The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

IS THE HEAVY ARMOR NERF ENOUGH?

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Remove trees and rocks while you are at it so 15 to 20 people don't have to chase tanks around trees. lmao
    Seriously, yes it takes a few to kill the perma blockers but they aren't doing the damage.
    Their buddies are while you are so preoccupied with chasing the tank.
    A learn not to chase situation.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 17, 2017 10:12PM
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    mag templars will still abuse it with pirate skeleton and so are nightblades with mirage instead of shuffle.
    Options
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    mag templars will still abuse it with pirate skeleton and so are nightblades with mirage instead of shuffle.

Its not as if heavy armor should be unusable, it just shouldnt be such an obvious choice for everyone and their argonian mothers.
    Options
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS stated that heavy armor was supposed to be the sustain armor set so ye, the wrath passive doesnt have a place on it
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    It's a start. I think they should let it land with the shuffle restrictions and wrath removal, and see where that leaves the armor meta for different PvP playstyles.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the problem is that simple. Sure forumgoers and ZoS seem to think the solution to every problem is just to nerf stuff, but nothing in ESO operates in a vacuum. When sustain is nerfed, when good and impactful skills are nerfed, when class abilities are taken away, when gear is nerfed, then all of a sudden we are stuck with eviscerated characters that don't have the offensive capability to bust through heavy armor tanks.
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I wouldve prefered they somehow added the wrath passive to both other armors too. at least replace wrath with something usable by tanks. Make it I dunno... dmg reduction from a specific source - or ultimate gain - or i dunno, make it randomly ignore attacks. Like every 20 seconds has a chance to negate a source of dmg up to x points (based on amount of pieces worn).
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    It was never OP in the first place.

947.jpg
    "I got killed, and i it's all the fault of Heavy Armor"

I use heavy armor... As a stamblade... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    I use medium armor... As a Stamplar... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    See? Medium Armor is OP.

nope1.gif

How many threads have been plaguing the forums with countless complaints of how over powered medium armor is? How many times has ZOS repeatedly nerfed medium armor due to its over poweredness? Yea thats what I thought buddy... Thanks for your input though, the community greatly appreciates it.
    I have seen multiple threads telling how bad Heavy Armor is, therefore it is underpowered.

Link your sources....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372177/the-final-nail-in-the-medium-armor-coffin-undodgeable-ccs-for-dk-and-sorcs

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/364381/medium-armor-in-pvp-needs-a-buff

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359700/issues-with-medium-armor-how-to-fix-it

After a quick search the top 3 threads that came up were all regarding on how bad medium armor is. Thanks though!

O0PDGY.gif

That gif is comedy freaking Gold!!

:smiley:
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Heavy is so OP, Infinte Sustain nerfed a lot but yeah, God mode survivalbility because armor penetration doesn't exist and Insane dmg topping DPS charts on vet MoL In PVE.

Heavy should be only about tanking no damage at all with the exception of those perma block builds that don't deal any dmg and just specifically tank nerf that [snip] too because it's cancer to not be able to kill anyone and have unkillable builds in PVP.

So yeah the nerf isn't enough next remove constitution then maybe we might have balance.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by Anti_Virus on October 18, 2017 4:14PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

This.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

947.jpg
    "I got killed, and i it's all the fault of Heavy Armor"

I use heavy armor... As a stamblade... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    I use medium armor... As a Stamplar... Due to the fact of how OP it is.
    See? Medium Armor is OP.

10/10
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, explain.
    Medium is much worser .
    Options
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    For the love of Talos, NO ITS NOT ENOUGH! , so many people out there still need to L2P, lets just nerf it to Oblivion :o ... :p
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
    Options
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I would have been happier if they brought bracing back_ the passive pve tanks did not want to give up on in the first place.
    I could live with this change though.

#bringbackbracing
    #teamEmeric
    Options
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill support nerfing heavy armor more the day Zos makes it so anyone with a damage shield cannot regen magicka during its duration. Enough is enough. Everyone wants to just Pew Pew Pew and the minute they cant burn someone down they lose their minds and cry on the forums.

There are very few abilities that can be block cast that do serious damage. If you drain all your resources trying to kill a block tank you deserve to be killed, period. Just run away. If I run into an unkillable tank I just leave. They cant kill me if I play smart and walk away. 7th and fury require you to stand there and hit them to give them their buff. There is lots of AP to go around, no point in repeatedly smashing your head against a brick wall.

Now a shield stacking sorc can have all the resource management by back barring lich, lots of damage and can burst you down or shield up and run away. All the while being just as tanky as a full heavy block build without any drawbacks.

Balance..........maybe shields should he looked into now that Zos is done "balancing" heavy armor.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
    Options
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Buff medium, nerf sorcs, nerf buffs, buff nerfs.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Heavy is so OP, Infinte Sustain nerfed a lot but yeah, God mode survivalbility because armor pen doesn't exist and Insane dmg topping DPS charts on vet MoL In PVE.

Heavy should be only about tanking no damage at all with the exception of those perma block builds that don't deal any dmg and just specifically tank nerf that [snip] too because it's cancer to not be able to kill anyone and have unkillable builds in PVP.

So yeah the nerf isn't enough next remove constitution then maybe we might have balance.

Are you for real?? Constitution is more or less trash anyway (You can thank Blackrose for that). People doesn´t seem to get that the heavy armor skilline isn´t the problem. Things that needs to be addressed:

* First, no build is unable to permablock infinite amount of players, and if they´re, the issue doesn´t lie with the one permablocking, but the ones attacking. ´This is what others usually call L2P-part. Most important ingredience of a 1vX video with permablockers are bad players.

* Certain heavy armor sets needs to be locked at. These are sets like 7th-Legion, Fury, perhaps Ravager (It´s quite balanced IMO since the proc-chance is so low). In my opinion you should be able to dish out damage in Heavy armor. HA is not for tanking only, even Wrobel himself has stated that. If you slot 5 non-setspecific crafted HA pieces and compare to 5 non-specific crafted medium or light armor pieces, HA will do less damage. Doesn´t take to much time to test, and it doesn´t take a genius to figure out that if HA still can do more damage than medium or light armor, then the problem lies with certain sets, not with the HA-skilline.

* Block-cost formula. People suggest so many stupid ides how blocking should be affected by battlespirit without knowing how block-cost works. Everyone can become a "permablocker" by adding 3 "reduce block-cost" enchants on their jewels. The reason the glyphs are so strong is that they reduce blocking by a flat value after all other calculations to block-cost has been made. Changing the way the block-cost formula/calculation works will address permablocking.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 18, 2017 1:06PM
    Options
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »
    Buff medium, nerf sorcs, nerf buffs, buff nerfs.

berf nuffs?

have I gone too far?
    Options
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Perma blocking while dishing out damage or major heals is the problem. Change the mechanic so there is some risk for perma blockers to stay in that state.

Mag dps DKs and Templars in PVP, emphasis on PVP, are the main abusers.

2 suggestions that can be added to the list of others:

Have block cost more the longer you block with a reset cool down (just like roll dodge and streak).

Or

Limit magic recovery when maintaining block as well (just like mist form). Perma blocking+mag dps=over performing. This would force perma blocking dps builds to drop block more frequently/often in order to regen their magicka pool they just dumped in dps.

Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Heavy is so OP, Infinte Sustain nerfed a lot but yeah, God mode survivalbility because armor pen doesn't exist and Insane dmg topping DPS charts on vet MoL In PVE.

Are you for real?? Constitution is more or less trash anyway (You can thank Blackrose for that). People doesn´t seem to get that the heavy armor skilline isn´t the problem. Things that needs to be addressed:

* First, no build is unable to permablock infinite amount of players, and if they´re, the issue doesn´t lie with the one permablocking, but the ones attacking. ´This is what others usually call L2P-part. Most important ingredience of a 1vX video with permablockers are bad players.

* Certain heavy armor sets needs to be locked at. These are sets like 7th-Legion, Fury, perhaps Ravager (It´s quite balanced IMO since the proc-chance is so low). In my opinion you should be able to dish out damage in Heavy armor. HA is not for tanking only, even Wrobel himself has stated that. If you slot 5 non-setspecific crafted HA pieces and compare to 5 non-specific crafted medium or light armor pieces, HA will do less damage. Doesn´t take to much time to test, and it doesn´t take a genius to figure out that if HA still can do more damage than medium or light armor, then the problem lies with certain sets, not with the HA-skilline.

* Block-cost formula. People suggest so many stupid ides how blocking should be affected by battlespirit without knowing how block-cost works. Everyone can become a "permablocker" by adding 3 "reduce block-cost" enchants on their jewels. The reason the glyphs are so strong is that they reduce blocking by a flat value after all other calculations to block-cost has been made. Changing the way the block-cost formula/calculation works will address permablocking.

[Edited for quote]

That was sarcasm dude. I know constitution is bad but these zombies claim it's super OP and give infinite sustain which is *** to say.

Also they complain that heavy should be about tanking but then block builds shouldn't exist they pretty much want to nerf heavy into the ground.

Light armor users are tanky as heck too with shield stacking and deal out a bunch of dmg but that's not a problem.

Also nerf heavy armor styles because having them look cool makes it OP too.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on October 18, 2017 9:26PM
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Other.

The wrong nerf.

Buff med, change block. Tadaa. Less TTK issues, heavy is decent again.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    It's a LAME, IGNORANT and INEXPERIENCED knee-jerk reaction to try and balance two systems that cannot be balanced.

Once again, I will state that PvP and PvE are completely separate and irreconcilable systems that CAN NEVER be balanced. Period.

They are too far apart in what is required to balance them by their very nature. There is simply no way to balance what is needed and necessary to defeat a vet Trial boss by 12 people with what is needed to defeat one, two, three or more human opponents in PvP.

And instead of admitting their mistake and obvious oversight and complete lack of any understanding of human nature (constantly striving to find BiS for everything), the devs continue to put band aids on a system that has been fatally wounded.

Two choices:

1) Completely separate PvP and PvE. Different servers for both and balance the two environments separately. This could actually be interesting as running around all of Tamriel in PvP mode would be a challenge.

2) For every armor, weapon, skill, spell, potion, item, etc... make 2 tabs, a PvE tab and a PvP tab. Each item would have TWO effects... one in PvP and one in PvE. It would be seamless and as you entered PvE, the PvE effects automatically engage and the same with PvP.

Both require reworking and many hours development to make happen, so, of course, they will never happen. Hence, PvE and PvP will never be balanced and they will continue to band aid the dead patient until the game finally dies the true death.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    It's never going be enough. PVPers can never be satisfied.

And ZOS wont even have the deceny to give us bloody bracing back.

We all know it's gonna get nerfed again, and tanking will become harder and harder until it becomes impossible, and then the dam will break. Our opinions no longer matter, ZOS DOES NOT WANT YOUR FEEDBACK
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on October 18, 2017 4:57PM
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in mostly medium armor for all my characters since the beginning. Can still be just as tanky in medium armor.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I don't care for the direction this goes for PvP, but care as long as my tank and still tank...

I think the change is in the right direction, but I am not convinced that the probable 200 spell/weapon damage bonus you could get was the highlight of possibilities.

It was an interesting dynamic for sure, but what is comes down to is what players can do with the armour while having good resistance and in general, sustain. Then being able to use the "what players can do" to make better offence...

TL/DR; There are other ways to deal more damage, 200 w/s dmg off proc isn't like a 20% damage nerf.
    Edited by SirMewser on October 18, 2017 5:03PM
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Start small with nerfs and work down. Be careful of asking for not enough
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    No nerf to armor, class skills, game mechanics, racials, etc will EVER be "enough" when you have the champion system constantly adding power creep and ruining the game.
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I fail to see what's everyone issue with the so called perma blockers. Can't give a damn about them, since they represent 0 threat to me.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    I fail to see what's everyone issue with the so called perma blockers. Can't give a damn about them, since they represent 0 threat to me.

The COD kids that play this game go apoplectic when they cant just 360 no scope or one shot someone.
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Urza1234 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    As for the perma-blocking problem, it's not heavy that's at fault, since it has not had a block cost reduction passive in 1.5 years. Bracing was replaced with Wrath in DB, and Wrath is now being simply deleted. To remove perma-blocking the blocking mechanic should be changed. In my opinion it should work the same way as Wrath, but in reverse: each attack blocked increases subsequent block cost for a certain time, stacking a number of times. The base block cost should be lower than now, to allow the blocking of 1-2 attacks even by characters with low off-resource, but the maximum block cost would be significantly higher than now. This will not handicap PvE tanks as much, since most fights are scripted so you can actually drop block and choose what to block pretty reliably, and you build for significant cost reduction anyway (shield play enchants, shadow ward CP, sturdy armor). Also Defensive Stance should be rework to reduce the cool-down on this stacking instead when slotted, as the current bonus of increased block mitigation and reduced cost is shared with some of the skill passives and several class passives.

Thats actually a really good idea, except you forgot 1 thing:
    Perma-blocking is interesting, dynamic, and skill-intensive gameplay.

Yeah, I like perma-blockers too. they can be used for some nifty strategic ka-booms hahaha :*

if things keep going like this can u plz bring back the dkvampy that made everybody cry?
    Options