The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Down again, for a few hours, in 10 mins.

• AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    *then
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What could be so terrible it can't be spoken ?
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    You were getting no death achievement even though you die in one of new dungeons not sure but that could be it.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet they're going to fix some things they broke themselves and just say to us it's an exploit ^^
    Aether nerf incoming.... it was an exploit :trollface:
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gina has a thread up on this in the Maintenance Announcements section - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/366588/pc-mac-na-eu-downtime-8-16-10-40am-edt#latest

That said, not everyone looks there without a reason so I think having a thread here in General is a great idea.

That's why I did it. I wasn't just trying to be stupid or annoying. (and because I resent people who exploit things - it makes me sick and just ruins things for everyone)
    Edited by Mureel on August 16, 2017 2:52PM
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    Hey while you guys are bringing the game down fixing an exploit why not fix other problems the patch caused as well like the controller bank ui issue, or treasure Hunter perk.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    Hopefully they fix the Treasure Hunter CP while they're at it!
    That fix will be in the next incremental, not during this downtime.

ad4mss wrote: »
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    What is the exploit please @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

Please explain us once again, why downtime is done only when EU prime time is nearby? Few hours for fixing some exploit? Since when applying fixes takes so much time? You need to replace whole game data at servers or what?
    We certainly avoid taking the server offline during prime time, but in this case, the issue was serious enough to require us to apply a fix immediately.

While doing that, make Linchal Grand Manor buyable :)
    When will it be on Sale?! ::)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mureel wrote: »
    Gina has a thread up on this in the Maintenance Announcements section - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/366588/pc-mac-na-eu-downtime-8-16-10-40am-edt#latest

That said, not everyone looks there without a reason so I think having a thread here in General is a great idea.

That's why I did it. I wasn't just trying to be stupid or annoying.

It's ok. This can be a good place to chat in the meantime.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Due to the nature of the exploit, we aren't able to divulge any details. That said, you can rest assured that we will be fixing it, and any accounts found to be abusing it will be taken care of.

Thanks Gina!

Edited by Robbmrp on August 16, 2017 2:51PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    All dungeons were granting no death achievement even when a group member died.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭

ad4mss wrote: »

Please explain us once again, why downtime is done only when EU prime time is nearby? Few hours for fixing some exploit? Since when applying fixes takes so much time? You need to replace whole game data at servers or what?
    We certainly avoid taking the server offline during prime time, but in this case, the issue was serious enough to require us to apply a fix immediately.

Sure, but if there is an EU server somewhere in EU why you won't set maintenances with EU time zones but you still keep it with NA time zones. Is this hard to share 2 different servers maintenance time between two different time zones?
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    I think I may know what this is about but won't elaborate until it's been addressed. Let's just say...it wiped 3.5 years of progress of mine.

Im sure it will be down as long as needed before its fixed so you can just say

I don't have a leg to stand on to confirm my suspicions. I'll say this if it's what I *think* it is...

Bypassing Login Server to gain account access. No "new machine email code" needed. Account Hijacks. If you're the GM of a big Guild *ahem* --- this can cause even larger issues!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    it's probably not an exploit...i bet they have just found some other way to scam people out of their money :wink:

@stevepdodson_ESO888

Conspiracy much?

• rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    I bet they're going to fix some things they broke themselves and just say to us it's an exploit ^^
    Aether nerf incoming.... it was an exploit :trollface:

The broken thing was being exploited by the fictional DDoS attack that just happened to coincide with the PvP Event. :)
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭

Drat, no treasure chest hunting for at least 4 days then :/
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey while you guys are bringing the game down fixing an exploit why not fix other problems the patch caused as well like the controller bank ui issue, or treasure Hunter perk.

We're working on fixes for those issues for the upcoming incremental patch - they aren't ready to be published yet.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any MMO server going down for unscheduled maintenance without much of a warning usually means the bug is very severe. I smell duplication bug.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is the no death exploit on the new vet dungeons... im sure everyone who wants it and cares about it already has the achievement anyway.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So how's your morning going?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope those who get the No death / speed of Vhf won't get banned ... Cause it's not our fault if we get them once Vhf completed . And i won't accept to get banned simply because i have finished a dungeon that i have paid for.

btw, you can't say use the nature of the exploit , but can you say us if this is not about the Vhf achievement ?
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HORRIBLE!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Please fix the bards while you're at it or make them killable again. They were already annoying but sing/plying up to 4 songs at once is torture. Why aren't they killable anymore. It was my outlet as a music critic.
    I like the bards, and wouldn't want them to be killed.
    My one exception is bards who sing "Red Diamond." Those should be killed immediately, no hesitation.

Red Diamond, Red Diamond
    The heart and soul of men!
    Red Diamond, Red Diamond
    Protect us til the end!
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're working on fixes for those issues for the upcoming incremental patch - they aren't ready to be published yet.

When that Treasure Hunter is fixed I'm gna be so happy. Really like how you're knuckled down fixing this stuff.

(hopefully this isn't a thread highjack, but mentioned you in another thread about Nerien'eth possibru bug, if thou can taketh a look in a pinch m'lady).
    Edited by Blackbird_V on August 16, 2017 2:55PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's probably not an exploit...i bet they have just found some other way to scam people out of their money :wink:

@stevepdodson_ESO888

Conspiracy much?

sitting here with my tin-foil hat on rocking slowly backwards and forwards in a corner right now
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭

Ok awesome =) thanks for the good news!
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Gina. Can you confirm if the increased bounty players receive for killing Nobles and other "hard" NPCs after HotR was intended? I didn't read anything about it in the patch notes. I am not complaining about bounty or the justice system, I am just trying to find out if this was an intended change. Thanks for your time!

(Thread for context)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/366434/bounty-bugged-since-hotr-massive-increase-in-bounty-for-killing-certain-npcs#latest
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Oh, pretty similar to this:

0ink5EC.gif
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there a current ETA on how long this should last?
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »

"Any accounts found taking advantage of something made legal by our consistent displays of incompetence will be punished unjustly."

Translation: "I abused an obvious exploit and now I'm scurred of permaban"
    Edited by theamazingx on August 16, 2017 2:57PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm... just Alt-Tab-ed the game... The servers are still running.... :o

[edit]
    Oh wait... they don't xD
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 16, 2017 2:58PM
This discussion has been closed.