Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Transmutation crystal rewards for vet content

rpfc1009
rpfc1009
✭✭
Would you please consider increasing the minimum amount of trans crystals we get from vet and vet hard mode pledges.
It’s very frustrating to get one crystal, even two for finishing a vet pledge hard mode.
It would be more rewarding if it was a 3 to 10 for vet and 4-10 for hard mode
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbh I've never got more than 2 crystals from any vet HM pledge... PvPing is much more rewarding in this regard. I think we should be getting golden geodes from DLC vet HM pledges.

But knowing how much ZOS loves to make our gaming experience worse, I expect nerfs to Rewards of the Worthy rather than buffs to PvE sources of crystals. Sadly.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it'd be cool if they'd double it. You know, to two... :|

PvE transmute rewards should be on par with PvP transmute rewards, and HM should get a modifier, even if it's +1 lowly crystal.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rpfc1009 wrote: »
    Would you please consider increasing the minimum amount of trans crystals we get from vet and vet hard mode pledges.
    It’s very frustrating to get one crystal, even two for finishing a vet pledge hard mode.

I totally agree, for normal pledges: one crystal,
    but for vet or vet HM, the drop should be minimum 5 crystals, not bellow that number!
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Was just told that by going to pvp and take a farm, you get 4 crystals...
    In pave it has taken me 3 pledges and a random to get that many...
    Hardly seems fair
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for this.

Nothing more frustrating than full hard mode City of Ash 2 pledge only to get one crystal for your trouble.

Never got more than 4, and don't know anyone in the guild that has. No idea where the 10 max comes from but suspect it is not in the code.

Sure, it is "free" but hardly the rewarding experience it should be. Usually just a group wide groan at 1 crystal.

Come one devs, at least make it 2 minimum
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

wrong (in most of the cases).
    each character that opens a reward of the worthy will get a geode (cool-down per character seems to be 20h). Further geodes can drop randomly, but i wouldn't rely on it.

20k ap is required for each bag if i'm not off with the numbers. so no, a resource in general isn't enough. only when you are filling the 20k border by capturing the resource. so you can't go to pvp each day and simply capture a resource.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, ZOS made gold geodes for rewards for the worthy and specifically went out of their way to make a lesser version for pve rewards. This was a decision made on purpose for who knows what reason. Ask ZOS why they think pve content should be rewarded at a lower rate than pvp content. I'd love to know the answer.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    for vet or vet HM, the drop should be minimum 5 crystals

Yep

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

It's fair because you are allowed to go into PvP and earn those crystals. We all know that people complaining that crystals are too hard to get in PvE while too easy to get in PvP will not lead to them increasing the amount for PvE activities, but rather nerfing the amount of crystals we can get for PvP. Have you considered trying PvP to get more crystals? You might actually like it. We shouldn't be complaining that TOO MUCH of a good thing is dropping in certain content especially if that good thing doesn't affect the in-game economy.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, these crystals are only obtainable after finishing vet dungeons? I think it's a little bit unfair...
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭

I heard that the drop rate for those with tails is lower as the have to give half of all they earn to their dumner masters

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes no sense to me is how the final boss of vMA/vDSA is guaranteed to drop 4 crystals. While the final bosses of every other vet trial only has a small chance at a 1-10 geode (which normally yields 1-3), plus a once-a-week guarantee of 5 crystals. The once-a-week, BTW, can be obtained in the normal version of the trial.

Yea, that makes total sense.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    So, these crystals are only obtainable after finishing vet dungeons? I think it's a little bit unfair...

No. You can get them from normal dungeons too.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Hardly seems fair

It's fair because you are allowed to go into PvP and earn those crystals. We all know that people complaining that crystals are too hard to get in PvE while too easy to get in PvP will not lead to them increasing the amount for PvE activities, but rather nerfing the amount of crystals we can get for PvP. Have you considered trying PvP to get more crystals? You might actually like it. We shouldn't be complaining that TOO MUCH of a good thing is dropping in certain content especially if that good thing doesn't affect the in-game economy.

Then we should remove the golden vendor since you can get that gear from pve right? Also the tel var alchemy bags. Not asking for more one way or the other just equal amounts.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Then we should remove the golden vendor since you can get that gear from pve right? Also the tel var alchemy bags. Not asking for more one way or the other just equal amounts.

The problem with this argument and a number of other posts in this thread is that comparing PvP awards to PvE awards is very apples to oranges.

For a long time, PvP players didn’t have (maybe still don’t have) sufficient awards for earning AP. Now, PvP receives a decent (but not overboard) reward for earning AP.

Maybe dungeons should reward more transmute stones. There are some good arguments here for that ... but comparing it to PvP rewards isn’t a great foundation for discussion.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

I have read what you just said about 10 times and cannot understand the argument you are trying to make. You actually CAN'T get golden jewelry in PvE either (overland and 4-person dungeon sets) so I'm not even sure what you're getting at in the slightest.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 12, 2017 6:16AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

I have read what you just said about 10 times and cannot understand the argument you are trying to make. You actually CAN'T get golden jewelry in PvE either (overland and 4-person dungeon sets) so I'm not even sure what you're getting at in the slightest.

Wasn't referring to jewelry, just monster set pieces. I was just counter arguing that rewards should be equal regardless of pve/pvp. I get one stone per day for a random normal dungeon. Will take 50 days to be able to trans one piece of gear at this rate. Mutliply that by 5 or 7 pieces of gear and I might as well keep grinding the dungeon to get the set and trait I want. Using the same argument that was used to get monster sets in pvp. Why should I be "forced" to run things I dont enjoy. Again not asking for anything above for one side or the other, just balance.

All in all its not that big of an issue to me. I'm pretty much set on my gear,
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

Wasn't referring to jewelry, just monster set pieces. I was just counter arguing that rewards should be equal regardless of pve/pvp. I get one stone per day for a random normal dungeon. Will take 50 days to be able to trans one piece of gear at this rate. Mutliply that by 5 or 7 pieces of gear and I might as well keep grinding the dungeon to get the set and trait I want. Using the same argument that was used to get monster sets in pvp. Why should I be "forced" to run things I dont enjoy. Again not asking for anything above for one side or the other, just balance.

Well yeah, doing one random normal per day is going to be really slow. To get crystals in PvE the fastest way is to complete the veteran content. Also, the rate at which you can earn them in PvP is a little overstated in this thread. But the main issue for me is that we all know that people asking for balance to this will not lead to a buff in terms of crystals earned in PvE but rather a reduction in crystals earned in PvP because ZoS almost always tries to balance by nerfs rather than buffs. You may not WANT to PvP but in case you ever decide to, it'd be nice to not have that number nerfed for you and others
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

Well yeah, doing one random normal per day is going to be really slow. To get crystals in PvE the fastest way is to complete the veteran content. Also, the rate at which you can earn them in PvP is a little overstated in this thread. But the main issue for me is that we all know that people asking for balance to this will not lead to a buff in terms of crystals earned in PvE but rather a reduction in crystals earned in PvP because ZoS almost always tries to balance by nerfs rather than buffs. You may not WANT to PvP but in case you ever decide to, it'd be nice to not have that number nerfed for you and others

Yeah this is true. They rarely buff anything, but they sure like that need hammer.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

Well yeah, doing one random normal per day is going to be really slow
    Just as it should be.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly seems fair

Like I said before I'm pretty much set for now. I also pvp on occasion so yeah I could go that route. I just don't understand why it seems that they have nerfed all drop rates into the ground lately. Sure there need to still be a grind, I know this, but the point of my example was what's the difference in running a normal every day for 350 days to get your gear traited or just farming the gear? This was supposed to alleviate the massive grind that turns most off.

And yes again I run vet dungeons and trials so I do get them at a better clip. Still seems like a bait and switch type move, as in we gave you what you wanted but you'll still have to grind your butt off to get what you want.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what would be cool, is if they actually dropped. We ran 6 dungeons last night and not one drop. On HM Vet no less. I know there is a "chance" but it seems that chance is very similar to the chance that a new purple furniture
    or motif will drop in CWC.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what would be cool, is if they actually dropped. We ran 6 dungeons last night and not one drop. On HM Vet no less. I know there is a "chance" but it seems that chance is very similar to the chance that a new purple furniture
    or motif will drop in CWC.

Doing pledges and daily randoms gives a geode each time.
    Edited by static_recharge on November 15, 2017 4:54PM