The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again.

Rex-Umbra
Rex-Umbra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Gina just said on ESO live they are removing the wrath passive next update.

HA has been nerfed every patch since Dark brotherhood.

Light and Medium will now be best for all roles and situations and Heavy is back to being useless.

Magicka and Hybrid heavy niche builds hardest hit by this.

Heavy only has slightly more resistances than medium without evasion, dodge, damage, reduction, recovery. Light armour has damage, cost reduction/recovery, penetration and a shield (s).

HA has never been OP, certain proc sets mostly stamina based ones added to much burst to tanky builds. Without those stamina based Proc sets heavy would of been fine even 10 patches ago when it was much stronger. Non meta Hybrid builds that rely on heavy for the balance of weapon and spell damage are the most effected by this.
Edited by Rex-Umbra on October 14, 2017 12:51PM
Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eso live ... THANK , i was planning to watch this and i forget :smile: i will do this now ^^ thank again
    Options
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Gina just said on ESO live they are removing the wraith passive next update. Seriously HA has been nerfed every patch since Dark brotherhood. Light and Medium will now be best for all roles and situations and Heavy is back to being useless.

Way do you think they only would change things if people ask for it?
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrath

Rank I
    WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED:
    Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 5 for 5 seconds when you take damage, stacking up to 20 times

Rank II
    WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED:
    Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 10 for 5 seconds when you take damage, stacking up to 20 times
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good. pvp is borderline stupid with the heavy armors everywhere...so dumb...
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nerf thread goes unanswered. And another build bites the dust

Yeap, going back to magicka
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 13, 2017 7:32PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'll probably be too small of a nerf to matter

heavy armor sets are the problem
    Edited by ecru on October 13, 2017 7:31PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i upload every worthless 5 minute kite around a tree battle i see and find to zos via twitter so they know what it looks like ;-)

i love zos and love to help however i can!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming this is legitimate news and not a troll post, from a design perspective it's the right thing to do. They've already toned down heavy armor a lot in recent patches in various ways, but heavy armor should be for tanking roles. It's not right to choose heavy armor for the defense and sustain it offers, yet also attain the burst damage it's capable of.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor must be armor of tanks in any content. Mages and assasins running in heavy armors is plain stupid from any point of view. People who support this are the people who will get their stupid builds "ruined"
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add this to the removal of Shuffle from HA users and you kind of get the picture of where ZOS are heading with this
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly did they say again, could I get a full quote.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this means you actually can't go full tankmode with hardly any Dps loss anymore?
    How can they, OMG sky falling
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HA was the only gear type for Hybrid builds. Stam builds can run medium which is only slightly less tanky and light armour has shields both those types have dramatically more damage potential.
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id rather they replace it with health regen, shield, or any kind of defensive bonus, stackable up to 20 times, but NOT armor/resistance, the ceiling for it is too low and it would be useless. (unless they make the armor/resistance ceiling as high as DPS ..... aka, remove it alltogether :D )
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    So this means you actually can't go full tankmode with hardly any Dps loss anymore?
    How can they, OMG sky falling

This guy gets it
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstruct all your heavy armour it's useless again
    What exactly is your definition of "useless"?
    confused24.gif
    Options
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, you shouldn't be able to do alot of DPS in heavy armor. Its for survivability, not everything. Now its on par with light and medium, every armor weight has its role now. Heavy armor is supposed to be tank wear....light/medium for DPS.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    confused24.gif

Might as well tank in light or medium depending if your a magicka or stamina tank both have better sustain and much higher damage. Tankiness comes from blocking not armour.
    Options
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Rex-Umbra but heavy outperforms medium on every stamina build unless it's a gankblade pretty much for magicka it's more balanced more a question of what role you plan to play.

Lets wait and see what they replace wrath with.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @Rex-Umbra but heavy outperforms medium on every stamina build unless it's a gankblade pretty much for magicka it's more balanced more a question of what role you plan to play.

Lets wait and see what they replace wrath with.

They're replacing wrath with a passive that increases the amount of resources your heavy attacks restore. The new passive will be called revitalize, and they're making an unspecified change to rapid mending as a result.

The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it means is shield-spamming magicka toons (which are already cancerous in PvP if played well and handle themselves just fine against the HA meta) will once again completely dominate cyrodiil.

Nothing new here folks. Move along.

Ah well, I guess I'll get to enjoy my knight-slayer and oblivion gear again.
    Edited by Jamini on October 13, 2017 7:58PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    confused24.gif

Might as well tank in light or medium depending if your a magicka or stamina tank both have better sustain and much higher damage. Tankiness comes from blocking not armour.

Blocking the ice bomb from the Bone Colossus in vFH on my MagNB DPS in Light Armor and 19k hp, 70% health gone.

Blocking the ice bomb from the Bone Colossus in vFH on my MagSorc tank in Heavy Armor and 26k hp, 10% health gone.

Tankiness also comes from responsible resource management. You can't block anything if you run out of stamina, or provide a lot of utility without magicka. Heavy armor helps through the heavy attack passive and through getting hit.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on October 13, 2017 8:03PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20130328215316
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY!
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    latest?cb=20130328215316
    Lol
    Options
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    All it means is shield-spamming magicka toons (which are already cancerous in PvP if played well and handle themselves just fine against the HA meta) will once again completely dominate cyrodiil.

Nothing new here folks. Move along.

Ah well, I guess I'll get to enjoy my knight-slayer and oblivion gear again.

Somebody is using HA as a crutch, lol...∆∆∆

Edited by jlboozer on October 13, 2017 8:10PM
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrath gone and spreading one passives into two? I am quiting so wont bother but someone should gather the last years worth of HA nerfs into a pile it's staggering.

For the record i played a ha nb for the Shadow Knight feels played this way since launch but it's always been a challenge in pvp but doable. It's pointless to continue to my niche style will never be doable again in this game.
    Edited by Rex-Umbra on October 13, 2017 8:13PM
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrath is not the problem, fury, legion and ravager are. This will only nerf magicka builds in HA, especially PvP healers.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you lose out on a potential 200 wd/sd, correct? I don't see it killing HA. Definitely a good direction though.
    Options