Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• Caseyladner
    MacCait wrote: »
    They have also added weather affects INSIDE the Cavern. Not sure why.

Originally it had drips which where pretty cool and very cave like. Very realistic. Now when its a storm, you get full on terrential rain inside the Cavern... EVEN though it is a CAVERN with a humongous solid STONE CEILING.

It's like adding full on rain inside a house.

Obviously must be a bug.

I just bought the cave and am loving it so far. I have run into this bug though where it is raining inside my cavern!!!! Wish they would fix this. I feel like I burned a 100 dollar bill to buy this place but I do love it. It is my virtual chill spot. Having fun decorating it which I did not think would be enjoyable but it really is. They should have added a wayshrine, blacksmithing station, enchanting station, ect. in the house for the amount of money I payed.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triumviri wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »
    That is the thing. It was not intended. No access was to be given to said space whether or not one could simply walk I to it.

They removed the access. Its over deal with it.

You must not have read the thread and looked at all the pretty pictures. They didnt just wall of a small area. They took a large portion of it in some areas.

Good. It was not intended.

Let me try to paint you a picture. You bought a mount. Let's say a horse. With a nice white mane which you love. Now your horse has a bonnet. It was never intended for you to see the white mane. You did not nothing special, the white mane was just there.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not you're defending blocking off a part of the house (if so wtf?), are we just ignoring the other random boulders added to the cave for no reason? Some of them floating in the water? Or how about the fact that it's raining inside the damn house? Is that defendable? Come on, guys.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We're talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what's decided as soon as possible.

the real questions are:

What else has the Communications staff failed to inform us about?

&

What steps are you going to take in the future to keep players informed of changes to content that they purchased?

Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can remote retrieve the furnished items. This spot was not intended to be sold as a secret hang out spot in the house. You all need to move on.

TROLL ALERT

Nothing constructive to add to the discussion, even in disagreement... just bait. If you don't feed the trolls they get bored and go elsewhere. Probably just bored and ventured out from beneath his bridge.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

Between housing launch and more recent updates, several changes were made to the houses in an attempt to fix some minor housing bugs, such as visual graphical errors or players being able to get outside the playable area. We had some internal issues that caused these changes to slip through our normal processes that are intended to keep houses and housing items as close as possible to the original when we have to fix housing-related problems. Obviously if a bug pops up, if it starts raining inside your house for example, that’s a problem and we will fix it. In general, though, your house should not functionally change as a result.We should have done a better job of communicating the changes and why they happened. As mentioned before, some of our internal processes were missed and we will ensure that that won't happen again in the future.

Here are the fixes we are working on now:
    • Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.
    • Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.
    • Mathiisen Manor – Missing windows. As already noted in another thread, this is a bug and will be fixed.
    • Nord Lamps are now white instead of yellow – We are looking into this. If this is simply a cosmetic change, we would make both yellow and white available in the store for free for a period of time so that you can get the right one.
    • Swinging Lamps not swinging – This is a bug and will be fixed.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is something. nice.
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for this.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right on! That should restore the harshest critics faith. :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

Between housing launch and more recent updates, several changes were made to the houses in an attempt to fix some minor housing bugs, such as visual graphical errors or players being able to get outside the playable area. We had some internal issues that caused these changes to slip through our normal processes that are intended to keep houses and housing items as close as possible to the original when we have to fix housing-related problems. Obviously if a bug pops up, if it starts raining inside your house for example, that’s a problem and we will fix it. In general, though, your house should not functionally change as a result.We should have done a better job of communicating the changes and why they happened. As mentioned before, some of our internal processes were missed and we will ensure that that won't happen again in the future.

• Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.
    • Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.
    • Mathiisen Manor – Missing windows. As already noted in another thread, this is a bug and will be fixed.
    • Nord Lamps are now white instead of yellow – We are looking into this. If this is simply a cosmetic change, we would make both yellow and white available in the store for free for a period of time so that you can get the right one.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.

Thank you. I'm sure we all really appreciate this reconsideration. You've also just saved me a ton of work on making a video too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know it's just a silly small thing, but can I also ask that the floating rock is also removed. It was obviously placed there by mistake

Many thanks
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for this, I will pass on the word to friends and guildies. Just please follow through with these changes. :smile:
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the detailed update, Gina. It's nice to see that these issues aren't being hand-waved away.
    Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.

This sounds good, although it would be best if the debris didn't have to count against our furnishing limit. (Hint, hint.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I also asked Kai in german forums, dunno who will be faster but: U guys forgot to mention the shadowfenn hom..something with moist, where walls vanished. ;)
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Nicely done, ZOS. Your response is appreciated on so many levels.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Good, thanks for the updates.

Anything for the guys with Stay-Moist missing walls?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/346383/stay-moist-mansion-bugged-after-update-missing-ruined-walls-lamppost#latest

And Amaya Lake Lodge?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest

Pretty sure its about time to have the Housing team audit ALL the houses for whatever they were working on when they dumped this onto Live.
    Edited by Darlgon on June 29, 2017 3:41PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just discovered another CHANGE in the Cavern...this one is REALLLY ODD... It's a single floating rock!!

At first I thought it was one of mine, but then realised I don't have a rock like this. Still, I tried to retrieve it via tab, but searching through everything, it's not placed by me. It's placed by someone at ZOS.

Very strange. It serves no purpose and is just a little annoying. I thought I'd add it here so it can be removed in time. Obviously it must have been placed there by mistake when making recent (unwanted) changes to the Cavern.

INgZsjb.jpg

You can stand on it, as its floating just below the surface in deep water!

CMaYULt.jpg

z2vcXiZ.jpg

X69fWYP.jpg

Here is where it is on the map:

4Q0YTST.jpg

Ew2D4AM.jpg

This is the one!!
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I always thought that public image was supposed to be important to companies these days?

I guess not.

only when it affects profit enough, until then it's full $team ahead
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic. I feel much better knowing that the team understands the importance of trying not to significantly alter crown-purchased items and that the concerns raised in this thread are being addressed. This goes a long way towards restoring faith (and trust) - Thank you!

PS4NA
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    I always thought that public image was supposed to be important to companies these days?

I guess not.

More likely their legal department got involved. Although, it's possible that some of the posters are whales.

• Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭

I guess not.

More likely their legal department got involved. Although, it's possible that some of the posters are whales.

^This. And possibly maybe because the community stood its ground and threatened no more Crate purchases.

You don't wait 3 weeks..............To little.....to late. As happy I am that everyone is getting the space back and as a community we was able to come together for a change......my confidence in ZO$ is not any better due to this post.

I will say thank you anyways to the ZO$ members who had our backs......but I think that is very few.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to know that they've listened to our concerns and we finally have a response. I hope to see all of this fixed soon. Gives me hope for fixes for many other houses, especially the invisible walls thing.

However this is what I was afraid of:
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Seems rather an odd thing to do really. I mean why would ZOS remove a random bit of seaweed and tiny beach stones? Doesn't make sense.
    What I'm worried about is that they might be trying to make us use up more of our furnishing slots so that they can then sell us extra slots in the crowns store. :/
    I really hope they actually fix this. I'm not an ESO+ subscriber so I have extremely limited furnishing slots as it is.

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on June 29, 2017 4:33PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess not.

I don't think their legal dept scare easily, $500 million says they don't ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is fantastic news - I understand the need to fix bugs and block off areas that are not intended to be accessible (like escaping into the world through rocks or something), but detrimental changes to things that people have paid money for with no explanation or forewarning really upset a lot of folks. A lot of us love housing and get attached to the homes we make. Having them change significantly after purchase and decoration is unpleasant to say the least.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to get replacement yellow nord lamps :)

While this is being discussed, how about raising the invisible ceiling at Twin Arches so that the roof can be used? That always seemed like a bug or at very least an oversight to me.
    Edited by Epona222 on June 29, 2017 4:39PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet stuff. Thank you.

Now can we get that awful item limit bug fixed o:)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, that's great! Thanks for passing that along, and thank you to whoever opened the discussion on the changes internally.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a nice comeback, ZOS and Gina.

I was decided to not buy a single house again after what was done to the Cave and the first response about the issue.

It gives me hope to see that ZOS can indeed listen to our complains and actually respond with appropriate and fair measures that benefit the players.

Most of this could have been avoided from the start, but in the end I liked the solution and can't wait to finally be able to put stuff on that walkway in the Cave.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These fixes to these issues are great but I will say I am still a little hesitant about spending more money until my faith is restored in ZOS. Hubby and I have our six month Plus membership renewal coming up the end of July and we have decided to do it on a month by month basis instead of paying the whole $156 for six months to see if everything gets fixed. Once we feel comfortable and confident with ZOS again we will be more than happy to revert back to the six month plan and with purchasing crowns again.

Thanks again @ZOS_GinaBruno for the update.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on June 29, 2017 4:53PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed update, Gina. It's nice to see that these issues aren't being hand-waved away.
    Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.

This sounds good, although it would be best if the debris didn't have to count against our furnishing limit. (Hint, hint.)

yes, exactly this what came to my mind, that if it would be as furnishings, then it would take up the limit, which is pretty low btw....so better if you would restore it to the state as it was before the bug happened

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Good, thanks for the updates.

Anything for the guys with Stay-Moist missing walls?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/346383/stay-moist-mansion-bugged-after-update-missing-ruined-walls-lamppost#latest

And Amaya Lake Lodge?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest

Pretty sure its about time to have the Housing team audit ALL the houses for whatever they were working on when they dumped this onto Live.

what?? more houses bugged?? "nice"...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for this update (even if a bit late, but still better than never :) )

I hope that you will be able to fix all the bugs (as the furniture cap is pretty low imho, so hopefully the beach decorations will not count to this limit)
This discussion has been closed.