Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

IS THE HEAVY ARMOR NERF ENOUGH?

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    no, heavy armor sets are still too good and medium armor sets are still garbage

you shouldn't be doing more dps in heavy than in medium because a few sets give you an absurd amount of weapon damage when you get hit

Izaki wrote: »
    Heavy Armor itself isn't the problem. The passives are very good but not OP. Just like Light Armor passives.

The problem is: the sets. Especially Ravager, Armor of Truth, Seventh Legion and Fury. How on earth are the first 2 even Heavy Armor? They should be medium. Seventh Legion and Fury are in line with the Brawler playstyle which fits the Heavy theme, but they still over the top. Why are they over the top? Because not a single medium armor set gives that much damage potential (not even close to be honest).

This leads us to the next problem. Why are all the medium armor sets, aside from Bone Pirate, terrible? There's literally only 1 Medium armor set that procs weapon damage: Senche. But its unusable by most builds since the buff duration is way too short. If there were medium armor sets like Ravager or Veiled Heritance, medium would already be much more popular.

This leads us to the last and biggest problem: medium armor passives suck. Sneak radius? Why? Replace this with a proper defensive passive.

Boom.

This guy nailed it. These sets are too good, and medium sets are mostly terrible. Why is medium a worse choice for dps in pvp? It makes no sense.
    Edited by ecru on October 17, 2017 4:45AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Heavy Armor itself isn't the problem. The passives are very good but not OP. Just like Light Armor passives.

The problem is: the sets. Especially Ravager, Armor of Truth, Seventh Legion and Fury. How on earth are the first 2 even Heavy Armor? They should be medium. Seventh Legion and Fury are in line with the Brawler playstyle which fits the Heavy theme, but they still over the top. Why are they over the top? Because not a single medium armor set gives that much damage potential (not even close to be honest).

This leads us to the next problem. Why are all the medium armor sets, aside from Bone Pirate, terrible? There's literally only 1 Medium armor set that procs weapon damage: Senche. But its unusable by most builds since the buff duration is way too short. If there were medium armor sets like Ravager or Veiled Heritance, medium would already be much more popular.

This leads us to the last and biggest problem: medium armor passives suck. Sneak radius? Why? Replace this with a proper defensive passive.

Boom.

Been saying to just put blade cloak's 25% aoe mit in place of sneak radius. Would solve a lot of medium's issues in PvP, while helping weapons other than dual wield to be defensively viable in end game PvE.

I almost feel like that could be a bit much of a buff.

It would expedite a lot of the annoyance of builds that stack shuffle along with spamming dodge roll by seriously mitigating one of the harder counters to that playstyle.

I will admit that it does seem like a better solution than doing something like adding dodge chance per piece or increasing dodge frames on roll.

Having played a round with blade cloak a bit myself, I can honestly say that 25% might be too much for just a passive buff, given how strong it feels.

Passive dodge chance should just go away. There is no skilled interaction in passively negating an attack due to chance.

I'm also not against tethering the 25% aoe damage mit to a reward mechanic, such as actively avoiding damage for short periods of time (to fit into dodge roll play).
    - I.e; ~Per Piece of Medium Armor Worn~ : Gain 4% damage mitigation against Area of Effect attacks if you have not taken damage in the last 3(?) seconds, for 3(?) seconds. If you did not take damage during the buff's duration, this effect is refreshed.

This helps medium armor builds feel rewarded for actually dodging damage and utilizing the playstyle/lore of medium properly; mobility and grace. It also gives a grace period where if you are attacked by an undodgeable attack, you have a short duration in which you retain some of your mitigation, but also has a set limit where a player who is specialized to counter you can do so. Obviously values are up to balance, but it would help medium armor have a unique ability to stand out defensively like the other two armors, and also help decision making vs just going 5-1-1, or going all 7 medium.

But alas, this is about heavy armor. I fear I have derailed the thread with my Stamina bias too long :'(

Definitely agree with the dodge chance thing, having even 1% dodge chance is pretty toxic to gameplay, as you can randomly win a fight by getting lucky and avoiding a key ability.

As far as getting the AOE mitigation for not taking damage, I feel like that plays better into some classes than others, since DK's or Stamplars can't really break combat to get the buff up like a Stamblade or a Stamsorc can. Additionally that would also make the passive non-existant vs Wardens given the power of undodgable bird spam.

I'd say either have a lower percentage passive mitigation from wearing 5 medium, or gain a higher temporary boost for a duration after a dodge roll, but have the bonus be lost upon becoming CC'd.

That way you still play into the graceful dodging warrior ideal, while keeping clear counters and giving more initiative with the buff.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Options
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭

Boom.

Been saying to just put blade cloak's 25% aoe mit in place of sneak radius. Would solve a lot of medium's issues in PvP, while helping weapons other than dual wield to be defensively viable in end game PvE.

It would expedite a lot of the annoyance of builds that stack shuffle along with spamming dodge roll by seriously mitigating one of the harder counters to that playstyle.

I will admit that it does seem like a better solution than doing something like adding dodge chance per piece or increasing dodge frames on roll.

Having played a round with blade cloak a bit myself, I can honestly say that 25% might be too much for just a passive buff, given how strong it feels.

Passive dodge chance should just go away. There is no skilled interaction in passively negating an attack due to chance.

I'm also not against tethering the 25% aoe damage mit to a reward mechanic, such as actively avoiding damage for short periods of time (to fit into dodge roll play).
    - I.e; ~Per Piece of Medium Armor Worn~ : Gain 4% damage mitigation against Area of Effect attacks if you have not taken damage in the last 3(?) seconds, for 3(?) seconds. If you did not take damage during the buff's duration, this effect is refreshed.

This helps medium armor builds feel rewarded for actually dodging damage and utilizing the playstyle/lore of medium properly; mobility and grace. It also gives a grace period where if you are attacked by an undodgeable attack, you have a short duration in which you retain some of your mitigation, but also has a set limit where a player who is specialized to counter you can do so. Obviously values are up to balance, but it would help medium armor have a unique ability to stand out defensively like the other two armors, and also help decision making vs just going 5-1-1, or going all 7 medium.

But alas, this is about heavy armor. I fear I have derailed the thread with my Stamina bias too long :'(

Definitely agree with the dodge chance thing, having even 1% dodge chance is pretty toxic to gameplay, as you can randomly win a fight by getting lucky and avoiding a key ability.

As far as getting the AOE mitigation for not taking damage, I feel like that plays better into some classes than others, since DK's or Stamplars can't really break combat to get the buff up like a Stamblade or a Stamsorc can. Additionally that would also make the passive non-existant vs Wardens given the power of undodgable bird spam.

I'd say either have a lower percentage passive mitigation from wearing 5 medium, or gain a higher temporary boost for a duration after a dodge roll, but have the bonus be lost upon becoming CC'd.

That way you still play into the graceful dodging warrior ideal, while keeping clear counters and giving more initiative with the buff.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glorious+Defender+Set
    +
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Para+Bellum+Set

If you dont like RNG you could give Medium a free dodge or two if they havent taken damage in a certain number of seconds.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

Boom.

and i want to add that some awesome person will figure out how to exploit/stack/etc. that 1% and put it on youtube and we'll be here again, as stated, arguing against that.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »
    Seperate pvp from pve. Ruin separately please

Lol! I don't think anyone is upset with the permablocking, insane sustaining, disgusting burst damaging, hard to kill PVE players...

CE is plague... And make it you cant use shield with light or medium armor sick of permablocks with light armors and stuff...
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Malmai wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »
    Seperate pvp from pve. Ruin separately please

Lol! I don't think anyone is upset with the permablocking, insane sustaining, disgusting burst damaging, hard to kill PVE players...

CE is plague... And make it you cant use shield with light or medium armor sick of permablocks with light armors and stuff...

burning light, witch broom, puncture puncture puncture, (oh ***, they saw through my cookie cutter rotation!!!!), vampire mist around a tree,... REPEAT
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    It was never OP in the first place.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

947.jpg
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    The issue doesn´t lie with the heavy armor skilline, but with certain sets and the calculation-formula of block-cost. Also, there´re some sets out there that aren´t working as intended and are exploited to give insane sustain.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

947.jpg
    "I got killed, and i it's all the fault of Heavy Armor"
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

947.jpg

I use heavy armor... As a stamblade... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

947.jpg

I use medium armor... As a Stamplar... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    See? Medium Armor is OP.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, explain.

Boom.

Ummmmm.....Briarheart? On top of your much desired WD proc it gives kind of Sorc Surge.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 17, 2017 6:16AM
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

947.jpg

See? Medium Armor is OP.

nope1.gif

How many threads have been plaguing the forums with countless complaints of how over powered medium armor is? How many times has ZOS repeatedly nerfed medium armor due to its over poweredness? Yea thats what I thought buddy... Thanks for your input though, the community greatly appreciates it.
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

Boom.

Ummmmm.....Briarheart? On top of your much desired WD proc it gives kind of Sorc Surge.

Briarheart has been horrible for the 2 years it has been out. I still to this day cannot believe a set's 5 piece bonus that requires a crit to proc, does not allow its heals to crit...
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

947.jpg

See? Medium Armor is OP.

nope1.gif

How many threads have been plaguing the forums with countless complaints of how over powered medium armor is? How many times has ZOS repeatedly nerfed medium armor due to its over poweredness? Yea thats what I thought buddy... Thanks for your input though, the community greatly appreciates it.
    I have seen multiple threads telling how bad Heavy Armor is, therefore it is underpowered.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

947.jpg

See? Medium Armor is OP.

nope1.gif

I have seen multiple threads telling how bad Heavy Armor is, therefore it is underpowered.

Link your sources....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372177/the-final-nail-in-the-medium-armor-coffin-undodgeable-ccs-for-dk-and-sorcs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/364381/medium-armor-in-pvp-needs-a-buff

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359700/issues-with-medium-armor-how-to-fix-it

After a quick search the top 3 threads that came up were all regarding on how bad medium armor is. Thanks though!

O0PDGY.gif
    Edited by Shadzilla on October 17, 2017 6:26AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

Boom.

Briarheart has been horrible for the 2 years it has been out. I still to this day cannot believe a set's 5 piece bonus that requires a crit to proc, does not allow its heals to crit...

Briarheart was good back when the heals actually could crit.........
    Well, we know who we can thank for that change/nerf at least..(not meant towards you personally, just to be clear :) )
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Qbiken wrote: »

Boom.

Well, we know who we can thank for that change/nerf at least..(not meant towards you personally, just to be clear :) )

The heals never could crit, and it was never good. Hundings reks briarheart all day. Even with amazing rng procs it only has like 60-65% uptime. The worst part about it is I spent like 2 weeks farming that set when it first dropped with orsinium hoping it would be awesome... Was soooo disappointed after theorycrafting with it.
    Edited by Shadzilla on October 17, 2017 6:31AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

Boom.

The heals never could crit, and it was never good. Hundings reks briarheart all day. Even with amazing rng procs it only has like 60-65% uptime. The worst part about it is I spent like 2 weeks farming that set when it first dropped with orsinium hoping it would be awesome... Was soooo disappointed after theorycrafting with it.

It never did?? Then my memory failed me :P I just remembering using this set on Werewolf and actually performing quite well. :P
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

Boom.

It never did?? Then my memory failed me :P I just remembering using this set on Werewolf and actually performing quite well. :P

Yea ZOS logic ftw. *requires crit to proc 5 piece* *the healing ticks don't crit*
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

947.jpg

See? Medium Armor is OP.

nope1.gif

Link your sources.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/331748/heavy-armour-needs-some-love
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246450/is-heavy-armor-viable-for-vet-maelstrom-arena
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/364166/heavy-armor-magicka-sustain
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/375753/deconstruct-all-your-heavy-armour-its-useless-again
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342198/buff-heavy-armor-with-wrath-to-have-crit-as-well
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    No amount of nerfing heavy armor will be enough. The heavy armor meta won't go away until people pull their heads out of their arses and realize that the benefits of using light and medium armor are simply not worth giving up the survivability of heavy armor. You want the heavy armor meta to go away, figure out how to buff light and medium armor in pvp without screwing up pve.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I use heavy armor on NB-Tank, and that one is intended and build to do her job in 4-person groups, and it is wanted and needed that she deals dmg as welll, cauze being on the road with pugs as well, I don´t have any need to waste hours getting one ini done.
    And in my opinion, ESO should leave the player the choice what to wear and with what purpose!
    Now it looks with every new downgrade, yes I say downgrade, cause that are no longer upgrades, that ESO and ZOS want to make these decisions for the base, and so force all and everyone to do what ZOS wants! Freedom to play as you like the way you like is ever since One Tamriel fading away!
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Azurya on October 17, 2017 7:18AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a light armor magplar in pvp right now along with a medium armor stam sorc

If you’re whining about heavy; you’re not doing it right.

Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

Boom.

Boom.

Uh, less weapon damage than 7th legion and uptime is 10s out of every 15s, whereas 7th legion can be up 100%.

Why is a heavy armor set better for dps than a medium armor set?

?????????????????????
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Nerfs that exist just to balance pvp are killing the pve game.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    In the terms of PVP, these nerfs are good in killing off the turbo-dodging, endless-blocking, high damage, AND high sustain builds for the most part. In PVE, tanks don't need damage. They need sustain, which is staying in heavy armor. With Shuffle being locked to medium armor, I've talked to my tank friends, and they just don't use it in pve.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    The problem with heavy armor is that it gives you the best of two worlds: you get both defense/sustain and damage (with certain sets).
    I think there's nothing wrong with troll tank, permablock builds as long as they cant do the same damage as medium/light armor builds. In my opinion, its really stupid that the best stamina sets for pvp are heavy. Removing 200 weapon/spell damage from the passive wont help as long as those sets are still BiS.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Nerfs that exist just to balance pvp are killing the pve game.

Yh this hit pve real hard that lost to sd/wd are going to kill pve tanks. And they are replacing it with more resources with heavy attacks ugh this is horrible to any tank that wears heavy in pve

#endsarcasm
    Edited by FloppyTouch on October 17, 2017 8:30AM
    Options