The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server Down again, for a few hours, in 10 mins.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    All dungeons were granting no death achievement even when a group member died.

... I really hope it wasn't something as trivial as that. Because if it was just, people getting achievements, rewards and leaderboard points for technical issues / technical problems. <- Well, thats how I would describe PVP for the last 3 years (if I was in a bad mood) ... and guess what, that hasn't been fixed till now.

It's not the achievement, but we are working on getting that fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS:

It's a beautiful day outside and I have been putting off calling an old friend back (just to play ESO). I can occupy myself for a few hours, or even more if that turns out to be the case, so I'm cool with you fixing an exploit in a game that I don't want exploits in. I am not perfect and make mistakes too, so I understand you got to do what has to be done.

• Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    What could be so terrible it can't be spoken ?

Voldemort... duh

Fellows just turn off the computer and go do something else. A video game it's not your life...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    What is the exploit please @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

I hope those who get the No death / speed of Vhf won't get banned ... Cause it's not our fault if we get them once Vhf completed . And i won't accept to get banned simply because i have finished a dungeon that i have paid for.

btw, you can't say use the nature of the exploit , but can you say us if this is not about the Vhf achievement ?

People have been using Invis pots to speed run it.....So that's a thing I personally think should not be happening.

Or it's a clever use of game mechanics as @ZOS_BrianWheeler said when the AP outpost farm was on and ZOS decided it was an exploit a week later.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I wonder what exploit it is this time. A maintenance for some hours in the European prime time 2 days after release sucks.

Not to complain but last night too, the Login Server EU PC was down - not for that long, though. But kinda sucked because my husband had finally go to bed and I can do anything without paying attention when he talks about his game or whatever....and nope. xD
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭

It's ok. This can be a good place to chat in the meantime.

As "this is a good place to chat" and also there is a little time while fixing is underway I have 2 questions on Master Writs.

Although there was no ZOS announcement in patch notes or similar we see since HoR that Master Writs received now include Morrowind crafting stations and now the (non Crown Store) Motifs up to and incuding Morrowind.
    1. Has the list of qualifying Motifs for Writ drop improvement also increased to include these same Motifs up to Morrowind?
    2. If it has then have you also added in Furnishing Plans/Master Furnisher Achievement as Qualifying for Writ drop improvement too?
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    Hey while you guys are bringing the game down fixing an exploit why not fix other problems the patch caused as well like the controller bank ui issue, or treasure Hunter perk.

We're working on fixes for those issues for the upcoming incremental patch - they aren't ready to be published yet.

Is there a current ETA on how long this should last?

Nothing exact right now, looking at a few hours. When we have a better idea, we'll post in that main thread.

Is it possible that some players could have done this exploit and not even know about it?
    cause it'd suck to have done this and not even knowing to have done it then get in trouble for it lol.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »

Voldemort... duh

Fellows just turn off the computer and go do something else. A video game it's not your life...

Actually there is one far greater evil than Voldemort

It's name is T...o

Warning Image below
    latest?cb=20170615230642
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    I don't care about the consequences, the exploit is/was as follows:
    Adhazabi Aba-daro spawned a few days early with a copy of episode 6 of Game of Thrones for 200k Alliance Points

DUDE... LMFAO!!!!
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this one " borrowed too many things last night." XD
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    There's definitely something going on with gamepad mode. Anytime I interact with a bank, the controller stops working. I have to close out of the game and launcher, unplug said controller then back in to get it to work again. Happens sometimes in combat too. (I play with a controller due to medical condition in my wrist, can't do keyboard and mouse)

Anyways, hope the maintenance will go smoothly! Keep up the great work with handling all of us forum posters @ZOS_GinaBruno lol Good choice on the meme. xD
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

In the spirit of transparency can you please provide the number of accounts you plan to ban and for how long?
    No naming and shaming- just some numbers to give us some reassurance here. is it 1 account or 1000? is it a permanent ban?

Surely, you can talk about this?
    Edited by StackonClown on August 16, 2017 3:09PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope those who get the No death / speed of Vhf won't get banned ... Cause it's not our fault if we get them once Vhf completed . And i won't accept to get banned simply because i have finished a dungeon that i have paid for.

btw, you can't say use the nature of the exploit , but can you say us if this is not about the Vhf achievement ?

Hey, is the no death guaranteed in a run?
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    All dungeons were granting no death achievement even when a group member died.

... I really hope it wasn't something as trivial as that. Because if it was just, people getting achievements, rewards and leaderboard points for technical issues / technical problems. <- Well, thats how I would describe PVP for the last 3 years (if I was in a bad mood) ... and guess what, that hasn't been fixed till now.

It's not the achievement, but we are working on getting that fixed.

Yeah I know, but I really hate to wait.

<3
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There's definitely something going on with gamepad mode. Anytime I interact with a bank, the controller stops working. I have to close out of the game and launcher, unplug said controller then back in to get it to work again. Happens sometimes in combat too. (I play with a controller due to medical condition in my wrist, can't do keyboard and mouse)

Anyways, hope the maintenance will go smoothly! Keep up the great work with handling all of us forum posters @ZOS_GinaBruno lol Good choice on the meme. xD

Regarding the bug with gamepad mode and the UI, we should have a fix for that in the upcoming incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Voldemort... duh

ESO is life . The rest is an illusion .
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will you guys really take care of those who gained from the exploit though? You haven't done in the past.
    You simply fix the problem after people abusing it have made gains from it and take no action against the abusers.

So called perma bans that last two weeks springs to mind...
    You can only frustrate your player base for so long before it will collapse.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina , you should just tell us what this was . You can trust a few thousand close personal forum friends to keep a secret . We won't tell any other forum .
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hi if the servers are being down to fix the exploit how come we are not allowed to know anything about it? I haven't known the servers to be taken down for a fix before, usually it's a hotfix, though I can't remember if the banker exploit was taken down.

Anyway, I'm assuming this is to do with something to do with gold or item duplication.
    #MOREORBS
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Was it reported by a player and if so will he/she be rewarded for their actions?

So many questions so few answers.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Onigar wrote: »

It's ok. This can be a good place to chat in the meantime.

As "this is a good place to chat" and also there is a little time while fixing is underway I have 2 questions on Master Writs.

Although there was no ZOS announcement in patch notes or similar we see since HoR that Master Writs received now include Morrowind crafting stations and now the (non Crown Store) Motifs up to and incuding Morrowind.
    1. Has the list of qualifying Motifs for Writ drop improvement also increased to include these same Motifs up to Morrowind?
    2. If it has then have you also added in Furnishing Plans/Master Furnisher Achievement as Qualifying for Writ drop improvement too?

1. Yes, we added new Motifs to increase Writ drop chances with this latest update.
    2. We have not yet incorporated this.
    3. We'll do a better job at messaging changes like this in the future. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will you guys really take care of those who gained from the exploit though? You haven't done in the past.
    You simply fix the problem after people abusing it have made gains from it and take no action against the abusers.

So called perma bans that last two weeks springs to mind...
    You can only frustrate your player base for so long before it will collapse.

Not only Pve combat bugs but also Economy ones as well, they let people keep what they gained through selling the Decoy Elder scroll which was supposed to be BoP in the first place.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the obscurity is just a soft cushion for exploiters and cheaters. But well. The standard set by this has always been that the only regret about an exploit is that you didn't get to know it in time.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the obscurity is just a soft cushion for exploiters and cheaters. But well. The standard set by this has always been that the only regret about an exploit is that you didn't get to know it in time.
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right before the servers when down someone in my trade guild said they think it has something to do with research scrolls/research time/ etc.

Not sure how someone can make money off of researching items but <shrugs>

On to a more important topic... Ayleid plans... has anyone gotten one? I've spent hours killing with zero :(
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

People have been using Invis pots to speed run it.....So that's a thing I personally think should not be happening.

Why? Invis pots are part of the game.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can't be about the no-death achievement, because that was reported as a bug during the first week of PTS. :D
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Please fix the bards while you're at it or make them killable again. They were already annoying but sing/plying up to 4 songs at once is torture. Why aren't they killable anymore. It was my outlet as a music critic.
    I like the bards, and wouldn't want them to be killed.
    My one exception is bards who sing "Red Diamond." Those should be killed immediately, no hesitation.

Red Diamond, Red Diamond
    The heart and soul of men!
    Red Diamond, Red Diamond
    Protect us til the end!

My favorite song, I always stop when I hear bards singing it.

Have some cringe of me signing it during a raid night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfgrIKB7DA

applause

Encore! Encore!
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't even dare say what the exploit was even though it's being fixed, it's got to be something scarier that vFH nodeath and infallible mage's 5 piece bonus.

Also please don't "fix" infallible mage. Ever.
    Ia definitely needs a buff. Whole set has been useless (apart from vAA) for a while now.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on August 16, 2017 3:15PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voldemort... duh

I took an hour break and after I came back, this happened. Noooooooooo... :)
    PC/EU
This discussion has been closed.