Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.2

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverse the Power Lash cooldown.

This change is inexcusable from a balance standpoint.

You just nerfed Magicka Dragonknight into the ground in PvE and PvP (even worse than before, which I didn't think was possible).

How did someone even code that without doing a double-take and hitting Ctrl Z?
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Well, magDK was fun while it lasted......wtf am I supposed to do with it now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Well, tanking. Thats what Wrobel want for DK.
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bighanson wrote: »
    RIP PVE MAG DK

you need to give the mag DK sustain (with Molen Whip) otherwise it's broken af.
    won't play it ...

I mean PvE magDKs have already been dead for 6 months, we're just digging them up and burying them again now.

ZOS will probably get around to fixing it 6 months from now during their next round of "nerf everything to the ground and add a bunch of boring, unimaginative cooldowns to the game to slap a band-aid on CP power creep."
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    RIP Magicka DKs in PvE for now. Honestly, at some point i gotta wonder whether you guys dont play your game. Magicka DK damage is tied to off-balance and how do you expect them to sustain? how do you want them to be included in any group?

16% off-balance at maximum. Power lash cooldown is ridiculous as well for PvE.

I can already predict that off-balance will be erased from raids. Guaranteed.

RIP MagDK in PvE? They've been dead since Morrowind :D
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't help it but to laugh a bit. :)

lpP0DJB.png
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont agree with the nerf to Immov pots, letting stamina have its way even more

Pointless Nerf for Soul Assault, its a noob cannon or Xv1

Better spread on BG AP to encourage pushing for a win.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    3-second cooldown on Power Lash AND Power Lash is dodgeable? WTF

Dodge is a given. It was a bug. But 3s cooldown is awful. Because now if someone dodges it, you are SOL. It should be no cooldown. But consume offbalance if it stuns, or if it PLs twice. That was its not permanently spammable, but you aren't straight ruined. After it is consumed, it would require the normal, re CC and flame lash to proc the PL again.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once again classes (here, specifically DK) has to suffer because the Developers want to force big combat changes onto the game and not re-balance class abilities to accommodate those changes. This is jut like the removal of dynamic Ult without then re-turning Battle Roar.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess im racing changing my magDK, rip. Other changes look good though.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on that ESO+ perk where we don't get double-dipped on gold cost for the outfit system.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Dont agree with the nerf to Immov pots, letting stamina have its way even more

Pointless Nerf for Soul Assault, its a noob cannon or Xv1

Better spread on BG AP to encourage pushing for a win.

Sould assault needed it. To stop it being such a mess Xv1 tool to counter.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, great patch notes.

I love the TK fix and I like the change to flame lash - it seems like a good compromise.

The immov potion nerf makes me sad because I use them religiously, but I agree with the nerf and will have to actually think about which pot to use now.

Love the seventh legion fix - this is not too heavy handed and will only be felt by those who were “abusing” the set the most.

Like the jabs change. This will make it easier to land. I’d also like to see a range of 1m increase so we could more easily hit the rolly pollies during medium to high latency period.

I like that you fixed some of the bugs with DK wings.

I like the changes to BG AP. It gives “winning” a larger incentive.

A few issues:

Stamblades are over performing and the removal of snare from soul assault removes the best counter to stamblades.

Stam DK - no changes, but the fact that they relied more on TK than any other class means that they, once again, feel the unintended nerf the hardest.

Stamden still OP in PvP and UP in PvE.

Stam sorc dark deal spam is still a thing.

Edited by Thogard on January 22, 2018 11:12PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why remove SA snare completely? Reduce it to 30-50% at least, even with 70% stam builds could roll dodge to LOS. So what magplars are left with? Meteor which can be blocked and templars have no unblockable stun to make that combo effective? Cresent sweep taken away, Dawnbreaker physical, no good burst ulti left, ZOS wants me to be a healbot which I would rather quit than play it that way, that's it I'm done.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Bighanson wrote: »
    RIP PVE MAG DK

you need to give the mag DK sustain (with Molen Whip) otherwise it's broken af.
    won't play it ...

I mean PvE magDKs have already been dead for 6 months, we're just digging them up and burying them again now.

ZOS will probably get around to fixing it 6 months from now during their next round of "nerf everything to the ground and add a bunch of boring, unimaginative cooldowns to the game to slap a band-aid on CP power creep."

Stamblade in PvE will be so satisfying to play. Especially for people who aspire to do things other than heavy attacks ;)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not waisting my time beyond this post to try and tell you guys how to fix magicka dk. Further proof you guys don't play your own game. If you did it would be blatantly obvious that magdk needs a serious re-work, not other lazy nerfs. If these changes go live, no one will play it. It's ridiculous. Failure. Epic failure on one of the coolest classes to play in the game.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could change my MagDK into a MagNB. Guess he'll be relegated to crafting duty.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Why remove SA snare completely? Reduce it to 30-50% at least, even with 70% stam builds could roll dodge to LOS. So what magplars are left with? Meteor which can be blocked and templars have no unblockable stun to make that combo effective? Cresent sweep taken away, Dawnbreaker physical, no good burst ulti left, ZOS wants me to be a healbot which I would rather quit than play it that way, that's it I'm done.

+1. Reduce it to 30-50% snare rather than to REMOVE it completely. :( It will make no sense at all. People will just run and get away with 10% damage or less.

One of the ultimates I had the most joy using it. It was fast, especially to eliminate pest players.
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    please fix cloak so you can finally nerf nightblades, running cloak on live is hilarous.. literally everything breaks it
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    • The “Resurrect Ally” ability can now always be interrupted, even if the enemy player has crowd-control immunity.

Here you go- the first exception to the new Interrupt mechanic - how many more to come?

How can you not see how problematic the old iteration was in cyrodiil with high rank templars ressing allies....?

On another note, the wings fix is welcomed, the power lash change is not. Power lash being dodgeable, while im sure not intended, has been around since like patch 2.0 and has been one of the best tools for DK against rolly polly/shuffle builds. This nerf is going to be extremely hard hitting.... If you are making power lash dodgeable, for the love of god, make cliff racer dodgable/reflectable.

Why must you always give something to the DK (ie. wing fix) but then take something away.

dont worry, come the next chapter wardens are going to get nerfed hard to force players to buy the new content lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    The buff to Grim Focus will make my PvE rotation a bit easier, but... Those magDK changes? Magicka Dragonknights were already unusable in endgame PvE. The changes to lava whip - adding a 3 second cooldown - only exacerbates the issue and widens the gap between Magicka Dragonknights and other Magicka DPS classes. Further, why try to "balance" this ability with a cooldown? ESO is all about not having cooldowns, it's one of the core design philosophies. It's an extremely strange way to "balance" this ability and it will be confusing to new players when one ability doesn't work like the others. I hope this change is reverted and that Magicka DK receives some well-deserved buffs for PvE.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): The Power Lash attack from this morph now has a 3 second cooldown.

Well, here's to another 3 months of not being able to play ESO. Gotta find some way to screw over DKs every patch..

But you have zen set now, guess you'll have to use that with your ultimate for a 100% kill combo.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is incredible how you guys make useless feedback.

When you cry for something, please tell the context, dk always make me laught when they give feedback :D

For ZoS, here is the reality :

Magicka DK in PvE will not compete as a damage dealer with the new off-balance boss system. Can you please make something to the off balance boss mechanic so magicka DK can be competitive there without affecting PvP balance ?

Magicka DK got a huge buff in PvP, and of course the spamable Power lash was going to be nerfed for the sake of balance, it could be nice to buff PvE damage without destroying PvP balance.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome patch notes all around.

As someone who plays mDK in PvP, the infinite Power Lashes needed to be toned down & having them be dodgeable is just fair - they're waaaaay too strong against dodge roll oriented builds on Live currently.

Also, regarding this note:
    Plague Slinger: Fixed an issue where the projectiles fired from this Item Set’s proc were removing enemies from stealth or invisibility.

...does this fix work the other way around as well?

I.e. if I'm a Nightblade using this set and it procs, will my own proc still pull me out of stealth @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

It says it no longer removes enemies from stealth or invisibility, so just thought I'd ask.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for PvE doesn't off balance last 4 seconds and power lash cooldown is 3 seconds, so now dragonknights get to have 2 free casts every 15-20 seconds or you can choose if you want to heavy attack

oh boi i'm gonna go grind one up right now, it's way too powerful.

Amazing what such a terrible patch Morrowind turned out to be and ruined the game in many aspects that has taken up to almost a year now to correct, and one class is still unplayable in PvE so it's not even fixed yet. It's going to take over a damn year.
    #MOREORBS
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that time where everyone thought they would get to dust off their Mag DK's for trials?

XBox NA
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

As someone who plays mDK in PvP, the infinite Power Lashes needed to be toned down & having them be dodgeable is just fair - they're waaaaay too strong against dodge roll oriented builds on Live currently.

Plague Slinger: Fixed an issue where the projectiles fired from this Item Set’s proc were removing enemies from stealth or invisibility.

I.e. if I'm a Nightblade using this set and it procs, will my own proc still pull me out of stealth @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

It says it no longer removes enemies from stealth or invisibility, so just thought I'd ask.

Yeah, I think patchnotes look alright (from PvP standpoint, can't talk about PvE).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Been posting this on other pts forums but now that soul assault is being looked I'd love a response to my post about soul assault's other morph: soul shatter. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379011/shatter-soul-ability-is-not-working-as-intended#latest
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Slightly increased the Forward Camp deployment radius to prevent placement on inner Keep structures.
    • Slightly increased the Forward Camp deployment angle checks to allow for more forgiving placement on terrain.

It was pretty tricky to get place them on top of resource towers, I hope we are still able to do that.

It would be nice to hear ZoS's plans on what exactly their vision is for magicka melee (and Warden) DPS. I don't think that DKs should always have a zero cost, super-high damaging spammable that heals them either, but neither they nor templars can match what their stamina counterparts can do single target-wise.

It would be great if damage wasn't the only thing classes brought to the table, but that seems to be the way of things.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

makes sense. DKs have an undodgable and unblockable gap closer that grants major expedition to compensate for dodge-able abilities.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual