stack dots, like you would any high resistance enemy.
    Unlike bosses, those tanks will run out of stamina in short order with constant--keyword constant--damage.

I feel like the desired effect of this change could have been accomplished with a player-applied debuff to ultimate generation. Make Siphoner affect player ultimate generation, and permablockers can't rotate the shield ulti to recoup resources in Cyrodiil.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    I find it interesting how many people imply that a permablock build is the only viable option for end-game pve tanks. I don't have enough experience as a tank to tell for myself, but I can't help wondering, doesn't anyone disagree? Can't you tank end-game stuff without a permablock build?

If end-game PvE tanks really are forced into a permablock build, then I think that's an issue in itself. In my opinion it would be very bad for the game and the freedom we have in our builds if it's impossible to ever drop your block even for an occasional heavy attack.

Of course you can. People permablock, because it's OP and they want it to stay.
    There are situations, where you must block alot, for example the Axes in vAA. However, it's not as extreme as people claim. It's not like these axes spam heavy attacks. You don't need to block their light attacks and the heavy attacks are predictable so you can block at that moment instead of lazy permablock. Also, you have a healer and hopefully some self sustain to deal with their light attacks.

Permablocking is a safe way for everything. But when you know a boss and know his movements, you can block when it's needed and don't need permablock and I hope, this change pushes people into more skillfull play when it comes to tanking. Instead of permablock, people could use the less damaging phases to restore stamina with heavy attacks.

This isn't true on console.

With latency, you can fail to see that cleave coming, die, and have the entire group wipe. Earthgore Amalgam is an excellent example, all the more so given that there are three one-shot cleave sources, and they don't come all at the same time.

Additionally, one must block not only one-shot cleaves from the boss, but any stuns or knockbacks from other sources, like Velidreth's Flesh Atronachs, Domihaus's Ice Atronachs, and Hiath the Battlemaster's adds, because taking those stuns will result in an immediate death and group wipe.

With all that going on, you hardly ever have time to complete a heavy attack, particularly if there's a nasty DoT you have to eat (here's looking at you vSO hm Mantikoras).

Nobody in PvE set out to permablock, but all the endgame boss fights require it.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Warden - Blue betty ability: Explains that it gives the buff for 27secs, even though it's 25sec.

Netch last 27 seconds gives the resource for 25 aka 2 seconds of dead time. The first 2 seconds you don't get the resource return. The buff starts right away, but resource return doesn't start until the beam connects.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on January 16, 2018 2:17AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Synergy System & new Cooldown

After playing quite a bit on PTS mainly in the new dungeons, I really do not like the new cooldown of the synergies. Why? There are only a very limited amount of synergies already available and now they get bumped up to 30 seconds cooldown timer.

If we had a lot more synergies this would not really matter, but as ZOS keeps "merging" different skill line synegies into the same cooldown (like Shards and Bubbles, which makes no sense what so ever) it is getting more and more difficult to find synergies.

Yes, the synergy system finally works when you press a synergy. That is the good side of things but I still do not see why the extra 10s cooldown got added. @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Please add more to the Pelinal's Aptitude 5th bonus. IMO the best would be to equalize Phys/Spell Penetration and Weapon/Spell Critical Rating as well. Then this set could be truly interesting and fun.

It doesn't look like they interested in life of hybrids.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *I believe that resource poisons(magicka/stamina) are still overperforming.
    The 30% instead of 60% cost increase isn't enough to balance the combat between poison user/s to non poison user/s.
    The cost increase should be max 5%-10%, especially with all the past nerfs to combat sustain in past updates.

*Shield breaker needs a cooldown: My suggestion is that it should be the following:
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them, 3 seconds cooldown.

*Heavy Armor is still too strong, block cost needs to be higher.
    The current builds of heavy armor provide excellent protection while dealing a lot of damage, this is not balanced.

*Warden:
    1. Dive - this ability damage should be reduced by 20% or add an animation of 1 second to the ability, similar to crystal shard.
    2. Scorch - reduce the damage of this ability and it's morphs by approx. 10%.

Those 2 abilities are overperforming
    There are probably more abilities that should be looked at.

*Dragonknight:
    1. Take Flight - This ultimate ability base damage should be reduced by 5-10%.
    Currently, this ultimate ability is too strong while the cost is too low.
    2. Lave Whip - Flame Lash's ability damage to off balance enemies is too high, reduce it by 5-10%(Power Lash).

*Sorcerer:
    1.Sorcerer shield - Hardened Ward's strength is not strong enough to counter the current higher end damage of either stamina/magicka builds.
    The Hardened ward needs a boost of 10%-20%, stronger shield.
    2. Overload & it's morphs - Increase the cost to use this ultimate ability by 25% or reduce it's base damage by about 15%.
    This ultimate ability is very strong and too cheap to use.
    3. Volatile Familiar - Reduce the damage of the pulses by 5%. The volatile Familiar is the go option to many sorcerers since it's damage is very high in dps builds, this will encourage more variety with choosing abilities.
    4. Rune Cage - Increase the cost of this ability by approx 20%.
    The stun of this ability can't be blocked or dodged which makes this ability extremely strong, increasing the cost to use this ability will make the use of it less frequent and used when it is really needed.

*Restoration staff:

Healing Ward - This ability is not always healing the caster which makes it unreliable.
    It is already discussed that it would be fixed in a future patch*.

*AOE Caps removed:
    This will encourage the bomb blades behavior of the NOT BALANCED of 1/2 players killing 20/30+ players.
    I believe that the Soul Tether and Eye of the Storm ultimate abilities should remain in AOE caps or have their damage reduced in order to avoid players abusing OP abilities against many enemies.
    So some aspects of AOE caps should remain ACTIVE or the associated OP abilities nerfed.

*Nightblade:
    1. Sap essence - Reduce this ability damage by 5%-10%.
    This ability is overperforming when facing many enemies.
    2. Surprise Attack - This ability base damage is too high.
    Please reduce it by approx 5%.
    3. Soul Tether - Reduce the base damage of this ultimate ability by 20% or make it subject to AOE caps.

*Dual Wield - Reduce Steel Tornado damage by about 5%-10%, base damage is too high to multiple enemies compared to other options.

*Templar:
    1. Puncturing Sweeps - Reduce the self healing of this ability by 5%-10%. This ability's damage is already high, reducing it's healing factor will make it more of dps skill rather than both extremely high heal+high dps.
    2. Radiant Destruction - Reduce the damage overtime of this ability by 5%.
    This ability damage overtime is still too strong and should be lower.

Destruction Staff: Reduce the Eye of the Storm damage by additional 20%.
    This ultimate ability is overused by ball groups in Cyrodiil since it is very useful.
    Reducing it's damage will encourage more variety in choosing ultimate abilities without the need to use this ultimate ALL THE TIME.
    Also, the damage of this ultimate ability is too high to single targets when stacked(more than one eye of the storm active in one place).
    The reduction of damage should help solve this issue.
    If this is not an option, please make it so that it is not possible to stack multiple eye of the storm in one place, meaning:
    Only one eye of the storm will do damage to enemies in the area(the first one to be activated).
    If those 2 options are not possible, you can also consider reducing each following eye of the storm damage by 50% if stacked in one place.

There are more abilities/aspects to balance but this should be enough for now.
    I tried to not make it TL;DR.
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Universe on January 17, 2018 12:42AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    The 30% instead of 60% cost increase isn't enough to balance the combat between poison user/s to non poison user/s.
    The cost increase should be max 5%-10%, especially with all the past nerfs to combat sustain in past updates.

*Shield breaker needs a cooldown: My suggestion is that it should be the following:
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them, 3 seconds cooldown.

The current builds of heavy armor provide excellent protection while dealing a lot of damage, this is not balanced.

*Warden:
    1. Dive - this ability damage should be reduced by 20% or add an animation of 1 second to the ability, similar to crystal shard.

*Dragonknight:
    2. Lave Whip - Flame Lash's ability damage to off balance enemies is too high, reduce it by 5-10%(Power Lash).

*Sorcerer:
    1.Sorcerer shield - Hardened Ward's strength is not strong enough to counter the current higher end damage of either stamina/magicka builds.
    2. Overload & it's morphs - Increase the cost to use this ultimate ability by 25% or reduce it's base damage by about 15%.
    3. Volatile Familiar - Reduce the damage of the pulses by 5%. The volatile Familiar is the go option to many sorcerers since it's damage is very high in dps builds, this will encourage more variety with choosing abilities.

*Restoration staff:

Healing Ward - This ability is not always healing the caster which makes it unreliable.

*AOE Caps removed:
    This will encourage the bomb blades behavior of the NOT BALANCED of 1/2 players killing 20/30+ players.
    I believe that the Soul Tether and Eye of the Storm ultimate abilities should remain in AOE caps or have their damage reduced in order to avoid players abusing OP abilities against many enemies.
    So some aspects of AOE caps should remain ACTIVE or the associated OP abilities nerfed.

*Nightblade:
    3. Soul Tether - Reduce the base damage of this ultimate ability by 20% or make it subject to AOE caps.

*Duel Wield - Reduce Steel Tornado damage by about 5%-10%, base damage is too high to multiple enemies compared to other options.

*Templar:
    1. Puncturing Sweeps - Reduce the self healing of this ability by 5%-10%. This ability's damage is already high, reducing it's healing factor will make it more of dps skill rather than both extremely high heal+high dps.

This ultimate ability is overused by ball groups in Cyrodiil since it is very useful.
    Reducing it's damage will encourage more variety in choosing ultimate abilities without the need to use this ultimate ALL THE TIME.
    Also, the damage of this ultimate ability is too high to single targets when stacked(more than eye of the storm active in one place).
    If this is not an option, please make it so that it is not possible to stack multiple eye of the storm in one place, meaning:
    Only one eye of the storm will do damage to enemies in the area(the first one to be activated).
    If those 2 options are not possible, you can also consider reducing each following eye of the storm damage by 50% if stacked in one place.

@ZOS_Wrobel

WTF did I read? Nerf everything and buff magicka Sorcs. So biased post. Basically you took all skills that you see most often in your death recap and wanted them nerfed.
    Because I can!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Duel Wield - Reduce Steel Tornado damage by about 5%-10%, base damage is too high to multiple enemies compared to other options.

*Templar:

Also, the damage of this ultimate ability is too high to single targets when stacked(more than eye of the storm active in one place).

@ZOS_Wrobel

WTF did I read? Nerf everything and buff magicka Sorcs. So biased post. Basically you took all skills that you see most often in your death recap and wanted them nerfed.

No.
    I have stamina/magicka Sorcerers/Dragonknights/Nightblades/Wardens that I play too.

My feedback is based on gameplay from most classes rather than sorcerer.
    As you may have noticed I asked to nerf 2 key abilities of sorcerers, the Volatile familiar and Overload & it's morphs.
    My post is not buff sorcerers, but rather to balance this game's combat system.
    I was thinking of more changes but it should be enough for now :)
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Templar:

@ZOS_Wrobel

No.
    I have stamina/magicka Sorcerers/Dragonknights/Nightblades/Wardens that I play too.

As you may have noticed I asked to nerf 2 key abilities of sorcerers, the Volatile familiar and Overload & it's morphs.

lol nerf 2 abilities sorcs don't use much in PvP but buff one ability every sorc uses. Ok. Your suggestions aren't biased at all /s
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Templar:

@ZOS_Wrobel

No.

lol nerf 2 abilities sorcs don't use much in PvP but buff one ability every sorc uses. Ok. Your suggestions aren't biased at all /s

I added 1 nerf to an ability used by sorcerers in pvp(in my original post):
    "Rune Cage - Increase the cost of this ability by approx 20%.
    The stun of this ability can't be blocked or dodged which makes this ability extremely strong, increasing the cost to use this ability will make the use of it less frequent and used when it is really needed."

I'm all for combat balance, I don't take sides/classes.
    I look on abilities that may be too strong/weak.

Have a good day! :)
    Edited by Universe on January 16, 2018 10:21PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, at ZOS:

22sy86.jpg

They say a meme with worth a thousand words or something.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Templar:

@ZOS_Wrobel

He’s not wrong about the Destro staff ultimate.

At this point it should be given the proxy-det treatment and scale damage based on the number of targets.

Even then I’m not sure it would stop the ball Destro stacking groups.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Lord;c-4787399"

*Nightblade:
    [/quote]

SAP ESSENCE OVERPERFORMING? are you kidding me ? ahahahah, that ability is literaly trash. This forum posts are hilarious, next time we are going to hear that inner fire is overperforming
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Meanwhile, at ZOS:

22sy86.jpg

They say a meme with worth a thousand words or something.

Indeed.
    It is really hard to balance this game's combat.
    If an ability is changed, then many other abilities have to be changed too to "satisfy" all classes/play styles.
    I can only imagine how hard it is from ZOS point of view, they probably have to check the server's statistics for each class and build/s for pvp/pve before reaching a decision.
    The combat design is flawed due to the fact PVP and PVE are not separated when being balanced(except for some abilities mainly used in either PVP or PVE).
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

SAP ESSENCE OVERPERFORMING? are you kidding me ? ahahahah, that ability is literaly trash. This forum posts are hilarious, next time we are going to hear that inner fire is overperforming

This ability is extremely useful when used by more than one Nightblade in ball groups in cyrodiil.
    Combined with Eye of the Storm/Soul Tether it will be even deadlier next update due to the fact there will be no AOE CAPS.
    Edited by Universe on January 16, 2018 11:27PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

6093103df77ddd6202c85716a62bcf94.jpg

YOU do realize how crappy the pets are ? you do know that on console we have NO WAY of target selecting ? which mean if i heavy attack one enemy the stupid pet runs towards them i see another enemy on the other side i heavy attack the stupid pet stops going towards first enemy and starts running towards another lol

unless we have some type of control for pet attacks they usually just run without damaging anybody

As @Bashev said " Basically you took all skills that you see most often in your death recap and wanted them nerfed."
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

6093103df77ddd6202c85716a62bcf94.jpg

YOU do realize how crappy the pets are ? you do know that on console we have NO WAY of target selecting ? which mean if i heavy attack one enemy the stupid pet runs towards them i see another enemy on the other side i heavy attack the stupid pet stops going towards first enemy and starts running towards another lol

unless we have some type of control for pet attacks they usually just run without damaging anybody

As @Bashev said " Basically you took all skills that you see most often in your death recap and wanted them nerfed."

The damage of those pets is high and it's being used in many sorcerer's dps builds.
    There is no issue with controlling the pets :D

No.
    I have not taken the information from Death Recap, the above abilities are either too strong or too weak so I asked for "changes".

I can imagine that you & @Bashev and many...... others would want to defend some abilities from being changed so you could continue to use them effectively, but there is a need to balance the combat of this game.
    Some abilities are just overperforming, for example Eye of the Storm.
    Also, I used many of the above abilities on others and noticed they are overperforming.
    Saying otherwise will be naive or overprotective of current OP abilities/builds.

This is my feedback and I'm 100% sure of any word written.
    ZOS will look on servers statistics and on actual numbers before reaching any decision.
    I'm leaving the above feedback for them to decide :)
    Edited by Universe on January 16, 2018 11:59PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Please consider speeding up the activation of the Toxic Barrage bow ultimate morph (takes too long to start the channel!), reducing the channel time slightly (so Hawk Eye doesn't fall off), and reducing the cost of all morphs. Cost should in my opinion be 100 (same cost as Soul Assault, yet the bow ult is much riskier to use and leaves much more room for counterplay).

Edit: you could alternatively have each hit of the channel refresh Hawk Eye applications.

yes please
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive needs a nerf because the tooltip dmg is higher then surprise attack (and thats a melee ability and its dodgeable).
    Scorch currently ignores LOS and even hits ppl in the floor above (in keeps for instance)

Soul assault needs a counter other then blocking, if youre anything but a nightblade you have to stand there with 70% snare blocking for over 4s wich shuts down your stamina regen.
    Fix cloak, shadow image and draining shot pls.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    You guys really want to make destro staff the new dominant meta? :D

If Flame Lash procced from Burning, everyone would run destro (since it literally doubles your chance of proccing burning). I've close to 100% uptime of it on my mag DK

Nothing wrong with a destro staff meta. Better than a S&B permablock meta.

But DW or S&B mDKs running BSW would still get high enough uptime on Burning to get strong Lash procs, so it wouldn't force everyone into running destro staff.

If these changes make it so, pve wise to have all melee be mdks, then I would implore zos to make bow main builds viable for trials.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The damage of those pets is high and it's being used in many sorcerer's dps builds.
    There is no issue with controlling the pets "

clearly your not playing sorc i,,, No buddy the reason why sorc use pets is due to necro set to get more magica ... come on what is the point if the pet was making 15k damage if dose not damage anybody ? especially in PVP and they get killed so easy

btw have you seen me talking about any other ability?

we have enough nerf every few days and not enough buffs , i play sorc as main and i would not be saying nerf NB ability because they kill me and i hate them, because i don't know if they are OP or its just L2P on my end.

Edited by ForsakenSin on January 17, 2018 12:53AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    I find it interesting how many people imply that a permablock build is the only viable option for end-game pve tanks. I don't have enough experience as a tank to tell for myself, but I can't help wondering, doesn't anyone disagree? Can't you tank end-game stuff without a permablock build?

If end-game PvE tanks really are forced into a permablock build, then I think that's an issue in itself. In my opinion it would be very bad for the game and the freedom we have in our builds if it's impossible to ever drop your block even for an occasional heavy attack.

Of course you can. People permablock, because it's OP and they want it to stay.
    There are situations, where you must block alot, for example the Axes in vAA. However, it's not as extreme as people claim. It's not like these axes spam heavy attacks. You don't need to block their light attacks and the heavy attacks are predictable so you can block at that moment instead of lazy permablock. Also, you have a healer and hopefully some self sustain to deal with their light attacks.

Permablocking is a safe way for everything. But when you know a boss and know his movements, you can block when it's needed and don't need permablock and I hope, this change pushes people into more skillfull play when it comes to tanking. Instead of permablock, people could use the less damaging phases to restore stamina with heavy attacks.

This isn't true on console.

With latency, you can fail to see that cleave coming, die, and have the entire group wipe. Earthgore Amalgam is an excellent example, all the more so given that there are three one-shot cleave sources, and they don't come all at the same time.

Additionally, one must block not only one-shot cleaves from the boss, but any stuns or knockbacks from other sources, like Velidreth's Flesh Atronachs, Domihaus's Ice Atronachs, and Hiath the Battlemaster's adds, because taking those stuns will result in an immediate death and group wipe.

With all that going on, you hardly ever have time to complete a heavy attack, particularly if there's a nasty DoT you have to eat (here's looking at you vSO hm Mantikoras).

Nobody in PvE set out to permablock, but all the endgame boss fights require it.

QFT.

Try tanking vAA axes with 320 ping like everyone in Australia does.

ZoS seem to have a direct contradiction in that they want PvE tanks to perma block (with shards support?) and PvP tanks to NOT perma block.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:
    The stun of this ability can't be blocked or dodged which makes this ability extremely strong, increasing the cost to use this ability will make the use of it less frequent and used when it is really needed.

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Dual Wield - Reduce Steel Tornado damage by about 5%-10%, base damage is too high to multiple enemies compared to other options.

*Templar:

Also, the damage of this ultimate ability is too high to single targets when stacked(more than one eye of the storm active in one place).

@ZOS_Wrobel

Nerf Volatile Familiar? Wut? You looking for magblade-only mag DPS in PvE?

Nerf Surprise Attack? Wut? You looking to make the PvE meta even *more* "stack as many stamDKs as possible?"

Please, please, please people. Take a moment to to consider people who play the other half of the game before you go calling for a bunch of nerfs.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't belive this and here is why ...

Lets talk a bit logical here shall we ...

Its human nature that we are competitive we want to be the best , better then other people its just in our DNA which is good because the better we are trying to be then others, we better our self and then others would try to be better then you ect so its always a progress in humanity and in competition ( now this can be a double edge sword but im not going into that)

So having said that , you are saying that you play with all of those classes you wish skills to be nerfed , now that dose not make any sense to me and here is why.

We are all attached to at least one of the class we love to play with , and if you wish to admit it or not, subconsciously or not we see our selfs within those characters this is why we spend time making the characters look the way we want, dress it certain way , finding perfect name for it , even have some story behind it and the more you play with it the more you connect with it ( this is what gaming company wants for us to fell emotional attached on some level to the game so we come back to it time and time again)

And this is why you get upset when somebody T bag's you , he didn't do it to you in real life but to your character and also it reflects on your skill as well so you get P@#$ off and upset and try to hunt the person back and when you kill him you do the same thing to him so he knows he is not better then you.

Now having said that when you are attached in some form of way to you character and when people want to nerf one of your skills which you know it makes your class weaker, you take offence to it and you will fight for it because nobody wants to fell weak and and also people don't want to start another character and shelf the one that they played for years and are attached to it so as i said they get angry and are against the nerfs to their class.

So for you to say you play all of those characters and then decided to tell your self " hey you know what .. i am way too powerful i can kill others so easy ...they should nerf my skills that is use so other players have a chance when they fight me " makes no sense and its BS IF this was your logic then you could of just changed skills ...

No.. the more logical and honest reason was its the same reason why ANYBODY on forums calls for nerfs for a class skill they don't play with and that is simple...

They / you were getting killed by those skills and got upset because as i said your characters reflects on you as we are attached to them so every time you got killed by something you couldn't counter didn't react ect and got upset and got fed up because they kill you with the same skill or 90% of people on that class are running the same skills,

So naturally you fell like its not fair as "the only reason they can beat me its because of the class skill and not because of players skill is BS how they use only this skill it should be nerferd" so you want it to be nerferd so in your view the classes would be balanced.

• Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Templar:

@ZOS_Wrobel

Before claiming for changes like these try PvPing without PvE gear on. Trust me, impen does wonders in PvP.
    Edited by Quantum_V on January 17, 2018 1:25AM
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, at ZOS HQ...

22tg6i.jpg
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »

*Warden:

*Dragonknight:

*Sorcerer:

*Restoration staff:

*AOE Caps removed:

*Nightblade:

*Templar:

@ZOS_Wrobel

Before claiming for changes like these try PvPing without PvE gear on. Trust me, impen does wonders in PvP.

This exactly. balancing classes and just nerfing damage across the board are NOT the same thing. The latter being a poor idea in a fast paced combat system.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Runefang wrote: »
    If I read that correctly I can only use the shards synergy once every 30 seconds? While also increasing block cost?

^^^^This. I understand ZOS's need to address permablock builds in PvP. However, since this is primarily a PvP gripe, it should be remedied with PvP filters such as Battle Spirit.

I wish people understood that "permablock" is NOT a problem in PvP.

Here's a thought experiment for you. Can you kill someone with the sword and shield ult up. Happens to me all the time. Block Cost is not the problem. 2 or three non-potatoes can easily pump out enough DPS to kill anyone just sitting there holding block. the problem is damage mitigation and/or healing.

Previously there were some shady ways of getting a lot of mitigation. For the most part those bugs are gone and I haven't seen ANYONE just sitting there with max health while 5 people beat on them. That was a mitigation issue, not a block issue!

Block is fine.

Fear also forces people out of block, and resource poisons can be applied to blocking players.
    Best thing is just immobilize them and stack dots, like you would any high resistance enemy.
    Unlike bosses, those tanks will run out of stamina in short order with constant--keyword constant--damage.

I feel like the desired effect of this change could have been accomplished with a player-applied debuff to ultimate generation. Make Siphoner affect player ultimate generation, and permablockers can't rotate the shield ulti to recoup resources in Cyrodiil.

Exactly what kills my tank. Especially Stam DK who don't even worry about breaking free of my CC skills. But Stam Sorc e's strong too because even moving behind then doesn't work because all their AOE is centered on them.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Does the removal of AOE caps make Devouring Swarm useful again? Imagine a Devouring Swarm bomb paired with VD and Magic Det. You could move at full speed and the heals should keep you alive through the duration of the ultimate. And it is cheaper than the destro ult.

I bomb with Devouring Swarm right now and its still effective with the right build...

I cant wait until the caps are removed as a result...

:)

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 20, 2018 11:12AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s