The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fake Tank = Kick - Chat Screenshots

• nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larsay wrote: »
    Oh what a vicious circle this always is...

What defines a tank?
    What defines a healer?
    What defines a DPS?

Seriously. Did you find out if the guy was rocking a taunt and maybe shield stacking for mitigation? Or on the assumption he was not in heavy armor and sword and Board you vote kicked.

The problem is whether I agree with you are not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the minute we start this argument it just gets everyone mad. Especially since as a tank and a real tank, I hate what I feel are "Fake DPS" but eh, I don't kick the poor guy who does not get that Light Attacks are not DPS.... And with there being so many DPS in this game, and so many that feel this style play is DPS, getting in a group with a "fake DPS" is more problematic than a "fake" tank.

No, I suck it up and do the damn dungeon. Why... because that's what the random finder nets. Then when I run with my friends I am thankful that I have friends....

If you don't like running with people like this, just don't use the finder. Find some friends, make life easier on you. Problem solved really.

Dude, it's the intention that is relevant here. Kicking a player who is just not good or new to the game is a different story. And to be honest I don't see DPS only light attacking in vet dungeons very often. I do see people who queue as all roles pretty much in every PUG though and most of them are purely DPS with the intention to skip the queue.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larsay wrote: »
    Oh what a vicious circle this always is...

What defines a tank?
    What defines a healer?
    What defines a DPS?

Seriously. Did you find out if the guy was rocking a taunt and maybe shield stacking for mitigation? Or on the assumption he was not in heavy armor and sword and Board you vote kicked.

The problem is whether I agree with you are not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the minute we start this argument it just gets everyone mad. Especially since as a tank and a real tank, I hate what I feel are "Fake DPS" but eh, I don't kick the poor guy who does not get that Light Attacks are not DPS.... And with there being so many DPS in this game, and so many that feel this style play is DPS, getting in a group with a "fake DPS" is more problematic than a "fake" tank.

No, I suck it up and do the damn dungeon. Why... because that's what the random finder nets. Then when I run with my friends I am thankful that I have friends....

If you don't like running with people like this, just don't use the finder. Find some friends, make life easier on you. Problem solved really.

He was a "fake tank" because he didn't have a taunt. Did you even read the conversation? He openly says this dungeon doesn't need a tank. The boss was chasing everyone around and people were dying.

What does armor have to do with this? The job of the tank is to aggro the boss and keep the boss still. Did anyone mention a word about armor, or a shield?

This thread is not about someone being bad at their job. This thread is about someone not even TRYING to do their job. This thread is about people deliberately deceiving the group by lying about their role so that they get faster queue times.
    Edited by bhagwad on October 20, 2017 12:57PM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone with a tank role ever gets bored waiting in the queue and temporarily equips DPS weapons to knock some overland mobs around. Then when the "accept dungeon" request pops up, they hurriedly accept and fumble around as they swap back to tank equipment, then get kicked for appearing in front of the others without a shield.

I've done it a few times but had a quick-swap outfitter add-on so I was able to avoid all the judgementalling.

That's what Armor and skill swap mods are for!

Though, I do feel bad for console peasants ._.
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who used to bring his mDK PvP toon into queue when I needed to, if you're gonna "fake tank" have the common decency to: a. slot a taunt (that you can maintain) b.have enough self healing that the healer doesn't have to have an aneurysm trying to keep you alive. and c. know mechanics for the DPS AND Tanks (since you need to be doing both anyway)

There is a caveat to this...if you're a glass cannon stamblade in medium armor...please don't.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I find this funny. About 20% of the time that I queue as a tank for a non-dlc daily pugging I end up having to swap to a dps & carrying the group as a dps. This is of course dependent on the dungeon, if it's also gotten to this point chances are we won't be doing hard mode. Normally I find most dungeons to be easier with 1 tank & 3 dps
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps