The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fake Tank = Kick - Chat Screenshots

• SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm even as full blown DD it's easy to tank. Just equip Inner Fire and stand still. Been there, done that. But with a decent premade group.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    Belyar wrote: »
    Most base game vet dungeons can be easily done with 3 DD as long as the healer is good. Sorry but you were the ****** here and not that guy who wanted to have fun and clear the dungeon fast. DLC dungeons are a different story.

Tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank to hold aggro and keep the box still...

You don't need a tank for most any vet dungeons. You can even get away with doing vDSA with no tank if you have competent players. L2RollDodge

Again, tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank, and see what they have to say.

I'll tell the teams who wipe without a tank to quit being baddies. Lmao.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dakhumn wrote: »
    Multiple role chosing shouldn't be exist. Choose your role and play, simple. If u wanna quee as a tank, then play as tank, otherwise its becoming a selfishness and taking time of other players. Who wants to carry selfish players' loads?

Few days ago i played with a guy who choose all roles and playing as healer in that dungeon (vet elden hollow 1). In the middle of dungeon we noticed that the guy not healing. When we asked him, his answer is "do self heal!" Then we kicked him.Well if multiple choosen won't exist, then there will be less problem.

Now this I do not agree with. Selecting multiple roles is just misinformed folks or people who can do all roles with a gear swap like my sorc. Besides, it wouldn't have stopped the OP's issue. They can only q one role? May as well be tank then, even if they have 16k health and no taunt.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lets make this clear. YES, people have solo'ed vet dungeons. YES, its possible to do it without a healer or a tank or neither. BUT, doing so with a group of average PUG players is NOT gonna happen.

People who don't know what a rotation is, people that don't know how to self sustain, people that don't know how to spec for no healer or no tank scenarios, these are the people that you will most likely find in a group finder run. If you queue using the group finder you should not lie about your role and you should set yourself up to do the role you queue for. Not everyone can solo dungeons, not everyone can survive against bosses without a tank. They queue up expecting a proper healer and tank. Now the tank and healer might be average players too, but playing together and trying is how you learn and improve.

Just cause you have a team of 4 DPS's that have all done vMSA and can solo dungeons doesn't mean that all teams can do all dungeons with just 4 DPS's. Some people need the reliability of a Tank and a Healer, especially if they are new. So cry all you want how its doable to not have a Tank or a Healer, truth still is that most people need and or prefer to have a well formed group with 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 2 Damage Dealers.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most base game vet dungeons can be easily done with 3 DD as long as the healer is good. Sorry but you were the ****** here and not that guy who wanted to have fun and clear the dungeon fast. DLC dungeons are a different story.

Tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank to hold aggro and keep the box still...

You don't need a tank for most any vet dungeons. You can even get away with doing vDSA with no tank if you have competent players. L2RollDodge

Again, tell that to all the teams that wipe without a tank, and see what they have to say.

And if you had your way, those "baddies" shouldn't be allowed to use the dungeon finder tool right?
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is worse to me is when all the fake tank has to offer the group is the werewolf ultimate. .ugh
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

And if you had your way, those "baddies" shouldn't be allowed to use the dungeon finder tool right?
    If they wipe. They need to have a look at themselves rather than blame the lack of a tank. Bar the odd dungeon. Its much EASIER to do dungeons with all DDs or 3 and a bit of a healer.
  • Parvati_OAC
    Parvati_OAC
    ✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Yep. I'm a 660 tank and in a random last week I got /kick because the DPS and Heals did not understand the mechanics of Cradle Of Shadows (on NORM) last boss (specifically when she banishes you 'underground'...)

So I re-que and immediately land with the same group again....

/facepalm
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 12, 2017 9:52PM
    GT: Crutchboy1
    Xbox One - NA Server

Neia Coralei 50 // Stamina Nightblade
    Parvati Shallowe 50 // Stamina Warden
    Dask'omir 50 // Magica Nightblade
    Stormey 50 // Magica Templar
    Reftlin 50 // Magica Sorcerer
    Jho'zaine 50 // Stamina Templar
    K'iera 50 // Stamina Dragon Knight
    Z'andor // Stamina Sorcerer
    A'rtemsia 50 // Magica Dragon Knight

CP: 750
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Half the people who queue in the DPS role can't do much damage.

So yeah, they're cheating since they can't fulfill the role they chose?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

If they're not spamming healing springs or taunting everything and holding the boss, they're at bare minimum, but at least they're performing their role.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

If they wipe. They need to have a look at themselves rather than blame the lack of a tank. Bar the odd dungeon. Its much EASIER to do dungeons with all DDs or 3 and a bit of a healer.
    So you're saying that if a group needs a tank then it's their fault, is that right?
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

As long as they're trying to fulfill their role, no one can legitimately call it cheating.
    Edited by bhagwad on October 12, 2017 7:55PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I am SUPER impressed that the English forum software censored my French curse word :P

Shouldn't be that surprising, there's a French language board on here.

But, that's not what caught my attention. Please, oh wise one, tell me how to be both a kid, and old goober at the same time. :p
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple role chosing shouldn't be exist.

Wrong. That's not the issue. Multiple roles are just fine if you can handle and do the roles you queue for seriously.

My magicka characters can all heal as well as DPS. I use an addon called SWAPS that changes me from one to the other in a second and I take whichever role I get seriously.

I don't even have a problem with DPS as tank as long as they have the mitigation and crowd control as well as a taunt of some sort.

When I'm healing a dungeon I'm very aware of what the tank is doing. If it's a 14K health DPS with no tanking skill or abilities you can bet he won;t be getting priority from my heals... and I'm just hoping he'll complain :)
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Lets make this clear. YES, people have solo'ed vet dungeons. YES, its possible to do it without a healer or a tank or neither. BUT, doing so with a group of average PUG players is NOT gonna happen.

People who don't know what a rotation is, people that don't know how to self sustain, people that don't know how to spec for no healer or no tank scenarios, these are the people that you will most likely find in a group finder run. If you queue using the group finder you should not lie about your role and you should set yourself up to do the role you queue for. Not everyone can solo dungeons, not everyone can survive against bosses without a tank. They queue up expecting a proper healer and tank. Now the tank and healer might be average players too, but playing together and trying is how you learn and improve.

Just cause you have a team of 4 DPS's that have all done vMSA and can solo dungeons doesn't mean that all teams can do all dungeons with just 4 DPS's. Some people need the reliability of a Tank and a Healer, especially if they are new. So cry all you want how its doable to not have a Tank or a Healer, truth still is that most people need and or prefer to have a well formed group with 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 2 Damage Dealers.

I que all the time and get random 4dd pugs and get my dailes done. Literally all the time
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

So you're saying that if a group needs a tank then it's their fault, is that right?

Im saying if they wipe. They need to learn how to build and play their class correctly and then they will be alot more successfull
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I que everyday as a tank in sun/bsw. Put 2 block cost glyphs on that And you've got a tank that does dmg. Best way to do speed runs.
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    In these cases I just leave the group. In fact I have quite a few personal rules I use for leaving a group if I see something I do not like or if people are being rude in anyway.

Trouble is, if YOU leave the group, you get a 15 min penalty before re-queuing...kicking them save you that option and getting a tank doesn't take too long....
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

Im saying if they wipe. They need to learn how to build and play their class correctly and then they will be alot more successfull

Quite. So basically you're saying that:

1. Players who need a tank are not playing the game "correctly"
    2. ZOS is wrong to cater to this 90% player base by mandatorily slotting a tank role into every dungeon finder group.

Am I correct in assuming that you are claiming these two things? Or have I misrepresented your views in some way?
    Edited by bhagwad on October 12, 2017 8:12PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it isn't a trial you don't need a tank, if you have decent players.
    If you don't have decent players then even a real tank won't help you.

Morale of the story, kick people for bad performance, not for who queues as what.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Morale of the story, kick people for bad performance, not for who queues as what.

There is an odd correlation though. Terrible players looking for a carry do seem to be more inclined to queue as whatever they feel like in an attempt to bypass the wait. To be fair, that might just be "13 year olds seem to be inclined..." but, still.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

I disagree. A tank makes all the difference in the world for the vast majority of players. "Decent" is a loaded word that shouldn't be used to talk about 10% of the player base.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree. A tank makes all the difference in the world for the vast majority of players. "Decent" is a loaded word that shouldn't be used to talk about 10% of the player base.

Yeah, I should probably cop to the fact that my baseline for "decent," is completely ******.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone defending the fake tank does it too.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple role chosing shouldn't be exist. Choose your role and play, simple. If u wanna quee as a tank, then play as tank, otherwise its becoming a selfishness and taking time of other players. Who wants to carry selfish players' loads?

Few days ago i played with a guy who choose all roles and playing as healer in that dungeon (vet elden hollow 1). In the middle of dungeon we noticed that the guy not healing. When we asked him, his answer is "do self heal!" Then we kicked him.Well if multiple choosen won't exist, then there will be less problem.
    The problem with multiple roles is that its pointless to queue as all, the only reason why you would get in as DD is if you queue as tank, some refused group and you get put in front of queue, now he select another tank and you get the DD slot.
    Rater than you tank another group so two DD would get in rather than waiting for tank.

My magic warden I would not queue as DD only healer, its something called fake DD.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BenzZos
    BenzZos
    ✭✭✭
    My issue is with all these potatoes that try to cheat the system by queuing as DPS
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter whether it's normal or vet, if you're PUGing, you play you role. For tanks, this means you taunt.

Now, if you're with a private group of friends, you do what you want obviously--but not public queuing.

Come into my group not healing if you're a healer or not taunting if you're a tank, and you're going to get Italy'd.

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know what the real irony is here, people saying the dungeon can be done with 4 DPS, while maybe true in some cases. Then, people complain that Tanks and Healers don't know how to do their jobs in a dungeon that needs the 3 Roles to be played. They never get to learn the role.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭

Think you really are missing the whole point here. It is irrelevant whether or not the dungeon needed a tank - it could probably be cleared by 4 healers. It was the fact that one selfish person decided they did not want to queue like others and faked a role to get his/her "fun" ahead of someone else.

If someone cut into a queue for tickets/games/food/toilet I'd want to remove them to the very back of the queue just because I can't stand rude, selfish, self-absorbed snowflakes that think the world revolves around them.

<gets of hobby horse>
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As long as they're trying to fulfill their role, no one can legitimately call it cheating.

They're certainly wasting my time though, like a fake tank. I'd rather a fake tank instead of a bad DPS, because as many have said, a real tank isn't needed most of the time.