Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Down again, for a few hours, in 10 mins.

• Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baby Khajiit just sighs!

2mx3n20.jpg
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Geez, what an awful way to wake up! :( I hope it's not too bad over there.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

While you are here, in the patch notes it is said:
    Banished Cells I and II
    High Kinlord Rilis and his summoned creatures will once again leave the platform to engage player characters.

Yesterday BC2 was a pledge and daedroth are still stuck on the platform :/
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    What is the exploit please @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

I hope those who get the No death / speed of Vhf won't get banned ... Cause it's not our fault if we get them once Vhf completed . And i won't accept to get banned simply because i have finished a dungeon that i have paid for.

btw, you can't say use the nature of the exploit , but can you say us if this is not about the Vhf achievement ?

Hey, is the no death guaranteed in a run?

yep , i get it ith 9 dead.

my friend get it with 1 dead.

my guild mate get it with something like 30+ dead .

I hope this will get fixed cause i didn't paid 1500 crown for finish the dlc at 100% 2 day later simply because there is a bug.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was nearing the end of a dungeon when I got a big bright yellow notice about the servers going down in 10 min for maint. Putting that notice in game was very helpful and let me get my elf to a happy place and exit the game in a controlled manner. Thanks for the in game notice!

Hey, maybe just me, but I could care less what the exploit is. The timing indicates it is serious and the exclusion of XBox servers means it was likely introduced by the latest patch since XBoxers don't have that patch yet. That's enough for me.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    andy_s wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

While you are here, in the patch notes it is said:
    Banished Cells I and II
    High Kinlord Rilis and his summoned creatures will once again leave the platform to engage player characters.

Yesterday BC2 was a pledge and daedroth are still stuck on the platform :/

Can confirm. Just a mosh pit of daedroth on the platform.
    PC/EU DC
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

I hope those who get the No death / speed of Vhf won't get banned ... Cause it's not our fault if we get them once Vhf completed . And i won't accept to get banned simply because i have finished a dungeon that i have paid for.

btw, you can't say use the nature of the exploit , but can you say us if this is not about the Vhf achievement ?

People have been using Invis pots to speed run it.....So that's a thing I personally think should not be happening.

Why? Invis pots are part of the game.

IDK because it's a Dungeon and I just have a *thing* about skippable mobs in dungeons - if it's allowed, it's allowed, but still.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »

I wonder what exploit could get Zeni off its butts to jump and fix? I mean we have gone several weeks even months with certain exploits before Zeni would acknowledge them, and we have had some bad exploits in the past so what makes this one so special that Zeni jumps to fix it?

Generally if the exploit can ruin the in-game economy, they're faster about fixing it since it has a wide impact, like with the survey banker exploit. So I'm thinking it's along those lines, but it'd still be nice to get confirmation if the exploit is something that'd have to be done maliciously/intentionally.

This.

I can't say this is *EXACTLY* what the issue is, but I'll give you a little insight on what I've experienced in the last 12 hours...

I logged-off around 9:30 PM EST last night.

I checked Discord on my phone around 7 AM EST while taking my puppy out and had our 2nd In Command messaging me saying I was demoting people, kicking people, Guild Bank, etc. They knew it wasn't me, and that my account had been compromised.

I logged in and checked, sure enough...my account (Tens of millions of Gold and tens of thousands of Gold Materials, Psijic Recipes, Rare Motifs, etc. Literally...a Jackpot Account.) had been hijacked.

I never got an "unknown IP" email. I only play in 2 locations. Neither are accessible during the hours which this 'attack' took place. Unless you like armed security at one location or a nasty Doberman in your face at another...lol.

I lost 3.5 years worth of stuff, not to mention 2 of my Personal Guild Banks! :(

I hope this is all related, and I hope they roll-back all the changes that were made during this time.

*IF* this isn't related...well...it's been fun playing with you all!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • kagorsa
    kagorsa
    ✭✭✭
    I got out of hospital about 5 hrs ago from an operation on my neck, got home knowing there was an update which took ages no fault of eso just slow my end, got in the game & not long after the 10 minute siren went off :). I knew it must be something like an exploit, but atleast its not like eve-online when they found a large exploit the servers were instantly shut down with no warning. So atleast you got a warning.:)

Barbed wire has so many uses. Please bear in mind I have writing Dyslexia & I use Grammarly to help me type.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grymmoire wrote: »
    Baby Khajiit just sighs!

2mx3n20.jpg

Also peeking at when the servers are going to be back up

gif.gif
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's pizza time (for meh).
    PC/EU
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

I wonder what exploit could get Zeni off its butts to jump and fix? I mean we have gone several weeks even months with certain exploits before Zeni would acknowledge them, and we have had some bad exploits in the past so what makes this one so special that Zeni jumps to fix it?

Generally if the exploit can ruin the in-game economy, they're faster about fixing it since it has a wide impact, like with the survey banker exploit. So I'm thinking it's along those lines, but it'd still be nice to get confirmation if the exploit is something that'd have to be done maliciously/intentionally.

This.

I can't say this is *EXACTLY* what the issue is, but I'll give you a little insight on what I've experienced in the last 12 hours...

I checked Discord on my phone around 7 AM EST while taking my puppy out and had our 2nd In Command messaging me saying I was demoting people, kicking people, Guild Bank, etc. They knew it wasn't me, and that my account had been compromised.

I logged in and checked, sure enough...my account (Tens of millions of Gold and tens of thousands of Gold Materials, Psijic Recipes, Rare Motifs, etc. Literally...a Jackpot Account.) had been hijacked.

I never got an "unknown IP" email. I only play in 2 locations. Neither are accessible during the hours which this 'attack' took place. Unless you like armed security at one location or a nasty Doberman in your face at another...lol.

I lost 3.5 years worth of stuff, not to mention 2 of my Personal Guild Banks! :(

I hope this is all related, and I hope they roll-back all the changes that were made during this time.

OMG dude that is awful!

IF THIS IS IT THEN ZOS BETTER PERMA IP BAN... SERIOUSLY!! THERE IS NO WAY THAT SOMEONE CAN SAY THEY DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS WRONG!!!!!
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.

Holy ***, that is terrible.
    PC/EU DC
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kagorsa wrote: »
    I got out of hospital about 5 hrs ago from an operation on my neck, got home knowing there was an update which took ages no fault of eso just slow my end, got in the game & not long after the 10 minute siren went off :). I knew it must be something like an exploit, but atleast its not like eve-online when they found a large exploit the servers were instantly shut down with no warning. So atleast you got a warning.:)
    Depends on the nature of the exploit and what is gained. If this is a gold related exploit, shouldve just shut the servers off without a warning.
    People can send the gold in mails to themselves or friends etc if there is a warning.
    #MOREORBS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.

Oh Holy. :( I really hope they fix it!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.

horrible ... did zenimax give you back these items ?
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭

This.

Even if it affects every account with xp items and any other achievement, I too hope they roll back the servers for your sake.
    I would gladly sacrifice any achievement i got yesterday to right this wrong.
    This is just wrong.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the recent visits from the prophet and hooded figure an exploit? Just for the record I did not invite their attention. Although it did seem to upset Lyris..
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.

Yeah I wouldn't know what to do if they don't roll that crap back that's an insane exploit if that day 1 launch bug came back when random people were logging into other people's accounts not unpurpose but whenever they tried to sign into there's really hope they fix this if this is also a 2nd case.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game bank account got hacked into last week . There was $3.74 cents in there . Jokes on you hacker .
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

:( Sad that it takes players to narrow down what is going on rather than ZOS just giving us a decent update - especially if our accounts might be comprimised - SMH.. people seem to congratulating ZOS on 'cute memes' and taking the servers down and not really expecting much more.. Honest players are kept in the dark - whilst the exploiters will continue to collude and share their little tricks.

Anyway ZOS - we will find out anyway, just through the grapevine and not through a couple of lines from you.. wierd but watev's.
    Edited by StackonClown on August 16, 2017 3:24PM
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I be still wondering if this exploit is something someone can do completely on accident and not even know it.
  • CalebBlackhand
    CalebBlackhand
    ✭✭✭

I'll take the Doberman if you don't need him any more ;) But if this is (related to) the exploit, the prime-time-downtime is all but perfectly okay.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard back from them yet. They also trashed the Great House Hlaalu bank. This cannot stand! :(

Anyways, like I said, I don't know *for sure* that this is all related...but judging how bad this *could* be...it explains the reason to pull the servers down to prevent it from spreading.

*fingers crossed*
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kagorsa wrote: »

I remember getting a few minutes warning on Eve Online. And they usually fixed things in <30min rather than several hours...
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.

Yeah I wouldn't know what to do if they don't roll that crap back that's an insane exploit if that day 1 launch bug came back when random people were logging into other people's accounts not unpurpose but whenever they tried to sign into there's really hope they fix this if this is also a 2nd case.

I remember that. I would have a heart attack and I don't even have all that much stuff (gave loads away when I went on a break) - like a couple million only and some valuable recipes/motifs - so I can imagine! I would have a cry! I hope you have all your own gear still! That's the WORST!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

If this is what happened then you'll get your stuff back - it's stored in the logs and they can restore it. If there is a possible way to bypass the authentification then of course it has to be HoT fixed pronto.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

This is what I would call an emergency !

I really hope this gets fixed for you!
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I be still wondering if this exploit is something someone can do completely on accident and not even know it.

Wait....wait...wait..... if you log onto someone account in accident then you log the F out and immediately message ZOS!!
    Clearing out their gold and kicking people... that is not an "accident"
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.

:( Sad that it takes players to narrow down what is going on rather than ZOS just giving us a decent update - especially if our accounts might be comprimised - SMH.. people seem to congratulating ZOS on 'cute memes' and taking the servers down and not really expecting much more.. Honest players are kept in the dark - whilst the exploiters will continue to collude and share their little tricks.

Anyway ZOS - we will find out anyway, just through the grapevine and not through a couple of lines from you.. wierd but watev's.

Well I just changed my PW just incase I would probably suggest anyone else to too
This discussion has been closed.