The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armour needs some love !

Mappy2kx
Mappy2kx
✭✭✭
Hi guys! I'm playing in heavy armour since the game was introduced in Europe! And for some years I'm still waiting to see the heavy armour shining , but never happend :( Pls , remove the resistance cap ! Or if you have one for resistane why you dont put one for damage too ? I know 80% are DD in this game , but pls , do something about us too ! We are the true knights of this game ! :) cheers !
M
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm...

You're aware some builds in PvP are super strong with heavy armour right now? It doesn't really need any more of a boost.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Im not ! Pls tell me one or two?! They are not strong , they just met weak opponent :)
    M
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    Haha heavy gear is the meta and stupidly op atm with high dps. This is why most people are healer dps and tanks all in 1
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »
    Im not ! Pls tell me one or two?! They are not strong , they just met weak opponent :)
    Off-hand I don't know them, I don't use any of them. Hopefully someone can jump in and fill you in on them, there has been a lot and annoyance from people about how sustainable heavy armour builds are.

As for removing armour caps or adding damage caps the issue with that is you would just have (worse than now) unkillable players. Players could just swarm into flags in heavy armour with 90% damage mitigation, use a heal every now and then and never die.

Who cares if they can't kill anyone, you could siege your way across Cyrodiil with your immortal army taking negligible damage.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought I read it all
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf? What do you mean heavy armor builds are not strong and need a buff? Lol do you even pvp?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is used by like 60%+, probably more, of the population in PvP right now. Its sustain with Constitution is amazing and the extra resistance helps a lot in surviving. Also the hardcap does not need changing, if you need more explanation for why, read my post about damage mitigation and see that there is tons of ways to get mitigation and that stacking resistance is not a good option in most situations anyway.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

But again, Heavy armor is the FotM and has been for quite some time now. Most threads are about how to either nerf heavy armor or buff Light and Medium armor. Personally I think buffing will help more in this case but we can never be sure, hindsight will always be 20/20 and before it happens we are blind.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, cmnnn !!! Its not true ! I dont know what game are you want to play , but in mine , I want to live little bit longer than 1 shot :( or 2 if Im lucky ! Plsss ! Write me here a build to survive all these Sorcs and assasins :( who only want just to 1 shot you ! ONLY DAMAGE DAMAGEEE ! Look the quee , when you want to do dungeons or random ones! When you quee as a DD and 80% of the players areee , you wait 1 hour , and as a tank less than a min ! Why ? Cos tanks are so popular and are soo OP in this game , or because noone wants to play and are very few of them ?! :( Im very disapointed ! I rreeeallly want to see a build for pvp as a tank when I can survive at least 30 secs ,,, Im not desparate having damage but at least to dont die so easy in Heavy armour, cos thats why is called Heavy ! Not only to shine ! ;)
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Wtf? What do you mean heavy armor builds are not strong and need a buff? Lol do you even pvp?

M
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, cmnnn !!! Its not true ! I dont know what game are you want to play , but in mine , I want to live little bit longer than 1 shot :( or 2 if Im lucky ! Plsss ! Write me here a build to survive all these Sorcs and assasins :( who only want just to 1 shot you ! ONLY DAMAGE DAMAGEEE ! Look the quee , when you want to do dungeons or random ones! When you quee as a DD and 80% of the players areee , you wait 1 hour , and as a tank less than a min ! Why ? Cos tanks are so popular and are soo OP in this game , or because noone wants to play and are very few of them ?! :( Im very disapointed ! I rreeeallly want to see a build for pvp as a tank when I can survive at least 30 secs ,,, Im not desparate having damage but at least to dont die so easy in Heavy armour, cos thats why is called Heavy ! Not only to shine ! ;)

How many champion points do you have
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

i have 680
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    I have 680 ! Dont know how to replay just to you ! :(
    M
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i have 680

I don't know how you aren't feeling tanky with that much CP and heavy armor. Are you keeping up you defensive buffs as well
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

i have 680

I don't know how you aren't feeling tanky with that much CP and heavy armor. Are you keeping up you defensive buffs as well

I do ,yes ! Im DK and Im using the spikes for defence ....I have black rose ...around 27-28 k spell and armour resis...+ the buff from the spikes 5200 and is around the max limit 33k...but trust me...2 hits and dead...
    And the other day I was with some friends of mine...runing after a guy who was SPAMING heal , vigor,,,etc,,all the skills and didnt die...:((( we were like 6-7 of us :(((...so if you have to be a heal spammer in pvp to dont die so easy...maybe I should give up the heavy armour..and take the light one...maybe I will survive longer ! :(((
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

ofcorse I play...do you think I complain about mobs killing me to fast ? :))) lol
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is used by like 60%+, probably more, of the population in PvP right now. Its sustain with Constitution is amazing and the extra resistance helps a lot in surviving. Also the hardcap does not need changing, if you need more explanation for why, read my post about damage mitigation and see that there is tons of ways to get mitigation and that stacking resistance is not a good option in most situations anyway.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

But again, Heavy armor is the FotM and has been for quite some time now. Most threads are about how to either nerf heavy armor or buff Light and Medium armor. Personally I think buffing will help more in this case but we can never be sure, hindsight will always be 20/20 and before it happens we are blind.

Yout post is amazing...a cool post and very full with information...but after all of these nubers...calculations ...I still die from 2 shots ! :((((( maybe my math is not so good as yours and as Zos team ! :(....
    M
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, how much health points do you have? You might want to shoot for 30k+ if you are being burst down often. Also, are you using impenetrable gear to reduce critical strike damage done to you? In addition, ensure you are putting around 70-ish at least into the warrior constellation at Hardy and Elemental Defender to get the most out of your resistances.

Hopefully you start feeling more like a tank and less like a thin tin can full of red jelly, soon!

• Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Hey OP, how much health points do you have? You might want to shoot for 30k+ if you are being burst down often. Also, are you using impenetrable gear to reduce critical strike damage done to you? In addition, ensure you are putting around 70-ish at least into the warrior constellation at Hardy and Elemental Defender to get the most out of your resistances.

Hopefully you start feeling more like a tank and less like a thin tin can full of red jelly, soon!

done all of these boy ! i have 37k Hp and 680 cp ...all in def points ! and still...sooo squishi ! :((
    M
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This feels suspiciously like a troll post. In PVE most dungeons either dont need a tank or can be tanked in medium with a shield.

In pvp heavy armor gives you a huge difference even without all passives active. Unless you are playing cp 30 day campaign which I agree that heavy armor alone isnt going to save you, using the right combinations of gear should fair you pretty well.

I always spec my tank for high damage, giving up survivability, and do pretty well to stay alive. I cant imagine if i ran sturdy and block cost reduction build.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need an "oh snip"-button. Like maybe elusive mist. Always hover a finger over that button when travelling and jam it the second you even think you hear a nightblade sneezing.

It's true that even with extremely high mitigation a nightblade can jump you and proc 3 sets at once and do a boatload of damage. There is no building around reaction time.
    I'm not very well versed in DK playstyle so I don't know what a viable "oh snip"-button might be for you, but I do not honestly believe that you are actually one-shot all the time. You will, most of the time, have a second to react, break free, dragon blood, elusive mist, or whatever you have available. Once the procblade have unloaded on you (giggedy) you should be able to handle him with your extreme tranking prowess.

Heavy armor makes a huge difference from light armor in PvP.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor doesn't mean you can stand in red, not block, roll, heal or cast a shield. So ... um ... L2NSIRBRHorS.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are my new favourite.
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    My Stamsorc in purple gear, 7 heavy, has like 25k resistances and over 5k weapon damage bursts when my buffs proc. In Werewolf form, it's even more stupid. Heavy armor does not need any buffs.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you still have to block and respond to combat cues.
    PC | EU
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    Um... I don't think HA needs any buffs to what it currently offers. You have HA passives that just rock if you are tanking properly, and players that do it well are un-killable with 5 or more trying to put them down. At one point I was in favor of a Nerf to one of the passives, wrath, to proc when taking physical damage. I don't know which type of damage procs that passive, but it is granting considerable amount of damage while being hard to kill in most cases.
    #NoEasyProps
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Block.

:)))
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    You are my new favourite.

ty
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    You need an "oh snip"-button. Like maybe elusive mist. Always hover a finger over that button when travelling and jam it the second you even think you hear a nightblade sneezing.

It's true that even with extremely high mitigation a nightblade can jump you and proc 3 sets at once and do a boatload of damage. There is no building around reaction time.
    I'm not very well versed in DK playstyle so I don't know what a viable "oh snip"-button might be for you, but I do not honestly believe that you are actually one-shot all the time. You will, most of the time, have a second to react, break free, dragon blood, elusive mist, or whatever you have available. Once the procblade have unloaded on you (giggedy) you should be able to handle him with your extreme tranking prowess.

Heavy armor makes a huge difference from light armor in PvP.

very funny !
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    This feels suspiciously like a troll post. In PVE most dungeons either dont need a tank or can be tanked in medium with a shield.

In pvp heavy armor gives you a huge difference even without all passives active. Unless you are playing cp 30 day campaign which I agree that heavy armor alone isnt going to save you, using the right combinations of gear should fair you pretty well.

I always spec my tank for high damage, giving up survivability, and do pretty well to stay alive. I cant imagine if i ran sturdy and block cost reduction build.

you are troll man ! a troll player ! you and your friends who only want to do more damage as possible ! you dont really care about the game ! you want just to kill someone very fast and very simple ! pls , remeber , you are the one who is complaining about the Heavy armour being too OP , this way making fake posts like the fake news you ready them every day ! pls ..wake up and be honest with the comunity! you are a toxic person! go and play mario!
    M