The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fake Tank = Kick - Chat Screenshots

bhagwad
bhagwad
✭✭✭✭
If you queue for a vet dungeon as a fake tank (actually DPS), you get kicked plain and simple. It's cheating the dungeon finder, and you just abuse it to get shorter queue times. Wait in line like the rest of us:

9A3ecw5.jpg
[snip] [edited out for name]
dgjZd2X.jpg

And afterwards we found a REAL tank, and we had a blast finishing the dungeon. Explained all the mechanics via chat and it all worked out. Here's a screenshot of our happiness after killing the last boss:

r0WGdlm.jpg

Moral of the story. In a vet dungeon, tank means TANK. That means taunt and hold boss still - at the very least. If you want to DPS, then queue as a DPS and wait your turn like the rest of us. It annoys me so much because I play a tank myself and know how much value I bring to a team in a vet dungeon. To see that value thrown away because some *** decided to be a pro DPS pisses me off.

Be a tank, or I will aggressively ask the others to kick you like it happened here.

Edit: I am SUPER impressed that the English forum software censored my French curse word :P
Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on October 13, 2017 1:48AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, u gave it away ik ur age now

Pulling out the big guns I see.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why use a French swear word? Trying to cheat censorship?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On one hand, you really shouldn't queue as a role you're not unless you're in a group with 3 other friends and want to do randoms together as 4 dps.

On the other hand, some vet dungeons really don't require a tank to complete assuming the group members are semi-competent. Fungal Grotto II is one such dungeon.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    On one hand, you really shouldn't queue as a role you're not unless you're in a group with 3 other friends and want to do randoms together as 4 dps.

On the other hand, some vet dungeons really don't require a tank to complete assuming the group members are semi-competent. Fungal Grotto II is one such dungeon.

If it's a random dungeon finder group, we can't assume that people know the mechanics. Like here, I had to explain the mechanics for each and every boss. A tank is absolutely invaluable for those situations! Even Fungar Grotto II. Like keeping the Spawn of Mephala still, and Reggar as well.

A tank brings order to chaos. If you're in a random dungeon finder, we cannot cheat the queue like that!
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Yes, u gave it away ik ur age now

Pulling out the big guns I see.

Earlier, he called me a kid. So basically he has contempt for everyone :P
    Options
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of the 4mans can be done without tanks or healers. So who really cares?
    Options
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    We did a normal COS the other day and some NB with a LIGHTNING staff queued in as a tank....he quickly got the boot as well....
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

OP probably likes the Merovingian way :D .
    Edited by Gargath on October 12, 2017 7:09PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    The majority of the 4mans can be done without tanks or healers. So who really cares?

The ones who thought they were getting a tank or healer and have to adjust their build and gameplay (if they even can) due to the fact that someone lied. But forget them amirite?
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 12, 2017 7:14PM
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

That's not the point.

Besides the fact that when queued for randoms you might get anything - even those that do require a tank, the fact that a lot of people gloss over in these threads is that it's a DPSer gaming the system which makes the wait time for all the other honest DPSers longer. That's the real issue.
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

I care. I care very much, as seen here.

It's not really the question of whether or not it can be done without a tank or healer that bothers me. It's more the notion of cheating the queue to get faster dungeons. The other DPS guys waited their turn. Anyone who tries to cut the line like that, will get the boot.

Though I disagree with your main statement as well. The majority of 4-mans with the dungeon finder tool absolutely cannot be completed without a healer or a tank.
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

OP probably likes the Merovingian way :D .

This :D
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always vote to kick fake tanks. If the vote doesn't pass, I simply leave and just log in another character and que a dungeon. This process saves my limited playing time.
    Edited by Megabear on October 12, 2017 7:14PM
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    In these cases I just leave the group. In fact I have quite a few personal rules I use for leaving a group if I see something I do not like or if people are being rude in anyway.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    If you queue for a vet dungeon as a fake tank (actually DPS), you get kicked plain and simple. It's cheating the dungeon finder, and you just abuse it to get shorter queue times. Wait in line like the rest of us:

9A3ecw5.jpg
    dgjZd2X.jpg

And afterwards we found a REAL tank, and we had a blast finishing the dungeon. Explained all the mechanics via chat and it all worked out. Here's a screenshot of our happiness after killing the last boss:

r0WGdlm.jpg

Moral of the story. In a vet dungeon, tank means TANK. That means taunt and hold boss still - at the very least. If you want to DPS, then queue as a DPS and wait your turn like the rest of us. It annoys me so much because I play a tank myself and know how much value I bring to a team in a vet dungeon. To see that value thrown away because some *** decided to be a pro DPS pisses me off.

Be a tank, or I will aggressively ask the others to kick you like it happened here.

Edit: I am SUPER impressed that the English forum software censored my French curse word :P

I 100% agree.

Fake tanks should be kicked.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on October 13, 2017 1:49AM
    Options
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying when I que for 40 mins as dps like I'm supposed to and then end up with 3 more dps after all that time....I need a healer and a tank, not 2 more dps. And usually the fake tank/healer isn't even that great of a dps, they make it harder on everyone because they're selfish. IMO to que as tank you should be required to have a taunt on your bar, same with healers and having a heal barred. I don't usually initiate a kick on anybody because I think its scrubby, but I'm gonna start with people in these fake roles. And I'm a dps myself, but I actually que as a DPS....its unfair to everyone else!
    Edited by jlboozer on October 12, 2017 7:24PM
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would honestly just run the dungeon with a fake tank. Pretty much all of my builds can nearly solo most normals.

...and then kick the fake tank right before the final boss so he has to do the whole thing again without a carry.

---

If the guy queued as tank is good enough to tank and DPS, I won't care.
    Edited by Jamini on October 12, 2017 7:23PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not cheating to queue as tank to get into a random? lol
    Is it cheating if a tank queues as a DPS?
    Is it cheating if a healer queues as a DPS?
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating the queue system had me laugh.

While i do agree that having a proper tank makes Dungeons somewhat easier it is hardly necessary. vDSA needs a solid tank and the better he plays the better you all play, but for dungeons it is a cake walk doing with any class/role, most have been solo'ed.
    Options
  • Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    Most base game vet dungeons can be easily done with 3 DD as long as the healer is good. Sorry but you were the ****** here and not that guy who wanted to have fun and clear the dungeon fast. DLC dungeons are a different story.
    Edited by Belyar on October 12, 2017 7:27PM
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

While i do agree that having a proper tank makes Dungeons somewhat easier it is hardly necessary. vDSA needs a solid tank and the better he plays the better you all play, but for dungeons it is a cake walk doing with any class/role, most have been solo'ed.

Of course it's cheating the system. Would a DPS still queue as a tank if the wait times for tank and DPS roles were the same?
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you people need to learn the meaning of words...that guy did not cheat ***...you are just a simpleton who don't get it...where does it say you have to be full T/H/DD/DD grp? right now you can go 4 DD with vigor and finish everything...tanks are overrated the way ESO is right now...and seriously...don't QQ when you get *** groups while using damn dungeon finder tool...if you so good then get a guild and get a proper group and stop whining...qqing about finding noobs and dimwits in dung finder is like complaining there is 2 much water in the ocean...
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belyar wrote: »
    Most base game vet dungeons can be easily done with 3 DD as long as the healer is good. Sorry but you were the ****** here and not that guy who wanted to have fun and clear the dungeon fast. DLC dungeons are a different story.

Tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank to hold aggro and keep the box still...
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Try saying that with pugs who's idea of DPS is bow light attack.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, and I can solo majority of non-DLC normal dungeons myself, but I still kick fake tanks anyway. I enjoy fairness when I can enforce it.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank to hold aggro and keep the box still...

You don't need a tank for most any vet dungeons. You can even get away with doing vDSA with no tank if you have competent players. L2RollDodge
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    you people need to learn the meaning of words...that guy did not cheat ***...you are just a simpleton who don't get it...where does it say you have to be full T/H/DD/DD grp? right now you can go 4 DD with vigor and finish everything...tanks are overrated the way ESO is right now...and seriously...don't QQ when you get *** groups while using damn dungeon finder tool...if you so good then get a guild and get a proper group and stop whining...qqing about finding noobs and dimwits in dung finder is like complaining there is 2 much water in the ocean...

If you form a team manually, there are indeed no restrictions. You can form a 4-man tank team if you want.

However, the dungeon finder tool very clearly spells out the expected roles. If you tell the game that you're going to fulfill a certain role, and have no intention of doing so, then that is indeed cheating.
    Edited by bhagwad on October 12, 2017 7:33PM
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am actually laughing at this response. For what it's worth. It is as you say entirely worthless to complain about the people you get in a random pug. It's half of the random element. Where you go wrong is the rest of your post.

The moment you select a role in the dungeon finder, you must be able to perform that role. I don't even think that is up for debate.
    Options
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't need a tank for most any vet dungeons. You can even get away with doing vDSA with no tank if you have competent players. L2RollDodge

Again, tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank, and see what they have to say.
    Options
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple role chosing shouldn't be exist. Choose your role and play, simple. If u wanna quee as a tank, then play as tank, otherwise its becoming a selfishness and taking time of other players. Who wants to carry selfish players' loads?

Few days ago i played with a guy who choose all roles and playing as healer in that dungeon (vet elden hollow 1). In the middle of dungeon we noticed that the guy not healing. When we asked him, his answer is "do self heal!" Then we kicked him.Well if multiple choosen won't exist, then there will be less problem.
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
    Options